• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

MaxVapor E-Nail - 2018 Version

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Just got setup with mine yesterday - really digging it!!

Packaging was super nice and professional. As stated, the little carrying case it comes in is a nice touch - will definitely be using that.

Running a 25mm axial @710Coils w/ 14mm deepdish banger, using my Peak size AlN insert (waiting to get a 25mm banger sized one) on a gooseneck rattlecan, I have settled at 560F~ I still need to play around, and get my uptemp mode properly configured, but I am really happy with everything else so far. The browser dashboard is especially neat.

I used to take my insert out and hold it with tweezers to torch it clean, but with self-clean mode, I can just have it run a 5min cycle and get the insert back to looking new without having to expend any effort - so nice!

Will surely post a vid at some point, but interested to hear everyone else's experiences/setups! Thanks @maxvapor710

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Can any of you folks please share your Uptemp settings and the equipment you are using?

I would really like to get this tuned right and am primarily using a SiC halo; I am also set up with quartz bangers.

Right now I am stabilized at 525 and want to end at 570, but I the whole process is going faster than I would prefer. Is there a way to slow the speed of the uptemp? ... I'd like it to last longer, like 30-45 seconds.

maxvapor710

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
@FlyingLow send us an email, we can try to work in a delay on the uptemp in one of the pending updates.

We should have an update out tonight or tomorrow that hopefully resolves any screen glitching issues people have experienced.

maxvapor710,
Reactions: FlyingLow

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Can any of you folks please share your Uptemp settings and the equipment you are using?

I would really like to get this tuned right and am primarily using a SiC halo; I am also set up with quartz bangers.

Right now I am stabilized at 525 and want to end at 570, but I the whole process is going faster than I would prefer. Is there a way to slow the speed of the uptemp? ... I'd like it to last longer, like 30-45 seconds.

Try stabilizing at 350F. At 525F you’re not really gonna get much of the benefits of an uptemp - and with the high conductivity of a SiC Halo that’s gonna be over very quickly.

invertedisdead,
  • Love

maxvapor710

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Try stabilizing at 350F. At 525F you’re not really gonna get much of the benefits of an uptemp - and with the high conductivity of a SiC Halo that’s gonna be over very quickly.

@invertedisdead I have tried to point a few people to the DNail PDF recently but have been unable to find it since they redid their site, do you still have a copy anywhere you can post?

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
@invertedisdead I have tried to point a few people to the DNail PDF recently but have been unable to find it since they redid their site, do you still have a copy anywhere you can post?

I tried to find that PDF a few months ago to share with somebody, but had the same problem locating it after they changed their website.

But I remember they were starting at 325-350F for the SiC Halo for stabilized uptemps.
Quartz had the longest thermal curve.
And the sapphire (halo) had the smoothest thermal curve.

invertedisdead,

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
213-EAFBA-CC85-45-F1-B6-E3-45763-AF281-BD.jpg

Temperature tests to determine surface offset. NV DCup w/Sapphire dish.

EQUIPMENT:
K-Type Ribbon Probe to Bryman 235 DMM. (In foreground is self contained Bell Probe surface temp meter)
Dish reads -63f @465f on default MV BT 3.1.

In PID Settings menu, “SURFOFST”: -40 (FINAL RESULT)

NOTE: The numbers in that menu DO NOT correlate to temperature degrees. Had to use trial and error by reading surface after every test change.
Did NOT use the two other menu choices of “HEATROFST”, or “DSPLYOFST”, as I have yet to find out what they are designed for.

RustyOldNail,

maxvapor710

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
@RustyOldNail Surface Offset and Heater Offset are both calculated internally in Celcius, and from what I can remember their values are used before any Fahrenheit conversions take place in the code.

The Surface Offset setting is mostly used on Heat Profiles which have the same Coil and Banger but have different material inserts, so Display Offset is probably the one you want to use here but it won't make a difference as long as you are only using 1 of the 3 settings. I will see about getting the values in the menu adjusted to Fahrenheit when the controller is set to display in that mode.

Thanks,
Max

RustyOldNail

@RustyOldNail Surface Offset and Heater Offset are both calculated internally in Celcius, and from what I can remember their values are used before any Fahrenheit conversions take place in the code.

The Surface Offset setting is mostly used on Heat Profiles which have the same Coil and Banger but have different material inserts, so Display Offset is probably the one you want to use here but it won't make a difference as long as you are only using 1 of the 3 settings. I will see about getting the values in the menu adjusted to Fahrenheit when the controller is set to display in that mode.
Thanks,
Max

Does my surface offset of -40, explain why my cold coil reading is 25f? That’s something to consider as I would expect the coil to be at approximately room temperature.

