• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

ModPod Labs StemPod Si

psyborg

This seems like my way into 510 herb attachments! Im excited for the drop Im a fan of all glass vapor paths

I am wondering how hot the silicone can get near the coils/ air path
"high-consistency silicone rubber generated < 3 µg CH2O/g-hr at 200o C, 14 µg CH2O/g-hr at 204o C, and 1200 µg CH2O/g-hr at 254o C." - David C. Timpe Jr. Formaldehyde Generation from Silicone Rubber

A side by side photo comparison of the units would be cool as well

psyborg,
Reactions: KeroZen

psyborg

I love seeing how it does through glass as thats how I primarily vape, wish I could have seen the avb after that rip though, hot spots seem to be a common issue with 510 vapes.

psyborg,

antispleen

Company Rep
Company Rep
After some deliberation I've decided I've got enough on my plate currently, I will be passing on the stempod si beta testing. Sorry fam.

antispleen,

supershredderdan

Manufacturer
@PaperClouds has shipped the beta off to @A7XFREAK674

PaperClouds, please feel free to share your thoughts on the device and your time with it

@AJS will be taking @antispleen place in the beta tour, also I havent mentioned our 4th tester, I do not think he has a FC account yet but he is an avid ecig vaper and will provide a fresh perspective, K_town_vaper will go after AJS.

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
You know, @supershredderdan , as much as I support StemPod , all your hard work and cool products (even if don't select existing FC members as part of your beta team ) I, for one would appreciate it if you and your beta testers could make an effort to upload pics & videos on a platform that is supported here on FC, like most others do on the forum.

Had I been selected, people reading FC would not need to clic and be redirected to another site to see pics or videos... :2c:

I mean , FC must be a good platform, it be cool if modpod could try to incorporate itself abit more to FC then just use it as a marketing tool . :myday:

A7XFREAK674

@a7xVapes
You know, @supershredderdan , as much as I support StemPod , all your hard work and cool products (even if don't select existing FC members as part of your beta team ) I, for one would appreciate it if you and your beta testers could make an effort to upload pics & videos on a platform that is supported here on FC, like most others do on the forum.

Had I been selected, people reading FC would not need to clic and be redirected to another site to see pics or videos... :2c:

I mean , FC must be a good platform, it be cool if modpod could try to incorporate itself abit more to FC then just use it as a marketing tool . :myday:
I'm open to any help! I'm only trying to contribute here so sorry about the link. What is the preferred service?

A7XFREAK674,
Reactions: P.A.M.

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
@A7XFREAK674 , hey man, thanks for reaching out! I don't know what would work best, and I know you did post photos recently but they just appear blurry , I don't know if just on my end ? And if opening them to look at them from host site , they are clearer but I'm having issues zooming Which that I know is me , LOL , but still sucks know what I'm saying . .. FC lost imgur as image host, all threads have lost since , I've been using imgbb. , not sure which other works good @Summer knows another . All good though , keep doing what you do .it reaches others and prob more too so rock on to that! Thanks!

@Summer , I hear you, I just prefer staying away from other social media'ish platform such as IG and Reddit . Again my own opinion/preference, I know, I just feel being able to view a clear photos or a click and play video directly on the forum such as when people share a YouTube video; it entices me to watchand adds to the FC experience where navigating away does not. i know not everyone is comfortable or that it becomes inconvenient uploading everywhere , just when or if possible to add effort it be great. I know @AJS as recently been added onboard whom usually as click and play stuff ! :tup:

@supershreddan , been curious since seems many play with their coils or coil club, etc, Would you say these pods are more for the diy type users being that frequent coil replacement is necessary ? If using dry herb only , do stock coils last quite a awhile ? no beef here, always liked your stuff since The early dayz back in the day when I was on IG, lol... your 1 year anny should be approaching soon if not past already :clap: :tup: Rock on, Vape on !

Last edited:
P.A.M.,

supershredderdan

Manufacturer
@supershreddan , been curious since seems many play with their coils or coil club, etc, Would you say these pods are more for the diy type users being that frequent coil replacement is necessary ? If using dry herb only , do stock coils last quite a awhile ? no beef here, always liked your stuff since The early dayz back in the day when I was on IG, lol... your 1 year anny should be approaching soon if not past already :clap: :tup: Rock on, Vape on !

Well, anything rebuildable is gonna need some tinkering and maintenance, but the Si has less parts, and is easier to disassemble without tools. I think this and the lower price will help it stand out to the value seekers. the 60-100 price range is quite limited for electric options, and in exchange for a small learning curve, you get nearly no compromise.

Coil durability is about in line with traditional RDA use if not a bit longer, 4-8 weeks of daily use has been my experience, though this greatly varies with your settings and frequency.

