JCVAP "Pockety"

felvapes

He is saying 3D, and 5D, do not describe what you just described above... They're just brand marketing attempts, not accurate descriptions of the tech in play? (Like when movie theaters used 4D as a thing after 3D, but so like 5D is not a thing, there are not actually five dimensions, it is nonsense lol)
The pockety has true 3d
He said 5d as the puffco lied and said their 2d is 3d

Also everyone has discussed this a few times saying what the side heating vs side and bottom heating does
I agree puffco said BS and then to try to relay that upgrade in his jcvap says 5d (remember the language barrier too)
Yeah, that’s all I was saying. When we start discussing the merits of fifth dimensional (spoilers: IT’S LOVE) heating, we’re no longer talking about the real thermodynamic processes that shape the performance of our vapes, and that obscuring of the actual reality at hand benefits no one but unscrupulous businesses. I get why they’re doing it, but let not encourage them, right?

Apologies if my comment came off as aimed at anyone in particular; that definitively wasn’t my intention.
If you have read this thread you would have seen a number of us discuss this and break it down that we also think puffco is talking shit and their 3d is actually 2d (side only)
The pockety is true 3d but with a language barrier and puffco already BSing they went with 5d to try to explain what theirs did different (he says side/side/front/back/ bottom
But really the 5d is the true 3d

Either way - a few is us already discussed and mentioned this a few times and at this point in time it's easier to say "3d" and "5d" than keep repeating and typing "side walls and bottom heating" everytime
Myself and @chillmike usually type saying "3d (really 2d)" anyway so we have already addressed your point a couple of times

Half the vaping worlds terms are not accurate and are silly or made up slang names
This is another to delineate between two different things - even if the names are a little incorrect
We have certainly already broken down the correctness of the terms prior to your comment so everyone understood what was what and we now had a two letter descriptor as opposed to "side walls and bottom heating"
Puffco advertised 3d, so I get why he advertises 5d. I get the technicalities but I don't think it's that serious. Companies do marketing gimmicks a lot. If you go to the site he does explain what his version of "5d" means :)

On another note, my second pockety came. I had to order another one while it's on discount, I couldn't resist. Especially considering the one I got was the beta version. Super excited to come home from work and try!
☝️ This

Now onto the honesty and bug finding

There has been the reset bug happened to me once and to @80Sixed once

Last night I did some extensive testing of my device and found another bug
It does not stop the device working in any way at all and I am still happy with my unit
And tbh most first release have bugs and if these are the only ones that the pockety has I am more satisfied with it than first releases that have bugs that stop you using the device

Anyway
I went to try @80Sixed higher temp one shot dab (at 579 my sized dab still needs a few draws and will not one hit, but I'm happy with that as discussed earlier, just thought I'd try for science sake)

At 580 the unit started to hunt for temp on the screen (the dish seems fine and still dabs as usual)
The session timer also does not turn off at this temp, I had to double click the button to end session

It functioned perfectly normal in relation to having the dab
But the screen hunted for temp and session timer does not timeout
I decided to go through the entire degrees from 350 to 650

I found these temps have the issue
And every other temp is perfectly fine
396 397 398 407 513 514 515 516 558 580 581 582 583 623

Those 14 temp settings have this bug
Again - the device still works perfectly but won't turn off at 60 seconds

I had never used any of those temps before so had not found the issue
When I went to copy 80sixed one hit and I tried 580 I found it and clicked to 581 and it was there but not on 579
So I went through the lot and found those numbers are buggy

I mentioned this to John at jcvap as he was already trying to find the reset bug
He has held back the recent purchases so that they can fix the bug
It is a software bug that can be fixed

So all recent purchases over the last couple of days will receive a patched copy

For those of us with current units I suggest we just don't use those temps (although it seems to still function at said temps)
If anyone has any issues with their device not functioning or heating properly I would contact jcvap directly as they have always been very good with CS and assisting customers with issues

So far it is just an on screen bug and does not affect the function of the device at all

He gave a few units (like 28) to beta testers apparently before I got the half off codes
He says only one gave him feedback and none tested enough to find this bug
Too many greedy people wanting shit for free these days but won't do the work they promised
They just promote a product and don't test it
Then that company gets the bad name and we buy shit that may have bugs
Arseholes who ripped jcvap off like this

Well I bought mine and I tested it
As has @chillmike so the feedback is now happening
He knows for future purposes that he should get us vapers to test for him and not IG influencers

