New York Cannabis News

Razhumikin

Been true in the city for years, happy to see it rolled out to the rest of the state.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Agreed, @florduh.
I had a job in the 70's as a driver for a natural foods distributor (bunch of hippies...) and I quit when they made up a new policy, "Drivers can't get high on the job."

1nd3cEnt

The New York State Cannabis Control Board will hold a public meeting of the Board at 1:00 p.m. on Thursday, October 21, 2021 virtually. The public can observe this meeting from a mobile or computer on our live webcast:
(Videos and transcripts of the meeting will be posted on our website following the meeting.)
Agenda:
Call to Order • Welcome & Chair Remarks • Approval of meeting minutes from October 5, 2021 Board Meeting • OCM Employment Items • Consideration of Medical Cannabis Program Regulations • Executive Director Report • Chief Equity Officer Remarks • Adjourn
Is this now finalized? I can go ask my gp for a prescription for medical cannabis? (assuming I have a qualifying condition)
Regarding cannabis, CCB chairperson Wright's proclamations are the law in NYS - her stated positions introduced at the first CCB meeting on October 5, 2021 were effective immediately on pronouncement. It will be interesting to see what Wright decides to introduce today on the medical program.

Any individual who is licensed to prescribe 'controlled substances' can now prescribe cannabis within the framework of the NYS medical marijuana program (MMP). But ... the pre-existing requirement that the prescribing individual must complete the NYS two-hour course on medical cannabis is still in play.
A bigger win for workers would be having insurance that would cover it?
Absolutely, my insurance won't cover medical cannabis costs nor vaporizer costs either.

Last edited:

1nd3cEnt

A few weeks ago, I visited the recently-opened unlicensed Empire Cannabis Club (ECC) located in Chelsea, NYC. To gain entry, one only needs to show an ID that confirms your age of 21+. To purchase cannabis, however, you are required to become a member of ECC - subscription is either $50/month or $15/24hours. Apparently the first 1000 subscriptions receive a discount to the monthly membership so it is reduced to $25/month. Sales tax of 8.875% is added to all sales. I was told that ECC derives its profits from its membership fees, not from the sale of cannabis. ECC members can purchase cannabis at the ECC storefront, or can purchase through the associated website - https://doortodoor420.com/ - a cannabis delivery service. The cannabinoid contents of the cannabis are not included on the doortodoor420 website. Currently ECC does not offer any cannabis COAs, but promised they will be provided in the future. The ECC storefronts are not for cannabis consumption, they exist exclusively for sales.

In appearance, the ECC Chelsea business occupies a typical smallish Manhattan storefront but with a interior setup similiar to licensed cannabis dispensories, except for the flourishing C. indica potted plant in the window. The ECC salepeople are professional in their manner & business. ECC reps claim that two more ECC storefronts will soon be opened in downtown & uptown Manhattan, with a proposed bar-like ECC cannabis consumption club to be opened in the village. ECC reps also claim that the local council & police department have been informed & are on board, in some measure at least, with the presence of ECC in their district.

Yet in the second CCB meeting yesterday October 21st, 2021, CCB chairperson Wright opened her remarks stating categorically that no licenses have been issued for adult-use cannabis sales in NYS & any institution doing so is an illegal operation - further, cannabis can only be offered to another individual currently in NYS as a free gift with no exchange on any level whatsoever. In other words, the so-called practice of 'gifting' of cannabis remains illegal in NYS.

The article below describes the same ECC Chelsea storefront along with a discussion of the legal issues involved in their cannabis business model:

Last edited:

VapeEscapist

Medicine Buddha
As many of you already know.... In NY grants and licensing are being controlled and distributed with the a primary focus on enriching the people and communities most impacted by the war on drugs. From everything I've been privy to, it looks like this is being done quite carefully.

I'm proud to say my home state is getting the legalization roll out right so far....

Onsite consumption will bring a lot of money and social equity means more of the money in local hands and less in the hands of sterile/leeching corporate cannabis.

Excelsior!

1nd3cEnt

Wed 27th, October, 2021 - the first day of full-flower medical cannabis sales in New York:
col.care_flower.jpg

The New York State Cannabis Control Board will hold a public meeting of the Board at 1:00 p.m. on Wednesday, November 3, 2021 virtually. The public is able to observe this meeting from a mobile device or computer on our live webcast: https://players.brightcove.net/2886492229001/default_default/index.html?videoId=6193797864001. Videos and transcripts of the meeting will be posted on our website following the meeting.

Agenda • Call to Order • Introductions and Opening Remarks • Approval of Meeting Minutes from October 21, 2021 Board Meeting • Discussion of Cannabinoid Hemp Regulations • OCM Employment Items • Executive Director Report • Next Cannabis Control Board Meeting • Adjournment

Razhumikin

It looks cool but for $100 quarters i think ill pass, i can get a half of very nice quality delivered to my door in under 2 hours for 125. Until we get to the point where rec can compete with street prices i think ill continue to do most of my shopping up in maine.

1nd3cEnt

So the 3rd CCB meeting on Wed Nov. 3, 2021 has now concluded. In this 3rd meeting, the CCB mainly dealt with revisiting & updating regulations on 'Cannabinoid Hemp,' no longer called 'CBD Hemp.' It seems that the current CCB attitude to hemp is to deregulate the hemp industry as much as possible, but retaining cannabinoid testing & best practices towards growing hemp.

