Micro-dosing

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
Been back and forth with micro dosing but always return to it and it's nice saving money and stretching my stash but those aren't my main reason. I enjoy a bigger session here and there but it's no longer my preference for everyday and I'm more looking for feeling better without being wasted all the time. Been changing up my routine lately, taking 10mg thc in edible oil in the morning which helps get rid of the urge to vape throughout the day, then around 4-5pm I start vaping but I only take a couple whispy hits then put the vape away, not finishing the bowl and again in a hour or so and so on taking 4 hours or so to finish one .05 load of high THC bud ! Feeling satisfied the whole time and not having any more but I take another 10-20mg oil at bedtime. Been doing this for a bit and it's been really great, I'm not vaping in the middle of the night even if I do wake up to use the bathroom or something and I'm still able to get back in bed. I'll be keeping this up for the next while since it's working so well 😁 tomorrow I might try my bunk weed instead of the high THC and see what that's like, I could vape 4 bowls and only get the same amount of thc as 1 bowl of the high stuff LoL but I'm still going to try and show some restraint. Feel like I'm really getting to know my meds........

Bad Dog

Still micro dosing and monkeying with my routine. Had to stop the morning edible oil cause my tolerance was creeping up so I went back to vaping during the day and oil at bedtime. Loving this skunk haze which is a weak 1:2 topping out at under 5% THC, it nicely takes the edge off and tastes fantastic so it's a pleasure to vape. Still having 2-3 bowls a day but thanks to the skunk haze I'm really micro dosing during the day and feeling better overall. I have 1 bowl of high THC at bedtime in conjunction with the oil but I'm down to 10mg. Sleeping better and feeling better in the morning with a easier time getting out of bed. Maybe in time I'll switch to pure CBD during the day but for now I'm happy with the results I'm getting. Big challenges don't require big steps to meet them, it's perfectly fine to baby step your way through, just might take a little longer to get where you want to go. Cannabis is a journey for me with many pitstops, backslides, and directions I never thought I'd take! Micro dosing is a worth while path to effective medical management.

CANtalk

It's been pretty quiet here on the microdosing thread, hope many are still doing it w/ success. Good read @Bad Dog, I've never tried low THC but can see the appeal... in the last 6 months my favorite cannabis has been significantly better in entourage content/effects than THC :clap:.

I'm still all in on microdosing. And still usually rolling with 3 days on, then 4 days off every week... and 0.05 gram doses, 2x/3x/3x each day. And in fact, that's been too strong :science::shrug:. Sound weird but true. So today, TGIF & this start, I went with 0.04 grams in the vape, which is 20% less fwiw . It's still been very strong! It's like my sensitivity has been going up :shrug:. Long live dry low temp vaping a quality strong sativa batch.

And fwiw, weighing the dose needs to be done 4 sure :sherlock:. I use to guesstimate and was off, not to mention some of my high THC fresh cannabis literally shows half the volume in a 0.05 gram weigh of my more moderate THC product... it's wild to see. At least digital low weight scales are pretty inexpensive now.

What else is going on out there in microdosing land?

:peace: :leaf:

Last edited:

Bad Dog

I've never tried low THC but can see the appeal
1:2's and 1:1's have a advantage over pure CBD since they are more noticeable in their effects. though they are weaker I think of them of the beer of cannabis and the high THC is like hard liquor, my preferred alcohol ! I haven't had a actual beer in some time my usual is scotch first choice neat please. but the thing that won me over to the 1:2 was the flavour ?!? yep this TGOD (the green organic Dutchman) skunk haze grown by Harmony Organic tastes fantastic! very reminiscent of over ripe banana and mango 😋 fruity and a little funky, found it totally addictive! its my second favourite tasting bud now!?! and the high is very pleasant as well and not just when you vape a few bowls even a single small dose really takes the edge off without being way baked quick then falling off a cliff burnout later.

still monkeying with all my doses but my bowl size is mostly constant at .05 high or low THC don't matter. most days 3 doses by vape a 1 dose oil, high THC and oil only in the evening. can't tell you how nice it is to have a full Dynavap of my skunk which is twice my normal dose size and making it last all day😍 temp stepping as I go!

WisePenny

unknown. unmember.
Loving this skunk haze which is a weak 1:2 topping out at under 5% THC, it nicely takes the edge off and tastes fantastic so it's a pleasure to vape.
I've been enjoying Skunk Haze as well, although mine is from Tanatalus Labs.
One of my Favourite tasting strains is a CBD strain from Aphria - Selwyn (Sour Tsunami). Yum!

WisePenny,
Reactions: Bad Dog

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
I only use dosing caps in my OG Crafty, which most of the time I use alone. To make the loads smaller I put a larger brass screen in the bottom section of the cap so its rounded and a smaller screen flat in the top cap. Goes from .07/.08 to .04/.06. Has the added benefit in keeping particles out of the cooling unit so I have to clean far less. I still get stoned nearly as often--rarely starting before 4:30pm--but my total monthly consumption is somewhere between 30-50% less. For me the issue as an older long-time cigarette and j smoker is putting less in my lungs. My occasional wheezing and coughing has proportionally faded. Last year I was thinking I might have to give up cannabis, this long-term source of enjoyment, but here I am still chuggin' along and having fun.

Also I keep buying edibles and oral sprays for when my wheezing or coughing get bad, but I end up giving it to friends because bad effects have declined since I cut back, yet I still get totally wiped out when I want to. I suspect that I've lowered my tolerance by using less in every load.

