JCVAP "Pockety"

AlphaDeltaF1

So I saw this in my vape perusing rabbit holes last week and thought it looked interesting
I've bought lots of accessories from jcvap over the years but hadn't seen them make their own vape
I did know they had been making 3d attys for the peak pro for a while
Well they decided to make a mod to go with the atty I guess
They openly say that it has been designed after studying the Carta 2 and peak pro tech and then creating their own introduction to the market

It has 3d chamber like the pro with the same temp sensor heat control
From the limited reviews on the chamber's when used on a pro I saw ppl say they took slightly longer to heat up but had slightly better vapour production
There are no reviews yet on the pockety
They have ruby, aln, sic quartz and Ti buckets
And some atty that is meant for herb - although I haven't yet met a dual purpose rig that does both well - usually only one at a time gets the goods and the other is secondary

I like the look of this device (not astheticly lol) but thought people would be more interested in a lesser known brand if the entry price was more competitive, I also think removable batteries would make it more enticing

Anyway I messaged jcvap randomly to mention some of these points (really hoping to get a discount code to try for myself)
I mentioned the battery door - he said that would mean making the base bigger and he didn't seem keen, he did say he would think about it
I also mentioned the price maybe being a little high for an entry level device with less name branding behind it - he didn't really reply to this
And lastly I said maybe if he had some decent discount codes that would get vapers to buy one and try it that word of mouth may also help him

I didn't expect a lot from my messages but he did reply today about the battery door as I mentioned and he actually also agreed to give me some codes
I was surprised at how many he gave me
Anyway, I'm keen at the lower price to try one and if anyone else is interested I'm allowed to share the codes

So he said these codes are valid from today until November 11
There are 25 codes all up so it's first in best dressed I guess
He gave us 50% off codes !!

So from now until November 11 using the code flnflx-50 you get half off a pockety
That's 122.50 for quartz or Ti dish up to $165 for a ruby before post (sic and aln priced in between)

I am not a rep or affiliated in any way
I just hit them up and made some suggestions and this was the result
I'm happy as I can get to try peak pro style temp sensor tech at a discounted price for a short period
I don't get anything from these codes either - this isn't a paid code thing like critics and reviewers get
I just get a cheap unit also

Feel free to take advantage or not
Happy vaping all
Or happy dabbing hahaa
Hope some people get a bargain and some enjoyment from this post
I was happy as larry when I got the message today 😊

EDIT
The codes work for your full cart
So if you buy one with an aln and then add a ruby insert for example they will all be 50% off

Happy dabbing all

Based on the reviews here I couldn’t resist at this price point. In for a ALN unit, thanks OP!

Looking forward to getting my hands on one and sharing my thoughts here.

Happy dabs all

Last edited:

felvapes

Based on the reviews here I couldn’t resist at this price point. In for a ALN unit, thanks OP!

Looking forward to getting my hands on one and sharing my thoughts here.

Happy dabs all
I hope you enjoy it as much as me mate

There's now only 2 codes left of flnflx-50
Use them up and if they are all gone when you try then there are 25 left of the Adubs-50 (or maybe adubs-50)
@DankNug can confirm the caps or not

They all end on November 11
A few more people should have them soon and be able to give their user feedback for those that are waiting for more people's opinion

I usually rock a ball vape a lot of the day, I've been dabbing that much playing with this that I had to do another squish of rosin and haven't had the baller running near as often as usual lol
Fun testing for science sake of course....

80Sixed

Alright!

Got my ruby unit yesterday, put maybe ten or so dabs through it, and here are some preliminary thoughts.

•ruby seemingly needs to be much hotter to perform the same way as say the core 2.0 with the v5 in it.

•I haven’t found the temperature that gives me my bb sized dab in one hit yet. For comparison, this would be the white setting on the core 2.0, being 465f. Currently running at 555f and getting about two full pulls.

• as I ramp up the heat, I notice VERY little degradation in flavor. Maybe it’s the ruby, but either way something to note.

•noticed you can preset four different levels, so as of now I have the first level set to about 465f for flavorful pulls, and still dialing in any other numbers.

So far not unhappy, but thoroughly unimpressed. The core 2.0 is roughly the same price as this unit is HALF OFF and out performs the Pockety straight out of the box. The flavor is not in any way noticeably better than the ceramic in the v5 with no insert.

Will update!

felvapes

Alright!

Got my ruby unit yesterday, put maybe ten or so dabs through it, and here are some preliminary thoughts.

•ruby seemingly needs to be much hotter to perform the same way as say the core 2.0 with the v5 in it.

•I haven’t found the temperature that gives me my bb sized dab in one hit yet. For comparison, this would be the white setting on the core 2.0, being 465f. Currently running at 555f and getting about two full pulls.

• as I ramp up the heat, I notice VERY little degradation in flavor. Maybe it’s the ruby, but either way something to note.

•noticed you can preset four different levels, so as of now I have the first level set to about 465f for flavorful pulls, and still dialing in any other numbers.

So far not unhappy, but thoroughly unimpressed. The core 2.0 is roughly the same price as this unit is HALF OFF and out performs the Pockety straight out of the box. The flavor is not in any way noticeably better than the ceramic in the v5 with no insert.

