Milaana II by RastaBuddahTao

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arbornaut

Wow, thanks for posting this! I had my cart ready with stems and inserts at larmart and an order for the 40 s&b caps. Good thing i didn’t pull the trigger

It could be less than a mm too deep and bottoms out before sitting snug. Fits fine in my TP80 with cap on, so it's strange. I actually like it better with a regular screen as a cap anyway tho - I can pack it nice and loose without any finer bits falling thru the capsule holes.

Arbornaut,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
so wild, I do all the time, as its been an around the house/ yarder since ive been running the dog- and the short stem fit into the battery compartment. no muss no fuss.

edit: Mi1/2, not 3 shorty
That's a cool hack toting the stem in the battery slot. Would a short XL8R fit just as well or have you not managed to win one of those yet?

I can't bring myself to throw stuff away so I must have twenty short straight stems from all the Splinters and Milaanas I've bought over the past few years.

GetLeft

I don't use my short stem anymore but until this past Fall I used it exclusively. I commonly stashed my Mi 2 in a front pocket and dropped the short stem (capped with an Arizer Air stem cap) esasily into a coin/key pocket. I'm not sure how comfortable the 3 will be in a front pocket. I have an earlier Mi (1.5) which I didn't carry around much. It didn't fit as nicely in my pocket as the my Mi 2 does. I prefer the thinner profile and the squared edges and hope to pick up another 2 if RBT happens to put them up again.

GetLeft,
Reactions: KeroZen

eideal852

That's a cool hack toting the stem in the battery slot. Would a short XL8R fit just as well or have you not managed to win one of those yet?

I can't bring myself to throw stuff away so I must have twenty short straight stems from all the Splinters and Milaanas I've bought over the past few years.
damn. Why does that always read with a sneer? Wiiiin.

but. Nope, them don’t. Short xl8r, at least the king cooling kit ones, don’t. Clear nor smoked. And not any of the clear or smoked regular shorts that come with V splinters or Mi3.
Annnnnnd...
No. Not the tapered new one. Just tried.

I have a short green that does tho

eideal852,
Reactions: bossman

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
damn. Why does that always read with a sneer? Wiiiin.

but. Nope, them don’t. Short xl8r, at least the king cooling kit ones, don’t. Clear nor smoked. And not any of the clear or smoked regular shorts that come with V splinters or Mi3.
Annnnnnd...
No. Not the tapered new one. Just tried.

I have a short green that does tho
Aw man, that's too bad. All sass and no sneer, sorry. My RBT vapes hardly ever make it past the porch anyway.

Guest399

Got my Milaana 2 today and burned the first load right away. Can anyone give me tips on how best to pull and press the button?
thx

Guest399,

Arbornaut

Got my Milaana 2 today and burned the first load right away. Can anyone give me tips on how best to pull and press the button?
thx

I've only had mine for a few months now, but I'll share my methods that work well for me.

My method is a 3-5 second pre-heat holding the button down before inhaling. I then do I quick medium strength inhale with the botton still pressed for a few seconds and then release the botton while still inhaling for another few seconds.

If I want to do a nice long inhale, I use the same method but I feather the botton on and off after that initial botton press.

You can really feel the vapor getting hot and thick, which is a good indication to either release or feather the botton. I only really time my pre-heating for 5 seconds from cold, and 3 seconds when already warm. When inhaling I'm more waiting to feel for the vapor getting hot, and not focusing as much on time. I really just ended up getting a feel for it.

Very important to keep in mind that this device is unregulated. The longer you hold the botton down the hotter the heater gets, which can end up well into combustion temperature territory very quickly.

With my technique I do tend to get a hot spot unless I turn the stem a quarter turn every hit or two. Doing that gives me a nice even roast, but if not it will have a very dark roasted center and green on the outside. If I want a more even roast without spinning the stem at all, I just do more feathering and less holding down of the botton after the initial pre-heat. I just prefer to have quick big rips with my MilaanaII vs. Slower sips.

One last thing, there are a lot of variables I'm missing... just keep practicing and you'll find what works best for you. I definitely combusted a couple times at first. It requires technique to nail down, but once you find your groove it is very smooth sailing.

Cheers! Hope you like it. It's definitely one of my absolute favorites for a quick rip whenever I need it.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
thx
Try not filling the basket screen all the way and not packing it down at all, just tamp it slightly.

That plus moderating your draw speed should be all you need. I have to get on and off the button if I want to stave off a hotspot with my Mi 3 but I don't need to with the Milaana 2.

Arbornaut

Try not filling the basket screen all the way and not packing it down at all, just tamp it slightly.

That plus moderating your draw speed should be all you need. I have to get on and off the button if I want to stave off a hotspot with my Mi 3 but I don't need to with the Milaana 2.

Just curious, as I definitely get hot spots with my M2.... it's from the last batches tho so maybe they have the same heater as the M3 in the most recent M2s. I can easily even it out tho with some technique, so not a big deal. I just consider it a very manual electronic vape, which is a nice niche for me.

stinkytofus

Milaana 2 is one of the easiest vapes in my lineup to use, even easier than milaana 1, preheat 3-5 seconds and you can do a 10 second rip or 5secs release 5 seconds or 5sec release 5 sec release 5 sec with water filtration, if u pack it tight make sure u stir, light pack works too, coarse grind is best, when contacts look dirty clean it + fully charged battery for maximum performance

Last edited:

GetLeft

With the Milaanas, stirring is no big deal and well worth it in the end. You can get everything well extracetd without stirring (darker in some spots than in others of course), but a quick stir after a couple of hits provides best extraction (and flavor) for the last couple of hits. The first hit after a stir can often be the best one of the session.

I also find that the standard rimless screens provide better performance with the Milaanas than the rimmed screens. But the stiff rimless screens, not the flimsy ones that can flip around in the stem.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Just curious, as I definitely get hot spots with my M2.... it's from the last batches tho so maybe they have the same heater as the M3 in the most recent M2s. I can easily even it out tho with some technique, so not a big deal. I just consider it a very manual electronic vape, which is a nice niche for me.

They actually all have the same heater, there are other differences in the 3 that make the heater perform differently... Previous Milaana meanwhile are all handmade so there could be variance between different units especially if they were built at different times. However yes they are all extremely manual so very user dependent regardless, mostly technique.

Shit Snacks,

Guest399

thank you. now it was better. I preheated for 5 seconds and then slowly pulled over a longer period of time and always pressed and released the button after preheating for 1-2 seconds. if you press the button continuously on the Milaana 2 it will burn or not?

Guest399,

Guest399

what is about the oven screen can it be taken apart or removed for cleaning with iso.
not that I want to do it now !! i am only interest in it.

and can the floor been opened ? I thought that was magnetic. but it doesn't seem to be.

I don't think mine was made recently. it was in stock at vapefiend.

Last edited:
Guest399,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom