• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Induction Heater MAD Heaters - Innovative Dynavap Accessories

Blacksad

Yesterday I finally managed to break the glass body of my Revolve. It happened when I tried to remove the tip, some glass pieces just left on the tip's o-rings. It was used only once after cleaning and it was always really hard to assemble/disassemble my Revolve. Thankfully, I've got another glass body, but maybe you've got any advice how not to break it again? Maybe I should use some lubricant for the o-rings?

And here are my top 3 requests to fix for the glass V2:
1. Make it harder to break
2. Make it easier to assemble/disassemble
3. Fix the carb hole leak in closed position

Blacksad,

OGablogian

AKA Probeer
I find that removing the tip is easier after you used it and its still warm. Dunno of it's the reclaim getting warm and less glue-like, or the glass expanding, or the o-rings softening up, but its easier.

Plus, most important, always remove in a gentle twisting and pulling motion. Never wiggle.

Perhaps a good idea to put that warning in bold letters / in a bigger font / in one of those gray boxes in the v2 manual.

Blacksad

That’s the main thing you can do, just like all Vapcaps.
Never used a lubricant on any of my vapcaps, can you suggest a descent one? The dynawax doesn't seem like something we cannot replace with something local to save the delivery costs.
I find that removing the tip is easier after you used it and its still warm. Dunno of it's the reclaim getting warm and less glue-like, or the glass expanding, or the o-rings softening up, but its easier.
You're right, but I didn't want to use that tip yesterday, so I used the tissue to get more grip on the body and pulled the tip with my bare hands. I wasn't expecting to break the glass body that way as I was even using pliers to pull the tip and mouthpiece previously with no issues. Maybe next time I'll just warm the empty tip with an IH, when it gets stuck like that

Blacksad,

OGablogian

AKA Probeer
Yesterday I finally managed to break the glass body of my Revolve. It happened when I tried to remove the tip, some glass pieces just left on the tip's o-rings. It was used only once after cleaning and it was always really hard to assemble/disassemble my Revolve. Thankfully, I've got another glass body, but maybe you've got any advice how not to break it again? Maybe I should use some lubricant for the o-rings?

1. Glass will be thicker, and given the quality will stay the same, thus harder to break. From 1.5mm to 2mm thickness.
2. Cant rly comment on that one. There's the click-in-reclaim-filter, which should make that part a bit easier to (dis)assemble? But there's also the extra mini-helix-intercooler thingy. Which adds an extra part to (dis)assemble.
3. Cant find the specific picture of the v2 beta, but i noticed that the helix-part is slightly thicker around the airhole, which should (mostly) eliminate air leakage. Props for the low tolerances on that one.

Ow and; beeswax and a neutral food-safe oil, ppl usually go for a 50/50-ish mixture, heat up au bain marie, stir, cool.

Brenyo

Manufacturer

As @OGablogian said it's because of the reclaim unfortunately, it really glues the tip in place after a while. When it's clean you should be able to fit and remove the tip no problem. Heating it up a bit is best if you don't want to clean it, otherwise just soak it with the tip.

The Gen 2 will seal better in closed mode but it's not perfectly airtight still. The glass will provide the best seal on the Gen 2 in most cases depending on the individual diameter / tolerance.

Never used a lubricant on any of my vapcaps, can you suggest a descent one? The dynawax doesn't seem like something we cannot replace with something local to save the delivery costs.
I don't recommend it with the glass, without reclaim it can slip out too easily if you're decapping.

Pepeluis33

I've also broken several of them. Now I'm really carefully and following these tips haven't broken it anymore (fingers crossed).
- Remember: only use pull and twist actions to remove it, NEVER try to move the tip side-to-side when removing it from the glass body, it might break it even at slightest movement. If the Tip is too tight, try either by warming the area a bit (e.g. having a session, torching a bit) or soaking the glass with the Tip in isopropyl alcohol or warm water for some minutes, then pull and twist.
- If you use the MH o-rings, then use the green o-rings instead of the black ones, are thinner so tip doesn't fit too tight.

Brenyo

Manufacturer
I’ve been gone awhile. What’s the latest on the induction heater?
I've started redesigning it for 2x21700 a couple weeks ago, however I also started working on a new product shortly after.
This new product will need full compatibilty with the IH so I'll have to wait for a prototype before I can continue... which means delays once again. :(

sukhda

I've started redesigning it for 2x21700 a couple weeks ago, however I also started working on a new product shortly after.
This new product will need full compatibilty with the IH so I'll have to wait for a prototype before I can continue... which means delays once again. :(
Is the Gen 2 Revolve still planned for September? And if so any indication of when we're likely to see it?

Only asking because I'm heading back out to Amsterdam the first week of October and Amsterdam always hits different when I've got a new toy to play with out there 😀

Brenyo

Manufacturer
Is the Gen 2 Revolve still planned for September? And if so any indication of when we're likely to see it?

