JCVAP "Pockety"

felvapes

My pockety suddendly only charges half way. Anyone else experiencing this?

Edit: never mind. It updated randomly after several hours, went from half to full almost instantaneously. False alarm, my bad! Wish I could remove a post instead.
Never had that issue
He has just completed days of testing multiple units and has not had the fixed bugs return
So patched/upgraded software units should be shipping to people soon hopefully that have been waiting with no more reset issues or temps that don't auto off

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hi, I received my Pockety with Ruby insert a week ago and I want to say it's an amazing device despite the design isn't the best.

I never vaped with ruby and I want to say how much I'm impressed how long the taste last, although the vapor thickness and smothness isn't like with sic material.

So the good things are the taste, replacable inserts (it came with a spare quartz insert but I didn't gave it a try), the temperature control feature, the effective bubbler and the T° settings (one press change heat settings, there is 4 different pre-selected heat settings but you can still fine tune using up&down buttons and I think the device can achieve pretty big clouds (for now I use it in-between 400-450°F and clouds are decent enough but not big with the Ruby insert).

Although there is some issues, first it appears the T° is "dancing" around the target temp by +/- 30 degrees, not sure this is happen all the time, is it like the device is supposed to work? And, once, the software might have crashed cause the puff counter came back to 0 and device set on another T° than previously selected... Did I do a reset sequence...? I don't know to be honnest and user guide isn't very detailed (no mentions of the heat settings i.e). As well there isn't so much autonomy, 2 cycles for a dab and after 5-6 dabs I have to put the device back on the charger. For me it's good enough but I know this is may be an issue for others users. Full charge (from 1/2 bars to full) is up of 4 hours using a QC3.0 quick charger (not so quick in fact!). And it's very bad thing the batteries to be not user removeable considering the asked price, I think it's a "must to do" on next units, this is will keep peoples away of the device.
The Pockety please me very much despite the device is rather big, design isn't very "styled" but it's convenient&simple. About the taste, which is the main reason I like the device, the Ruby insert is probably the main reason why it taste so good but the heating technolofgy seems on point, I could be wrong though, I'll give it a test with the provided quartz insert and will probably order a sic one soon.

Good device which will complement very well my M22, DT4.0 and Qomo's.

felvapes

Hi, I received my Pockety with Ruby insert a week ago and I want to say it's an amazing device despite the design isn't the best.

I never vaped with ruby and I want to say how much I'm impressed how long the taste last, although the vapor thickness and smothness isn't like with sic material.

So the good things are the taste, replacable inserts (it came with a spare quartz insert but I didn't gave it a try), the temperature control feature, the effective bubbler and the T° settings (one press change heat settings, there is 4 different pre-selected heat settings but you can still fine tune using up&down buttons and I think the device can achieve pretty big clouds (for now I use it in-between 400-450°F and clouds are decent enough but not big with the Ruby insert).

Although there is some issues, first it appears the T° is "dancing" around the target temp by +/- 30 degrees, not sure this is happen all the time, is it like the device is supposed to work? And, once, the software might have crashed cause the puff counter came back to 0 and device set on another T° than previously selected... Did I do a reset sequence...? I don't know to be honnest and user guide isn't very detailed (no mentions of the heat settings i.e). As well there isn't so much autonomy, 2 cycles for a dab and after 5-6 dabs I have to put the device back on the charger. For me it's good enough but I know this is may be an issue for others users. Full charge (from 1/2 bars to full) is up of 4 hours using a QC3.0 quick charger (not so quick in fact!). And it's very bad thing the batteries to be not user removeable considering the asked price, I think it's a "must to do" on next units, this is will keep peoples away of the device.
The Pockety please me very much despite the device is rather big, design isn't very "styled" but it's convenient&simple. About the taste, which is the main reason I like the device, the Ruby insert is probably the main reason why it taste so good but the heating technolofgy seems on point, I could be wrong though, I'll give it a test with the provided quartz insert and will probably order a sic one soon.