40c = 105f, so that doesn’t add up. I get a 65f offset with a -40 offset.

Last edited:

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Thank you all for the tips, I am definitely finding improvement lowering the starting range.

@maxvapor710 ~ I got an email coming your way! Right now I am really digging the device, and blown away by its potential for programability! The thought of having programs has my mind ruminating about new possible functions and I look forward to discussing if we might get them incorporated into future updates. The potential is limitless!

RustyOldNail

Thank you all for the tips, I am definitely finding improvement lowering the starting range.

@maxvapor710 ~ I got an email coming your way! Right now I am really digging the device, and blown away by its potential for programability! The thought of having programs has my mind ruminating about new possible functions and I look forward to discussing if we might get them incorporated into future updates. The potential is limitless!

I don’t see any available “heat profiles” to download, in the dashboard, some other features don’t seem complete yet, is this statement true?

redsolocup

Just got mine in about an hour ago and set it up. I also had connectivity issues, but I was able to get it connected thanks to this advice from @RustyOldNail :tup:

Removed device, then added back in. Power cycled PID, got the SOLID “heart”. In my browser, even after refreshing that web page, I was still not connected to the PID. I closed that page, and reopened it, and now it looks like I’m connected. YEAH! I’ll leave it on all day, in case. Thanks.

I had to try this a few times, but now it seems to stay connected even after power cycles. The first 2 or so times I followed the above, it didn't work. I gave up and performed an auto-tune, which ended up making it fully connect to the dashboard once I hit "apply settings" and it restarted itself.

Of course, proceed at your own risk here. It might be safer to just wait for the update @maxvapor710 has mentioned.

RustyOldNail

Thanks,
Max

@maxvapor710
I always like to follow the manufacturers advice, and have no issues TESTING, any and all suggestions.

The “DISPLAY” offset is the first one I tried when I received the unit. Per your last message I retried this. I tried adjusting both plus and minus numbers. The surface of the dish, doesn’t change much, and the PID “set”, and “new” (this is actual reading of coil thermocoupler), never match up.

I’m ASSUMING that power resetting the PID is NOT necessary to induce the new settings?

So to be clear of the goal:
Set PID temperature to 465f
After 10 minute timed heat-up, the read temp or “new” should read 465f
Direct surface read temperature should be close to 465f
This way all numbers match up and ones set temperature is within a few degrees of actual dish temperature.

So far testing only adjusting “display” setting does not seem to do the above, whereas the “surface” offset does exactly the above.

BUT, if I would certainly leave all the offsets to the ZERO default if it’s better to add the correct offset to a profile. I tried making a quick profile when I first received the unit, but there was no DCup flat coil to choose from, and since the profile was incomplete, I deleted it. Some guidance on making a profile would be great, and then I could do my offset in a profile instead of changing the global setting.

Just got mine in about an hour ago and set it up. I also had connectivity issues, but I was able to get it connected thanks to this advice from @RustyOldNail :tup:

I had to try this a few times, but now it seems to stay connected even after power cycles. The first 2 or so times I followed the above, it didn't work. I gave up and performed an auto-tune, which ended up making it fully connect to the dashboard once I hit "apply settings" and it restarted itself.

Of course, proceed at your own risk here. It might be safer to just wait for the update @maxvapor710 has mentioned.

Thanks, but I wrote that post last Wednesday, if you read the posts after that, you’ll see the issue was eventually solved on their end.

RustyOldNail,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
we can try to work in a delay on the uptemp in one of the pending updates.

I noticed some people on IG oogling over the Indux Labs Reflux vaporizer. IMHO I bet if you add a few adjustable uptemp curves it should accomplish the same thing while working with peoples existing nail setups.

RustyOldNail

Anyone able to edit the Auto OFF timer in the dashboard? I click on the “pencil icon”, nothing happens.

RustyOldNail,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I noticed some people on IG oogling over the Indux Labs Reflux vaporizer. IMHO I bet if you add a few adjustable uptemp curves it should accomplish the same thing while working with peoples existing nail setups.

I've been studying the Reflux and think I have it pretty much figured out.

It's basically a controlled cold start with a thermal curve slowed down and smoothed out at the boiling point of predominant terpenes to extend the session. In their device your thermal curve is dictated by your induction susceptor configuration, but I feel like the same idea can be accomplished with software - you can add pearls or similar to the banger to increase mass or surface area and modulate the thermal curve similar to what they are doing.

invertedisdead,

RustyOldNail

Hi Guys,

Been too swa,[ed to visit the forums for the last week or so, we should have most of the items you guys addressed completed in an update later this week.

Thanks,
Max

Great, can you address my post #789, from above in his thread, it’s NOT firmware related.

