MagicStone Alchemy

Kreator87

HOLY SHIT!

That's what I said to myself after opening the carrying case that held the Odyssey.

I didn't even know the vape came with a whole kit! Case, refillable soft flame lighter, 2 extra screens, cleaning pipes and the AMAZING quality toothpick holder. The amount of times I've looked on etsy for a nice toothpick holder but never bought one...this is the one I'd have bought, and it comes free.

Then the device itself is on a whole other level - we're talking Dan Morrison level craftsmanship. The stone is so beautiful, gold emblem, the intake, the machining is perfect -- and the COIN COVER is so solid and has great weight to it. You just want to hold it all in your hands - especially once the stone warms up WOW.

The thing hits like a charm, EASY light tasty hits or medium. Haven't gone for big hits yet but the vapor has felt pretty damn cool to me so far. Very easy and satisfying to pop open the coin cover and give a quick stir. Nothing wants to fall out of the oven and if it does there's a ledge to catch it so you can push it back in to the basket.

LOVE this thing already, can EASILY be my daily driver at home and should always be left out in plain site, to gaze at, regardless. The Odyssey is already as highly regarded to me as my Dan Morrison Okin and "soon" to be Nomad II will be.

Thanks @MagiKStone for the effort in creating this device, I'm really grateful to have one.
Well said! I love mine. So unique and well-crafted. It really brings class to the experience. Love how the stone feels on the lips; it is like no other vaporizer I have. That being said, I really want an Alchemy too 😂

They go together like chocolate and peanut butter 😀

VapeKnight

Day Tripper
I've been contemplating the Neo for some time, that might be the tipping point for me... Do the magnets from the Terp Surfer line up and stick or is it just resting on top ?

Kreator87

I've been contemplating the Neo for some time, that might be the tipping point for me... Do the magnets from the Terp Surfer line up and stick or is it just resting on top ?
The magnets don't lock in but there is an attraction that keeps it in place decently. You can't flip it over, but it will stay put if you tip it side to side. The chamber of the Magic Stone is the perfect size to have the docking ring over it. If I could find a washer shaped magnet that is the right size it might make it the perfect stone pipe for the Neo. Fits nicely in the hand and the thumb sits over the firehole and you can use it as a carb. The draw resistance is just right for me

MagiKStone

Magic Maker
Manufacturer
WHOLY SHIT!

That's what I said to myself after opening the carrying case that held the Odyssey.

I didn't even know the vape came with a whole kit! Case, refillable soft flame lighter, 2 extra screens, cleaning pipes and the AMAZING quality toothpick holder. The amount of times I've looked on etsy for a nice toothpick holder but never bought one...this is the one I'd have bought, and it comes free.

Then the device itself is on a whole other level - we're talking Dan Morrison level craftsmanship. The stone is so beautiful, gold emblem, the intake, the machining is perfect -- and the COIN COVER is so solid and has great weight to it. You just want to hold it all in your hands - especially once the stone warms up WOW.

The thing hits like a charm, EASY light tasty hits or medium. Haven't gone for big hits yet but the vapor has felt pretty damn cool to me so far. Tasty and smooth all the way through, this thing is the butane, stone version of a log vape to me.

Very easy and satisfying to pop open the coin cover and give a quick stir. Nothing wants to fall out of the oven and if it does there's a ledge to catch it so you can push it back in to the basket.

LOVE this thing already, can EASILY be my daily driver at home and should always be left out in plain site, to gaze at, regardless. The Odyssey is already as highly regarded to me as my Dan Morrison Okin and "soon" to be Nomad II will be.

Thanks @MagiKStone for the effort in creating this device, I'm really grateful to have one.
Hey serious, We’re really pleased that you’re really pleased. This is what it’s all about for us. This is the Magic.