Will update!
Ruby will never perform in the same way as other surfaces
It is a flavour surface
Sic and ALN have better performance

This rig isn't designed to hit it in one go like a slurper does though
It produces clouds for a number of draws at least, usually a one minute sesh - can be more

I hope you manage to get it working for you, this totally isn't my and others experience though, out the box it smashed with ease

Unless this is the ruby - I will report back when I get mine and can compare it to my other dishes

@chillmike owns a v5 and this and he loves the pockety - he still says he likes his v5 but has been loving the pockety in conversations I've had so far with him
Hopefully he can give some of his comparison feedback too

The only possibility off the top of my head is the ruby - which is known to be less performance for more taste
I'll see when mine arrives

The puffco peak pro will disappoint you too though if you expect a one hit machine - this is a session machine and has always been likened to that (was designed around it)
I do like one hit devices sometimes (usually it's a slurper banger for me here)
This is a different experience and design

I was one who chased one hit draws before
@LesPlenty would tell me about the peak pro and session dabs
I understand it more now I own this and it's quality dabbing

But I don't have my ruby yet so I'll see

EDIT
also using sic which has good heat transfer and performance I have not gone lower than 480 so can't compare there - but sic vs ruby this is something to note too - and the ruby appears a lot thicker in pics compared to the sic I have here (probably to deal with the thermal shock ruby can suffer from, but this will hinder performance)

I will say yours is the first ruby feedback I've seen so there's that too

Last edited:

CaptBongRipper

Life goes on, man...
Now it says coupon usage limit reached when I try to use that code. Maybe he didn't want a bunch of people getting that deal?
Reply to old post., but code works as of a few minutes ago. Now I am deciding whether to get one or not, hence my going through this thread from the beginning.

Reason is I am a stoner going back to the days of "That 70's show." Class of 79 represent! Anyway, tons of weed experience, but almost zero when it comes to dabs unless you count the hash I hot-knived decades ago. But thanks to Sneaky Pete, Troy and Jerrry, Crewpins, etc, I'm intrigued.

My issue is I don't know where to start! I don't want to get something cheap and end up upgrading shortly thereafter, but I also don't want to spend a ton of dough on something I may or may not like. The JCVAP Pockety WITH that discount seems like a good compromise.

Oh, and FYI: I bought a Tinymight 2 the day of launch and still totally in love. BUT that was a good chunk of change I spent not quite two months ago. The wife will probably give me a ration of sh*t if I buy another, but solution there is not to tell her up front that I am buying a new vape and then lie about the cost when she asked about it.

Side note: That backfired when she admitted how pretty the wood looks on the TM2 and she found out the real cost when she was helping me look for wood protection beeswax later...

Season 3 Mistake GIF by The Simpsons

Still on page one of this thread and I might get my answer as I go further down, but any thoughts/suggestions on what I should look for now would be welcome!

80Sixed

Ruby will never perform in the same way as other surfaces
It is a flavour surface
Sic and ALN have better performance

This rig isn't designed to hit it in one go like a slurper does though
It produces clouds for a number of draws at least, usually a one minute sesh - can be more

I hope you manage to get it working for you, this totally isn't my and others experience though, out the box it smashed with ease

Unless this is the ruby - I will report back when I get mine and can compare it to my other dishes

@chillmike owns a v5 and this and he loves the pockety - he still says he likes his v5 but has been loving the pockety in conversations I've had so far with him
Hopefully he can give some of his comparison feedback too

The only possibility off the top of my head is the ruby - which is known to be less performance for more taste
I'll see when mine arrives

The puffco peak pro will disappoint you too though if you expect a one hit machine - this is a session machine and has always been likened to that (was designed around it)
I do like one hit devices sometimes (usually it's a slurper banger for me here)
This is a different experience and design

I was one who chased one hit draws before
@LesPlenty would tell me about the peak pro and session dabs
I understand it more now I own this and it's quality dabbing

But I don't have my ruby yet so I'll see

EDIT
also using sic which has good heat transfer and performance I have not gone lower than 480 so can't compare there - but sic vs ruby this is something to note too - and the ruby appears a lot thicker in pics compared to the sic I have here (probably to deal with the thermal shock ruby can suffer from, but this will hinder performance)

I will say yours is the first ruby feedback I've seen so there's that too

You are correct in the puffco disappointed me, but I believe one hit dabs should be an easy option for any concentrate device to be worth its price. The core 2.0 can do both, easily, and has presets set as such. I believe the pockety could be set to a state where I can get one hit, but I knew I was getting a puffco heater when I ordered. The discount is the only reason I did knowing it would be subpar for my needs in regards to an e-nail device. All that said I’m not going to give up on dialing up and in to where I get a one flavorful cloud. But between this, the cricket, and the core 2.0, it’s pretty obvious the v5 atomizer is far and away the best bang for your buck. The exact same flavor, delivered in one hit or a sesh.

AlphaDeltaF1

Reply to old post., but code works as of a few minutes ago. Now I am deciding whether to get one or not, hence my going through this thread from the beginning.

Reason is I am a stoner going back to the days of "That 70's show." Class of 79 represent! Anyway, tons of weed experience, but almost zero when it comes to dabs unless you count the hash I hot-knived decades ago. But thanks to Sneaky Pete, Troy and Jerrry, Crewpins, etc, I'm intrigued.

My issue is I don't know where to start! I don't want to get something cheap and end up upgrading shortly thereafter, but I also don't want to spend a ton of dough on something I may or may not like. The JCVAP Pockety WITH that discount seems like a good compromise.

Oh, and FYI: I bought a Tinymight 2 the day of launch and still totally in love. BUT that was a good chunk of change I spent not quite two months ago. The wife will probably give me a ration of sh*t if I buy another, but solution there is not to tell her up front that I am buying a new vape and then lie about the cost when she asked about it.

Side note: That backfired when she admitted how pretty the wood looks on the TM2 and she found out the real cost when she was helping me look for wood protection beeswax later...

