MiniVAP Vaporizer

monochord71

I think I didn't use my minivap quite correctly and because of this I formed a false opinion about this great device. Since I had a glass core to get big blows, I should have reached the temperature after it reached, in my case it is the maximum -red, still hold it for up to 8-10 minutes in a heated state ?? Damn, I regretted selling it to my friend... but I can buy minivap again for my collection
If you mean "does it work better after a ten-minute heat soak" I would say yes, it does.
But the main difference is thermal recovery speed.
I don't need to pre-heat it to get a big cloud on the first inhale if I take a long slow hit.
However, using the bigger basket I definitely DO need to pre-heat it to get a big cloud on the second (and subsequent) inhales without waiting (and cooking my weed as I wait).
This isn't as much of an issue with the teflon core since you can wait as long as you want between hits without cooking everything needlessly.

Finessseee

is the Glass core technically healthier than the Teflon core? Can this be debunked one way or another? People claim inhaling Teflon could be potentially harmful, so does that mean the glass core is a safer bet? (Genuine question)

monochord71

is the Glass core technically healthier than the Teflon core? Can this be debunked one way or another? People claim inhaling Teflon could be potentially harmful, so does that mean the glass core is a safer bet? (Genuine question)
No one is "inhaling teflon" - people have been cooking with teflon coated stuff for a long time, and the health concerns revolve around perfluorooctanoic acid, which was indeed harmful but has not been used in the manufacture of teflon since 2015. Teflon has been certified safe to heat up til temperatures of 570F, above this temperature teflon will release polymer fumes.

I saw someone mention teflon (specifically perfluoroalkyl) being toxic to birds...ok, so what?
Their respiratory systems are very fragile and are not like ours. Birds don't vape weed, either.
Chocolate is toxic to dogs, too...but we eat it just fine.

BTW the glass core miniVAP contains teflon as well.
So does the HerbalAire and people have been using 'em for almost 20 years now.

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
2-reply 2-your-?
Fuck’n Da original core is more modern 4-my use.
If U 💖flavor get, buy a MINIVAP if U found out that CANNABIS has terpenoid’s that aren’t bad?
Taste of CANNABIS vapor is pretty modern actually!

not 2-B a heckler but MINIVAP help’s or being’s out taste if that is important 2-A PALATE OF BLISSFUL NIRVANA?

Last edited:

condition

If you mean "does it work better after a ten-minute heat soak" I would say yes, it does.
But the main difference is thermal recovery speed.
I don't need to pre-heat it to get a big cloud on the first inhale if I take a long slow hit.
However, using the bigger basket I definitely DO need to pre-heat it to get a big cloud on the second (and subsequent) inhales without waiting (and cooking my weed as I wait).
This isn't as much of an issue with the teflon core since you can wait as long as you want between hits without cooking everything needlessly.
So the teflon version is ready to fire sooner? Like a couple of minutes?

Also I got mine and still learning. The rimmed screen is only for flexicones? And capsules can be used only with flexicones?

monochord71

So the teflon version is ready to fire sooner? Like a couple of minutes?

Also I got mine and still learning. The rimmed screen is only for flexicones? And capsules can be used only with flexicones?
They're both "ready" after a couple of minutes but they also both benefit from a heat-soak, and the glass core needs a longer heat-soak to be at maximum efficiency than the teflon core.

You need either the flexicone or the flexicone+, yes. The rimmed screen is necessary to keep your weed from blocking the airpath and/or ending up in your mouth or in your bong. You don't need to use the baskets if you don't want to, but it will keep your loading chamber a lot cleaner if you use them. You can just stick them in that white teflon ring, the flexicone will press them in place when the lid is attached, so you don't have to insert the baskets in the flexicones if you don't want to, but it'll reduce the amount oif avb you spill unloading it when it's hot. It took me a while to get used to hot-swapping in the mini before I stopped spilling avb everywhere lol.
If you haven't looked through this section of the minVAP site, there's a bunch of helpful tips in there:

condition

monochord71 thanks. After reading the manual, the plain screens are to be used only without capsules? (as I already bought caps to keep loading champer as clean as possible so I may discard these)

And how to switch 4/7 temp modes? :rockon:

jasp3r

monochord71 thanks. After reading the manual, the plain screens are to be used only without capsules? (as I already bought caps to keep loading champer as clean as possible so I may discard these)

And how to switch 4/7 temp modes? :rockon:
When unit is plugged in or on battery but of press the minus button to toggle between 4 or 7 temp mode. Then hold buttons down to power it up in the selected mode

monochord71

I'll put a fully heat-soaked glass core miniVAP up against any of the heaviest heavy hitters out there.
And I would have never known this from watching the youtube reviews and other videos of it.
Absolutely ridiculous vapor density from roughly half the material you'd put in a S&B dosing capsule.
It baffles me why after so many years in production there's little in the way of an accurate representation online of what it is truly capable of.