For anyone who’s contemplating joining us in the Stone Age, the 420 sale is on through tomorrow.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Also wondering, it says free standard shipping on all orders, but I think it has to be spending over $147 so with the 20% off code end up having to pay for shipping...? I'm still very tempted for odyssey, thinking about going for sapphire or ruby too, but pinching pennies (shipping under $7 and gem is only $5) as I talk myself up n down lol

hoyo77

Also wondering, it says free standard shipping on all orders, but I think it has to be spending over $147 so with the 20% off code end up having to pay for shipping...? I'm still very tempted for odyssey, thinking about going for sapphire or ruby too, but pinching pennies (shipping under $7 and gem is only $5) as I talk myself up n down lol
i am in the same boat my friend...deciding between oydessy and alchemy and that 20% off knocks me out of the free priority shipping but free first class shipping...decisions decisions decsions!!!

Oh well 420 coupon expired...will wait till next sale to get one

Last edited:
hoyo77,

MagiKStone

Magic Maker
Manufacturer
i am in the same boat my friend...deciding between oydessy and alchemy and that 20% off knocks me out of the free priority shipping but free first class shipping...decisions decisions decsions!!!

The coupon is good through 4/23

jamhead

This vape definitely has the cool vibe going with it. Couple questions:
1) what’s the bowl capacity?
2) how is the flavor?
3) not comparing vapes - but I’m also interested in Sticky Brick Jr. - will this one clear a bowl as quickly/intensely or is this more of a sipper?
4) how are the effects?

For reference, I use a dynavap, arizer air and Argo, and a Davinci Miqro which is collecting dust as doesn’t hit strong enough for me.

Thanks!

jamhead,

coolbreeze

This vape definitely has the cool vibe going with it. Couple questions:
1) what’s the bowl capacity?
One basket screen
2) how is the flavor?
Pretty good with the torch
3) not comparing vapes - but I’m also interested in Sticky Brick Jr. - will this one clear a bowl as quickly/intensely or is this more of a sipper?
This would be more like a sipper because of the capacity mostly. I haven't really tried to clear it in few hits, but with technique it could probably be done. The brick just has more capacity.
4) how are the effects?
Great! Pure convection high.
For reference, I use a dynavap, arizer air and Argo, and a Davinci Miqro which is collecting dust as doesn’t hit strong enough for me.

Thanks!

seriousTone

Thanks for posting that - it's been fixed and 420PERCENT should work for you now. The 420 sale will be honored through midnight tonight, and the free shipping (hopefully) will now apply with the discount in place. If not, we'll refund the shipping fee on vape orders placed during the sale period.
Wow, you didn't have to refund my shipping. The price is fair and you're obviously not making extra money from the shipping price, unlike some places employ.

I appreciate it though and I'll be doing more business in the future, thanks again!

I also appreciate the personal note in my package that used my screen name lol.

Shit Snacks

Oh I don't care about priority shipping, I just was hoping for the free first class shipping... I also know I would prefer the Odyssey, and I think I do want a gemstone actually... Price is already so reasonable, but every little bit helps when you really don't have any strong reason for purchase lol so thanks so much @MagiKStone for that little coupon tweak! I think it likely that I'll be pushed over the edge to buy before the day is out ;):brow::nod::D:rockon:

hoyo77

Oh I don't care about priority shipping, I just was hoping for the free first class shipping... I also know I would prefer the Odyssey, and I think I do want a gemstone actually... Price is already so reasonable, but every little bit helps when you really don't have any strong reason for purchase lol so thanks so much @MagiKStone for that little coupon tweak! I think it likely that I'll be pushed over the edge to buy before the day is out ;):brow::nod::D:rockon:
lolololololololol. so thankful for the tweak. had the bad boy in the cart last night while at work and coupon failed. now the internal battle begins odyssey or alchemy. odyssey reminds me of the firefly.

Shit Snacks

odyssey reminds me of the firefly.

Exactly I think that is a huge part of the appeal haha even though I don't like to use torches this way much at all anymore I also do not like using my FF2+ for any other reason so this seems like a fun alternative!

