New York Cannabis News

vinnyzan

Seems to me that you, @vinnyzan and @Summer, are pretty far off-topic, not to mention off the wall and close-minded.

You couldn't just keep it to New York Cannabis News?
Off topic happens a little in all threads, feel free to utilize the report post feature if you must. I don't believe calling me close minded and off the wall is a productive post to keeping this thread on topic. Also doesn't seem like a very nice thing to say.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Seems to me that you, @vinnyzan and @Summer, are pretty far off-topic, not to mention off the wall and close-minded.

You couldn't just keep it to New York Cannabis News?

Neither @vinnyzan or @Summer posted the off-topic link in the first place or said anything negative about fellow FC members... but they're the ones that called out.

But I suppose that doesn't matter here.

Call me close minded if you want but these "safe injection sites" are a joke and waste of taxpayer dollars. Factor in the hypocrisy aspect and it's even worse...

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Neither @vinnyzan or @Summer posted the off-topic link in the first place or said anything negative about fellow FC members... but they're the ones that called out.

But I suppose that doesn't matter here.

Call me close minded if you want but these "safe injection sites" are a joke and waste of taxpayer dollars. Factor in the hypocrisy aspect and it's even worse...
I won't call you anything but mistaken.

My "call out" was not in relation to the injection site post nor the subsequent discussion of same.
I checked "like" on that post, the one that contained the news stories.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Perhaps I am mistaken then. Wouldn't be the first time and I'm sure wouldn't be the last. The way I read it (even reading it again now) seems to be a call out of the subsequent discussion

DillGaff

As New York prepares the launch of its adult-use marijuana market, the state Office of Cannabis Management (OCM) announced on Monday a significant expansion of the existing medical cannabis program.

Now doctors will be able to issue medical marijuana recommendations to people for any condition that they feel could be treated by cannabis, rather than rely on a list of specific eligible maladies. Physicians were granted that discretion through the state’s recreational marijuana law that was enacted last year.

The expansion is being made possible as part of OCM’s new Medical Cannabis Program certification and registration system.

“It is terrific to see the Medical Cannabis Program expand so vastly with the launch of the new certification and registration program and the ability of practitioners to determine qualifying conditions as included in the MRTA,” Cannabis Control Board (CCB) Chair Tremaine Wright said in a press release.

Berzzerkker

Even legal to the point that the first brick-and-mortar “sticker store” storefront, Good Vibes Exotics, has now opened on West State/Martin Luther King Jr. Street, located across from the Mobil gas station adjacent to the intersection of State and Meadow streets. Owner Iman McKay and manager Michael Lynch opened the store in late December without much fanfare except for a word-of-mouth marketing campaign.

The store operates in a bit of a gray area newly opened by cannabis’ increasingly accepted status: it’s not legal, yet, to sell weed — but it is legal to give it away as a gift, or at least not explicitly illegal. So patrons simply browse the fairly wide selection of edibles, cannabis flower, specially pre-rolled joints, etc., then proceed to the cash register, where they pay an equivalent amount for some whimsical stickers and are given the cannabis of their choice for free, as a complimentary gift.

Berzzerkker,

vapviking

Old & In the Way

vinnyzan

Who do these people get these ideas from ? It's been a year since they legalized and they are still talking about the same stuff. I love when government "fix" their own fuck ups and spin it like they are doing something noble. I hope any one who's been incarcerated says screw your permit and BS THC percentage tax rate.

vinnyzan,

checkyourlibido

Who do these people get these ideas from ? It's been a year since they legalized and they are still talking about the same stuff. I love when government "fix" their own fuck ups and spin it like they are doing something noble. I hope any one who's been incarcerated says screw your permit and BS THC percentage tax rate.

Off the top of my head, it looks like they are rewarding the people who were too dumb to not get caught. But I admit, I don't know anything about this, but I can' find a true answer to what's the purpose of this?

I mean, if I'm a convict I'm happy, I'd try to go into business with one of the bigger players for an easy payday.

checkyourlibido,

vinnyzan

Off the top of my head, it looks like they are rewarding the people who were too dumb to not get caught. But I admit, I don't know anything about this, but I can' find a true answer to what's the purpose of this?

I mean, if I'm a convict I'm happy, I'd try to go into business with one of the bigger players for an easy payday.
As far as the purpose goes, in my opinion a big part of it is optics. It's a bad look for the state to start raking in tax revenue and for big corporations to make millions off of something they were putting people in jail for.

Being one of the first to launch with a permit doesn't guarantee these 'justice involved individuals' success against the big companies who already have setup in NY from medical market. It doesn't guarantee any advantage. This same over reach that decides who gets the permits first will over regulate and squeeze these small guys out. Based solely on reading this article sounds like you just need to hire a token convict and your good to go.

Last edited:

BigJr48

First dibs is for those who where on the Island, C76

Last edited:
BigJr48,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
At the base of the legalization in NYS is an acknowledgement that the War on Drugs and ensuing policies (including stop and frisk in NY) were inherently wrong and adversely affected (convicted and jailed) a lot of people - especially those incarcerated - not because they "were too dumb" but because their rights were violated in the first place.
NY State is going a lot farther than most have in regards to at least giving some support to the bottom-up growth and participation in the market. For example, there will be a lot of "delivery only" businesses allowed, eliminating big overhead for startups. Also, the state will be providing some funding for storefront locations.

In the interest of presenting, ahem, "fair and balanced" cannabis news (ha!), here is another publication's report on the same issue as the NY Post link above;

Last edited:

vinnyzan

At the base of the legalization in NYS is an acknowledgement that the War on Drugs and ensuing policies (including stop and frisk in NY) were inherently wrong and adversely affected (convicted and jailed) a lot of people - especially those incarcerated - not because they "were too dumb" but because their rights were violated in the first place.
NY State is going a lot farther than most have in regards to at least giving some support to the bottom-up growth and participation in the market. For example, there will be a lot of "delivery only" businesses allowed, eliminating big overhead for startups. Also, the state will be providing some funding for storefront locations.

In the interest of presenting, ahem, "fair and balanced" cannabis news (ha!), here is another publication's report on the same issue as the NY Post link above;
I feel like they are saying they need to control every aspect of this to ensure the 'right' outcome. Essentially the initial problem was government overreach, and their solution is more over reach... seems like a paradox to me.

Government made rules and now giving special privileges to the people who didn't follow them and penalizing people who did. I'm sure it started as a good intentioned idea and it sounds good on paper but it becomes convoluted.

vinnyzan,

checkyourlibido

I'm not going out to Empire today, can't. But I hope someone is able to swing over there and see if they have any sales today.

checkyourlibido,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

Top Bottom