MagicStone Alchemy

seriousTone

Damn I miss my stone...

I gave myself one day with it and put it away for myself until my birthday comes around.

There's a few techniques I've thought about that I'm so curious to try!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah I slept on it in the end, I mean I was thinking about it all day back and forth, then the day got away from me, and by the time I remembered again it was just after midnight unfortunately so the decision was made for me lol but all good since I'm still not sure I would have had much use for it not being much of a torch vaper anymore, though I'd still like to add one to the collection someday... Maybe a sale next year or in the future, perhaps more innovations will arise!

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: sag

seriousTone

Yeah I slept on it in the end, I mean I was thinking about it all day back and forth, then the day got away from me, and by the time I remembered again it was just after midnight unfortunately so the decision was made for me lol but all good since I'm still not sure I would have had much use for it not being much of a torch vaper anymore, though I'd still like to add one to the collection someday... Maybe a sale next year or in the future, perhaps more innovations will arise!
Damn that's too bad. I actually forgot how much I LOVE these types of vapes until I hit the magic stone - never got into the sticky bricks though just cuz they're not my cup of tea, looks wise and I think you were hitting them hard for a while? anyhow...I even love the butane flavor, it tastes nostalgic to me. I use Colibri and Newport 99.999% pure but there's still a flavor which I always found was odd...but I guess normal?

simba

@weedanwine
Damn that's too bad. I actually forgot how much I LOVE these types of vapes until I hit the magic stone - never got into the sticky bricks though just cuz they're not my cup of tea, looks wise and I think you were hitting them hard for a while? anyhow...I even love the butane flavor, it tastes nostalgic to me. I use Colibri and Newport 99.999% pure but there's still a flavor which I always found was odd...but I guess normal?

If you're tasting butane something isn't right, because with a blue torch there shouldn't be any.

seriousTone

If you're tasting butane something isn't right, because with a blue torch there shouldn't be any.
Yeah supposedly...but I've always tasted it since YEARS ago. Same flavor with both Newport and Colibri butane and through 5 or 6 different torches, so idk what could be wrong.

I wonder if some people's taste buds are just more sensitive to it.

VapeKnight

Day Tripper
It never fails, I start reading a thread to catch up and then I can't wait to get home and use that vape. I've been taking turns, so tonight it's the Odyssey. There is something so nice about that heavy chunk of soapstone . Happy belated B'day Kristen !

GratefulDread

Yeah haha. I feel like if I'm tasting something, that means I'm inhaling it. It could be totally safe, but I personally couldn't find enough clear information on the subject to feel comfortable using one long term. Especially with all the other options available.

Jimagic

Handmade Smokeless Instruments
Manufacturer
Do you taste the "butane" @Jimagic?
Short answer: I don't.
Looong answer: This is a timely question, seriousT. We're just, this week, producing new footage for the torch instructional and I'm writing the more detailed technique language for the site etc.

Given the endless nature of the interwebs it would be dumb to say I've read everything out there on blue flame heating, but over time, I've studied a bunch from what I think are the most relevant voices: connoissseurs of food and cannabis, where the issue of "torch taste" has been studied and debated pretty endlessly. Because all of those opinions are clicks away I won't belabor the science but I'll summarize the technique that I think makes MS very clean.

We all know a true blue flame means the oxygen is properly premixed and the fuel is being fully burned with the hottest region being at the tip of the inner, more translucent point (appr 2500 F). First we recommend lighting the torch away from the intake so there's no initial unburned fuel to draw, then placing that point well above the intake as well as the extended outer flame. You don't want the flame, but the pure heat that it's generated after burning off any residual elements of the fuel. You're warming the stone and the stone chamber and the heat being driven above the intake might be 1000 F or so; but it's all related to how high you've dialed the flame, the strength of your draw, and the distance of the heat source. And the final ingredient is the thermal quality of the soapstone itself which quickly becomes very integral.

And then before I stop lighting, I begin to draw the flame upward, reducing the temp at the stone but still drawing the heat down until you take it away and shut it off - again keeping any unburned fuel from the air path. This also gives you a real sense of how you can "play" your instrument to find the right warmth to get the terpy hits or build the deeper hits - and each subsequent hit will be easier and faster as your stone maintains and increases in warmth.