Season 3 Mistake GIF by The Simpsons

Still on page one of this thread and I might get my answer as I go further down, but any thoughts/suggestions on what I should look for now would be welcome!
You are correct in the puffco disappointed me, but I believe one hit dabs should be an easy option for any concentrate device to be worth its price. The core 2.0 can do both, easily, and has presets set as such. I believe the pockety could be set to a state where I can get one hit, but I knew I was getting a puffco heater when I ordered. The discount is the only reason I did knowing it would be subpar for my needs in regards to an e-nail device. All that said I’m not going to give up on dialing up and in to where I get a one flavorful cloud. But between this, the cricket, and the core 2.0, it’s pretty obvious the v5 atomizer is far and away the best bang for your buck. The exact same flavor, delivered in one hit or a sesh.

You make a great point in regards to bang for for your Buck. If you buy a V5 you could get an autofire mod and water attachment for the same price as the top end insert Pockety WITH the 50% discount…I may just pick up a PoseidonV2 water attachment to more accurately compare the SiC V5 to the AlN Pockety. I’m very curious to see how the AlN performs.

CaptBongRipper

Life goes on, man...
What is the autofire mod for V5 to which you are referring? Sorry, brand-new to dab stuff, but old-timey stoner going back to the mid 70's. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
CaptBongRipper,

AlphaDeltaF1

What is the autofire mod for V5 to which you are referring? Sorry, brand-new to dab stuff, but old-timey stoner going back to the mid 70's. Thanks in advance!

Above is the kit I was referring to. It includes the latest V5 (2.1), mod, and water tool. I’m kicking myself for not buying it this way..I would’ve save a good bit of money.

The above vape uses the resistance of the coil to determine temp. The pockety uses thermocouple which is a key difference however.

For example with the V5 you have to set the TCR value on the mod for each different coil you use. The Pockety directly reads the temp of the crucible.

Last edited:

felvapes

Not all rigs are designed to sesh the same way
And a big one hit is not how all vapes work

I have terp slurpers for that and they rival most erigs in that department for less money

The quality of the vapour and session is different in this style rig - this is an improved puffco

@chillmike will be able to compare the v5 for you
He told me on a mod with special setting his v5 can hit harder
But it makes you cough and the pockety has better quality and he can chug clouds without coughing

He also said that on the core 2 the v5 is not as good as the pockety but on his mod box with special setting it is different

Either way I'll let him post there as he has the comparison

You are also using a ruby dish - which everyone from the start has mentioned is the least performing surface of the selection - this is commonly known

The value for money slaps a puffco
$477 for a "3d" chamber that is only 2d in reality
Vs this that is a lot cheaper
As I mentioned in my first post I was talking to him about lowering the price - this may happen but they are most likely letting the sales run out first
Even at current retail it smashes a puffco

@CaptBongRipper I think this would be a great first rig for you
It's easy to use and the easiest clean and maintenance going
A very efficient vape that wastes very little trates
This has been my experience

People saw my video using 550 temps
It is what it has always been advertised as - a puffco tech vape that is better and cheaper
Go checkout all the happy puffco owners - this is better

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Unless this is the ruby
Ruby on the JCVAP ICA chambers has to run a preheat cycle to work due to the thickness of the material needed to make the cup useable and not so fragile...the main reason I went with ALN this time. Flavour is close to Ruby from reports but is able to be thinner walled etc for faster heating.
Now I am deciding whether to get one
You should get this, if it works as well as a Puffco Peak Pro it is a no-brainer over all the dumb atty eRigs (or IH) available...the thermocouple heat control is the key here...no guesstimate on temp, the device knows, that is how you can simmer a dab over a few puffs without fear of char.

You should check out the Core 2.0 thread...if you can find it, I could only find the OG.

felvapes

Ruby on the JCVAP ICA chambers has to run a preheat cycle to work due to the thickness of the material needed to make the cup useable and not so fragile...the main reason I went with ALN this time. Flavour is close to Ruby from reports but is able to be thinner walled etc for faster heating.

You should get this, if it works as well as a Puffco Peak Pro it is a no-brainer over all the dumb atty eRigs (or IH) available...the thermocouple heat control is the key here...no guesstimate on temp, the device knows, that is how you can simmer a dab over a few puffs without fear of char.
I have a ruby and an ALN on the way to try so I will be able to test and compare once they arrive

So cheers for that input also - you have experience with the ICA and your peak pro

So ruby is possibly part of the issue here and if it requires a pre heat up would explain the results being explained
It is thick walled in pics

EDIT
The Carta og slapped you in the face harder than many rigs in one go
It did as a result of that super quick ramp up scorch your dab a bit though
It was harsh AF too
But yup it slapped
No way it was a better rig though and was always the biggest PITA to clean and maintain plus the plates and attys that blew

One thing that helped it smooth (still far inferior to other rigs long term) was a bubble cap I bought
The factory cap clouded thicker but was harsh
Because the Carta slapped and cooked so quick the bubble was the goods
Faster heating dabs does not necessarily equal better or more quality - anyone who plays with multiple IH and a DV will confirm this - slower heat can be better quality vapour and flavour and extraction - there's a line to get between ramp up, aggression and how the power is applied

I tried this cap from the Carta on the pockety
Similar results in that it did make the dab slightly tastier, good flavours
But as it isn't as airtight as the factory bubble in the sealed silicone cap it doesn't produce as thick clouds - tastier but less dense
It sits on the ceramic top without the silicone lid and works as a normal bubble cap so a little more air gets around the outside (minimal but enough to give less density)

I think I'll stick with the factory for thicker clouds - but the bubble cap is great for smooth and tasty hits that still makes clouds for days

Last edited:

80Sixed

I can’t tell you how many people have specifically complained to me about their puffco being great except you can’t take a solid dab. Just because one person likes taking multiple hits over the course of one dab does NOT mean the device is only geared towards that, and no where is either device advertised as “make your dab last for 3 whispy pulls.”

