• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

MaxVapor E-Nail - 2018 Version

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Just turned on unit:

MaxVaporBT Version 0.1.36 December 12, 2020
[BUGFIX] "32F" Bug on Temperature Change.

That’s great, if only I knew the bug existed. Whatever the reason Max no longer posts here, it would be really GREAT and useful, to have a “CHANGE LOG”, for firmware listed on their website......

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
That's been a bug for a while, I think it came from changing temperature to the same temperature its already set at, good news if they fixed it!

invertedisdead,
Reactions: seki

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Mine has for the first time been a bit quirky.
Is there any downside to the updates?

FlyingLow,

RustyOldNail

Mine has for the first time been a bit quirky.
Is there any downside to the updates?

Without knowing in advance what the update corrects, it’s a crap shoot. But, since as far as I know, it’s a one way street. No way to go back to a previous FW. So in this case, while an update could certainly change some settings you don’t want changed, or break something that was working, you would have to put up with the units update notice on screen, and wait for other users to report back in a thread like this, if everyone participated. So, I just have to have faith in the programmers, and I just UPDATE.....

seki

Just turned on unit:

MaxVaporBT Version 0.1.36 December 12, 2020
[BUGFIX] "32F" Bug on Temperature Change.

That’s great, if only I knew the bug existed. Whatever the reason Max no longer posts here, it would be really GREAT and useful, to have a “CHANGE LOG”, for firmware listed on their website......

There is a changelog for the device that's available when you log in to the dashboard. Below the firmware changelog, the dashboard itself has its own changelog as well. Earliest firmware entry is 0.1.17:

MaxVaporBTVersion 0.1.17July 07, 2019
  • [FEATURE] Offline AutoTune and Profile Data Generation.
  • [CHANGE] Default Screen Contrast was lowered.
  • [CHANGE] PID Control is now more granular.
  • [CHANGE] Remove PID Window Setting.
  • [CHANGE] Default Audio Volume is now maximum.
  • [PERFORMANCE] Various WiFi Performance Improvements.
  • [PERFORMANCE] HTTP Server Speed and Memory Usage Improvements.
  • [BUGFIX] WiFi Scan Fails when no Access Points found.
  • [BUGFIX] Non-Volatile Storage.
  • [BUGFIX] WiFi Crash in STA Mode.
  • [BUGFIX] WiFi SmartConfig.
  • [BUGFIX] CPU1 Scheduler.
  • [BUGFIX] DNS Client.
  • [BUGFIX] Bluetooth / BLE A2DP (Unreleased).
  • [BUGFIX] SPI Driver Concurrency.
  • [BUGFIX] Memory Leak in Audio Subsystem.

The current 0.1.36 update is listed as well:

MaxVaporBTVersion 0.1.36December 12, 2020
  • [BUGFIX] "32F" Bug on Temperature Change.

On a related note, I tried to update my sound profile with some new audio this weekend, but I wasn't able to update anything beyond the startup sound. I'm wondering if the file sizes are playing a part. Does anyone know what sort of onboard storage there is for things like audio files? I'm currently encoding my files at 320kbps. I think I'll try to reencode at 64 or 128kbps to try and test if I'm running into storage limitations.

thevapist

Hi all, I mostly stick in the Cannabis Hardware (NewVape) threads, and I have their basic PID I've been using for a few years. I like the features of this MaxVapor unit, but looking at their reviews I'm on the fence about grabbing one. I reached out to their support a while ago with some questions and never heard back, so I believe the reviews about the support sadly. It looks like people have problems even getting what they paid for shipped sometimes.

1. Is 1.4 the latest/greatest? Is there a new one coming anytime soon?
  2. Is this company on the up and up or seem like they're fading? The warranty won't mean much if they go away soon.
  3. What are your favorite features?
  4. Does BT work well? How is the phone control?
  5. Does the dashboard work well? This is one of the biggest selling points for me and I'd love to explore the tech here and see if I can customize it a bit.
Overall I like the unit, but $300 for a PID it has to be end game IMO.

Any input is appreciated, thanks!

thevapist,

thevapist

Hmmm, so is this thing just dead? I didn't even realize the last post was 12/14/20. I sent their support an email as well and I'm yet to hear back.

RustyOldNail

Hmmm, so is this thing just dead? I didn't even realize the last post was 12/14/20. I sent their support an email as well and I'm yet to hear back.

I don’t know if it’s “dead”, I assume they still sell them. For whatever reason, the company no longer has need or desire to participate in this FC thread.

I’m still using mine, there are some small interface issues that could be improved, but I’m no longer giving feedback, as there is little interest anymore. Profiles, and many of the promised features on the web interface side have never appeared. It’s a real nice case, but honestly my Auber 300b at approximately 1/3 the price is just as accurate. Maybe more so, as I am constantly having to change my Maxvapor dish offset 5-8 degrees with the same equipment, as my measured dish readings with an accurate surface temperature meter, are constantly drifting.

That’s my honest opinion.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I've been using one since 2017/18.
It's been a reliable workhorse for me that is up and running more hours a week than it is turned off. And I appreciate the robust USA build quality and compact size.

That said, my use is pretty basic, and I don't really use most of the more advanced features.

My philosophy is that you have to be physically present at the enail to take a dab, so I never really found a need for much of the smart features.

