JCVAP "Pockety"

felvapes

How fat of a dab? Temp? Could you compare it to other devices like the puffco or v5?
Just got mine today
It performs amazing
I'm just testing a bit more before replying here

The flavour and hit is top notch on the sic
Some extra notes in the flavours
So far I'm very impressed
Need to play a bit more to ensure it isn't new vape lust

Will report back soon with more details

I don't have a pro, but have read one review from someone who has both that it is better
I love my polished sic modded Daab, the pockety has some extra flavours and terpy tastes

80Sixed

Just got mine today
It performs amazing

I don't have a pro, but have read one review from someone who has both that it is better
Much appreciated, also new vape colored lenses are real good point ha

And sorry the review from the person who has both said that the peak pro was better or this device?

Misterhyde

Just got mine today
It performs amazing

I love my polished sic modded Daab, the pockety has some extra flavours and terpy tastes
Wow! I can't believe you got yours already! Thats pretty quick shipping. Glad to hear your initial thoughts, can't wait to hear more. I'm thinking its smart for me to jump on this. Currently I am only dabbing with an ispire wand with the cups or cotton in a dynavap. I had the DTV4 in the past but really didn't like it, I coughed my ass off and quickly chazzed my cup. This looks way simpler, im leaning towards the SIC cup.

felvapes

Wow! I can't believe you got yours already! Thats pretty quick shipping. Glad to hear your initial thoughts, can't wait to hear more. I'm thinking its smart for me to jump on this. Currently I am only dabbing with an ispire wand with the cups or cotton in a dynavap. I had the DTV4 in the past but really didn't like it, I coughed my ass off and quickly chazzed my cup. This looks way simpler, im leaning towards the SIC cup.
My sic modded Daab is pretty brilliant
It is better than my wand (especially sic modded)
But their is a slight manual side to hitting the sweet spot

This pockety just does it all for you
And the extra flavours are yum
Same easy clean up as my Daab polished sic (but then that dish was from jcvap too)

But yea
This is tasty and hits great with easy clean up
But it is also easier
The thermocouple tech just does all the work for you and you just have to enjoy the dab

felvapes

The airpath is pretty good too
Silicone around the chamber, straight to a glass tube and that hits the bubbler
You can chuck a qtip in easily and it slides out the other side
Super easy to clean - after 14 puffs when I checked the airpath it was still clean as
Great stuff for safety and function and ease of use/clean up
I'm getting good results for flavour at 540/550 and at 560/570 for nice clouds and a quicker sesh
That code is valid till November 11 - but there's only 25 of them and I know a few people have picked one up already

Last edited:

Misterhyde

Does it make sense to order an extra atomizer? I have never had a device like this but I have read that atomizers go bad. I'm not sure how much usage they handle first, I read that the puffco atomizers are only expected to last about 3 months?

felvapes

Does it make sense to order an extra atomizer? I have never had a device like this but I have read that atomizers go bad. I'm not sure how much usage they handle first, I read that the puffco atomizers are only expected to last about 3 months?
I dunno mate
I often like to get a spare atty or consumable when I order a big purchase as I live in ausland and post sucks from a lot of places for us
It sucks buying from merica when I have to get a $5 replacement part and pay more than 10 times that in post hahaa (however for us from china post is usually quite cheap in comparison)
So in that sense it's a great idea to get a spare

With these ones I really don't know how long they will last at all
I would have hoped more than 3 months though, gee with the price of them (even more from puffco) that would be a lot
Older rigs like Carta 1 blew heatplate coils and that was annoying but cheap to fix

@LesPlenty has a pro he's had for longer than 3 months and afaik he hasn't blown an atty yet

Sorry if this hasn't helped hahaa
I don't know

I would hope/assume you'd get at least 6 months or a year - but I am just making guesses from nowhere or hoping at this point - these are of a much better quality and construction and design/tech than the Carta 1 was though so again should last longer you would think/hope
If post is a thing like I said then maybe grabbing a spare would be smart
I got a herb chamber to try and that is a sapre atty as it takes the dishes