My main interest here was
•a puffco heater you could really crank up if that’s what you want
•a smaller form factor (compared to the core 2.0)
•a novelty dabbing surface geared towards flavor at a “reasonable price” (being half off)

For all of the argument against my viewpoint and use case for this rig, I’m happy to report that I HAVE dialed it in to a flavorful, not harsh, but most importantly- one solid hit set up. At ~575f (depending on if I throw a pearl in) I get a hit that damn near replicates the exact same “one hit” cloud on the v5 in the core 2.0. The major caveat being- to get this delicious and “not 3 pulls” dab on my core, I need to be in the second highest setting, run a heat cycle, but then restart the heat cycle as I hit the device. There’s no need to preheat at this level in the Pockety, and the cotton swab wipes up very dark brown residue easily with no chazz or residual taste on the next round.

I’ll still be playing with it a lot more, not psyched about the stock glass, nor the stock carb cap, but all in all, at this point, I could see this replacing my core. Things I really am going to keep an eye on as I go is how to whole heater collects wax over time, how easy it is to break down for cleaning when I get there, and how the battery seems to hold up over time, being unserviceable.

Anywho, will update once I have new info!

Edit: turned on the device this morning and it had reset itself- reset all temps, zeroed out the puff count, also reads as full battery but I know I left it at like 80% max. Figured I’d add since someone else had said theirs also reset and they weren’t sure it was their doing.

Edit2: ah okay it auto shut off and I turned it back on and it rest AGAIN. Not that big of a deal just documenting.

Last edited:

felvapes

I can’t tell you how many people have specifically complained to me about their puffco being great except you can’t take a solid dab. Just because one person likes taking multiple hits over the course of one dab does NOT mean the device is only geared towards that, and no where is either device advertised as “make your dab last for 3 whispy pulls.”

My main interest here was
•a puffco heater you could really crank up if that’s what you want
•a smaller form factor (compared to the core 2.0)
•a novelty dabbing surface geared towards flavor at a “reasonable price” (being half off)

For all of the argument against my viewpoint and use case for this rig, I’m happy to report that I HAVE dialed it in to a flavorful, not harsh, but most importantly- one solid hit set up. At ~575f (depending on if I throw a pearl in) I get a hit that damn near replicates the exact same “one hit” cloud on the v5 in the core 2.0. The major caveat being- to get this delicious and “not 3 pulls” dab on my core, I need to be in the second highest setting, run a heat cycle, but then restart the heat cycle as I hit the device. There’s no need to preheat at this level in the Pockety, and the cotton swab wipes up very dark brown residue easily with no chazz or residual taste on the next round.

I’ll still be playing with it a lot more, not psyched about the stock glass, nor the stock carb cap, but all in all, at this point, I could see this replacing my core. Things I really am going to keep an eye on as I go is how to whole heater collects wax over time, how easy it is to break down for cleaning when I get there, and how the battery seems to hold up over time, being unserviceable.

Anywho, will update once I have new info!
Glad you are getting it to where you want

You were the first unhappy person
Great to hear you now turn around and say it may replace your last rig of choice like it did for me

Great to hear you can make it do multiple versions of a hit
I also like big clouds and absolutely hate wispy hits
I also said this does not do that for me - but my sesh takes longer with BIG clouds not wispy - I just use bigger dabs than you see so it lasts as a number of draws but not unsatisfactory wispy hits - I also said with my sized dabs that at 500 it took 3 minutes to vape all the rosin - not wispy with my size dabs but not super thick
But at 550 it goes for a minute with a decent sized dab - so really you are getting similar results to me considering the ruby will need higher temps usually

I like my terp slurper because it doesn't do wispy I hate bucket bangers for this very reason
The reason I kept saying a terp slurper is one hit is because it can do my big sized dabs in one draw - it doesn't need to be a BB
An erig won't do that even your v5 will need multiple draws with a bigger dab - I've seen it in video seshes with @chillmike

The pockety has not delivered wispy for me - but as I mentioned to you I hadn't gone below 480 like you with thick ruby and usually use up at 550 (which is probs around 575 with thick walled ruby, I'll give feedback when mine arrives)
I used to have the same debate about one hit dabs with @LesPlenty till I got this - now I feel the multi draws that are nice and big
It isn't a one hit for my size dabs - but it clouds for days
My slurper is a one hit rig for my size dabs
What you described about ppl saying the puffco can't do certain hits may also be where some who own this and the pro say the pockety is better

It is the easiest clean of the rigs I've had
And goes long periods in between
I haven't had to clean the atty yet
But if you want to take it apart warm it up as discussed prior by myself and @DankNug
It will come apart easy enough if warm - I advise to be careful with the threads as they are fine and I do it up slowly
However so far I haven't had to clean it and the instructions say you can put the whole thing in iso so may not need pulling apart - yet to see that when I have to and I've put heaps through

Happy vapey days
How ever one gets there as long as they are happy this is what matters

There's one or two flnflx-50 codes left
Theres a number of @DankNug PCT-50 left too and the other one also I think
Until Nov 11

I almost want to buy another so I have the updated settings and presets like the rest of you got
That's what I get for buying first haha

Anyway
I'm happy you are more satisfied now @80Sixed and you think it may replace the core 2 you love
I feel more invested in people being happy as I genuinely am not a shill or getting anything from these codes and have been recommending this from my experience only
I'd hate to put anyone on a bum steer because I like this rig so much

I ended up sticking with the sic pearl over the ruby pearl - it seemed to make thicker clouds for me and the taste wasn't terribly different

