Micro-dosing

XpeeN

Do you use a basket or without? Do you finish the bowl in 1 hit or more? If more, do you need to stir?

Just curious, as fellow glow 18 user.... Thanks!
I microdose in every way possible lol, stock mp, glass mp with basket and I even tried with dosing capsules for some reason lol. I usually don't stir, most of the time it's not necessary, especially when you microdose.

XpeeN,

Thunderbelch

I micro-dose 0.05-0.07g in the Mighty, the Dynavap and the V3 Pro. None of those need spacers or bowl reducers of any sort to work with small loads. When the Mighty ramps up the tolerance a bit over a weekend, I skip a day then go back to the Dynavap. There's just something about it that works magic for resetting tolerance.

howie105

I micro-dose 0.05-0.07g in the Mighty, the Dynavap and the V3 Pro. None of those need spacers or bowl reducers of any sort to work with small loads. When the Mighty ramps up the tolerance a bit over a weekend, I skip a day then go back to the Dynavap. There's just something about it that works magic for resetting tolerance.
Currently, I small dose between .04 g to .06 g per day (except party or visitor days) and I seldom see any change in tolerance, so I suspect it's a question of individual sensitivity.

Thunderbelch

Currently, I small dose between .04 g to .06 g per day (except party or visitor days) and I seldom see any change in tolerance, so I suspect it's a question of individual sensitivity.
Yeah my tolerance only really builds up on weekends when I hit a bunch of bowls a day, especially if it's full Mighty bowls (rare these days). During the week I just hit a microdose every evening and that keeps the tolerance in check nicely.

CANtalk

Been pretty quiet here, I assume a number of FCers are quietly microdosing still. Speak up and let us know how things are going.

Microdosing is all I do and I'm still 0.05 grams per session (sometimes 0.025 grams). I've only vaped on Fri night through the weekend for years now and more lately I've been trying fewer and fewer sessions in that time period. It's helped me better manage my productivity during the week. My cannabis tolerance is low low and the effects are crazy strong :science:. I recently greened out on four 0.05 gram bowls in one day (and don't do that much any longer).... and over the winter I was dabbing and for a while was greening near 50% of the time. I've been on a dab break since the winter as well. The plan forward is to start vaping 0.04 grams of cannabis per session when I have quality :leaf: (and I do have a number of quality batches). I know it's powerful enough to still fully enjoy and experience.

For anyone interested in cannabis microdosing, Dr. Sulak is absolutely excellent as mentioned often on FC.

What's up?

Have a great weekend.

:peace: :leaf:

Last edited:

howie105

Been pretty quiet here, I assume a number of FCers are quietly microdosing still. Speak up and let us know how things are going.

Microdosing is all I do and I'm still 0.05 grams per session (sometimes 0.025 grams). I've only vaped on Fri night through the weekend for years now and more lately I've been trying fewer and fewer sessions in that time period. It's helped me better manage my productivity during the week. My cannabis tolerance is low low and the effects are crazy strong :science:. I recently greened out on four 0.05 gram bowls in one day (and don't do that much any longer).... and over the winter I was dabbing and for a while was greening near 50% of the time. I've been on a dab break since the winter as well. The plan forward is to start vaping 0.04 grams of cannabis per session when I have quality :leaf: (and I do have a number of quality batches). I know it's powerful enough to still fully enjoy and experience.

For anyone interested in cannabis microdosing, Dr. Sulak is absolutely excellent as mentioned often on FC.

What's up?

Have a great weekend.

A littler meat for the stew, how many hits are folks getting from their small dose loads? In my case I can get two or three hits out of a .04 g to .06 g load.

CANtalk

A littler meat for the stew, how many hits are folks getting from their small dose loads? In my case I can get two or three hits out of a .04 g to .06 g load.
Sounds great, cheers! I temp step each 0.05 gram bowl with three draws at 320 F, then later two draws at a higher temp finish. However, the number of draws from a weighed dose will depend on the power of the vape used, draw time, vaporizer extraction efficiency, and more. Fwiw, I use a premium desktop vape (has one on the biggest heaters on the market). It's an excellent extractor and I've microdosed as little as 0.013 grams well (and w/ significant effects). My portable vape takes more time and draws, still all good though.

happynomoretobacco

Sounds great, cheers! I temp step each 0.05 gram bowl with three draws at 320 F, then later two draws at a higher temp finish. However, the number of draws from a weighed dose will depend on the power of the vape used, draw time, vaporizer extraction efficiency, and more. Fwiw, I use a premium desktop vape (has one on the biggest heaters on the market). It's an excellent extractor and I've microdosed as little as 0.013 grams well (and w/ significant effects). My portable vape takes more time and draws, still all good though.