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Shrike

Jimagic

Handmade Smokeless Instruments
Manufacturer
Does the Alchemy kit come with a lighter??
Hey Hoyo, The kit does come with a custom Clipper lighter (you can see the whole kit at magicstone.us )
We're all in on the torch approach now, so we're repositioning the package and waiting on our small custom torches, but obviously you can grab a small torch most anywhere...I'm guessing you have one ;)

I tend to get 3 big hits per fill which gives a very serious high. I hit it twice, stir it and finish big. Because I grow, I don't really try for more because I like a fresh hit - my spent jar looks a lot greener than most vapers I'm sure:leaf: By contrast my partner Kristen is a sipper who likes a Terpy hit with a little vapor and she could hit that all night - six hits or so.

And a quick tip on for the bigger hits - hold the torch higher over the intake - the heat is lower and more dispersed and you use your draw to build the heat more slowly. With a little practice you'll get your technique to build the big tasty hits.

Last edited:

hoyo77

Hey Hoyo, The kit does come with a custom Clipper lighter (you can see the whole kit at magicstone.us )
We're all in on the torch approach now, so we're repositioning the package and waiting on our small custom torches, but obviously you can grab a small torch most anywhere...I'm guessing you have one ;)

I tend to get 3 big hits per fill which gives a very serious high. I hit it twice, stir it and finish big. Because I grow, I don't really try for more because I like a fresh hit - my spent jar looks a lot greener than most vapers I'm sure:leaf: By contrast my partner Kristen is a sipper who likes a Terpy hit with a little vapor and she could hit that all night - six hits or so.

And a quick tip on for the bigger hits - hold the torch higher over the intake - the heat is lower and more dispersed and you use your draw to build the heat more slowly. With a little practice you'll get your technique to build the big tasty hits.
I have a sticky brick and a lotus...so would this vape be similar in approach....breath control and flame distance. Hold the flame a little further that normal and pull slow for terpy hits and possible a bit closer and pull faster for the lung busters??

trying to decide between the options...l like the stem on the alchemy and i know people will make some custom stems for that bad boy and the Odyssey looks like the firefly and i like the design. i got a few hours to decide. lolololololol

Jimagic

Manufacturer
Essentially yes, but I wouldn't bring the flame closer, just draw stronger and a bit longer for the bigger hits. The biggest difference from a MagicStone than any other vape is the legendary, thermal quality of the soapstone. It builds and maintains the heat you apply like nothing else. It's why each consecutive hit will be faster/easier and continuing to hit after the flame will build the hit easier.

Also, rather than just shutting off the flame, try slowly raising it away when you start feeling the appropriate warmth as you continue to draw. It really gives you a simple, intuitive way to control the heat with subtlety - adjusting the strength of draw and the diminishing heat.

hoyo77

I didn't even think of that for the alchemy, could modify to a WPA more easily too...
And you just made my decision for me...thank you sir, thank you very much!!

Essentially yes, but I wouldn't bring the flame closer, just draw stronger and a bit longer for the bigger hits. The biggest difference from a MagicStone than any other vape is the legendary, thermal quality of the soapstone. It builds and maintains the heat you apply like nothing else. It's why each consecutive hit will be faster/easier and continuing to hit after the flame will build the hit easier.

Also, rather than just shutting off the flame, try slowly raising it away when you start feeling the appropriate warmth as you continue to draw. It really gives you a simple, intuitive way to control the heat with subtlety - adjusting the strength of draw and the diminishing heat.
order placed 4465 big thank you for fixing the coupon!!

Jimagic

Manufacturer
Okay, I just took one for the team and did a quick test. This is like my perfect day - rainy day in the mountains, it happens to be Kristen's b-day and we're hanging, drinking bloody mary's, talking magic on FC.

So I put a new basket in my Alchemy and roughly timed a first hit - about 8 sec.
I boosted the flame slightly and started a bit higher, with the warm stone, felt it warming quickly raised as I drew away - maybe about a 5 second light, about 3 second cool air. I got the nice 3 exhale, deep hit.

Very high - thanks for the opportunity to consult. :smug:

Top Bottom