Last edited:

Finessseee

I'll put a fully heat-soaked glass core miniVAP up against any of the heaviest heavy hitters out there.
And I would have never known this from watching the youtube reviews and other videos of it.
Absolutely ridiculous vapor density from roughly half the material you'd put in a S&B dosing capsule.
It baffles me why after so many years in production there's little in the way of accurate an representation online of what it is truly capable of.
Wake’n’bake level: DEBILITATING

How much better is the minivap over the vape exhale? The vape exhale has a new model releasing in a couple weeks, I read that it doesn’t work that well upside down though (inner bamboo can break when used upside down)

monochord71

The vape exhale has a new model releasing in a couple weeks,
Don't hold your breath.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

The miniVAP isn't fragile and the teflon core has better and longer lasting flavor than the EVO.
The glass core miniVAP is probably on par with the EVO for flavor, different but comparable.
The miniVAP just starts to taste like nothing when you've spent a basket, the EVO starts to taste like crap when you reach the end.
I'd say the teflon core minivap is on par with the EVO for vapor production, and the glass core beats it by a fair margin.
Either version of the miniVAP will produce comparable levels of vapor to the EVO while using only 2/3 of the material.
I still have not found a satisfying way to vape old school hashish (I'm talking the black gummy temple ball stuff, not dry sift) in the miniVAP, while the EVO handles it like a champ in the nails (my favorite hash vaping device).
The miniVAP's biggest weaknesses, in my opinion, is that I have to babysit it while it heat soaks so that it doesn't go into shut-off mode, and that they still haven't made a lid with a rigid 14mm/18mm WPA permanerntly affixed to it.
Imagine something a HerbalAire mouthpiece/WPA sprouting from a miniVAP lid.
That would be perfection.

pudgewack

It baffles me why after so many years in production there's little in the way of accurate an representation online of what it is truly capable of.
Thanks for all of the videos @monochord71!

What WPA are you using? It looks like the Delta 3D with a white piece sticking out. Curious if that is a Flexicone+ or something different.

and that they still haven't made a lid with a rigid 14mm/18mm WPA permanerntly affixed to it.

This is my biggest wish for the MV.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
How much better is the minivap over the vape exhale? The vape exhale has a new model releasing in a couple weeks, I read that it doesn’t work that well upside down though (inner bamboo can break when used upside down)
I use both upside down?
Since 2013 = am I doing it incorrectly?
High, stoned, out here, maximum distance from da star bipedal creature’s call the sun 🌞?
CANNABIS COLAS R decent in a basket capsule?
Hump daze R CIVILIZED 4 A few!

monochord71

I use both upside down?
Since 2013 = am I doing it incorrectly?
I think it's ok to stick it into your bong, take a hit, and pull it out again.
As opposed to leaving it in there upside down for the duration.
At least that's what the instructions that I got with my EVO said.
Might have something to do with heating up the electronics.
The top of the EVO at the glass joint gets really HOT after some use.
The exterior of the miniVAP stays at room temperature all over, no matter how long it has been on.

Ever since this happened my faith in vapexhale glass has been...uh...shattered

condition

I'm not sure I understand the question.

Don't "discard" anything.
Maybe this will help illustrate which screen goes where:
Thank you for the video. From what I understand that the extra screen is a replacement for the bottom of the loading champer.
I also bought the WPA to connect mainly my JHook like the pic below. So now I use again flexicones with capsules with the end of flexicone inside the WPA? Or is another way to vape it like without flexicone just the capule?

20220203-124119.jpg

I also noticed a mild to medium draw restriction when using the small flexicones and the default two pieces mouthpiece. When I switch to the long flex with one part of the MP the draw was less restricted. The large flexicone though gets fast dirty one the outside, collecting a lot of kief. Is there an alternative mouthpiece from a 3rd party vendor?

Final note, the small capsule ends up pretty fast so when I reload, although the temp of MV is high the newly loaded capsule still needs time inside the loading champer for the vapor to be unrestricted and dense. So I am planning to use a large with my JHook setup. Approximately what quantity is normally loaded in the large capsule? (like 0.3 gr or more)

My impression is very positive ATM with MV, reflecting some of the advantages mentioned here, like exceptional taste and battery and when the load is more or less vaped it doesn't taste like burned 🍿

monochord71

Or is another way to vape it like without flexicone just the capule?
I don't think there's any getting around using the flexicione (or flexicone+), even if you're direct-loading the chamber.
Approximately what quantity is normally loaded in the large capsule? (like 0.3 gr or more)
I see in the photo you've got the teflon version, don't pack those baskets tight, it contributes to the draw restriction.
I think 0.2 is about the most I've put in a large basket, 0.1 or a bit less in the small ones.
I only use the small baskets when I'm going for a max-temperature two-hit extraction with great big dragonfire exhales.
Definitely use a (slightly loosely packed) large basket if you want a longer flavor-sipping session.

condition

Hey thanks I got my answer. It works differently than other vaporizers. Especially temperature wise. I am going to order large baskets and some flexicones.

condition

So after trying, the flexicone is to big for the WPA. It simply doesn't fit and if I push it to fit, let's say with a wooden stick, fits everywhere in the WPA airway path and definitely restricts draw, a lot.

20220203-200810.jpg

Ps mod please don't merge it's one day later and different subject

monochord71

So after trying, the flexicone is to big for the WPA. It simply doesn't fit and if I push it to fit, let's say with a wooden stick, fits everywhere in the WPA airway path and definitely restricts draw, a lot.
LOL yeah that's exactly what'll happen if you do THAT. :clap:
Now press the flexicone firmly againsto the lid with your thumb and push the glass stem into the flexicone.

mp4466

LOL yeah that's exactly what'll happen if you do THAT. :clap:
Now press the flexicone firmly againsto the lid with your thumb and push the glass stem into the flexicone.
...wat? the hole in the lid is substantially bigger than the flexicone thing I just received. There is ZERO chance I'm going to ever fit the WPA around the flexicone.

53CA5C78-2E8D-4AD8-AD7B-2F253EB14153.jpg

mp4466,
Reactions: Vitolo
Top Bottom