EDIT
I just saw your edit
That was my unit that reset itself
I've no issues with it working since but yea it did the same as yours twice in a row and has been fine since

How many Puffs were you at?
I'll mention it to John at jcvap

Last edited:

chillmike

okay... so bear with me guys, cuz this is gonna end up being a super long post prolly, lol. so yea, i definitely apologize to everyone, as this post will probably end up looking like a novel, lol. anyways - as @felvapes has been saying, and as you guys know from my teaser video (which you can see i politely reposted here above for anyone that missed it), i own a V5 heater setup and now the Pockety. and yes - i am extremely impressed with it. but before i begin to go into my thoughts and everything about the Pockety itself - i feel like i'm obligated to clear up a lot of misunderstandings and confusion involving this new kind of tech, why it's so good, what the benefits are and why, and why there's confusion. i feel like the things i've observed and noticed since extensively researching and diving head first into the DTV5 phenomenon that kick started this whole innovative evolution to begin with, are not as completely comprehended by the rest of the community as i originally thought...

first, let's start out before this tech even existed really. back when puffco was the leading erig known in the market when it came to proper temp controlled actually satisfying sesh dabs... was there other tech beginning to release around that time and some more promising and even more powerful than the puffco experience? sure. but we all know how puffco's dominated for years with not many being able to accomplish the precision that they were, on top of the fact that felvapes keeps mentioning about the chazz factor/clean-up experience, which to some may seem like an afterthought or not as important, but in truth; that whole aspect helps to inform you of the precision and whether you're temp control dabbing properly or not. like an aftermath failsafe, or progress report reading almost... lol. if a device can't help but chazz every time to reach the kind of power/level of potency/vapor production density that the user prefers or needs, then that device is failing at proper temp control/dialable tuning performance - and if not a tcr or full temp control capable device, then it's impossible to remedy or fix that at all, and are stuck with the settings it gives you (which i'll be coming back to this whole nuance when later discussing the Core 2.0).

so - to get to my point, at the time, puffco was a leading force in the market in that sense. BUT... like mentioned, there was the bigger issue of many pointing out the fact that the power/potency of the peaks just wasn't good enough, especially like i also pointed out how there was multiple companies coming out with more powerful devices, although not as precise with temp control. well, we all know what is the most important to users in the end, so began the third-party puffco makers to begin trying to enhance the capabilities the peaks could accomplish potency-wise (and was really starting to be impressive what was possible, which you could witness in the history and progress JCVAP began succeeding in). nw those other companies began to play with other tech, such as induction like felvapes touched upon (which isn't as viable yet cuz companies havent figured out how to properly temp control or design it for the best benefits - as well as making it surround heating like felvapes had to mod his daab to accomplish, and they still haven't figured out yet, along with quartz coilless atomizer designs that also have tons of potential but also aren't utilizing the 3d surround heating aspect... and thus, still the market was failing and couldn't figure out how to get close to the satisfaction that torch dabbing gives you....

ENTER - DIVINE TRIBE.

the peak pro hasn't come out yet, and like i said - other companies still couldn't figure out what was the proper way forward... experimenting yet still not getting close cuz they're clueless of what aspects are needed to be focused and magnified in on, and the newer tech they're playing with, they keep missing the mark and what awesome potential they have, cuz they're still not utilizing or noticing the nuances necessary. so, we all have known Divine Tribe was innovating and altering the concentrate market for years, giving us affordable, yet awesome great quality solutions to our concentrate industry woes... lol. the DTV4 vs the AVS M22 rivalry was quite an interesting, informative, legendary, and extremely important milestone and first step into the path that we're all on now, and mapped the course of what was to come. without it, i'm not so sure we would have ever gotten to this point.

so, if you know the history of Matt and Divine Tribe, you’ll know his older vapes/atomizers, which some he still sells to this day on his site, of the all the previous models he had before the DTV4. which, if you know older atomizer tech, he was using stuff that had already existed, and just designing the most convenient, affordable, highest quality stuff around that kind of tech. so the old DTV3 etc, was a ceramic plate that was internally mazed with wire… then he also had the DC Gen2, which is his dry herb vape, which had a tall chamber that was surround conduction heating, with the internally mazed wire all around it – he obviously just took older ideas he already had worked extensively with before, and in trying to think of what to do his next big concentrate vape as. you see, where i said this rivalry was super important – this is why… the V4 used a thick ceramic plate that would get super hot for the bottom of the thin sic chamber, and with residual rising heat, and since there was an abundance of it while using arctic fox tcr temp control to truly dial it in and get it to perform perfectly and stay within that range, on top of being able to perfectly dial in the user’s preferred dab-perfection point (which I’ll get more into the importance of that aspect afterwards), but that it would do all this so effectively, that it became surround heating, and thus was the first time erig concentrate vapes began to start to get closer to the true torch dab satisfaction-depth. what incentivized Matt to truly step up his game with his next iteration was that exact rivalry with AVS and the M22 + control tower setup (which still has, as we all know and have continued to witness, the prolonged failure to finish and distribute the actual product), and that the ESCC was more of a true “3d surround heating” than his, since the V4 was only achieving that from residual rising heat, which isn’t as effective or reliable. and so, with Matt’s prior experience and knowledge, and old parts, etc, and working with the manufacturers, and through trial and error and testing, and knowing what the community truly wants in a dabbing experience, including surface material and finish, etc… as we all know; he created the V5 heater.