The herb chamber isn't amazing
It tastes nice, and the avb was roasted well
But I had to use on full temp 650 and although I felt stoned and avb was roasted well, I got very little vapour
As usual the dual rigs usually only do one well - weed or trates not both, this is the same for me
It works, and is tasty - but I like big clouds and baller hits for flower
But this does do trates exceptionally well
So I have a spare atty now as I won't use it for herb

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I have never had a device like this but I have read that atomizers go bad. I'm not sure how much usage they handle first, I read that the puffco atomizers are only expected to last about 3 months?
I have 2x JCVap atty for my Peak Pro, both have 500+ dabs on them and I have over 2000 dabs on my OG Puffco atomizer and they all still work great...these are not built like A Sai etc with a flimsy donut plate that pops if you scare it.
I would only get the extra atty just to have a different dab surface ready to go and peace of mind. I want an AIN for sure as I have not had the best run with ruby inserts and I already have the SiC and quartz but this version of ruby looks quite thick from the measurements.

felvapes

I have 2x JCVap atty for my Peak Pro, both have 500+ dabs on them and I have over 2000 dabs on my OG Puffco atomizer and they all still work great...these are not built like A Sai etc with a flimsy donut plate that pops if you scare it.
I would only get the extra atty just to have a different dab surface ready to go and peace of mind. I want an AIN for sure as I have not had the best run with ruby inserts and I already have the SiC and quartz but this version of ruby looks quite thick from the measurements.
Great news
Cheers for that feedback

I also had the same thoughts as @Misterhyde as to longevity of these attys
I assumed a lot better than old tech, but that's a glowing report from you
Good stuff, makes me happy that I won't need to buy more too quickly

At $180 for a replacement atty/chamber with Ruby they would want to last a long time hahaha

Misterhyde

Thank you both so much for your input. I think I will add one just to be safe, considering the 50% works for it and i probably won't be able to get one cheap in the future. I'm just going to get the cheaper one with quartz though as I'm getting the SIC dish with the unit.

DankNug

I got this device a few weeks ago. I'm going to make a thread about it in the next few days I think. I love the device. I have the puffco pro and dtv5 mainly. I used to use my carta and high five duo, however they are packed away somewhere. I prefer this device over the other devices that I have, as well as other devices I've tried that I do not own. I've tried a bunch of devices really. I'm always down to buy the "next best device" and this device really covers a majority of the things I look for in a vape device.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I got this device a few weeks ago. I'm going to make a thread about it in the next few days I think. I love the device. I have the puffco pro and dtv5 mainly. I used to use my carta and high five duo, however they are packed away somewhere. I prefer this device over the other devices that I have, as well as other devices I've tried that I do not own. I've tried a bunch of devices really. I'm always down to buy the "next best device" and this device really covers a majority of the things I look for in a vape device.

Welcome to FC! Sounds good, but there's no reason to create a new thread about it, you are already posting in the correct thread now :tup:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Thanks! I appreciate that. This thread is under new and upcoming. It has been released, so I figured I'd write a review in the "portable vape" section. Thanks for the tip!

All you need to do is report a post in this thread, which I will do, to alert the mods that it is released. Then they move it into the main portable section... No one is allowed to actually post in the main portable section, this is the way new product threads are started (unless manufacturer the messages the mods directly) Reviews go here :cool: :D

DankNug

All you need to do is report a post in this thread, which I will do, to alert the mods that it is released. Then they move it into the main portable section... No one is allowed to actually post in the main portable section, this is the way new product threads are started (unless manufacturer the messages the mods directly) Reviews go here :cool: :D
Cool, thanks. That makes sense. :)

DankNug

I haven't reviewed a vaping device before like this. Hopefully it will give enough detail to convince someone who wants something like this, to get one while they can at the discount it is at. Even without the discount (I bought it in beta without the discount), it's well worth the value, and in this review I'll explain why. Right now it's on sale for up to $160 with a discount code. $160 with the ALN option. That's the one that I got.