Im thinking of maybe installing kanthal coils as default for max durability and simplicity with the Si, not sure yet. Would love feedback on this

PM me about beta tour stuff, got pre production units coming soon-ish, don't mean to seem like we looked over anyone, I chose the beta testers based on their usage cases and general customer types. As for videos and stuff, heres an old livestream I got not long after we got this prototype standing:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/b5jZV72eWuxegpiH9

jbm

Given that the kanthan coils preclude the use of temperature control on box mods, are there other advantages to them? I ask because I’m interested in an on-demand vape mainly for home use, and I bought an Espion 200w today as a possible driver for an SI. How much control will I have over the temp I’m vaping at if I’m limited to wattage mode? Apologies if I’m misunderstanding what’s going on here.

jbm,

AJS

Calm Consistency
Hellooooooo everyboddyyy!!!

I have with me a very beautiful StemPod Si.
Yes, I know, I'm incredibly fortunate to be able to test this unit and I'm very appreciative of the opportunity.

Very quick (haha) first impressions...
Worked instantly out of the box. Simply screwed on my mod (nothing special mod), went to 28 watts, and inhaled. Got amazing flavor but I could tell it wasn't hot enough. Went to 32 watts and got an awesome cloud with great flavor. It's as easy as can be. Doesn't really matter how you pull or how you pack, this thing will work right out of the box. Of course there is a best method to everything if you want the best results, but for the average person there really isn't much to fiddle around with if you're just wanting easy, fast, good results.

Anyone who wanted an OG StemPod but didn't want to spend that much, the Si is perfect. So far I've noticed no obvious change in performance. My ABV hasn't been perfectly uniform, but I have been very lazy with my packs and my technique, I'm just stuffing ground flower in there and ripping away. When I stirred between hits while using it through the bubbler, the abv is basically perfect.

Which brings me to the next point, works awesome through water just as we'd expect from this sort of vape. Huge clouds with great flavor right from the start. I was never close to combustion and as long as you aren't crazy with it like @supershredderdan it is extremely easy to avoid combustion. But for the risk takers, that line is always there for you to ride. It mates to water super easily as the sleeve should easily adjust to fit basically any 18mm male. I haven't tested this, but I imagine the final units will be built to take most 18mms just as the OG StemPod does.

All in all, really enjoying it!

Thanks again for the opportunity, Dan!

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bu4VsLfAD-7/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

nickb

SSV w/ Standard HC, LSV HC, thermovape all,
I like to drop a little piece of shatter or diamonds on top of the herb melt it on and crank it up and the flavor is amazing and the hits are supreme, for the first time in many many years I have not used my desktops in months, I have tried a few different SS coil setups and I really need to crank my watts up to at least 80 at .19 ohms with my current build, with the shatter I goto 100 for huge tasty clouds, I am such a fanboy(wish i was a fanboy more like fan oldguy) of this vape (THE OG Stempod), it really covers all of the bases, so I will be ordering the SI for sure, 1 question dose the SI need the silicon ring to hold the stem, because a shorter Slightly fatter ground glass stem would fit snug with out it, or a sleve that fits over the glass mouthpiece works very well, Currently on my OG pod I am using a silicon sleve (I cut the tip off of the Grasshopped Mouthpice cover and it fits perfectly ). anyway IMO best vape to come on the market in many years I frkin love this thing.. You have taking P:ortable vaping to a new level. Also the OG pod witout the black cover also looks super cool on the box mod, i am currently using a Smok X-Priv and enjoying it..

Last edited:

AJS

Calm Consistency
Hey Everyone!!

Got a video together for you guys on the StemPod Si. Just a nice full session video through a bubbler. Good flavors, good clouds....it was a grand ol' time.

Guys I'm really loving this thing, it's just been so easy to get big rips from it and it produces vapor so insanely quick from cold. That was one of the things I always enjoyed most about the StemPod, how quickly I could get a full rip, no priming, no heating, just press rip and release.

stinkbud

Also waiting on info...

Just ordered an eLeaf Invoke and a couple LG HG2 batteries to pair with it. Hopefully I won't have to wait too long for everything to arrive. I have a coil kit from my RDA days I've been wanting to bust out.

stinkbud,

supershredderdan

Manufacturer
I don't mine installing my own coils as long as some pre made coils are included.
That's the thing, we are short on coils but good to go otherwise if you're ok with non standard coils installed, or if you plan on changing included coils anyway

supershredderdan,

princessForestkatt

That's the thing, we are short on coils but good to go otherwise if you're ok with non standard coils installed, or if you plan on changing included coils anyway
Personally, I wouldn’t care what kind of coils are included as long as I can put a complete build together out of the box

princessForestkatt,
Top Bottom