Will the next firmware releases, address the non functioning parts of the DASHBOARD?

RustyOldNail,

maxvapor710

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
@RustyOldNail I am not really sure if I completely understand your issue, but I took a quick glance at the code that handles the offsets again. The surface and heater offsets are applied and that data is sent to the PID controller, the display offset is then applied and sent to the Display controller.

So in a nutshell, the first two will affect the actual temperature calculations internally whereas the display offset is only adjusting what it sent to the screen for display. As I mentioned we are adjusting the offsets to take into account the C / F setting so they will be easier to configure, but if you believe there is an issue with the display offset I will get someone to take a look and issue a patch if necessary.

A lot of the functionality of the dashboard will be changing in the next few updates. We are completely removing the sync process and the need to select Boot Screens, Sound Profiles and Heat Profiles from the dashboard. All of this information will be periodically downloaded to your unit in the background and you will be able to configure them directly on the unit itself.

If anyone has other dashboard issues or any other issues, it is always best to email support directly so that we can open a support ticket and get the issue resolved completely.

Thanks,
Max

edit: Just for clarification, I tested the display offset on the most recent firmware, my test coil cold is 26C, I set a Display Offset of "10.0" and my screen is showing 36C as expected. The change takes place immediately upon setting the value in the PID Settings screen.

Last edited:

RustyOldNail

@RustyOldNail I am not really sure if I completely understand your issue, but I took a quick glance at the code that handles the offsets again. The surface and heater offsets are applied and that data is sent to the PID controller, the display offset is then applied and sent to the Display controller.

So in a nutshell, the first two will affect the actual temperature calculations internally whereas the display offset is only adjusting what it sent to the screen for display. As I mentioned we are adjusting the offsets to take into account the C / F setting so they will be easier to configure, but if you believe there is an issue with the display offset I will get someone to take a look and issue a patch if necessary.

A lot of the functionality of the dashboard will be changing in the next few updates. We are completely removing the sync process and the need to select Boot Screens, Sound Profiles and Heat Profiles from the dashboard. All of this information will be periodically downloaded to your unit in the background and you will be able to configure them directly on the unit itself.

If anyone has other dashboard issues or any other issues, it is always best to email support directly so that we can open a support ticket and get the issue resolved completely.

Thanks,
Max

edit: Just for clarification, I tested the display offset on the most recent firmware, my test coil cold is 26C, I set a Display Offset of "10.0" and my screen is showing 36C as expected. The change takes place immediately upon setting the value in the PID Settings screen.

In my original question, I was responding to your last suggestion:

“The Surface Offset setting is mostly used on Heat Profiles which have the same Coil and Banger but have different material inserts, so Display Offset is probably the one you want to use here but it won't make a difference as long as you are only using 1 of the 3 settings”.

The “display offset”, is not the correct choice. Not sure when that would be needed.

I tested using the “Surface Offset”, -43 in that menu for my NV DCup works. I can now set the MV PID to 465f, and read the sapphire dish surface and be within 1-3 degrees of set temp. By trial & error, Minus 43 adds the +65f to the dish.

In the future I’ll just use the tech email, as you suggest. Not a lot of active participation these days in this particular thread. I’ve spent the last two weeks with the product and will put all my findings and questions in an email to you. Thanks.

Noticed 2 small firmware updates to the PID last week. 1.29, and 1.3. Nothing mentioned here......

RustyOldNail,

maxvapor710

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
@RustyOldNail I will re-read your comments in the morning, perhaps it will make more sense to me after some sleep.
As for firmware announcements, you can find the Firmware Changelog in the sidebar of the Dashboard

edit: By changing the Surface Offset or Heater Offset in the current firmware, this is what is happening:
  • The thermocouple temperature is read and cold-junction compensated
  • Your Surface Offset is added to the internal thermocouple reading in Celcius.
  • This adjusted temperature is sent to the PID controller to control the heater in Celcius.
  • After the data is sent to the PID controller, the Display Offset is applied in Celcius.
  • This adjusted temperature is sent to the Display controller to update the screen. Fahrenheit conversion is done here if enabled.
So given your desired Set Temp is 240.5C (465F) and you have a -43C Surface Offset.
Its late and my math might not be up to par, but presumably that means your coil is reading ~283C (541F) to achieve your desired Surface Temperature.
(541F - 465F) = 76F, so that would explain the +65F difference you see.

Last edited:

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer
Ok I read a bunch of pages and can't find it. I just picked up the NV version and am a bit confused on getting it connected. I have a solid heart on my screen. Am I connected? I don't have an option to request the link code.

Also when I sign up for the dashboard I am getting browser errors. Anyone? LOL

Top Bottom