MiniVAP Vaporizer

happynomoretobacco

The information at a retailer says:

MiniVAP Single - Cons​

– requires quite intense inhalations.

Is this true and if how intense? Comparable?

happynomoretobacco,
Reactions: MinnBobber

Djsleepy

indeed looks like an error that benefited me, I now checked it from my work's PC and the price of the Teflon portable with 4-7 temp settings is 390 euros. However a week ago I paid and charged 322 euros. Who the f@ck knows, I checked the Paypal transaction and it verifies the receipt below. Fedex shows delivery today - can't wait. Also a cool guy from Spain call me last Wednesday, a day after my purchase, to advise that the portable MV already includes a base (I didn't know at the time of ordering) and if I still wanted the additional or want it to be replaced with something else like the MV adapter that costs the same and I agreed.

2022-01-24-09h52-33.png
Glad you benefited from their error, maybe it will happpen when I’m ready to buy 😂

Djsleepy

indeed looks like an error that benefited me, I now checked it from my work's PC and the price of the Teflon portable with 4-7 temp settings is 390 euros. However a week ago I paid and charged 322 euros. Who the f@ck knows, I checked the Paypal transaction and it verifies the receipt below. Fedex shows delivery today - can't wait. Also a cool guy from Spain call me last Wednesday, a day after my purchase, to advise that the portable MV already includes a base (I didn't know at the time of ordering) and if I still wanted the additional or want it to be replaced with something else like the MV adapter that costs the same and I agreed.

2022-01-24-09h52-33.png
Oh yea....enjoy and let us know first thoughts!

Not an error, there is a VAT on the minivap website thats removed if you live outside the EU, but the website doesn't show that until you go to check out.
Not sure what vat is but this an actual $76 price difference , and once someone sent an email they changed it immediately. Price was same in checkout .

Djsleepy,
Reactions: Bad Dog

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
The information at a retailer says:

MiniVAP Single - Cons​

– requires quite intense inhalations.

Is this true and if how intense? Comparable?
I mentioned it just a few pages back, but I wholeheartedly AGREE!

While I am sure there are people out there that are exceptions, I do not recommend MV for "sippers."
MV loves airflow, and the heater does not fully engage without long and deep draws [with a good mouth seal].

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Oh yea....enjoy and let us know first thoughts!

Not sure what vat is but this an actual $76 price difference , and once someone sent an email they changed it immediately. Price was same in checkout .
VAT = Value Added Tax . In my country is 20% ,in Spain (I think those guys are based there,but correct me if i am wrong) it is 21%
322.31 euro * 121% = 390 euro.
In the US you dont have VAT,but you do have smth called US sales tax,so you can expect to be hit with that ontop of that 322.31.
322.31 eur = 365,22 USD according to good 390 eur = 441,99 USD
441,99 - 365,22 = 76.77
I am accountant by trade,but i am not very educated on US tax system.

Last edited:

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
still doesn't explain why dj saw one price yesterday and a different today:shrug:

Bad Dog,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
still doesn't explain why dj saw one price yesterday and a different today:shrug:
Maybe if you have completed shipping info and address is in the US it deducts it,next time he just checked the site and by default the website,concluded he is EU based :).
From experience there is rarely such coincidence in numbers/math,so explanation is always at hand in such cases.

condition

VAT = Value Added Tax . In my country is 20% ,in Spain (I think those guys are based there,but correct me if i am wrong) it is 21%
322.31 euro * 121% = 390 euro.
In the US you dont have VAT,but you do have smth called US sales tax,so you can expect to be hit with that ontop of that 322.31.
322.31 eur = 365,22 USD according to good 390 eur = 441,99 USD
441,99 - 365,22 = 76.77
I am accountant by trade,but i am not very educated on US tax system.
I am not US based and therefore VAT hasn't been deducted. I live in Athens Greece and VAT here is unfortunately 24%.

Djsleepy

Ok thanks explaining VAT (it was what I thought) the really weird thing is after @Bad Dog sent an email re: difference in with price , you know longer can get the cheaper price. Who knows how many people got a deal? But definitely weird.

Last edited:

Bad Dog

Ok thanks explaining VAT (it was what I thought) the really weird thing is after @Bad Dog sent an email re: difference in with price , you know longer can get the cheaper price. Who knows how many people got a deal? But definitely weird.
I would not be too sure it was specifically my email since it was late afternoon or early evening when I sent it and whatever the time difference is but they were likely closed and wouldn't have seen it at the earliest the next morning. since they have not emailed me back yet its possible they still have not seen it, though I did tell them that the confusion was on fc and I think they have a account here. plus I don't want to get the blame for people not getting the deal anymore :lol: .....if it really happened at all:whoa:

EDIT: for the sake of experimenting I wanted to see if I added one to my cart if the price would stay the same? add vat cause im in Canada? or what ever???? but I can't access my cart, I click on it and a window appears for like a second then disappears so I can't click the few cart button in the window because it disappears to quick. website seems a little glitchy to me, right now anyway.

Last edited:

Djsleepy

I would not be too sure it was specifically my email since it was late afternoon or early evening when I sent it and whatever the time difference is but they were likely closed and wouldn't have seen it at the earliest the next morning. since they have not emailed me back yet its possible they still have not seen it, though I did tell them that the confusion was on fc and I think they have a account here. plus I don't want to get the blame for people not getting the deal anymore :lol: .....if it really happened at all:whoa:

EDIT: for the sake of experimenting I wanted to see if I added one to my cart if the price would stay the same? add vat cause im in Canada? or what ever???? but I can't access my cart, I click on it and a window appears for like a second then disappears so I can't click the few cart button in the window because it disappears to quick. website seems a little glitchy to me, right now anyway.
Sorry just meant was a coincidence! Regardless of whose email or whose purchase triggered its fixed now!

Djsleepy,
  • Haha
Reactions: Bad Dog

happynomoretobacco

There are two stock mouthpieces, one is made of plastic and the other is made of silicone. I dont really like either, although the flexicone plus (silicone straw) isnt so bad, it just has high draw restriction. The plastic mouthpiece is unusable imo.
Whats the problem with stock MP? Does it get to hot or the vapor?
Is there nothing then a jhook or water which makes it good?

happynomoretobacco,

Razhumikin

Whats the problem with stock MP? Does it get to hot or the vapor?
Is there nothing then a jhook or water which makes it good?
The stock MP just has much too restricted airflow for my taste, its difficult to get a big hit with it. The WPA really opens up the airflow, regardless of if you use it through a jhook or water.

hayming

Do you guys prefer a coarse or medium/fine grind? I've mainly used a medium grind but have heard that coarse grinds work exceptionally well with convection devices. Also, any good recommendations for a wpa / jhook combo in the US? Thanks.

hayming,
Reactions: jasp3r

jasp3r

Do you guys prefer a coarse or medium/fine grind? I've mainly used a medium grind but have heard that coarse grinds work exceptionally well with convection devices. Also, any good recommendations for a wpa / jhook combo in the US? Thanks.
My current go to WPA is sticking a dynavap / vong on one end of the mouthpiece without the secondary mouthpiece snap in. So just the elbow piece of plastic attached to the flexicone with a dynavap on the other end mated for water.

Not perfect. But we all need a live class on how to put flexicone into the glass wpa!

Bad Dog

I heard back from MiniVAP and they said they are having problems with their site. the word straight from MiniVAP on the price of a 7 temp, teflon core, black or silver unit is $439.99 USD including 21%vat. they still might be having problems though as that is the price I see but @Djsleepy sees a few dollar difference on his computer so beats me?????

Top Bottom