MagicStone Alchemy

Jimagic

Handmade Smokeless Instruments
Manufacturer
Hey Kreator, my apologies for not responding to your post - things have been a bit hectic in magic land and I totally missed it. It's been good hectic though developing both the new Odyssey II and now - Tada, transitioning MagicStone instruments to torch based goodness.

To your points though, what I can say is that after repeated usage, cleaning either the Alchemy or Odyssey is essentially removing any clean kief that will coat the wall of the small stone chamber/oven. other than that, running a white cotton pipe cleaner down the draw line (Odyssey) or mouthpiece (Alchemy) basically returns a white cotton swab with nada, so a thorough cleaning like you describe would be pretty easy.

On the suspicious note, I designed the mouthpiece on the Alchemy, after a classic pipe stem and bit, after studying classic pipe making as a side interest during development. So that aspect would certainly look like you have no ill intent in mind;)

Do you perhaps have some method within the vaporizer’s body to capture "the silent killer” before it reaches the herbs?
Hey Jack, I want to thank you for inspiring our pretty freakin exciting development - the torch based, direct light MagicStone experience.
After our exchange we continued experimenting with different enhanced filtering techniques and one of them led to an input approach.
So I serendipitously decided to pick up a torch...and voila, stone torch vape.

Very long story short, we've evolved the machining and the intake itself and after a couple of weeks of intense (ly good) testing - I'll never use Alchemy or Odyssey any other way again. Virtually no technique - just hold a small torch 1 1/2" or so above the intake and draw. Light tasty hits are quick and big tasty hits are 4 - 6 seconds to heat - and that time decreases quickly in a consecutive session as the stone stays nicely warm and heating time decreases each hit.

Again, thanks for helping us skip right past filtering to blue flame magic. We've been pretty busy making all the changes on our site, etc. and the only thing that hasn't arrived yet are our new MS torch lighters that will be included in every kit.

coolbreeze

Hey Jack, I want to thank you for inspiring our pretty freakin exciting development...and voila, stone torch vape.
This is exciting!

Very long story short, we've evolved the machining and the intake itself and after a couple of weeks of intense (ly good) testing - I'll never use Alchemy or Odyssey any other way again.
Jim, is the evolution of the intake what makes the torch safe, or is it ok to torch the original models as well?

Virtually no technique - just hold a small torch 1 1/2" or so above the intake and draw. Light tasty hits are quick and big tasty hits are 4 - 6 seconds to heat - and that time decreases quickly in a consecutive session as the stone stays nicely warm and heating time decreases each hit.
Tried it with a replacement Odyssey and it works just fine! This is a fantastic development, and I think it'll help people feel a bit better about direct-intake heating with these.

JackDeaniels

Vapor Freak
Hey Jack, I want to thank you for inspiring our pretty freakin exciting development - the torch based, direct light MagicStone experience.
After our exchange we continued experimenting with different enhanced filtering techniques and one of them led to an input approach.
So I serendipitously decided to pick up a torch...and voila, stone torch vape.

Very long story short, we've evolved the machining and the intake itself and after a couple of weeks of intense (ly good) testing - I'll never use Alchemy or Odyssey any other way again. Virtually no technique - just hold a small torch 1 1/2" or so above the intake and draw. Light tasty hits are quick and big tasty hits are 4 - 6 seconds to heat - and that time decreases quickly in a consecutive session as the stone stays nicely warm and heating time decreases each hit.

Again, thanks for helping us skip right past filtering to blue flame magic. We've been pretty busy making all the changes on our site, etc. and the only thing that hasn't arrived yet are our new MS torch lighters that will be included in every kit.
I am positively impressed!
Honestly, I did not think you paid much mind to my concerns, so I thank you for considering this thoughtfully

I’m also glad the performance is better now, this went great :)

Got any pictures for us?

JackDeaniels

Vapor Freak
Jim, is the evolution of the intake what makes the torch safe, or is it ok to torch the original models as well?

Tried it with a replacement Odyssey and it works just fine! This is a fantastic development, and I think it'll help people feel a bit better about direct-intake heating with these.
The torch flame itself, a candle-like flame from a box isn’t safe unless filtered, but a torch light with proper butane should be safe.