Only asking because I'm heading back out to Amsterdam the first week of October and Amsterdam always hits different when I've got a new toy to play with out there 😀
We seem to be on time with the stems but the wood sleeve and glass might be a bit late and I'll have to wait for those as well. I think the early orders could be shipped by the end of September.

A few more beta color samples (just some of them will be available)

Last edited:

sukhda

Wow some tough decisions are coming with those colours!

Well I'll definitely be getting an order in as soon as they're available, so maybe I'll get lucky before I go away. But I have my current gen stem, so no big deal if dates slip.

sukhda,
Reactions: Brenyo

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
wars doesnt GIF

Oh my! ;)

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
I just had to use the OG black Ti-body for my first Dark Devil tasting!
Set up with the Revolve 1.5 cooling unit/mouthpiece for extra smooth and perfectly cool vapor!

As usual the Revolve delivers the goods in a tasty and classy fashion!
Been using the 1.5 as main DD lately and it has been nothing but great.
The new cooling spiral looks stunning and cleans like a charm. I like using it with the glass stem just so i can admire it whilst toking away!
But also: the new Ti body looks and feels ultra smooth, i often find myself holding on to it after a bowl just because it feels so comfortable in the hand, just love spinning it for no reason but the joy of spinning! :lol:
Biggest gripe: having to choose how i set it up: glass or Ti... I'll just need more! LoL
Anyone out there awaiting the Revolve 2.0 in anticipation? Me too!!

A few more beta color samples (just some of them will be available)

They look stunning!!! Pretty as a picture!
The hard part is going to be choosing the colors... I'm afraid i'll want them all...
:ko:
:ko:

however I also started working on a new product shortly after.
This new product will need full compatibilty with the IH so I'll have to wait for a prototype before I can continue...

Even if this means a delay for the sense this is very exciting news imo!!
Can't wait to see what you are working on!
Curiosity and fantasy are playing mindgames on me now! I bet it's going to be sweet!
Can i be on the pre-order list for it? ;)

OGablogian

AKA Probeer
Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
The one problem I have been having with my Revolve 1.0 is that it tends to tighten up and become very hard to turn to adjust the airflow, especially after it is used for a while and allowed to cool. I suspect that the knurling of the version 2 makes it much easier to grab and therefore to turn to adjust this. The good news is once set one may not need to change the airflow often. I tend to set it and leave it.
If I do need/want to change it it is probably time for a cleaning anyway and that will loosen it up...

Brenyo

Manufacturer
The one problem I have been having with my Revolve 1.0 is that it tends to tighten up and become very hard to turn to adjust the airflow, especially after it is used for a while and allowed to cool. I suspect that the knurling of the version 2 makes it much easier to grab and therefore to turn to adjust this.

This took some time to figure out unfortunately...
On Gen1 the end of the spiral is tapered, I was hoping this will be enough so it won't lock in too bad as that's where most of the residue / reclaim build up is. Unfortunately it's creeping up much further and going around the airport as well.
Also because of this taper the cooling unit started moving a lot more in the outer sleeve which made the closed option leak more air.

The new adjustment ring / knurling does help a great deal, but it's just part of the solution. The Gen 2 beta can still get tightened up but it's not nearly as bad, however if the o-ring or it's groove gets sticky then it won't be too smooth again. This could be an issue if you're using the reclaim mesh as when you're re-inserting the cooler it's very hard to avoid.

The new o-ring slots on the Gen 2 will solve this, I'm already testing a pre-production model - now the o-rings will be able to turn between the Cooling Unit and the o-ring, not just / mainly between the o-ring and the outer sleeve (if that makes sense). Pushing in or removing the CU and the airflow tubes will be very smooth now.
The spiral won't move within the sleeve either and there is a raised ring around the airport on the CU. The combination of these made the closed option much more closed and even if the reclaim starts building up there it won't be able to stick as much because of the extra space between the CU and the inner sleeve wall above and below this raised ring.

You could try using just one green (green is softer) o-ring on the CU, place it in the slot closer to the spiral, it'll help a little.

I've sent out 20 giveaway gen 2 betas early this week, they should start arriving to the US next week.
I didn't notify anyone so the wait is easier for the customers who won :D

New reviews since early this week will enter the next beta giveaway around the end of the year.

Last edited:

OGablogian

AKA Probeer
This took some time to figure out unfortunately...
On Gen1 the end of the spiral is tapered, I was hoping this will be enough so it won't lock in too bad as that's where most of the residue / reclaim build up is. Unfortunately it's creeping up much further and going around the airport as well.
Also because of this taper the cooling unit started moving a lot more in the outer sleeve which made the closed option leak more air.