It had a lot of potential for new features through updates, but I think enails just never really took off. The e-rigs really took over that part of the market.

lazylathe

Almost there...
Thanks for the honest feedback all. I was most interested in the dashboard and "hacking" it to customize it, but knowing they barely support all those features I'll definitely pass.

Check this local one made by the one and only @JCat

lazylathe

Almost there...
@RustyOldNail @thevapist @invertedisdead

Just had some good words with Max Vapor on Reddit.
Someone was asking about a controller with features and I mentioned them but cautioned on their Customer Support.

Max came in and replied with this:

lazylathe
There is also the Max Vapor controller although I am unsure of their customer service lately. Built from the ground up for dabbers.

https://www.reddit.com/user/MAXVapor710/
MAXVapor710
Always around somewhere.

lazylathe
Good to see you around again! What happened to your forum interaction and customer service? I know a few people sitting with controllers that are not working and no assistance. Makes me wary...

MAXVapor710
We stopped posting on the forums to sway people to actually contact customer service with their issues so that they can be tracked and resolved. People would end up posting there, and never contacting our customer service with their issues where we have actual paid staff to help.
If you know people with controllers that aren't working, tell them to email us and we will take care of it.

So hopefully this means they are back in business and ready to support their customer base.

https://www.reddit.com/user/lazylathe/

RustyOldNail

I believe some of us Maxvapor PID owners wondered what happened to the development of the “features” on the software side? For me, personally.. I don’t care anymore, sometimes just like a manufacturer, eventually one must move on.

LAST FIRMWARE UPDATE:

Version 0.1.36December 12, 2020

VapeEnthusiast

Troy's Army
@RustyOldNail @thevapist @invertedisdead

Just had some good words with Max Vapor on Reddit.
Someone was asking about a controller with features and I mentioned them but cautioned on their Customer Support.

Max came in and replied with this:

lazylathe
There is also the Max Vapor controller although I am unsure of their customer service lately. Built from the ground up for dabbers.

https://www.reddit.com/user/MAXVapor710/
MAXVapor710
Always around somewhere.

lazylathe
Good to see you around again! What happened to your forum interaction and customer service? I know a few people sitting with controllers that are not working and no assistance. Makes me wary...

MAXVapor710
We stopped posting on the forums to sway people to actually contact customer service with their issues so that they can be tracked and resolved. People would end up posting there, and never contacting our customer service with their issues where we have actual paid staff to help.
If you know people with controllers that aren't working, tell them to email us and we will take care of it.

So hopefully this means they are back in business and ready to support their customer base.

https://www.reddit.com/user/lazylathe/

My error report via the MV website/email was never answered.

It sounds like they're playing off what actually happened (they stopped providing all support).

I hope I'm wrong, obviously. I'm just not confident given the last discussion in the MV AC Grasshopper adapter thread.

I believe some of us Maxvapor PID owners wondered what happened to the development of the “features” on the software side? For me, personally.. I don’t care anymore, sometimes just like a manufacturer, eventually one must move on.

LAST FIRMWARE UPDATE:

Version 0.1.36December 12, 2020

Same. I've moved on. They dropped support forever ago. Auber is the clear Victor in my mind. That's what I recommend to people now.

PoopMachine

Hate to bring this back up but my unit just developed an issue Im pretty sure is software related. Not sure how to remedy it. Is MV still providing support on this unit?

BoB Nesmtih

Has there been any communication or interest from the developer on this product? I am surprised Auber hasn't released a web enabled enail controller. Seems like an obvious hole in the market at this point. I'm guessing the market is just too small. I really love the concept of being able to create and store different controller profiles for different hardware. Recently my dashboard completely stopped connecting, and so I have now lost that ability.

BoB Nesmtih,

RustyOldNail

Has there been any communication or interest from the developer on this product? I am surprised Auber hasn't released a web enabled enail controller. Seems like an obvious hole in the market at this point. I'm guessing the market is just too small.

No, I think he still sells them, as a stand alone it works fine. My Auber is a backup. But there have been no firmware updates in years, so if you don’t like the interface, too bad, though you can’t update the Auber over the web either. I had to ship my Auber back to them to get the last update. For me I never really used the web to control the MV, I never use remotes to power on a heater device when I’m not home, as I can wait 10 minutes while being SAFE. There were promised profiles and other things that never happened. I got it on sale, and like the size, but the Auber is a much better option, and far less $$$$, and you get customer and product support.

RustyOldNail,

BoB Nesmtih

No, I think he still sells them, as a stand alone it works fine. My Auber is a backup. But there have been no firmware updates in years, so if you don’t like the interface, too bad, though you can’t update the Auber over the web either. I had to ship my Auber back to them to get the last update. For me I never really used the web to control the MV, I never use remotes to power on a heater device when I’m not home, as I can wait 10 minutes while being SAFE. There were promised profiles and other things that never happened. I got it on sale, and like the size, but the Auber is a much better option, and far less $$$$, and you get customer and product support.
I was using profiles. It was good enough. For power functions, I am well versed in Home Assist and that is where I do those now. I use a variety of vastly different hardware, and like for the surface temperature to always be predicable. I was more excited about the future of the product though and some of the possibilities.

Last edited:
Top Bottom