Induction Heater MAD Heaters - Innovative Dynavap Accessories

FlatLine

I feel like a kid on Christmas. Seriously huge thanks to the ladies and gents over at Mad Heaters! Found some very nice surprises in my package and I'm absolutely ecstatic. Pictures below include some things from this order combined with some things from my previous order (and a cap that I got direct from Dynavap). I am super impressed with everything. It all looks beautiful and seems to function great. It's amazing how different the stem looks depending on the angle and lighting (the pics are all of the same stem in different configurations - metal vs glass sleeve). Definitely will be putting in another order when the Reload V2 comes out!

I'm still trying to figure out what configuration will suit me best for the Revolve V2. Any tips or thoughts are always appreciated! I almost exclusively pair to a water piece with a whip (mix of dry or with Gatorade) and use the Wand for heating.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I feel like a kid on Christmas. Seriously huge thanks to the ladies and gents over at Mad Heaters! Found some very nice surprises in my package and I'm absolutely ecstatic. Pictures below include some things from this order combined with some things from my previous order (and a cap that I got direct from Dynavap). I am super impressed with everything. It all looks beautiful and seems to function great. It's amazing how different the stem looks depending on the angle and lighting (the pics are all of the same stem in different configurations - metal vs glass sleeve). Definitely will be putting in another order when the Reload V2 comes out!

I'm still trying to figure out what configuration will suit me best for the Revolve V2. Any tips or thoughts are always appreciated! I almost exclusively pair to a water piece with a whip (mix of dry or with Gatorade) and use the Wand for heating.

Damn, dude, nice haul! Very cool...

cybrguy,
Reactions: FlatLine

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Mine was apparently dropped off the same day but hasn't moved and is still in Bristol (according to tracking). I don't doubt for a second that Royal Mail is still having delays so I will just wait as patiently as I can and keep using my V1.
Weird. Mine never moved and is showing that it was accepted again today, so I'm guessing it wasn't dropped off on the 26th after all. Got a lung biopsy coming up next week so if it doesn't come soon it may be a while before I get to try it out. Oh well, time will tell.

Do we have a shipping thread for MadHeaters? I should probably be in there.

cybrguy,

Brenyo

Manufacturer
Weird. Mine never moved and is showing that it was accepted again today, so I'm guessing it wasn't dropped off on the 26th after all. Got a lung biopsy coming up next week so if it doesn't come soon it may be a while before I get to try it out. Oh well, time will tell.

Do we have a shipping thread for MadHeaters? I should probably be in there.
RM got it on the 26th and now it's leaving the UK today. The next update should happen within 4-7 days that it arrived to the US.

Brenyo,
Reactions: cybrguy

floribud

I got a G1 which I never use (gets too hot too quickly) but thought about getting a G2 when i saw they had factory seconds... BUT 33 pounds to ship to the US? Is that right? Did I miss something?

Dabberhashery

electrobubblerizer
Doesn't sound too expensive to me, in comparison several US vendors are charging $60 to the UK... and in the UK we have to pay VAT at 20% plus 3.2% duty on the shipping as well as the items.

You could say I'm in the same position just in reverse... plus tax :whoa:

I'd really like to try an anvil bowl with the USA adaptor on the Revolve V2 but put off by the price and expensive shipping so if this pain shines through in this post then its not you, its me :rofl:

Brenyo

Manufacturer
I got a G1 which I never use (gets too hot too quickly) but thought about getting a G2 when i saw they had factory seconds... BUT 33 pounds to ship to the US? Is that right? Did I miss something?
I'm the one who missed something, sorry! :doh: USPS should be available again.
I can recommend a 12mm glass or the wood sleeve for the G1 so it won't get as hot.

acstorfer

Take My Money Dammit!
Okay, I've had my beta with the standard titanium stem for quite a while, and have gotten to really experience the wood and glass sleeves I got with my version 2 for a few weeks now. I thought I would share my thoughts on them.

The standard titanium stem was for me a big improvement on the v1 for mainly 2 reasons. I liked the feel of the increase in mass. It was similar to how I felt with the simrell vortex to mvs. It just feels great to me with the added mass. It's like in Jurassic Park when the lawyer dude told the kid if it's heavy it's expensive. The second biggie for me is the unmissable craters to help me find the airport at night. I often vape just to the light of a TV or my smartphone. Being able to find the airport in darkness is huge for me. I was never really bothered by the heat on the V1, but I can see why it bothers some. I do think the V2 helped address it. It can still get quite hot depending on the setting, but I guess I never notice because I don't have a natural hold on anywhere really that hot.