now… one common misconception that i’m finally able to get to now is the puffco 3d atomizer. first off, considering the prior paragraphs and the historical and factual timeframe of things – it’s quite obvious to notice where the idea came from, considering the hype about the v5 before release was pretty palpable. and then, after the community began understanding what this heater was capable of, and why it was so much better, and what 3d surround heating actually even was or what it meant for performance, on top of the arctic fox autofire tcr temp control tech that we were all already used to from the V4… everyone started posting about it, along with the few who got early models, and along with the bit that Matt would post, videos began popping up impressing the shit out of everyone. and so – focus and puffco were then off to the races… thing is; puffco fucked it, lol. i remember when this was all going down too, and can prolly find evidence of this somewhere online, but for some reason (and the next things im gonna say are all pretty much my own guesstimate speculations on how it proceeded to play out but…), they thought 3d heating would be too much… that you’d burn your dab or something? not sure… or maybe he got ahold of a V5 and they didn’t set it up correctly or something, and ended up chazzing or affecting their flavor or whatever the case may have been, even tho when properly dialed in – this tech actually does the exact opposite and HELPS in precise perfected flavor and non-chazzing easy clean-up, but they for some reason decided that surround heating shouldn’t be actually surround heating, and they made their 3d atomizer only heat from the sides. which is also why you’ll find most people who experience both the puffco peak pro + puffco 3d chamber vs. carta 2, that performance and potency/power-wise – Carta 2 wins. sure, people might like other things about the peak pro more, but yea – not when it comes to the potency capabilities, and is exactly why third-party companies have been scrambling to make true 3d chambers for the peak pro and proxy, etc. and there’s also those who haven’t tried any of the other true surround heating concentrate vapes that have true temp control, that have a skewed viewpoint about it cuz they’re overlooking things, and just assume the peak pro is the best due to having no better experiences from the better devices to go by, or thinking they have due to the confusion between the V5 heaters... which, let me clarify that a little more….

(continued in next post cuz i couldn't fit it all...)

chillmike

(continued from previous post...)

for the longest time, we’ve also all pretty much known that Matt/Divine Tribe has long been working with Crossing Tech/Shenzhen Crossing to mass producify (yes i know this isnt a word :p)his products, etc. and which we all know HVT (Humboldt Vape Tech) is a reseller for. anyways – since the DTV5 came out, there obviously are those who are extremely intimidated and stand-offish when it comes to the box mod arctic fox tcr interface and dialing it in to tune it to your exact preferences. and i totally get it and understand… it really is a detailed and in-depth process that might seem daunting at first, but it’s not as bad as many make it out to be, and is a lot easier than some might think, but due to this fact, they knew they had to make a viable product for the masses, to where they wouldn’t have to worry about all that. and just happened to be perfect cuz they already had an erig they sold that they could just replace the heater for, and retweak the temps/power settings for… and so that’s exactly what they did, and they came out with the Core 2.0. but the thing that many overlook and don’t take into account in the difference with using a Core 2.0 vs. a DTV5 setup or a Sequoia V5 setup, is that you completely lose that full dialability to tune it to your exact preferences and truly be able to utilize the power the heater is capable of. sure, they tried to set it up to appease most common regular dabbers, but as many know – Matt’s preferred settings and idea of what people want is a little less than normal, and usually users need to use the highest setting of non-temp control devices or for box mod settings, going higher than he normally recommends. and so, when comparing the Core 2.0, like was mentioned, if you want a comparable good powerful dab, you need to do preheating at max, and can end up going too far and losing flavor and slightly chazzing because of it, due to it not being dialed in to the user’s preferred levels…

let me elaborate. the benefits of using this surround heating tech with arctic fox firmware is that it goes far beyond just being able to change the temp you’re dabbing at. first, i’ll start with what you know – temp. temp would be the temp that you don’t want it to go past, so that’s the threshold stop point. then there’s the wattage, which that is going to be the actual set power level you want it to have behind it, to be able to reach that temp… how much “umph” you want behind it to give it that much more or less of a punch of potency. then there’s resistance. this is the first thing you set when you put your atomizer on the mod. this sets the proper variables for the heater, and bases on the surrounding room temp so it can know how and what to compensate for when calibrating. and finally, there’s TCR, which stands for temperature coefficient resistance. what this means basically, is the type of proper preheating ramp-up you want/need for the heater to reach that proper temp threshold you set it at. all of these variables combined with the unlimited-capable autofire that arctic fox provides, enables the user to completely and fully, in every single aspect, to dial in absolutely perfectly, heater’s performance to be able to make it the perfect dab to how the user enjoys it. and yes – due to this factor, this makes the V5 heater the most powerful out of them all at the moment, and gives me the punchiest, smack-in-your-face dab. of course also with amazingly great flavor due to the super shiny slick ceramic surface that cleans up like a dream if properly set. If not properly set, or going to far or long with it, of course it can chaz, just like anything… but when you’ve got proper temp control, it makes it much easier and almost mindless not to, and never have to really worry about it unless you’re actually trying or you purposefully go much too far.

BUT – the Pockety is pretty damn close to it’s potency using the AlN and sooooo much smoother, and better in a different use-case, cuz it’s not the same kind of experience, but just as potent when it comes to how high it gets you – just in a different way. Like felvapes said; a sesh-dab experience. the true V5 heater experience will take that dab and extract it all in one or 1.5-2 hits with all that thc punch slammin the back of your lungs… but the Pockety is super smooth, but still get incredibly insane vapor production and cloudage and still get the thc punch with bigger hits, but the thing with the Pockety is you can keep chuggin away without any worry, and power thru the dab nonstop cuz of how smooth it is, but i can’t do that with the V5 cuz it takes so long to recover. i get super awesome high from both, like i do from actual proper torch dabs (which is why i’ve been following this stuff since the beginning and why i believe it’s completely revolutionizing the erig/concentrate vape industry), but the ease of use, and power potential the Pockety has… i truly think it’s going to be the next perfect erig for everyone to get, and is going to change how easy it is for people to honestly experience true, portable, potent dabbing on the go that actually feels like a true dab, and don’t need to be a knowledgeable enthusiast to figure it out… the Carta 2 is also capable and easy, but nowhere near as portable and easy as this, and there’s many other benefits i’m not really gonna get into now, cuz this post has gone on much too long already, and i should prolly wrap it up, lol. there was actually a bunch more stuff i was gonna say and get into, but i’ll save that for my proper review on my channel, lol. hope some of what i said can clear some things up for people. and if you haven’t checked out my video yet, watch it above! sub & like wouldn’t hurt either… 😉jk. if anyone has anything they wanna ask me; feel free!