Last edited:

Dan Morrison

Manufacturer
Fellow micro-doser here. I've been really enjoying the effects of THC Biomed - THC CBD Indica Landrace. Very chill... the high seems to blend seamlessly into your day or night. Very friendly high, never seems to be overwhelming in any way.

Organic soil grown, and $15/3.5g, it's a steal.

Bad Dog

Organic soil grown, and $15/3.5g, it's a steal.
not bad at all if its good. the TGOD skunk haze I get is kinda pricey but its so good I don't really mind. seems the OCS has your suggestion on their menu though its sold out right now :( I'll pick some up when it restocks, and some of that what they claim is full melt bubble hash! but I'm very dubious :rolleyes:

Bad Dog

I think you will like the skunk haze @Dan Morrison its taste is quite strong and complex but so pleasant and the effects are almost as nice, very much a doing stuff kind of strain. its pleasingly heady without ever making you feel spacey and drifty and relaxing enough to make you feel chill but nowhere near sleepy. if you grab a 5 g jar you might be a little disappointed in the bud cause it will be a lot of popcorn nugs, its comes in a small green glass jar which is nice but a little to small if you ask me and will be very full with medium density bud. good enough to try to see if you like it but if you plan on getting more I'd recommend grabbing the 15 g bag, its much nicer bud. seems like they put all the nice big nugs in the bags and not the little jars. low temp its so fruity, strongly very ripe bananas and a little very ripe mango but crushing a bowl at high temp and it transforms into more of a banana bread minus any spices which is also nice.

your vape is on my list @Dan Morrison!!! one day it shall be mine............

4ED9DD87-C5FF-4B83-BACE-3DEF233DEAD3.jpeg

Shadooz

Had to stop the morning edible oil cause my tolerance was creeping up so I went back to vaping during the day and oil at bedtime.
I do the opposite, or i take at least 3h before sleep. To get the feeling, cause if i only get it during sleep. it just silently sneaky puts my accustoming higher. And i end up feeling nothing with "low" temp vape... then falling into vicious circle of accustoming...
However, just bedtime is a really good way for low tolerance people

I'm stil cutting my sativa in two heat/hit for "micro-dosing"

But i get free cbd strain, as it's legal here, only thc forbidden. I was ask to try some bud.
First time trying cbd, but not like a virgin..

However, my sativa is too good to be cut straight to "low" temp,..
and the stuff they ask me to try doesn't taste great... certainly have "incest" cut the original "famous" strain, with the same CBD male to get <0.2%thc...
Switzerland provider...

Most of the bud will just end with my ABV oil :rofl: taste is the first criterion for no thc buds..

But at least two, "orange bud" and "blue moon" cbd cut, i got, are not that bad..
so i put them for my second and last heat, when my sativa have no more "low" temp taste, to make kind of 1:1 :)
My sativa is full of kief but low resinous, so lower terps, but high thc rush,.. too high,.. which bring me to micro-dose her.

* "low" for an herborizer :evil:

Last edited:
Shadooz,
Reactions: Bad Dog

Bad Dog

And still usually rolling with 3 days on, then 4 days off every week... and 0.05 gram doses, 2x/3x/3x each day. And in fact, that's been too strong :science::shrug:. Sound weird but true.
I can relate had a too strong experience the other day. most days I'm 3 sessions at .05, the past few weeks I've been having the skunk haze 2 times a day a high thc at night and its been delivering a stronger 1-2 punch that way holding off till a hour before bed. the other morning I didn't have any skunk ground and my grinder was full of pie in the sky a 18% sativa (my favourite actually) and I thought to myself I've been very good lately I'll treat myself?!? so I loaded up my usual .05 in my tinymight and temp stepped a few big draws and finished the bowl. and I was pretty high......... then a little time passed and I was feeling higher, I hadn't crested yet and I wouldn't for like a hour! then it was several hours after that before I came down.

darkstar72

I like this micro-dosing idea and have been enjoying this thread. I mini or micro dose. I don't measure but an eighth will last about half a year. Strains make a difference for sure. Yesterday, the smallest amount of Durban Poison was enough. I'm trying to abstain as much as possible during the daytime and I respect the individual who posted above that they take multiple days off. Easier said than done.

cptofnthng

To all you microdosers Out there - what vapes are you using?
Im doing it with the tafee bowl. Works Like a Charm. Sometimes one good hit lasts for hours. Super discreet too.
Also a Log should Work Like a Charm. I ve lent mine to a friend, but hes not convinced, because hes used to crafty sessions.

cptofnthng,
To all you microdosers Out there - what vapes are you using?
Im doing it with the tafee bowl. Works Like a Charm. Sometimes one good hit lasts for hours. Super discreet too.
Also a Log should Work Like a Charm. I ve lent mine to a friend, but hes not convinced, because hes used to crafty sessions.

I use all of the vapes in my signature for micro-dosing. I tend to avoid vapes that can't handle small loads well. My logs are probably the best at it, but the Bowle also works fantastic. With the VapBong, I do tend to load a bit more and get completely wrecked. Last night I loaded around .1g, took one hit, and was done for the night. :lol:

howie105

if .05 got me buzzed, will half of that do it for me? ... Maybe, there are so many variables in play. I think you would be better served by just trying it out on your own.

howie105,

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
If you engage rotation on your phone & you flip the phone horizontally, you should see the spoilers (signatures) at the bottom of a member's post if they have created one. That's how it works on my android phone.

Works the same way on my iPhone as well. Though, I almost never come here on my phone. It's so much more difficult to do anything in general.

Last edited:
Top Bottom