Love to use my HI for microdosing. It works perfect down to 0,01. It cleares the bowl in one hit very effizient.
Most time i do between 0,03 and 0,05 but my "concept" prefers it every Hour. No tolerance differences since lot of years. Just when i go for vaccation in other country i quit. And this works good.

howie105

Neat, I temp stepped a .04 g to .06 g in a range between 316 f to 388 f in three to five hits. Then I went down the draw length rabbit hole which settled down to 16 to 20 seconds depending on which temp step was involved. For a device I use a PID controlled ELEV8R with a wooden adapter that allows a 14.4 mm male to male adapter and its basket screen to set in the heater body opening. Picture I am surprised how close some of our choices and results are. I wish I could get results in the .015 range perhaps with the next harvest things will improve. Do you mind if In ask what you are using for a heater? Thanks for your time and info.

howie105

Love to use my HI for microdosing. It works perfect down to 0,01. It cleares the bowl in one hit very effizient.
Most time i do between 0,03 and 0,05 but my "concept" prefers it every Hour. No tolerance differences since lot of years. Just when i go for vaccation in other country i quit. And this works good.
For a party day I get out the big hitter vapes (Plenty, modded LSV, ect) and not wreck my tolerance. However on a three-day blow out I need a couple of days of abstinence to reset my sensitivity. Have you noticed anything similar?

CANtalk

Neat, I temp stepped a .04 g to .06 g in a range between 316 f to 388 f in three to five hits. Then I went down the draw length rabbit hole which settled down to 16 to 20 seconds depending on which temp step was involved. For a device I use a PID controlled ELEV8R with a wooden adapter that allows a 14.4 mm male to male adapter and its basket screen to set in the heater body opening. Picture I am surprised how close some of our choices and results are. I wish I could get results in the .015 range perhaps with the next harvest things will improve. Do you mind if In ask what you are using for a heater? Thanks for your time and info.
Those methods and details sound in the range of my experience too and it really does work very well 👍. Looks good in the picture. I used to push for 15 second draws with the first three low temp fresh bowl hits but now am fine with 10-15 second draws. And I'll stop early if I feel irritation (usually on the first draw or two for each bowl). The two high temp setting draws are only ~8 seconds long to get the extraction / AVB color I want. Sometimes I'll save a few bowls of low temp vaped cannabis and combine them into a larger bowl for the high temp extraction, and when I do that the draw time goes down to 6 seconds since the higher cannabis load increases the vaping extraction efficiency. I hold draws for 10 seconds each time before exhaling as well.

Another variable that affects extraction efficiency and all these details is how dry or moist the cannabis is. I employ moisture packets and mason jars to preserve terps and cannabinoids, and as such the vaporizer has to pull out the moisture as well when vaping. As for vape, I use the VapeXhale EVO most all the time, unless I'm out with the ultra portable.

Happy to share details, thx for contributing and keep it up. Cheers.

happynomoretobacco

For a party day I get out the big hitter vapes (Plenty, modded LSV, ect) and not wreck my tolerance. However on a three-day blow out I need a couple of days of abstinence to reset my sensitivity. Have you noticed anything similar?
Sure the sensitivitty is more after a break. But my target is dont do more than 1,0 a day in average. Then i feel like a asket:rockon:

Enjoy the contributions. I think, despite my 6 yr old sig, that what I do is just low dosing, not microdosing. I usually only use .05 of flower in the evening. Standard method is to grind just before using, fire up my CFV to 360f and take two 10-second hits. That’s when I get most of the terpene extraction but little noticeable vapor. Then I step up to 385f for 3 more 10-second hits. If I was to fully extract the cannabinoids I could probably take at least 3-4 more hits. But I’m satisfied with brown color, and because I grow my own and supply is a non-issue, This year I have Arcata TrainWreck, TDub(another version of TrainWreck), Skywalker OG x Triangle Kush. And I still have plenty of Harlequin, Cannatonic, and Jack Herer from the year before. So, I discard at this point. At bedtime I usually use a vape pen cart or Pax pod. Normal dose is one 3-4 sec hit of a 75-85% THC oil. This has been my daily dosing schedule for the past 7 years or so. I occasionally omit one or the other evening sessions, usually because I’ve consumed some form of alcohol. Exceptions are when I travel away from home.