The wood stem is what I've been using primarily since I got it. In fact I'll be ordering a wood stem for my beta version in the near future as well. It doesn't get anything past comfortably warm on any setting. It has a very organic and comfortable feel to it as well. The same attention was paid to the air port as well. Honestly, the only reasons I wouldn't recommend the wood sleeve over the titanium is if someone is dead set on not spending the money on it, hates wood, really wants the option of throwing in an iso bath to clean, or wants to use the glass stem. I think it's just so warm and comfortable to hold it is my favorite.

The glass stem is meant for 2 types of people. The first major thing regarding the glass stem is the very significant flavor improvement. With the titanium and wood stems the flavor was really the only thing not earning the Revolve top marks. The glass stem brings it up a lot in that regard. If you're doing it for flavor it is pretty important to keep it clean. I mention this because of the second reason the glass stem is quite phenomenal really. Ironically it goes against keeping it clean and having superior flavor. The second reason is for the reclaim. I went six days of going against my anal compulsive need to clean my Revolve because of the yummy yummy reclaim.

I clean my stuff every day compulsively. It was hell not cleaning for 6 days. I have to admit, it was worth it. That reclaim fucked me up. It was very easy to scrape out. It filled up my half pack, and it took me hours and hours and hours to kill. I would probably only use the glass stems, but I do break nice things. The larger diameter glass stem that came out does really look like an improvement though. It is also worth mentioning the glass doesn't get hot. It's not quite as cool as the wood, but it is much closer to the coolness of the wood versus the heat of the titanium.

So, I still reach for my wood stem, but I wish I was more relaxed using the glass. I shouldn't be bothered. They are actually very reasonably priced, but still.

tinctorus

Accessory Maker
Yeah I paid more than that when I ordered the mega globe and cage because it was like 30 bucks just for the stupid vat charge

tinctorus,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Okay, I've had my beta with the standard titanium stem for quite a while, and have gotten to really experience the wood and glass sleeves I got with my version 2 for a few weeks now. I thought I would share my thoughts on them.

The standard titanium stem was for me a big improvement on the v1 for mainly 2 reasons. I liked the feel of the increase in mass. It was similar to how I felt with the simrell vortex to mvs. It just feels great to me with the added mass. It's like in Jurassic Park when the lawyer dude told the kid if it's heavy it's expensive. The second biggie for me is the unmissable craters to help me find the airport at night. I often vape just to the light of a TV or my smartphone. Being able to find the airport in darkness is huge for me. I was never really bothered by the heat on the V1, but I can see why it bothers some. I do think the V2 helped address it. It can still get quite hot depending on the setting, but I guess I never notice because I don't have a natural hold on anywhere really that hot.

The wood stem is what I've been using primarily since I got it. In fact I'll be ordering a wood stem for my beta version in the near future as well. It doesn't get anything past comfortably warm on any setting. It has a very organic and comfortable feel to it as well. The same attention was paid to the air port as well. Honestly, the only reasons I wouldn't recommend the wood sleeve over the titanium is if someone is dead set on not spending the money on it, hates wood, really wants the option of throwing in an iso bath to clean, or wants to use the glass stem. I think it's just so warm and comfortable to hold it is my favorite.

The glass stem is meant for 2 types of people. The first major thing regarding the glass stem is the very significant flavor improvement. With the titanium and wood stems the flavor was really the only thing not earning the Revolve top marks. The glass stem brings it up a lot in that regard. If you're doing it for flavor it is pretty important to keep it clean. I mention this because of the second reason the glass stem is quite phenomenal really. Ironically it goes against keeping it clean and having superior flavor. The second reason is for the reclaim. I went six days of going against my anal compulsive need to clean my Revolve because of the yummy yummy reclaim.

I clean my stuff every day compulsively. It was hell not cleaning for 6 days. I have to admit, it was worth it. That reclaim fucked me up. It was very easy to scrape out. It filled up my half pack, and it took me hours and hours and hours to kill. I would probably only use the glass stems, but I do break nice things. The larger diameter glass stem that came out does really look like an improvement though. It is also worth mentioning the glass doesn't get hot. It's not quite as cool as the wood, but it is much closer to the coolness of the wood versus the heat of the titanium.

