JCVAP "Pockety"

CaptBongRipper

Life goes on, man...
When did your order originally ship?
Mine never shipped. Ordered Sunday night and got the email from him Tuesday evening that shipment was delayed until 11/10/22. Kind of a bummer, but...
200.gif

felvapes

Really impressive you going through all the temps. Thanks for doing it.

On another note, I kind of want to try this out.

I was on pre-order for that for ages
The company is a joke, the pre-order has been since last year and they keep delaying the release
Every two weeks they are releasing it in two weeks hahaa
It's designed by Randall who made the OG Carta and he is still using the same old heatplate tech
The Carta blew plates all the time and you had to change them
Also that discord is disgusting - they abuse all their customers and gaslight them if they ask any questions at all
They delete comments and reactions
They sold it as advertised on site with a sic bucket standard - in the list of shit that comes in the box like a charger etc, also sent this in email to people
Then argued and told everyone we were wrong and it was ceramic only - took many customers showing screenshots and two weeks of discussion (where they kept deleting people's comments) before they said okay
People who asked for a refund are made to wait weeks - it took me three weeks of emails before they actually processed my refund
Randall also posted the other month asking on his discord if his customers want to buy a majority share of the company so " he can focus on other projects" hahaha - right on the supposed release of his latest two products
Doesn't sound suss at all does it?
Also once your in you are stuck with them to buy replacement parts etc and they take for ever to ship etc etc
I'd avoid the company and products as much as possible fromy personal experience and there's plenty of others who jumped ship after 6 months or more of BS and abuse
I asked someone the other day how it's going and they said they just posted again that it's another two weeks hahaha
Just my :2c: and experience, by all means feel free to give it a go and tell us what you think
A lot I left out too

I was so happy when the pockety popped up and that's when o contacted John in the first place
Mine never shipped. Ordered Sunday night and got the email from him Tuesday evening that shipment was delayed until 11/10/22. Kind of a bummer, but...
200.gif
Yea but at least you will get a patched version
He is doing right by the customer

felvapes

Oh, ok. Well mine shipped on 10/31 and has not done anything since so either it’s not going anywhere or it didn’t get scanned.
He had sent some orders but managed to catch the post and get them back - he asked me if he should send them as is or hold the post and fix them
I told him to fix them first as I assumed most people would prefer to wait 1 extra week and get a bugless unit rather then get it sooner and be buggy

I still have been unable to replicate the reset
I am trying to do so though so a reason can be established and then fixed
He told me it should hopefully be fixed in a few days by his engineers

He has been in the factory putting in long testing hours himself to try and sort this as quickly and thoroughly as possible

I take this as a sign of a good manufacturer and one that is keen on keeping the customers happy - not just try to push his product as is to cover the costs - most companies make you wait till the first run has been sold and they create version 2

CaptBongRipper

Life goes on, man...
He had sent some orders but managed to catch the post and get them back - he asked me if he should send them as is or hold the post and fix them
I told him to fix them first as I assumed most people would prefer to wait 1 extra week and get a bugless unit rather then get it sooner and be buggy

I take this as a sign of a good manufacturer and one that is keen on keeping the customers happy - not just try to push his product as is to cover the costs - most companies make you wait till the first run has been sold and they create version 2
Good call to tell him to hold off, thanks!

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I wonder why they'd use those.
The same reason Puffco Peak Pro and few others have them, the small size.
it’s not going anywhere or it didn’t get scanned.
I had a parcel show up this week that I ordered from China in March and was credited for in May, almost a new record for me but I always tick free shipping!:lol:
I would rather wait an extra week or 2 for the bugs to be fixed but I think mine has already been sent, still, no problem to work around.