As for performance though, the original devices were not made for a torch, so it might combust or harm the device, I bet Jim would have a more practical answer about that

Edit: Oh I just read your third paragraph, glad to see it works on your Odyssey as well, enjoy

JackDeaniels,
Reactions: coolbreeze

VapeKnight

Day Tripper
the torch flame will be a game changer for these vapes and should remove the concerns about using a flame lighter. very exciting !!

Thank you Jim and Kris for your extensive testing :rofl:

Jimagic

Manufacturer
I'm just heading down down to the stone mill on a beautiful spring day. Obviously really pleased that some FCers have already found the torch goodness. And Jack, we were definitely focused on your input and the general FC level of knowledge and experience. It can be daunting here...like being invited on stage to play with (fill in your most impressive band.) ;)

Jimagic

Manufacturer
is the new " flame intake" something that can be retro fitted to existing Odyssey or Alchemy vapes ?
Hey VK, both your Odyssey and Alchemy have the change in machining and intake, so you're good to go. Let me know if there are any issues.

Damn these are so good looking, definitely the type of vape that gets added to my collection!
Hey serious, in case you do want an MS, we're about to announce a Fuck Combustion 420 sale - So I'll announce it to you.
Through next week we're giving FC users 20% off on Alchemy and Odyssey kits and a free Hit Kit.
Just use code: FC20PERCENT

seriousTone

Hey serious, in case you do want an MS, we're about to announce a Fuck Combustion 420 sale - So I'll announce it to you.
Through next week we're giving FC users 20% off on Alchemy and Odyssey kits and a free Hit Kit.
Nice dude thanks!

And is the Odyssey on the website the Odyssey 2, or in other words, are these the versions that can be used with a torch?

simba

@weedanwine
Love the new development to use this with a torch lighter, completely sold now as always loved the look but held back. With the sale as well I've gotta get one 🤤

Edit - 😞 the site only has shipping options for the US and Canada which counts me out.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Is there any photograph that actually shows where the herb is?? I'm guessing that coin comes off and there's a chamber below or something if the heat and take is behind it?? I definitely like the idea and style but I don't think I could handle the short pathway probably (if I were into using this style of torch vape again as well of course)

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Grass Yes

MagiKStone

Magic Maker
Manufacturer
Is there any photograph that actually shows where the herb is?? I'm guessing that coin comes off and there's a chamber below or something if the heat and take is behind it?? I definitely like the idea and style but I don't think I could handle the short pathway probably (if I were into using this style of torch vape again as well of course)
Yes, there is a chamber under the coin cover, and a stainless steel basket filter that holds the herb.

seriousTone

Is there any photograph that actually shows where the herb is??
Literally just coming here to say that I think some photos of the device with the coin off should be on the website; so people can see the basket/oven. Maybe even a picture without any engraving.

Just checked out with an Odyssey, thanks for the code! It was a hard choice between both devices and again between gemstone or not but in the end I figured I want to be hitting straight from the stone and not have acrylic in between; loved the green emerald but I went with plain coin.

Can't wait! Maybe I'll wrap it and my wife can give it to me for my birthday ha.

EDIT: I was trying to figure out what was different about the Odyssey II...I finally noticed - the gold medalian logo instead of the etched logo. NICE, I prefer that detail.

Last edited:
Hi
love these been following it for a while but didnt ship here , can i ask do you ship to Scotland yet was looking at both units ,
or anyway of getting one if not , want to get my 2 savannah babies i lostsnames on them ,
are they much different in performance?
do the work with a torch lighter or just a flame thanks
G

Kreator87

Hey VK, both your Odyssey and Alchemy have the change in machining and intake, so you're good to go. Let me know if there are any issues.

Dang, I should have waited, but I did get my Odyssey II yesterday and really enjoyed it.

MagiKStone

Magic Maker
Manufacturer
Edit - 😞 the site only has shipping options for the US and Canada which counts me out.
Hi Simba, We’re just setting up our international shipping process now. Reach out to us directly at: info@magicstone.us

Is there any photograph that actually shows where the herb is?? I
Hi SS, thanks for your input. We’re just rolling out the Odyssey II and doing photo shoots this week, so we’ll add that to the shoot.

EDIT: I was trying to figure out what was different about the Odyssey II...I finally noticed - the gold medalian logo instead of the etched logo. NICE, I prefer that detail.
Hi seriousT, There a actually a few changes from the Odyssey to Odyssey II. The biggest being a change to the machining/airflow that really adds to control. We also modified the body slightly making it (acknowledged by beta testers) even nicer in hand. And then we wanted to celebrate it all by adding the new forged medalion.