So, I still reach for my wood stem, but I wish I was more relaxed using the glass. I shouldn't be bothered. They are actually very reasonably priced, but still.
Nice review. Thanks.

chillmike

Final review is coming... would've been sooner but gotta super sick all January. thankfully that's over, and i can finally catch up on everything that i've got lined up (and truthfully, has gotten backed up lol) for release on my channel. lotsa good ones coming, but this final Revolve review is gonna be quite the doozy, and a very special one that will be a great bookend to my entire journey so far, and why this company is uniquely and innovatively special in this industry and how it's philosophy (if adopted by other companies in the space), could rapidly and overwhelmingly evolve the entire industry and community in such a gargantuan way, and i feel like the full story finally needs to be told and laid out on the table for everyone to truly understand... can't wait for everyone to see it... stay tuned. (this has been a long time coming...) 😊

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Look forward to your review. My Gen2 is bouncing around my local post offices, likely to be delivered on Monday. Can't wait...

acstorfer

Take My Money Dammit!
I feel so stupid. After discovering how stupid I am for not using a glass stem and not taking advantage of the reclaim all of this time, I finally tried the condenser screen. After about 36 hours it was too clogged to go on. I popped it out and put it into the bowl with a really light pack. I can finally focus enough to write this. The screen wasn't dirty. It was just completely covered in very translucent reclaim. Yeah, the screen is very very very worthwhile.

* In case anyone is interested while looking for a new screen for the tip I came across some old Gen 1 condenser screens. I was curious so I tried one in the tip. It fit and works perfectly. I haven't tried with a Gen II screen and I'll need to order more before I try them for that. Anyway, a 3 pack of stainless steel ccd's from Dynavap for $7.00 or a 10 pack of MH's screens for £1.25?

With Sneaky Pete half bowl converter

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
So, USPS got it's act together over the weekend and delivered my Gen2 today. What a gorgeous piece of kit! I don't normally indulge this early but I couldn't help myself. Cleaned out the air and vapor paths (no noticeable darkening of the isoed Q-tip) and fired it up with the native Ti stem for a few sample hits. Noticeably cooler vapor then the gen1, and way prettier. I suspect the glass will cool it another step or 2. Too bad I don't have a shiny new tip and cap to go along with it. Actually, I may have a shiny cap around somewhere for it's next picture...

I am already happy even before playing with all the options. The honeymoon begins...
Gen2.jpg

OGablogian

AKA Probeer
Final review is coming... would've been sooner but gotta super sick all January. thankfully that's over, and i can finally catch up on everything that i've got lined up (and truthfully, has gotten backed up lol) for release on my channel. lotsa good ones coming, but this final Revolve review is gonna be quite the doozy, and a very special one that will be a great bookend to my entire journey so far, and why this company is uniquely and innovatively special in this industry and how it's philosophy (if adopted by other companies in the space), could rapidly and overwhelmingly evolve the entire industry and community in such a gargantuan way, and i feel like the full story finally needs to be told and laid out on the table for everyone to truly understand... can't wait for everyone to see it... stay tuned. (this has been a long time coming...) 😊

Please let us know when its up. Would love to watch/read it.

I feel so stupid. After discovering how stupid I am for not using a glass stem and not taking advantage of the reclaim all of this time, I finally tried the condenser screen. After about 36 hours it was too clogged to go on. I popped it out and put it into the bowl with a really light pack. I can finally focus enough to write this. The screen wasn't dirty. It was just completely covered in very translucent reclaim. Yeah, the screen is very very very worthwhile.

* In case anyone is interested while looking for a new screen for the tip I came across some old Gen 1 condenser screens. I was curious so I tried one in the tip. It fit and works perfectly. I haven't tried with a Gen II screen and I'll need to order more before I try them for that. Anyway, a 3 pack of stainless steel ccd's from Dynavap for $7.00 or a 10 pack of MH's screens for £1.25?

I just made stemmilkshake. Can recommend. A lot.

Nice tip on the tip-screen. Any noticeable changes in airflow?

OGablogian,
Reactions: cybrguy

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
While the internal cooling unit (is that its name?) is not as colorful as the stem itself, it is still quite lovely through glass. And it is cooler to hold, though that means it is capturing less heat.
Rainbow-w-glass.jpg

And even the plain Maple stem makes it look quite handsome, and much cooler to hold.
Wood-stem.jpg

I have a blue wood stem as well (Thanks Brenyo) but I haven't dressed it in that yet.

I haven't decided which tip to mate with it generally, but I think it will be the Vong tip. The wood pic has the omni tip.

Petetbay

I’m loving my Gen 2 Revolve in the glass stem. The new thicker glass stems are great and I can’t get enough of them. Thnx to @Brenyo for the discounts and freebies in the order as well as the blue-maple stem to replace the cracked maple which he also included. Always keeping his customers happy, good job. :bowdown:

My Revolve family pic with 2 Gen 1 and the blue Gen 2 in glass plus some Frankenstein hybrids all running Revolve stems wood, Ti and glass.

Top Bottom