new Pockety ig reel

Last edited:

Danez4twenty

I hope you enjoy it as much as me mate

There's now only 2 codes left of flnflx-50
Use them up and if they are all gone when you try then there are 25 left of the Adubs-50 (or maybe adubs-50)
@DankNug can confirm the caps or not

They all end on November 11
A few more people should have them soon and be able to give their user feedback for those that are waiting for more people's opinion

I usually rock a ball vape a lot of the day, I've been dabbing that much playing with this that I had to do another squish of rosin and haven't had the baller running near as often as usual lol
Fun testing for science sake of course....
I feel so exclusive. LOL! Is the bubbler on it sufficient for cooling the vape? Is there an option to connect it to something else?

AlphaDeltaF1

(continued from previous post...)

for the longest time, we’ve also all pretty much known that Matt/Divine Tribe has long been working with Crossing Tech/Shenzhen Crossing to mass producify (yes i know this isnt a word :p)his products, etc. and which we all know HVT (Humboldt Vape Tech) is a reseller for. anyways – since the DTV5 came out, there obviously are those who are extremely intimidated and stand-offish when it comes to the box mod arctic fox tcr interface and dialing it in to tune it to your exact preferences. and i totally get it and understand… it really is a detailed and in-depth process that might seem daunting at first, but it’s not as bad as many make it out to be, and is a lot easier than some might think, but due to this fact, they knew they had to make a viable product for the masses, to where they wouldn’t have to worry about all that. and just happened to be perfect cuz they already had an erig they sold that they could just replace the heater for, and retweak the temps/power settings for… and so that’s exactly what they did, and they came out with the Core 2.0. but the thing that many overlook and don’t take into account in the difference with using a Core 2.0 vs. a DTV5 setup or a Sequoia V5 setup, is that you completely lose that full dialability to tune it to your exact preferences and truly be able to utilize the power the heater is capable of. sure, they tried to set it up to appease most common regular dabbers, but as many know – Matt’s preferred settings and idea of what people want is a little less than normal, and usually users need to use the highest setting of non-temp control devices or for box mod settings, going higher than he normally recommends. and so, when comparing the Core 2.0, like was mentioned, if you want a comparable good powerful dab, you need to do preheating at max, and can end up going too far and losing flavor and slightly chazzing because of it, due to it not being dialed in to the user’s preferred levels…

let me elaborate. the benefits of using this surround heating tech with arctic fox firmware is that it goes far beyond just being able to change the temp you’re dabbing at. first, i’ll start with what you know – temp. temp would be the temp that you don’t want it to go past, so that’s the threshold stop point. then there’s the wattage, which that is going to be the actual set power level you want it to have behind it, to be able to reach that temp… how much “umph” you want behind it to give it that much more or less of a punch of potency. then there’s resistance. this is the first thing you set when you put your atomizer on the mod. this sets the proper variables for the heater, and bases on the surrounding room temp so it can know how and what to compensate for when calibrating. and finally, there’s TCR, which stands for temperature coefficient resistance. what this means basically, is the type of proper preheating ramp-up you want/need for the heater to reach that proper temp threshold you set it at. all of these variables combined with the unlimited-capable autofire that arctic fox provides, enables the user to completely and fully, in every single aspect, to dial in absolutely perfectly, heater’s performance to be able to make it the perfect dab to how the user enjoys it. and yes – due to this factor, this makes the V5 heater the most powerful out of them all at the moment, and gives me the punchiest, smack-in-your-face dab. of course also with amazingly great flavor due to the super shiny slick ceramic surface that cleans up like a dream if properly set. If not properly set, or going to far or long with it, of course it can chaz, just like anything… but when you’ve got proper temp control, it makes it much easier and almost mindless not to, and never have to really worry about it unless you’re actually trying or you purposefully go much too far.

BUT – the Pockety is pretty damn close to it’s potency using the AlN and sooooo much smoother, and better in a different use-case, cuz it’s not the same kind of experience, but just as potent when it comes to how high it gets you – just in a different way. Like felvapes said; a sesh-dab experience. the true V5 heater experience will take that dab and extract it all in one or 1.5-2 hits with all that thc punch slammin the back of your lungs… but the Pockety is super smooth, but still get incredibly insane vapor production and cloudage and still get the thc punch with bigger hits, but the thing with the Pockety is you can keep chuggin away without any worry, and power thru the dab nonstop cuz of how smooth it is, but i can’t do that with the V5 cuz it takes so long to recover. i get super awesome high from both, like i do from actual proper torch dabs (which is why i’ve been following this stuff since the beginning and why i believe it’s completely revolutionizing the erig/concentrate vape industry), but the ease of use, and power potential the Pockety has… i truly think it’s going to be the next perfect erig for everyone to get, and is going to change how easy it is for people to honestly experience true, portable, potent dabbing on the go that actually feels like a true dab, and don’t need to be a knowledgeable enthusiast to figure it out… the Carta 2 is also capable and easy, but nowhere near as portable and easy as this, and there’s many other benefits i’m not really gonna get into now, cuz this post has gone on much too long already, and i should prolly wrap it up, lol. there was actually a bunch more stuff i was gonna say and get into, but i’ll save that for my proper review on my channel, lol. hope some of what i said can clear some things up for people. and if you haven’t checked out my video yet, watch it above! sub & like wouldn’t hurt either… 😉jk. if anyone has anything they wanna ask me; feel free!