Good device which will complement very well my M22, DT4.0 and Qomo's.
If you read through this thread you will find your answers regarding the reset and the temp hunt
It only does it on 14 temp settings
All your queries have been answered prior

The charger doesn't take 4 hours to charge but I have noticed the last bit sometimes flashes rather than stopping
It also has passthrough charging

All the bug testing has finished and some people have noticed they now have a tracking number so those units should be on the way to people now

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I got mine yesterday, showed up damaged due to the wire S/S rubbing on the unit, luckily the experience only got better from there.
1667904033612-jpg.41954

I charged it for 5 hours but it never showed as full (this happens a lot with other vapes first time). I iso q-tipped the atty and hot water rinsed the bubbler.
The device operates just like my Peak Pro so was easy to navigate. Nice big blob for a first run, shown with a 5mm Shitsu Dnail pearl,
1667909065877-jpg.41955

I run the unit at 245c/475f (my low temp Peak Pro yum spot) for some very tasty puffs that would have been very similar to the Peak Pro but may be a little denser with clouds.
One benefit of the Pockety so far is the really flat bottom of the cup. My terp ball can easily roll straight across the cup to spread rosin enenly between heat cycles (2 in the largish above low temp dab) where the Peak Pro is slightly higher in the middle of the cup and makes the terp pear stay on the sides.
The Pro travel top works OK but keeps creeping up between uses but does help a lot with alleviating neck strain,
1667963832610-jpg.41956

I tried the live chat on JCVape site but after being ghosted for an hour just sent them my info and the above pic to say to pack the S/S brush differently to fix my only problem in the future. I also left my email and we will see if John gets back to me.
So for the price, I can say I am not disappointed as it hits like or better than my Peak Pro with all you need on the screen on the device. I would like to see a user-selectable session timer but so far I get 2 x puffs per heat cycle which is about right for my larger low temp dabs but may be too long for smaller hight temp one-hitters...nice too by the way but I really like the low temps here the same as my Peak Pro.
I also got the ruby insert but will keep using the AIN for a week or 2 as I know the ruby is more flavour than cloud orientated whereas the AIN does both and you can torch it clean if ever needed but I doubt anyone will char a load on it myself.

DankNug

I got mine yesterday, showed up damaged due to the wire S/S rubbing on the unit, luckily the experience only got better from there.
1667904033612-jpg.41954

I charged it for 5 hours but it never showed as full (this happens a lot with other vapes first time). I iso q-tipped the atty and hot water rinsed the bubbler.
The device operates just like my Peak Pro so was easy to navigate. Nice big blob for a first run, shown with a 5mm Shitsu Dnail pearl,
1667909065877-jpg.41955

I run the unit at 245c/475f (my low temp Peak Pro yum spot) for some very tasty puffs that would have been very similar to the Peak Pro but may be a little denser with clouds.
One benefit of the Pockety so far is the really flat bottom of the cup. My terp ball can easily roll straight across the cup to spread rosin enenly between heat cycles (2 in the largish above low temp dab) where the Peak Pro is slightly higher in the middle of the cup and makes the terp pear stay on the sides.
The Pro travel top works OK but keeps creeping up between uses but does help a lot with alleviating neck strain,
1667963832610-jpg.41956

I tried the live chat on JCVape site but after being ghosted for an hour just sent them my info and the above pic to say to pack the S/S brush differently to fix my only problem in the future. I also left my email and we will see if John gets back to me.
So for the price, I can say I am not disappointed as it hits like or better than my Peak Pro with all you need on the screen on the device. I would like to see a user-selectable session timer but so far I get 2 x puffs per heat cycle which is about right for my larger low temp dabs but may be too long for smaller hight temp one-hitters...nice too by the way but I really like the low temps here the same as my Peak Pro.
I also got the ruby insert but will keep using the AIN for a week or 2 as I know the ruby is more flavour than cloud orientated whereas the AIN does both and you can torch it clean if ever needed but I doubt anyone will char a load on it myself.
I really agree with the pearl use. It goes through the dab so quickly, I love it.

If he doesn't reply, try instagram. That's how I communicate with him really effectively.