Anyway
My unit still functions absolutely fine and I still love it
But am sharing the honest feedback
John is fixing the issue now so everyone who hasn't got theirs yet will have a fixed screen
If your unit stops working at any point in time contact him and they will sort you out I'm sure
In the meantime avoid the above temps (unless you are all going to try now and see hahaha)

Last edited:

DankNug

The pockety has true 3d
He said 5d as the puffco lied and said their 2d is 3d

Also everyone has discussed this a few times saying what the side heating vs side and bottom heating does
I agree puffco said BS and then to try to relay that upgrade in his jcvap says 5d (remember the language barrier too)

If you have read this thread you would have seen a number of us discuss this and break it down that we also think puffco is talking shit and their 3d is actually 2d (side only)
The pockety is true 3d but with a language barrier and puffco already BSing they went with 5d to try to explain what theirs did different (he says side/side/front/back/ bottom
But really the 5d is the true 3d

Either way - a few is us already discussed and mentioned this a few times and at this point in time it's easier to say "3d" and "5d" than keep repeating and typing "side walls and bottom heating" everytime
Myself and @chillmike usually type saying "3d (really 2d)" anyway so we have already addressed your point a couple of times

Half the vaping worlds terms are not accurate and are silly or made up slang names
This is another to delineate between two different things - even if the names are a little incorrect
We have certainly already broken down the correctness of the terms prior to your comment so everyone understood what was what and we now had a two letter descriptor as opposed to "side walls and bottom heating"

☝️ This

Now onto the honesty and bug finding

There has been the reset bug happened to me once and to @80Sixed once

Last night I did some extensive testing of my device and found another bug
It does not stop the device working in any way at all and I am still happy with my unit
And tbh most first release have bugs and if these are the only ones that the pockety has I am more satisfied with it than first releases that have bugs that stop you using the device

Anyway
I went to try @80Sixed higher temp one shot dab (at 579 my sized dab still needs a few draws and will not one hit, but I'm happy with that as discussed earlier, just thought I'd try for science sake)

At 580 the unit started to hunt for temp on the screen (the dish seems fine and still dabs as usual)
The session timer also does not turn off at this temp, I had to double click the button to end session

It functioned perfectly normal in relation to having the dab
But the screen hunted for temp and session timer does not timeout
I decided to go through the entire degrees from 300 to 650

I found these temps have the issue
And every other temp is perfectly fine
396 397 398 407 513 514 515 516 558 580 581 582 583 623

Those 14 temp settings have this bug
Again - the device still works perfectly but won't turn off at 60 seconds

I had never used any of those temps before so had not found the issue
When I went to copy 80sixed one hit and I tried 580 I found it and clicked to 581 and it was there but not on 579
So I went through the lot and found those numbers are buggy

I mentioned this to John at jcvap as he was already trying to find the reset bug
He has held back the recent purchases so that they can fix the bug
It is a software bug that can be fixed

So all recent purchases over the last couple of days will receive a patched copy

For those of us with current units I suggest we just don't use those temps (although it seems to still function at said temps)
If anyone has any issues with their device not functioning or heating properly I would contact jcvap directly as they have always been very good with CS and assisting customers with issues

So far it is just an on screen bug and does not affect the function of the device at all

He gave a few units (like 28) to beta testers apparently before I got the half off codes
He says only one gave him feedback and none tested enough to find this bug
Too many greedy people wanting shit for free these days but won't do the work they promised
They just promote a product and don't test it
Then that company gets the bad name and we buy shit that may have bugs
Arseholes who ripped jcvap off like this

Well I bought mine and I tested it
As has @chillmike so the feedback is now happening
He knows for future purposes that he should get us vapers to test for him and not IG influencers

Anyway
My unit still functions absolutely fine and I still love it
But am sharing the honest feedback
John is fixing the issue now so everyone who hasn't got theirs yet will have a fixed screen
If your unit stops working at any point in time contact him and they will sort you out I'm sure
In the meantime avoid the above temps (unless you are all going to try now and see hahaha)
Thanks for testing the temps. John messaged me about it today. He said he spent a majority of the day searching for the bug. Fingers crossed. I've been happy to see him implement things that we bring up to him. I brought up that the device needed to have profiles prior to it having profiles, and he added profiles the next day. Really responsive, and he legitimately appreciates peoples feedback. He wants this device to be the best device that it can be, for what it is.