Hi
love these been following it for a while but didnt ship here , can i ask do you ship to Scotland yet was looking at both units ,
or anyway of getting one if not , want to get my 2 savannah babies i lostsnames on them ,
are they much different in performance?
do the work with a torch lighter or just a flame thanks
G
Hey Vaporcat, Regarding shipping, reach out to us at: info@magicstone.us
With the improvements, the new Odyssey II and Alchemy are pretty much identical in performance. The biggest differences in design/aesthetic, and the removable stem and the gemstone cap on the Alchemy.
Yes, they all work with the soft flame and the torch, torch being the recommended approach.

Dang, I should have waited, but I did get my Odyssey II yesterday and really enjoyed it.
Hi Kreator, welcome to the Stone Age! Love that you enjoyed it right off - and you shouldn’t have waited! When we posted the sale, we already planned on making you happy. :party: And you've heard from us by now...

Any plans for europe/canada?
Hi Kokolok… We’re already selling in Canada. Beyond that just reach out to us at “info@”.

And regarding the international shipping thing, the rules are somewhat ambiguous country to country. That said, we’ve been amazed lately at how many MagicStones are showing up in pics and vids on our IG. Several in Vietnam this month and a new retail distributor in Thailand this weekend. So our mission is to spread the magic far and wide. :cheers:

Last edited:
Hi Simba, We’re just setting up our international shipping process now. Reach out to us directly at: info@magicstone.us

Hi SS, thanks for your input. We’re just rolling out the Odyssey II and doing photo shoots this week, so we’ll add that to the shoot.

Hi seriousT, There a actually a few changes from the Odyssey to Odyssey II. The biggest being a change to the machining/airflow that really adds to control. We also modified the body slightly making it (acknowledged by beta testers) even nicer in hand. And then we wanted to celebrate it all by adding the new forged medalion.

With the improvements, the new Odyssey II and Alchemy are pretty much identical in performance. The biggest differences in design/aesthetic, and the removable stem and the gemstone cap on the Alchemy.
Yes, they all work with the soft flame and the torch, torch being the recommended approach.

Hi Kreator, welcome to the Stone Age! Love that you enjoyed it right off - and you shouldn’t have waited! When we posted the sale, we already planned on making you happy. :party: And you've heard from us by now...

Hi Kokolok… We’re already selling in Canada. Beyond that just reach out to us at “info@”.

And regarding the international shipping thing, the rules are somewhat ambiguous country to country. That said, we’ve been amazed lately at how many MagicStones are showing up in pics and vids on our IG. Several in Vietnam this month and a new retail distributor in Thailand this weekend. So our mission is to spread the magic far and wide. :cheers:
Hi thanks ,send you an email through your contact form on your site ,
G

Vapor-catzG,

Kreator87

Thank you for reaching out! Great customer service! Gonna feel that magic again this night while I catch up on Succession 😁. Wish Game Of Thrones was still on, the Magic Stone would really fit the vibe.

seriousTone

HOLY SHIT!

That's what I said to myself after opening the carrying case that held the Odyssey.

I didn't even know the vape came with a whole kit! Case, refillable soft flame lighter, 2 extra screens, cleaning pipes and the AMAZING quality toothpick holder. The amount of times I've looked on etsy for a nice toothpick holder but never bought one...this is the one I'd have bought, and it comes free.

Then the device itself is on a whole other level - we're talking Dan Morrison level craftsmanship. The stone is so beautiful, gold emblem, the intake, the machining is perfect -- and the COIN COVER is so solid and has great weight to it. You just want to hold it all in your hands - especially once the stone warms up WOW.

The thing hits like a charm, EASY light tasty hits or medium. Haven't gone for big hits yet but the vapor has felt pretty damn cool to me so far. Tasty and smooth all the way through, this thing is the butane, stone version of a log vape to me.

Very easy and satisfying to pop open the coin cover and give a quick stir. Nothing wants to fall out of the oven and if it does there's a ledge to catch it so you can push it back in to the basket.

LOVE this thing already, can EASILY be my daily driver at home and should always be left out in plain site, to gaze at, regardless. The Odyssey is already as highly regarded to me as my Dan Morrison Okin and "soon" to be Nomad II will be.

Thanks @MagiKStone for the effort in creating this device, I'm really grateful to have one.

Last edited:
Top Bottom