I've tried out a bunch of devices and feel pretty comfortable reviewing this device sort of in comparison to other "top tier" devices (similar to it) that a lot of people have already tried. I'd say the closest device to this device is the puffco pro. The puffco pro is $400 I see online. I paid for the puffco pro around the time that it came out. In the last few months, the usb-c charging portion of the device stopped working, forcing me to only wireless charge to charge the device. The puffco in my opinion is pretty much the ideal device. For some people, it's kind of expensive. In my eyes, what JCVAP has done is ported the puffco, made it significantly cheaper, meanwhile made it more powerful.

The device comes with standard things. If you go to their site you can see pictures of all the stuff. Here is a text list with comments:

1x pockety base & 5d chamber
1x glass
1x quartz insert (and whatever insert you add additionally to cart)
1x brush (to clean? I haven't tried it)
1x loading tool (standard, I'd grab any of the hot knife options from any reputable company. they are all good. I have a few and prefer my puffco hot knife)
1x usb cable (you probably won't use it, it is kind of short. I bought a magnetic usb charger off of amazon. I don't want what happened to my puffco to happen on another device.
5x q tips (I'd grab some glob mops or something similar. makes wiping wax out super convenient)
1x manual and leather case

Longevity:
I've used the JCVAP atomizer on my puffco pro prior to using the pockety. I've always preferred their atomizers over puffcos. As soon as they came out with an ALN option for the puffco pro, I bought it instantly. I've used that atomizer and bowl for over a year with no issues. I occasionally torch the bowl and/or alcohol the atomizer. Every 3-6 months I have to rebuild the atomizer (I generally pay the extra few $ to have them pre built). They have made things so hassle free for me. I anticipate longevity wise for this to last similarly long. So for now, I can't speak on longevity, but as a company their longevity has been pretty good for me.

5d chamber:
The 5d chamber heats throughout the entire surface area. The standard puffco heats down through a plate, and their 3d chamber heats around. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, I'm a little high. Their 5d chamber far outperforms the puffco 3d chamber. It heats up way faster, and cleansssss out the dab. There is no dab to re heat to take when you're done with it. You'll know when it is done because it won't be producing as much vapor. I'll talk about that in relation to how simple it is to clean later on. Just know, the flavor is consistent and delicious. If you love the 3d chamber puffco provides, you'll love this one even more.

Battery:
I was concerned about the battery not being significant enough. They provide 2x 18650 batteries as the batteries. The batteries are not swappable if you're curious, I was curious. It'd be cool if they were swappable. For example, I love my DTV5 for on the go because batteries are swappable. I unfortunately haven't counted how many dabs I can take with one charge. I will take 10-20 dabs a day and charge it every 2-3 days it seems like. It lasts long enough for sure. Even with the 5d chamber being so powerful, it takes plenty of dabs.

Cleaning:
Cleaning is easy. It has been the least messy device to date for me. I take off the atomizer every few days to see if any wax has gotten sucked through from chugging a dab. Sometimes a friend will super chug a dab and end up sucking wax through the hole of the puffco, into the atomizer/atomizer hole and the glass. I have been most impressed with how well this device uses the dab. I have torched the ALN bowl a few times, but have not had to alcohol the atomizer at all. It doesn't seem believable, but I don't see any wax on the atomizer or in the hole. The most I see is a few bits of dust if I leave the atomizer off for too long. When the dab is done (I use rosin), it wipes completely away. It doesn't leave any marks. Just for reference, I personally would alcohol the puffco pro 3d chamber twice a week or so. I'll still clean this, possibly as often, but the point is I wouldn't really need to. It's more of a cleanliness aspect rather than it being a necessity to me personally.
base.png

attty.png

Function:
Incredible, really. My initial intention was to purchase this and use the 5d atomizer in my puffco until the puffco finally died, and then I'd have the pockety as a backup. It works on the puffco the same as the pockety. For some reason, despite having a really nice glass piece for my puffco pro, I still prefer using the pockety. It feels a bit more smooth. It's really, really smooth. Almost too smooth. The first few days of having it, I got more high than I planned to each time. The device comes with 3 or 4 profiles (the beta didn't, but now that it is released it does). There is an opportunity to smoke flower out of this as well, however I haven't tried that. I didn't buy this device for that, I have other devices for that.