Also the OCM has posted the newly proposed home grow regulations, & newly proposed hemp regulations, & a contact email for the 60 day comment period on medical home grow regulations on the following OCM webpage:
email for public comments: regulations@ocm.ny.gov

For medical patients, this is an important issue - these are some of my concerns:
Why are so many restrictions placed on the amount of medical cannabis that can be possessed?
Why are the number of plants by the CCB restricted to only 6 plants per person with a maximum of 12 plants per household?
What are the proposed penalties for having say 7 or 13 cannabis plants, how will the OCM enforce these restrictions on home grow?
Will the police be authorized now to invade our living spaces so they can make certain that we only possess a maximum of 6 or 12 plants & not one more?
Will being a medical cannabis patient just be an open invitation for police no-knock house invasions or other potential judicial harassment for having too many cannabis plants?
In the situation that makes cannabis home grow difficult or impossible, will a medical patient be able to designate a grower to grow the patient's cannabis plant allotment of 6 plants?
Allowing landlords veto power over cannabis home grow will simply result in landlords banning home grow altogether.

By & large the NY CCB in 2021 is re-criminalizing cannabis with these essentially unenforceable rules. These more or less arbitrary restrictions on cannabis are just reefer madness redux. In comparison, alcohol is almost completely unrestricted to adults, except for using heavy machinary, etc, yet alcohol can become an addiction to many & can immobilise & even kill if consumed in excess. Cannabis is never lethal, there is no level of toxicity, & it is not addictive. Yet cannabis is still restricted in the most absurd overreach with no supporting evidence to back up these restrictions.

Last edited:

1nd3cEnt

The 3rd CCB meeting held on Wed Nov. 3, 2021.

1nd3cEnt,

1nd3cEnt

vinnyzan

I haven't tryed out these trucks, I did stop by the other place mentioned above 'Empire Cannabis Club'. They have so much flower to choose from at lots of different price points. Can we make a thread about this place specifically? I would love some reviews.

I got an 1/8th of aloha something or other for $32 and a gram of shadder for $50 and the $15 day pass. Must be some high tax because it came out to $113 total.
I wasn't really impressed with the flower I chose, It smelled really dank but didn't have much flavor to it. They have some $80 1/8ths that I want to try so bad. They also have some ounces for below $200. If any one is shopping here I would love to know what you got and how you liked it. We can definitely help each other save some $. I would start a thread but I'm not sure if it's allowed. I noticed there aren't any threads dedicated to a specific dispensary so I'm assuming it may be against the rules or others would be doing this already ? I wish I could sample a few strains, a .05 in an e nano stem is all I need to know if I want more of that strain.

Last edited:

JOHN GALT

New Yorkers can shop at tribal dispensaries while NY retail cannabis still in works​

The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe adopted its adult use cannabis ordinance back in June and started accepting retail applications in September.

They along with the Seneca and Cayuga Nations have shops open on their territories.

OCM spokesperson Freeman Kloplott said that tribal dispensaries are “legal if they are on federally recognized, sovereign tribal land.”

Klopott sent CBS6’s a statement on the state’s progress to launch retail cannabis, saying, “The Office of Cannabis Management was established Oct. 5, 2021 at the first meeting of the Cannabis Control Board, which followed swift action by Governor Hochul and the Legislature to appoint the Board, however the expectation was appointments would be made by the previous administration right after the MRTA was enacted in March. The original estimate, which was aggressive, was that it would take 18 months for regulations to be finalized and sales to begin. Now that the Board is constituted and the OCM established, we can really begin to look at the timeline and see if there is an opportunity to expedite the process, including the potential to issue some licenses on a rolling basis.”

1nd3cEnt

Final CCB meeting of 2021 - December 16, 2021, 1:00 PM (Virtual Meeting)
Discussion will focus on hemp regulations in NYS.

1nd3cEnt,

1nd3cEnt

vinnyzan

Do you need to be vaccinated to use the consumption site ? Not trying to be snarky or anything I'm generally curious if they check your card. Being able to go shoot up with out showing proof of vaccination but not being able to eat inside with out showing it would be hysterical in my opinion.

vinnyzan,
Reactions: BrianTL

Summer

Long Island, NY
^^ I see nothing "hysterical" about it, only hypocritical.

As far as the og article: "'Five people who could well have overdosed someplace else with, no medical support, and we well know we could have lost one, two or all five of those people," he said.'

They will wind up dead at some other place in the future.

vinnyzan

^^ I see nothing "hysterical" about it, only hypocritical.

As far as the og article: "'Five people who could well have overdosed someplace else with, no medical support, and we well know we could have lost one, two or all five of those people," he said.'

They will wind up dead at some other place in the future.
Seeing indoor dining outside become a thing and no one batting an eyelash at it was about when I lost the energy to do anything other then laugh. Some times I feel like I'm stuck in the twilight zone living in this city.

Summer

Long Island, NY
Well, I'm furious & will never accept any of this progressive crap destroying this great country. I guess you can either choose to laugh or cry. I'm inclined to the latter.

Top Bottom