The new adjustment ring / knurling does help a great deal, but it's just part of the solution. The Gen 2 beta can still get tightened up but it's not nearly as bad, however if the o-ring or it's groove gets sticky then it won't be too smooth again. This could be an issue if you're using the reclaim mesh as when you're re-inserting the cooler it's very hard to avoid.

The new o-ring slots on the Gen 2 will solve this, I'm already testing a pre-production model - now the o-rings will be able to turn between the Cooling Unit and the o-ring, not just / mainly between the o-ring and the outer sleeve (if that makes sense). Pushing in or removing the CU and the airflow tubes will be very smooth now.
The spiral won't move within the sleeve either and there is a raised ring around the airport on the CU. The combination of these made the closed option much more closed and even if the reclaim starts building up there it won't be able to stick as much because of the extra space between the CU and the inner sleeve wall above and below this raised ring.

You could try using just one green (green is softer) o-ring on the CU, place it in the slot closer to the spiral, it'll help a little.

Never saw it as much of a problem, more of an incentive to clean a bit more often. The green rings do help indeed, and a bit of hot water (or 1-2 big hits) loosen stuff up. But good to hear that you've taken it into account in the gen2, and crafted an improvement.

I've sent out 20 giveaway gen 2 betas early this week, they should start arriving to the US next week.
I didn't notify anyone so the wait is easier for the customers who won :D

New reviews since early this week will enter the next beta giveaway around the end of the year.

Cool way of surprising ppl :) Hope all the receivers will be excited. GLHF in advance.

Also, im curious .. which new finishes you yourself like best? I think the more orange rainbow is an improvement over the more purple one, and the gold one really pops. Are they all PVD coated, or some anodized?

I think I've dreamt about this top last night. It's just so pretty. Almost too pretty to vape. Would love for Dutch shops to sell more of the purple stuff. The strain is called dark devil you say? Never heard about it, how does it taste? Sativa? Indica?

Anyone out there awaiting the Revolve 2.0 in anticipation?

Most definitely

OGablogian

AKA Probeer
I love my Gen 1 revolve so much, I can't wait to snag a Gen 2. I've been hounding this page and Instagram for some sort of announcement of when we can order.

I'm banking on @Brenyo putting out a newsletter for all who signed up for it at the madheaters site, when he's gonna start the (pre-)sale?

OGablogian,
Reactions: Jozin88

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
I think I've dreamt about this top last night. It's just so pretty. Almost too pretty to vape. Would love for Dutch shops to sell more of the purple stuff. The strain is called dark devil you say? Never heard about it, how does it taste? Sativa? Indica?

LoL, must have been a nice dream! :lol:
The plant itself was a real stunner, its red and blue color made it really pop out amongst the green ladies. A true pleasure to see it grow and flower. Almost felt sorry to cut it down.
Just had the one plant for tryout but will get more next year, if only for the looks!
Yeah, strain is Dark Devil (by sweet seeds), it's slightly sativa dominant (55% or so). Curing it now (looks amazing in a jar!) but had a pre-taste ofcourse ;)It's still a bit rough on the throat now (being so fresh) but a cure will fix that for sure!
Taste is fruity with incense/wood undertones. Reminds me of how some churches smell (the woodwork and typical incense).
Devil represent!! :evil:
Tasty, fluffy clouds and good head high when vaped!
However you have to be aware: When you bowl it it kinda looks like ABV already before you even start vaping so any visual checking is unreliable. You have to trust your feel to judge when it's time to reload! :lol:
First overall impression: recommend!

OGablogian

AKA Probeer
LoL, must have been a nice dream! :lol:
The plant itself was a real stunner, its red and blue color made it really pop out amongst the green ladies. A true pleasure to see it grow and flower. Almost felt sorry to cut it down.
Just had the one plant for tryout but will get more next year, if only for the looks!
Yeah, strain is Dark Devil (by sweet seeds), it's slightly sativa dominant (55% or so). Curing it now (looks amazing in a jar!) but had a pre-taste ofcourse ;)It's still a bit rough on the throat now (being so fresh) but a cure will fix that for sure!
Taste is fruity with incense/wood undertones. Reminds me of how some churches smell (the woodwork and typical incense).
Devil represent!! :evil:
Tasty, fluffy clouds and good head high when vaped!
However you have to be aware: When you bowl it it kinda looks like ABV already before you even start vaping so any visual checking is unreliable. You have to trust your feel to judge when it's time to reload! :lol:
First overall impression: recommend!

Thanks for the review, I'll keep that strain in mind :D Rly wish that I had the option to grow my own bud here. Perhaps someday ..

And the revolve enables my lungs to clear bowls in one hit anyways (cant do that with an M/omni/vong without a 1min cough attack), so no need for checking the roast-ness of my weed inbetween hits ;)

Top Bottom