In my experience, using a Colibri level fuel and never having the flame itself introduced into the path, I get a completely clean hit.
Last thing on the technique - the Fire/Wind/Earth symbols in our logo are about this balance of the heat, the draw and the stone...with
the stone being the "magic" ingredient.

Also to continue my little torch taste epic, One of the Magic Stoners I facetimed with, while beta-testing the torch approach, has an Alchemy and a full range of torches from his work as a chef. Which of course is a common technique for finishing any number of recipes at the finest restaurants, enjoyed by connoisseurs almost as discerning as FC members. ;)

Last edited:

MagiKStone

Magic Maker
Manufacturer
It never fails, I start reading a thread to catch up and then I can't wait to get home and use that vape. I've been taking turns, so tonight it's the Odyssey. There is something so nice about that heavy chunk of soapstone . Happy belated B'day Kristen !
Thanks, VK!

seriousTone

That's a great write up, thanks a lot Jim!

Appreciate your technique description, can't wait to use my stone again!

coolbreeze

You're a patient man, waiting for your birthday - when is it?
In the meantime, I thought I'd post our newest MagicStone vid for FC consideration (you might need to turn the volume on.)
Nice! I half-expected to see Dave behind the door....
dave1a.jpg

I've never noticed it, and I'm pretty fussy taste wise and was ultra-paranoid about using a direct draw torch vape when I first got a Vapor Genie.

You have to email them directly, the email is a few posts back.
I've never noticed it, and I'm pretty fussy taste wise and was ultra-paranoid about using a direct draw torch vape when I first got a Vapor Genie.

You have to email them directly, the email is a few posts back.
Hi yeah i did a couple of times , they never said one way or the other ,
there was a mix up with email which i emailed them back to clear up the mistake i made ,was trying to email YLL about their induction heater ,
but cleared that up ,then emailed them again recently, ill try them again when iam a bit better
G

Vapor-catzG,
Reactions: simba
I love how these look! I am very interested and I think I might have discovered the HUGE advantages these have over most other portable vaporizers.

Follow me on this:
I have to travel in a few months overseas and I don't want to bring something that would break (you never know when an electronic might stop working and if the glass breaks on a butane glass vape you got nothing) or I wouldn't be able to bring back with me. This is a rare example of something that, if properly cleaned, can just go through the TSA as a smoking pipe and no risk over getting it confiscated. It isn't suspicious looking like a Dynavap or Sticky Brick or a Vapman (a much as I love all of those) so this is the perfect travel vaporizer!
"properly cleaned" is impossible imo - the swab picks up the tiniest traces dude. you can never clean it 100%

Dampfmaschine,

hoyo77

The Alchemy has arrived. Love the packaging and thanks for the jolly ranchers!! The case is sweet. I need to order a vapman torch for this. I think that torch would be perfect!! It took me three sessions to figure it out and once i did the hits are nice and terpy. I am rather lit as this is my first session of the day. Running some DJ Short Blueberry and the couchloc is setting in. Also love the how long the soapstone stays warm after a session. very therapeutic in the hands. I can see myself hitting this after a tennis match and holding it in my hands ease the cramps until the reefer kicks in. nice vape. I did not notice any butane taste at all, nothing but terps. i wait till after the torch has been lit a few seconds before i start. that helps a lot. same technique i used on the sticky brick and others of that type.

leanpubpackage

Yeah supposedly...but I've always tasted it since YEARS ago. Same flavor with both Newport and Colibri butane and through 5 or 6 different torches, so idk what could be wrong.

I wonder if some people's taste buds are just more sensitive to it.
I always taste butane with all my direct inhale vapes, even using Colibri. It’s faint, but enough for me to not want to use my direct inhales as a daily

Jimagic

Handmade Smokeless Instruments
Manufacturer
I am rather lit as this is my first session of the day. Running some DJ Short Blueberry and the couchloc is setting in. Also love the how long the soapstone stays warm after a session. very therapeutic in the hands. I can see myself hitting this after a tennis match and holding it in my hands ease the cramps until the reefer kicks in. nice vape. I did not notice any butane taste at all, nothing but terps.
All great to hear Hoyo. And the warm hand fob is that nice additional feature. So did you get your first hits with the soft flame (Clipper.)?

Jimagic,
Top Bottom