MaxVapor E-Nail - 2018 Version

maxvapor710

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
@tylerj55 they are shipping out in the order they were received, It will probably take us through the end of next week to get through all of the orders.

maxvapor710,
Reactions: JCat

Slickwilly

Hey there just to let you have an idea where he's at with orders. I placed my pre order on May 6th and just received tracking info on June 12th but hasn't shipped as of today.

I've been waiting patiently, if you call checking tracking ever few hours patiently :lol:

I already was sent a review email on the 15th without even touching the controller yet? Probably just a computer glitch, but it might need a look at.

I'm sure the controller will live up to all my expectations though. :tup:

Slickwilly,

maxvapor710

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
The remainder of the pre-order units should be completed by Saturday, sometimes it can take a few days to ship once you receive a tracking number if our QC guys are backed up, but that is not always the case.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Yeah, they must be busy. Received email last Saturday, the 20th. But it’s still just a label created .....

RustyOldNail,

RustyOldNail

@started@52 I have someone looking into your connection issues currently, will follow up shortly.

Regarding the offsets, the display offset is purely cosmetic and only used to affect what is shown on the screen. The other offsets are applied to the PID values before the processing is done, so if you have one set it will also affect the auto-tune values.

It may be beneficial in a future update to ignore the offsets when running a tune, I will put it on the list.

Tuning works by observing the fluctuations above and below your temperature setpoint and attempting to eliminate them, so I believe running it at a settled temperature would be more accurate as you eliminate the long initial heat up from the calculations.

This quote is from over a year ago, but since my MV BT 1.3 is coming in a few days, and the 2018 PDF manual is a bit skimpy ( I know, nobody likes writing manuals). One of the first things I’d like to do is add a temperature offset for my NV DCup.

The “display offset is purely cosmetic” part is easy to grasp, but then you mention “other offsets”, not sure what that means, is there another place in the units menu for entering a temperature offset? On my Auber 300a, I have to set a PSL value, which is a simple math formula. Or is the “display offset” all I need to change.

Was there ever an update to “ignore the offsets when running a tune”. If not how would I proceed to do a “tune”, with my offset programmed in?

Thanks.

RustyOldNail,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
So much to say, but little time to communicate it... will follow up with more later.

Im about 12 hours into MaxVapor ownership and am seriously impressed!
First impressions, I LOVE the packaging! I did not expect this to be such a tiny form factor and so readily prepared for travel. I honestly thought it would be 2-4x larger. I removed my D-nail from its home for the last years, and found I had tons more bench top space available using this versus my D-nail.

Form factor and aesthetics aside, the performance and computer is so far more precise and responsive than D-Nail, it is not even close! My DN suffers dramatic temp drops during a drag, so much so that I pre-torch my cap for 10 seconds with a BigShot to help prevent the dramatic temp drop. So far, this step of pre-heating is only slightly necessary with MV and I am using a 3-5 second torch on my cap. The computer responds so fast and corrects the dish temp really fast, I have been constantly challenging the limits of its low temp range and this unit is keeping up!

In addition to the better aesthetics, smaller form factor, and tremendously better performance, I do believe this temp reading is probably also more accurate than my DN... I will confirm with a temp gun later tonight.

I am SO happy with this purchase, thank you MaxVapor!!!
I am curious, do you advise against keeping your unit on 24/7, or is that practice okay?

I have not even opened up or looked at the directions yet, nor have I tinkered with any advanced settings, but I can already tell this is top of class. Great job on this unit!

I am currently running at 535*f with a 710 coil and the Dnail Slim series SiC and Ti Cap.
I am eager to test temps on the 710 deep dishes, this is going to be exciting!

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I did not expect this to be such a tiny form factor and so readily prepared for travel.

Welcome to the club brother!! :rockon:

I travel with my XLR powered flower setup and oil setup all in the MaxVapor case with coils, controller, and all accessories - literally just add a glass piece. It’s an extremely compact setup for top tier desktop vapor of all kinds!

Wait til you try uptemps with the SiC Halo! :brow:

invertedisdead,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I’m stoked! Going to be traveling and using this with my RiO, the RiO glass travels so well in its own case and performs excellent with an enail or cold starts. I’ll post up some pics when I get the moment... the cases are nearly identical in size.

RustyOldNail

This quote is from over a year ago, but since my MV BT 1.3 is coming in a few days, and the 2018 PDF manual is a bit skimpy ( I know, nobody likes writing manuals). One of the first things I’d like to do is add a temperature offset for my NV DCup.

The “display offset is purely cosmetic” part is easy to grasp, but then you mention “other offsets”, not sure what that means, is there another place in the units menu for entering a temperature offset? On my Auber 300a, I have to set a PSL value, which is a simple math formula. Or is the “display offset” all I need to change.

Was there ever an update to “ignore the offsets when running a tune”. If not how would I proceed to do a “tune”, with my offset programmed in?

Thanks.

Forgot to tag @maxvapor710

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: EmDeemo

RustyOldNail

@RustyOldNail a few things are changing in an update we are trying to finish this week, we will have the updated manual up to accompany the new profile settings and recent changes we have made.

Ok. As of tomorrow, fingers crossed the USPS actually delivers, I’ll be setting it up as it is, and will hopefully be able to figure the OFFSET out, and then see whatever the update changes when it’s pushed to the device, as my question will still be IN PLAY.

Thanks for working on a new, updated manual, as these COMPUTER devices can get complicated quickly. However, the main advantage over most other PID’s is of course online “FIRMWARE UPDATABLE”, helps you, and the consumer. Sending a PID back to the maker, for updates, is so 2001.....

I am watching... :)

You’re SCARING me......

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: Shrike

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Going down the rabbit hole and time to explore!

@invertedisdead what uptemp settings are you using with your SiC halo?
Are you using different settings with quartz?

I don’t own a SiC Halo anymore, but the directly heated flat coil design is ideal for uptemps as it has the fastest heat transfer of pretty much all setups.

You can do uptemps with quartz too, but it’s a slower experience. I’m usually dabbing from a sapphire insert inside a banger with a 710coils axial at 500-550F.

Top Bottom