I too got the battery thing on the second device that I got, but not the first for some reason. I was like 😮 John told me to charge it for at least 24 hours, I did and it was perfect after that.

felvapes

I am too busy doing nothing to go on insta anything.:2c:
I sure am glad I got something to replace my Peak Pro as it really is faltering lately...the Peak Pro lights firing up during the Walking Dead was a nice fright though before they died again...bloody zombie vape!
Good stuff seeing your comparison between the two and that you are enjoying the pockety as much or more than the pro
I have been waiting to hear more owners of both give their thoughts

My ruby insert arrived today
I'm impressed, I expected it to produce a lot thinner clouds
They maybe are a bit less dense than the sic, but still very satisfying cloudage and tasty dabs
Some different notes on the tongue
Ruby in the past I have tried tasted nice but made for wispy dabs
This thing gives me a really nice combination of both

Looking forward to my patched unit arriving with the aln
I need to see what all the fuss is about with it

Misterhyde

How does that work? Photo please. what fittings do you use at either end of the whip?
I have not yet gained the lucrative skill of posting images to Fuckcombustion.com. This is a link to a starry whip. It has everything needed to connect the pockety to a 14mm glass piece. You just shove the other end with the black piece into the hole on the top, it fits perfectly. https://www.planetofthevapes.com/products/starry-water-pipe-adapter

The same whip works to connect many vapes to glass.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Looking forward to my patched unit arriving with the aln
I need to see what all the fuss is about with it
It sure does hit nice and quick with an easy clean up.
Super excited for this!
pockety.png
I think I will wait for the adapter to place the atty directly to the bong...I detest silicon whips.
Thanks for the hint to try insta @DankNug but I was able to talk on the Live Chat on the JCVap site today and worked out a solution and the packing problem should be resolved moving forward.

felvapes

Super excited for this!
pockety.png
I actually helped him design this last night
He had a different design that just had a glass tube exit for the whip to slide over
I helped him make this with the female joint so a gog m/m adaptor can be used and people can use hydrotubes or whatever as well as a whip
It sure does hit nice and quick with an easy clean up.

I think I will wait for the adapter to place the atty directly to the bong...I detest silicon whips.
Thanks for the hint to try insta @DankNug but I was able to talk on the Live Chat on the JCVap site today and worked out a solution and the packing problem should be resolved moving forward.
I also mentioned yesterday about the SS brush as I and one other had noticed a tiny scratch after you pointed it out
Nothing big on mine but I noticed it and mentioned to him about your case about packing it better or making a silicone cap

felvapes

Is this still going to happen,
Screenshot-20221030-124829.png
Still trying to make it work properly afaik
He doesn't like releasing products that don't work
Hence the shit beta testers that happened originally with the pockety
I am sure it will happen though, just gotta make it work well

OyVape

OK, I got my Pockety a few days ago, and it is truly a little monster (all apologies to Lady Gaga). I am pretty much a low temp cold start dabber, rarely going over 500. Even so, this thing kicks ass as low as 400, pumping out more delicious vapor than I can really handle! So there is no problem in that department. Power for days.

Well, turns out mine has the temp bugs and resets. It also seems prone to turning off at random. I think it was sent out just before the bug was discovered. How can I contact Jcvap about this? The temp bug is not that big a problem but turning off while it’s heating is.

Personally, I’ve never had this kind of E-rig (Puffco virgin here), and I’ve had a hard time getting the hang of the minuscule carb cap—and I have small hands. For one thing, I kept thinking there was a hole on top. Maybe it’s just my inexperience, but I find the whole carb cap assembly to be awkward and aggravating. The tether keeps coming loose, pulling the rubber ring off center so it doesn’t seal properly. And the teeny tiny cap keeps falling in and getting wax on the end, or falling out in the couch somewhere. Are there decent alternatives for any of these components?

Also, how do you remove the insert and replace it? How do you pull out the white ring at the top?

I have also never used SiC before and I hear it is not supposed to Chazz, but my insert has developed a seemingly permanent smeary area in it near the center after using hash rosin. I have cleaned it dry, with alcohol, and with distilled water. Should this be a concern?

It also seems to drain a lot of battery in only a few sessions. Then it feels too hot to charge safely. And sometimes the metal case of the unit is almost too hot to touch.

I think I read here that jcvap told someone to charge their unit for 24 hours, so maybe that matters. I received mine fully charged but continued to charge it for about 4 hours more before using, as is advisable with most new vapes.