Now I want to try some of those temps. Fortunately, I don't use any of those temps. I use 398, 420, 483, 510, 540. Super random that certain temps would cause that. Very strange.

Thanks for taking this on, @felvapes. I wonder if everyone’s units have the same bugs at the same temps?
Very likely. Each device should come with the same firmware essentially.

felvapes

I have confirmed with another user the temps are all the same on all units
Very strange but doesn't seem to affect function

John is fixing the issue for recent purchase before posting
He caught the last of the post just before they went out

Our current units I think we just use them and avoid those temps atm
If anyone has issues with the function of the device though they should contact him

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I started getting paranoid about AlN
Try less Sativa and more Indica!
I like the slang also as I don't like typing but I can see how some new people new to the thread and the jargon might get confused but would soon work out the reasons for the marketing name for each process of heating.:2c:
Does the fault still happen in celsius mode @felvapes?
Haha, more checking for the poor tester that did not get a freebie unit.

LesPlenty,
Reactions: felvapes

felvapes

I like the slang also as I don't like typing but I can see how some new people new to the thread and the jargon might get confused but would soon work out the reasons for the marketing name for each process of heating.:2c:
Hahaha I didn't go through the C

I was up all night testing 300 f settings though hahaha

AlphaDeltaF1

What is your take on using AlN ? My concern was using the AlN insert with a AlN terp pearl from 3gram would cause wear and therefore dust formation.

I feel more comfortable with a Ruby insert and terp pearl, personally.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
What is your take on using AlN ? My concern was using the AlN insert with a AlN terp pearl from 3gram would cause wear and therefore dust formation.
You are not meant to spin the pearls without lube, hard surface on hard surface. DNail has this stated on their site when I got my first SiC pearls yonks ago and I thought it was common knowledge to never do such in any application.
I have always wanted to try AIN but it is usually too expensive (more than ruby as a rule). In this use the AIN has thinner walls compared to ruby so should get to temp faster and keep the temp more stable throughout the sesh.
I will use a ruby pearl in my AIN when I get it, not sure which is harder but I don't have AIN pearls and doubt I ever will as I have quite a few other options already.

CaptBongRipper

Life goes on, man...
Mine landed today on the east coast. Seems pretty cool so far though I read the instructions and don't see anywhere it says how to set preset temperatures. I only vaped a tiny dab but it was nice and flavorful on the AlN. Definitely will need water though as there isn't enough cooling dry I think. I will revisit this thread when I have more experience with it.

Edit: figured out you just press the side button once to switch between presets. Neat interface. The AlN definitely cleans up nice it seems.
Looking forward to getting mine!

Misterhyde

I just got my pockety yesterday. I still have lots more testing to do before I give my opinions on the device. I did 7 dabs on it yesterday and it definitely got me medicated. I have already discovered the resest bug on mine. After my second dab while the unit was off the screen flashed on for a second, the next time I turned it on my puffs were back to zero.

AlphaDeltaF1

You are not meant to spin the pearls without lube, hard surface on hard surface. DNail has this stated on their site when I got my first SiC pearls yonks ago and I thought it was common knowledge to never do such in any application.
I have always wanted to try AIN but it is usually too expensive (more than ruby as a rule). In this use the AIN has thinner walls compared to ruby so should get to temp faster and keep the temp more stable throughout the sesh.
I will use a ruby pearl in my AIN when I get it, not sure which is harder but I don't have AIN pearls and doubt I ever will as I have quite a few other options already.

As the dab dries out on the surface, you will no longer have lube though? I think I’m splitting hairs here, lol.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Misterhyde

I'm still way early on in testing the unit but I found that I get more of a 1-hit dab type of experience when I crank the temp up to the 630 range. So far it seems to be less harsh on my throat at this temperature, I think because I'm not hitting it for as long. I can finish my whole dab within the 60 sec at this temperature. I was hitting it for a bit at 550 and I had to extend the time to finish my dab. I've found that you can easily extend the time of your session by changing the temperature by 1 degree either up of down when it starts to vibrate. I have found cleanup to be insanely easy with the SIC cup, even at the higher temperatures. The qtip doesn't even need to be wet, it just wipes right up.