Hey thanks for the videos and posts documenting your thoughts and experiences with the Pockety.

I just ordered one Of these AlN terp pearls from 3gram. Do you think it would pair well with the Pockety ? I plan on trying it with my v5 2.1 Poseidon combo as well (powered by DNA 75c).

Cheers

chillmike

Hey thanks for the videos and posts documenting your thoughts and experiences with the Pockety.

I just ordered one Of these AlN terp pearls from 3gram. Do you think it would pair well with the Pockety ? I plan on trying it with my v5 2.1 Poseidon combo as well (powered by DNA 75c).

Cheers

yea, i think it'd prolly be great with it! churrz bud, and thanks for the kind words... stay lit! ☺️😮‍💨😶‍🌫️

I feel so exclusive. LOL! Is the bubbler on it sufficient for cooling the vape? Is there an option to connect it to something else?

pretty sure this is what you're looking for... it's not out yet and they're working on it, but yea, you'll be able to use the Pockety with any rig you want once the Halo adapter releases. but personally - i really don't think you need to. it's perfectly smooth and awesome chugging with the bub/glass it comes with... and would make it much less portable. but if it's something you're interested in or looking for, they'll have it available soon... just don't need it for cooling the vapor or anything like that cuz of how insanely smooth and cool it is already.

JCVAP Pockety Halo adapter...

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
pretty sure this is what you're looking for... it's not out yet and they're working on it, but yea, you'll be able to use the Pockety with any rig you want once the Halo adapter releases. but personally - i really don't think you need to. it's perfectly smooth and awesome chugging with the bub/glass it comes with... and would make it much less portable. but if it's something you're interested in or looking for, they'll have it available soon... just don't need it for cooling the vapor or anything like that cuz of how insanely smooth and cool it is already.

JCVAP Pockety Halo adapter...

Now that is interesting, I have nice recyclers, it's hard to want to use any of my erigs as a result (also because I find torch and banger hot start dabs much much simpler and consistently effective) even Sai+ with bottomless banger, I just play with the Qomo quartz every once in awhile, I don't dab extensively anyway as I vape much more though... Anyway all things considered, this seems like a very promising product, the 50% off is tempting, but it might be worth me waiting for an update and future sale, perhaps even a bundle with the halo:
Screenshot-20221030-124829.png

Asteroweed

I am definitely not an expert on erigs and attys, but I've just ordered the pockety. My experience with my old Sai TAF was just OK (maybe I am not a good "optimizer"). Anyway, thx for your feedbacks and coupons guys

felvapes

It cools well, I use it dry it's so smooth
i just got in on the ALN version with a spare heater, thanks for sharing the codes yall!
Hope you enjoy it as much as I do mate

Cheers
An ALN pearl should be good
I like my sic pearl over the ruby
Been putting in some overtime lately, so I decided to jump on this deal before the codes were all gone. (adubs-50 worked as of today) Decided to go with the SiC version since I have a V5.
Enjoy mate
flnflx-50 has one or two
adubs-50 has a couple
PCT-50 has quite a lot

@chillmike great detailed breakdown mate
Good to see others enjoy this as much as I have
It won't get cheaper then this again but the retail may drop a little after sales as I've discussed with John since my first contact with him

At this price it was a no brainer for me and I've recommended and had 3 mates irl buy after using mine also

Vape on ppl 😊

CaptBongRipper

Life goes on, man...
"and if you haven’t checked out my video yet, watch it above! sub & like wouldn’t hurt either… 😉jk. if anyone has anything they wanna ask me; feel free!"

new Pockety ig reel
@chillmike Thanks for the detailed post Mike. I have a question that you might have addressed, but I was stoned so you know... ;)

Question though: Though I've been a stoner since the 70's, other than hot-kniving hash in Canada DECADES ago, I've never dabbed. I t's always been weed. I'm a stoner for recreational AND medical reasons but due to numerous injuries because of an adventurous life and bad luck, I have built a tolerance up so need to add variety. and dabbing seems like a good idea. I've seen the fancy dab rigs with all the crap and I just don't want to have to deal with all that stuff, so wanted something easy to get started.

I was the same when I finally went from combustion to vaping. I started with a Pax2 and only stepped up to the entthusiast level with TinyMight2 and a DynaVap B. So baby steps for now...

I've been looking at the Puffco Proxy and the Pockety (thanks another FC member) and I am REALLY torn. I like the functionality of the Pockety but don't like the looks much. Price is great though. And its not that its UGLY (the lit-up water chamber is kinda cool) but the Puffco Proxy just looks awesome, probably as I read every Sherlock Holmes story as a kid, and when I saw that I could buy an after-market Gandalf/hobbit version too, well that REALLY appeals. And as an OG stoner, pipes are just my jam...

But the Puffco Proxy is $300 and the Pockety with the 50% off code, is almost half that!! I don't mind spending money on quality, but I'm also a cheap-skate when necessary. And though I can totally afford it, it's hard to justify paying twice as much for a Puffco Proxy compared to the Pockety. I dunno.... And I am suffering from FOMO knowing the coupon will not last forever...

Help me decide!!! Thanks in advan ce!

Also, already decided on the ALN chamber if I get Pockety. Any other gizmos you (or the rest of you) think would be must-have's from the getgo, depending on my decision.

Last edited:
Top Bottom