And meanwhile, back at the McGuyver ranch, I keep tinkering with various glass and silicone fittings to try to make an extended mouthpiece. Must be the sativa… @LesPlenty, how’s that travel pack mouthpiece working?

Interesting to hear about the Halo adapter. The advantage of the whip is you could plug it into your favorite recycler and really blast off!

Last edited:

felvapes

OK, I got my Pockety a few days ago, and it is truly a little monster (all apologies to Lady Gaga). I am pretty much a low temp cold start dabber, rarely going over 500. Even so, this thing kicks ass as low as 400, pumping out more delicious vapor than I can really handle! So there is no problem in that department. Power for days.

Well, turns out mine has the temp bugs and resets. It also seems prone to turning off at random. I think it was sent out just before the bug was discovered. How can I contact Jcvap about this? The temp bug is not that big a problem but turning off while it’s heating is.

Personally, I’ve never had this kind of E-rig (Puffco virgin here), and I’ve had a hard time getting the hang of the minuscule carb cap—and I have small hands. For one thing, I kept thinking there was a hole on top. Maybe it’s just my inexperience, but I find the whole carb cap assembly to be awkward and aggravating. The tether keeps coming loose, pulling the rubber ring off center so it doesn’t seal properly. And the teeny tiny cap keeps falling in and getting wax on the end, or falling out in the couch somewhere. Are there decent alternatives for any of these components?

Also, how do you remove the insert and replace it? How do you pull out the white ring at the top?

I have also never used SiC before and I hear it is not supposed to Chazz, but my insert has developed a seemingly permanent smeary area in it near the center after using hash rosin. I have cleaned it dry, with alcohol, and with distilled water. Should this be a concern?

It also seems to drain a lot of battery in only a few sessions. Then it feels too hot to charge safely. And sometimes the metal case of the unit is almost too hot to touch.

I think I read here that jcvap told someone to charge their unit for 24 hours, so maybe that matters. I received mine fully charged but continued to charge it for about 4 hours more before using, as is advisable with most new vapes.

And meanwhile, back at the McGuyver ranch, I keep tinkering with various glass and silicone fittings to try to make an extended mouthpiece. Must be the sativa… @LesPlenty, how’s that travel pack mouthpiece working?

Interesting to hear about the Halo adapter. The advantage of the whip is you could plug it into your favorite recycler and really blast off!
I'm a bit busy now to answer all that right now
But most of your answers have been given in previous posts if you have time to read through

I'll try to come back later to reply if you don't get the answers by reading this thread

EDIT
The turning off thing is not normal
You won't get a new unit for the bugs
But the turning off is an issue

Contact John via IG if you can or by email
They will sort you out if the unit is faulty as in turning off - this may be a machining issue with the chamber and connection
John will sort you out I am quite sure

Your sic shouldn't be burning at low temps
The SS brush is brilliant
But again - if the unit is turning off I would contact John and I'm sure they will fix you up
The tether I removed as it's too short and can lift the gasket
Take it off and the lid stays on
Not sure why it's falling out unless you stuck it in too far though
Never heard any issues about the ball cap
Just remove the tether and it should all stay in place while using
The hole is on the side of you notice

Sorry if I sounded short earlier, busy helping my dad who has cancer today
Most of the other info you asked is in the thread and I'll try to help later if still need further assistance

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
how’s that travel pack mouthpiece working?
Great, it stays on a bit like a suction cup. It sometimes rides up a bit between sessions so I just give it a little push to make sure it is seated before each session.
The Halo should work on your recycler the same. The one @felvapes showed will be great for Hydrotubes to mate directly on top of the unit.
14MM-Hubble-bubbler-HYDRATUBE-WATER-TOOL-Bubbler-Glass-Attachment.jpg_50x50.jpg_.webp

LesPlenty,
Reactions: felvapes

felvapes

Great, it stays on a bit like a suction cup. It sometimes rides up a bit between sessions so I just give it a little push to make sure it is seated before each session.