I don't like that my unit did the puff reset thing, I hope it doesn't happen again.

felvapes

I'm still way early on in testing the unit but I found that I get more of a 1-hit dab type of experience when I crank the temp up to the 630 range. So far it seems to be less harsh on my throat at this temperature, I think because I'm not hitting it for as long. I can finish my whole dab within the 60 sec at this temperature. I was hitting it for a bit at 550 and I had to extend the time to finish my dab. I've found that you can easily extend the time of your session by changing the temperature by 1 degree either up of down when it starts to vibrate. I have found cleanup to be insanely easy with the SIC cup, even at the higher temperatures. The qtip doesn't even need to be wet, it just wipes right up.

I don't like that my unit did the puff reset thing, I hope it doesn't happen again.
Good to hear you are getting satisfying results
The function is brilliant for me and clean up is insanely easy - as is the maintenance

I also found the reset slightly annoying, but as long as all continues to function as it should I am happy

I just received a message now that the temp and session timer issues I raised have now been fixed
So they are working on it and listening

If the original 28 testers had done their job instead of trying to get free shit the company wouldn't get a name for rushing the release and us early adopters wouldn't have bought units with a bug
Jcvap tried to do testing before release - arseholes in the community ripped them off though so no one knew of the bugs

At least they are addressing the issue quickly and not just defending their product like I've seen other manufacturers do

I still like my buggy unit and as long as it continues to function I'm happy
I did put an order in for one of the patched units to see how different it will be

I hope you continue to enjoy yours @Misterhyde and don't find any more bugs

@Melting Pot I also hope you enjoy yours ☺️ if you just ordered you should get one of the patched units

CaptBongRipper

Life goes on, man...
Just got an email from JCVAP letting me know about the firmware bug:

“Dear Customer
Sorry for to tell you that we find a firmware bug on the pockety and will take 1 week to fix it,We call back the shipment yesterday.The shipment will re-arranged on Nov 10th until the bug was solve.

Sorry for the delay,and hope you can understand,If you have any advice or need help please reply this email.”

I’m totally ok with that. Kudos to him for addressing it head-on and keeping me informed.

Last edited:

DankNug

As the dab dries out on the surface, you will no longer have lube though? I think I’m splitting hairs here, lol.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
It wasn't a super good explanation but, you aren't meant to do it.

“Dear Customer
Sorry for to tell you that we find a firmware bug on the pockety and will take 1 week to fix it,We call back the shipment yesterday.The shipment will re-arranged on Nov 10th until the bug was solve.

Sorry for the delay,and hope you can understand,If you have any advice or need help please reply this email.”

I’m totally ok with that. Kudos to him for addressing it head-on and keeping me informed.
Completely agree. I wish he could push a firmware update, but he told me he couldn't. So going forward, the new units will be good. The people who already have one would have to send theirs back to get it resolved.

felvapes

So I did the @LesPlenty requested test and went through the entire Celcius degrees from 176 - 343 C and there is no issue with any of them
So I guess there's that option also lol
But yea
The temp hunt/session timer staying on bug doesn't seem to be there at all in Celcius mode
I'm certainly putting the batteries to the test during all this bug searching

EDIT
I also have not been able to yet repeat the reset bug so no idea why that one happened

Last edited:

DankNug

So I did the @LesPlenty requested test and went through the entire Celcius degrees from 176 - 343 C and there is no issue with any of them
So I guess there's that option also lol
But yea
The temp hunt/session timer staying on bug doesn't seem to be there at all in Celcius mode
I'm certainly putting the batteries to the test during all this bug searching

EDIT
I also have not been able to yet repeat the reset bug so no idea why that one happened
Really impressive you going through all the temps. Thanks for doing it.

On another note, I kind of want to try this out.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
On another note, I kind of want to try this out.

From that link:
“2x Removable 18350 Batteries”

Beware, if you ever used 18350 Batteries, they don’t last long, even TWO, low amps, not much variety to shop for as they are not very popular. Can’t find any made by known brands, so I assume they are all rewraps from some factory. Best ones I could find are EPOCH 1100mAh, but that mAh is overrated.

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: LesPlenty

DankNug

From that link:
“2x Removable 18350 Batteries”

Beware, if you ever used 18350 Batteries, they don’t last long, even TWO, low amps, not much variety to shop for as they are not very popular. Can’t find any made by known brands, so I assume they are all rewraps from some factory. Best ones I could find are EPOCH 1100mAh, but that mAh is overrated.
Interesting. I've only used 18650 batteries. I've used the same 4x 18650 batteries for over a year. That sucks that 18350 is different. I wonder why they'd use those.

Danez4twenty

“Dear Customer

When did your order originally ship?

Danez4twenty,
Reactions: LesPlenty
Top Bottom