Glass attachments/Accessories:
I wish there was a better option for the glass, and I wish that there was an adapter for the bong that you could purchase. There isn't yet, but they said they are working on both. I was able to use my puffco pro cable (I bought my adapter from creamcityvapes. I'm not sure if most adapter cables would work) to put it into a bong. I also use a different carb cap and a tuffteather. For someone who really insists on pushing the vapor into a bong, that makes me sad. I am happy that the cable fits, but do hope that there will be a better option in the future for me to use.

photo-2022-10-13-21-56-25.jpg

Overall:
Very impressed by this device. I made an account to post this review. I've occasionally browed for years to read reviews to help make my decision on what device to buy at the time, but haven't made an account. Hope to contribute to the community going forward.

Here is the coupon code if anyone wants it. I don't know when it expires or what the limit is. They gave it to me to use since I buy from them often. It gives 50% off the device. I actually ended up buying a second device as a backup because of the 50% off, and am waiting on that one to arrive.

"PCT-50"

If I missed anything, just reply and ask the question, I'll reply when I can.

Misterhyde

I actually bit the bullet and bought one of these devices today. I hope it is as good as I keep reading. I hope I'm not too offensive but these reviews are beginning to look too good to be true. Maybe I'm just becoming paranoid. If the most recent review is actually honest then I truly appreciate it. This is the 3rd one of these 50% codes I have seen now. It just recently occurred to me that I could be getting flooded with false information. Hopefully I recieve a great product and am just scared by such positivity.

DankNug

I actually bit the bullet and bought one of these devices today. I hope it is as good as I keep reading. I hope I'm not too offensive but these reviews are beginning to look too good to be true. Maybe I'm just becoming paranoid. If the most recent review is actually honest then I truly appreciate it. This is the 3rd one of these 50% codes I have seen now. It just recently occurred to me that I could be getting flooded with false information. Hopefully I recieve a great product and am just scared by such positivity.
Super fair. I've seen a few codes as well. I bought mine initially without a discount code sadly lol, while it was in beta. Bought a second one (this morning actually) because of the discount as a backup. I tried to make my review as detailed and honest. There are definitely things I wish there were options for. Better glass, an adapter, swappable batteries, probably a few more things if I really thought about it. As for overall cloudy function, it performs better than the puffco pro to me at an incredible price. The only thing I haven't tried yet is rebuilding the atomizer. I am really hoping it lasts at least 3-6 months with heavy usage. What they told me was that they have a rep for atomizers and things (which is true) but not for devices like this. They are offering the code as a means to get people through the door. I can't imagine the code lasting long.

Let me know if you have any problems with it. Definitely would be nice to know stuff to look out for. I've been very impressed so far, and hope it lasts long. So far, I don't feel deceived.

jcvap.jpg

DankNug

mine's arriving any day now... been stocking up on getting stuff for it as well in the meantime (hot knife, tether, small ball og bubble cap, etc). hoping itll be here tomorrow or monday...
That's basically my set up lol. Super awesome. did you get aln or sic? or something else? Based on your sig, you've tried a ton of stuff. After testing it out, let me know if you've tried something that is better. My favorites currently is

JCC

I've been on the concentrate sideline since I first heard about the daab, which I didn't bite on when scott @VGOODIEZ had them for $175. Then the cricket and this, pockety, both 50% off, I'll keep watching until there's more info, cheers!

Top Bottom