The Halo should work on your recycler the same. The one @felvapes showed will be great for Hydrotubes to mate directly on top of the unit.
14MM-Hubble-bubbler-HYDRATUBE-WATER-TOOL-Bubbler-Glass-Attachment.jpg_50x50.jpg_.webp

Okay
So he actually just contacted me and had a conversation about the halo adaptor
It is no longer going ahead at this stage
Apparently they have done much testing and are unable to make a reliable connection
They can't get the custom 4 wire cord (power x2 and thermocouple x2) made cheaply enough for smaller runs (other methods make the cord too thick and not usable for purpose and the unit becomes big and chunky) and have had many connection issues
It costs quite a lot to manufacture and has more parts than the pockety battery box itself
So rather than release a product that would have too many issues he has decided to stop production on the adaptor as the only way to make it work would make the cost too much for any of us to want to buy it
He probably shouldn't have put in on the site so early but at least he didn't release it faulty I guess

Sucks but maybe one day in the future he will return to this
What's funny - that was an idea he got from the one beta tester that got back to him - it cost him lots of money trying and isn't doable
But those testers couldn't find the bugs I did

Anyway, that's the scoop on the halo adaptor

And the reason he took so long to get back to @LesPlenty online was because there must be a jelly manufacturer or bored hacker out there causing trouble and he had an attack on the website with bots making multiple accounts and clogging the system trying to make it crash - nasty tactics right there imo

All our info is safe though unlike with Optus ausland or Medibank and he has now put authentication stages in place for when you make an account to prove you are not a robot to prevent such in the future
He's considering adding an email verification stage also just to be sure

Bummer about the halo adaptor
But at least the whip adaptor is a bit more universal now I guess
I probably would have used it to try, but I may not have used all the time as I already hit the native bubbler dry
I know lots of others would have loved it though

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Oh well, a simple low-as-possible 14 or 18-mm male joint for topping with whatever one desires would probably get used more and be a lot cheaper anyway.
I have been using my unit with the Peak Pro ball cap and a 6mm ruby pearl at 230c/445f tonight and it opens up airflow quite a bit as it has a larger carb hole. Not sure if I like it more this way or not but it does fit better than the stock setup. As stated by others the OE cap tether/lanyard can wriggle out of whack a bit.
So many Peak Pro options for a ball cap and tether if a person wants to upgrade.

felvapes

Oh well, a simple low-as-possible 14 or 18-mm male joint for topping with whatever one desires would probably get used more and be a lot cheaper anyway.
I have been using my unit with the Peak Pro ball cap and a 6mm ruby pearl at 230c/445f tonight and it opens up airflow quite a bit as it has a larger carb hole. Not sure if I like it more this way or not but it does fit better than the stock setup. As stated by others the OE cap tether/lanyard can wriggle out of whack a bit.
So many Peak Pro options for a ball cap and tether if a person wants to upgrade.
Yea I have seen puffco gasket and after market caps used
I took the gasket off and used a ball cap I had bought for the Carta OG on the ceramic to try
It has more airflow and tasted nice, but the vapour was thinner as a result of the the air that gets around the outside of the glass cap without a gasket
I decided I liked the factory cap in a gasket more for the denser clouds, the slight difference in flavour isn't enough to outweigh the clouds for me

I have looked at some aftermarket puffco bubble caps, only as they have a longer handle
But I'm waiting to hear from people who have bought some combinations to try and am also getting used to stock as it is
Also been waiting for people like you with both to try things likewise before I buy anything
But there is definitely lots of tethers and caps etc that fit from the puffco as options

OyVape

Is it possible to buy just the mouthpiece thingy from the travel pack? I don’t need the extras

Can anyone explain how to remove The white ring around the top of the atty to change out inserts?

felvapes

Is it possible to buy just the mouthpiece thingy from the travel pack? I don’t need the extras

Can anyone explain how to remove The white ring around the top of the atty to change out inserts?
As I mentioned in an earlier post, warm the chamber up a bit so you melt any reclaim that may stick parts together or break something
Then remove the chamber from the pockety
Then unscrew the chamber, it is in two halves
Do this carefully as they are fine threads
Swap insert
Screw back together carefully, they are fine threads
Replace the chamber in pockety
Happy dabby days 😊

SonicBacon

Does anyone know if the Pockety has a stealth mode? Even when set to the dimmest setting I feel like I am sending a beacon across to the neighbours when I hit it outside at night, also it would be nice to hit this thing bedside without waking anyone.

Cheers

Top Bottom