howie105

Enjoy the contributions. I think, despite my 6 yr old sig, that what I do is just low dosing, not microdosing. I usually only use .05 of flower in the evening. Standard method is to grind just before using, fire up my CFV to 360f and take two 10-second hits. That’s when I get most of the terpene extraction but little noticeable vapor. Then I step up to 385f for 3 more 10-second hits. If I was to fully extract the cannabinoids I could probably take at least 3-4 more hits. But I’m satisfied with brown color, and because I grow my own and supply is a non-issue, This year I have Arcata TrainWreck, TDub(another version of TrainWreck), Skywalker OG x Triangle Kush. And I still have plenty of Harlequin, Cannatonic, and Jack Herer from the year before. So, I discard at this point. At bedtime I usually use a vape pen cart or Pax pod. Normal dose is one 3-4 sec hit of a 75-85% THC oil. This has been my daily dosing schedule for the past 7 years or so. I occasionally omit one or the other evening sessions, usually because I’ve consumed some form of alcohol. Exceptions are when I travel away from home.
We seem to be on the same street. I am currently averaging .05 g a day (except party days) using a PID driven ELEV8R. Three temperature and time steps between 18 and 20 seconds and 326 f to 388 f. Steps and hits beyond that are pretty dead. Thanks for sharing your insights.

CANtalk

The last while when vaping, my target max was 2 small bowls on Friday (for a good 8 hrs of strong f/x and a poor sleep), 3 small bowls on Saturday (10 hrs of good f/x) and 2 small bowls on Sunday (taking the rest of the week off). I've been pretty successful with it. 0.050 gram bowls were strong enough for a while that I more recently have backed down to 0.040 gram bowls, 20% less and it's been good, very strong and potent still. 0.05 grams/bowl is 0.35 grams of quality cannabis vaped over 7 sessions in three 3 days (then a 4 day break). That's ~1 gram cannabis every three weeks... and ~17 grams cannabis per year. 0.040 grams/bowl would be 0.28 grams total in this current routine. That would be another 20% less cannabis use. Very happy and count me impressed. I fall off the wagon a bit here and there. Recently, I had a friend visit on a Friday evening and I had a very rare third bowl. I was moderate though, the first two bowls vaped were 0.040 grams and the third bowl was 0.020 grams, so that's the same as the the regular night of 2X 0.050 grams. It gave me a really poor sleep! Another recent weekend, I vaped 4 bowls on a Saturday but only one on Sunday. So far so good. And this weekend looks to be a go for success with 0.280 grams cannabis total or less.

I'm really high on Strawberry Cough, a potent racing sativa, so sorry for any spelling/grammar issues :razz:.

Enjoy ur microdosing / low dosing and have a great weekend.

CANtalk

Yes, it takes forever to go through much 🤪.

Success so far microdosing into this weekend. Yesterday, I vaped one bowl instead of the typical two. Because of that plan, I went with 0.050 grams, one temp step (two sessions) and it gave me lots of powah for 7 hrs ⚡. It was a nice piece, a cola from a quality batch of a racy potent sativa, Strawberry Cough. I also slept a fair amount better than I normally do that night (on the first night after the cannabis break)... which was wanted and is great. I think I will try to do that routine more. Today & after a nice MTB ride this morning, my first vape of the day is 0.050 grams Trainwreck. I may or may not vape one more bowl later today. And either way, it will be less than I normally do on a Saturday. All this opens up all sorts of interesting Sunday vaping opportunities too :nod:. Kudos again to all the microdose cannabis users here (and low dose). There are a number of members doing less than me and they've been very inspirational :tup:.It's great to see people dosing different amounts, everyone has someone here vaping a little less and sharing the stories and info is inspirational, thx!

Have a great Saturday & share your recent use.

Last edited:

rowbam

After scaling my usage back for a few days, very happy with how .1 is hitting. Usually before was .2 - .3 for similar effects.

I kinda got into a habit of finishing up work and vaping it up, trying to be a bit more mindful.

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
@rowbam congratulations on stepping into the microverse . sometimes its nice to vape it up :tup: my advice is find some nice low thc weed for when you fell like a bigger session. I'm very found of 1:2 strains I can have 4 of my usual bowls before I even hit the level of one of my reg strains, I don't have any thing lower than 20%thc for reg weed and to 30% plus concentrate. variety is the spice of life and I have a much heavier use background compared to 3 bowls of .05 a day now and has been for some time, 2 1:2 and one reg bowl a hour before bed. I usually have a extra bowl on the weekends or a dab. I find I don't really have tolerance issues indulging a day or 2 a week as long as a few days before the next splurge. sometimes I go a while between splurges cause my reg micro dosing gives me all I need but not maybe all I want lol once you reconcile your needs vs your desires it gets easier and you gain more control. sometimes its fun to get wasted so here and there I'll wake and bake as a treat, other times its enough just to feel more well and I don't need to be so drifty and less present, but I do need something;)

Top Bottom