DankNug

I had a parcel show up this week that I ordered from China in March and was credited for in May, almost a new record for me but I always tick free shipping!:lol:
I would rather wait an extra week or 2 for the bugs to be fixed but I think mine has already been sent, still, no problem to work around.
The puffco pro uses them? Dang, well, I've used my puffco pro for nearly 2 years it seems without issue. Thanks for letting me know.
I was on pre-order for that for ages
The company is a joke, the pre-order has been since last year and they keep delaying the release
Every two weeks they are releasing it in two weeks hahaa
It's designed by Randall who made the OG Carta and he is still using the same old heatplate tech
The Carta blew plates all the time and you had to change them
Also that discord is disgusting - they abuse all their customers and gaslight them if they ask any questions at all
They delete comments and reactions
They sold it as advertised on site with a sic bucket standard - in the list of shit that comes in the box like a charger etc, also sent this in email to people
Then argued and told everyone we were wrong and it was ceramic only - took many customers showing screenshots and two weeks of discussion (where they kept deleting people's comments) before they said okay
People who asked for a refund are made to wait weeks - it took me three weeks of emails before they actually processed my refund
Randall also posted the other month asking on his discord if his customers want to buy a majority share of the company so " he can focus on other projects" hahaha - right on the supposed release of his latest two products
Doesn't sound suss at all does it?
Also once your in you are stuck with them to buy replacement parts etc and they take for ever to ship etc etc
I'd avoid the company and products as much as possible fromy personal experience and there's plenty of others who jumped ship after 6 months or more of BS and abuse
I asked someone the other day how it's going and they said they just posted again that it's another two weeks hahaha
Just my :2c: and experience, by all means feel free to give it a go and tell us what you think
A lot I left out too

I was so happy when the pockety popped up and that's when o contacted John in the first place

Yea but at least you will get a patched version
He is doing right by the customer
Sheeeeesh. Thanks for the info, dude! I had a carta, and considered getting the carta 2 or whatever. I waited, waited, waited, and this came out so I quickly jumped on board because I've been buying from john for a while now. Super trust him.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Reddit Yeezy battery upgrades,
21 Oct 2020 — We construct a higher quality battery using 18350 cells that are 30% larger in capacity. Puffco uses 850mAh. We use 1200mAh. 2400mAh vs.
I pulled my Peak Pro apart for the 2000 dab service and got as far as the battery pack but did not have the final security bit to get the battery case apart. It looked like it held 2x18350 or 2x RCR123a but after research, I could only find info on the OG Peak and that has 2x18350 so I am pretty sure that is what the Pro would use. I will of course open mine up completely when needed to confirm before I order a replacement as I now have the bit to do it.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Reddit Yeezy battery upgrades,
21 Oct 2020 — We construct a higher quality battery using 18350 cells that are 30% larger in capacity. Puffco uses 850mAh. We use 1200mAh. 2400mAh vs.
I pulled my Peak Pro apart for the 2000 dab service and got as far as the battery pack but did not have the final security bit to get the battery case apart. It looked like it held 2x18350 or 2x RCR123a but after research, I could only find info on the OG Peak and that has 2x18350 so I am pretty sure that is what the Pro would use. I will of course open mine up completely when needed to confirm before I order a replacement as I now have the bit to do it.

I did a brief search before I posted, couldn’t find anything on batteries in a Peak Pro, but I remember you own one and would know more. 18350 is an odd choice, and just two…. My Oura (Peak copy), I believe uses LiPo. When device shape is small or odd shaped, many manufacturers use custom LiPo packs. I played with 18350’s years ago with ECig mods, then last year bought a Davinci Miqro, which uses that size, bought 4. Being a conduction oven, the batteries don’t last long, and since I have the larger IQ2 with 18650 batteries, I reach for that. Perhaps these little electronic oil rigs don’t demand the higher amps, to heat the small cups for shorter times.

I’ll still stand by overall negative opinions on these small 18350’s. If Peak is using two of them, it’s too bad they didn’t make them swappable, that’s usually when they are chosen.

RustyOldNail,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I’ll still stand by overall negative opinions on these small 18350’s. If Peak is using two of them, it’s too bad they didn’t make them swappable, that’s usually when they are chosen.
Puffco make them anything but easy to swap. The saving grace with the Pro is the magnetic charging, just so convenient and great at shortening battery life!
I am glad the Pockety uses 18650 batteries and I am sure they will be easy to swap compared to the Puffco once they loose performance in a few years (plus there are so many good cheap 18650 options compared to 18350)

Danez4twenty

I mean, I wouldn’t be upset if they had held my order either but I think mine went a day too soon. It‘s just brutal when USPS is lazy. And just as I thought I had my new postal deliverer set that is perfect, last night I find my 3 boxes for delivery in a plastic bag out at the mailbox by the road In the wet grass! My house is literally a football field away from there.

felvapes

So I have been a bit of a convert to the @80Sixed and @Misterhyde high temps pockety hits

I've had a few and it stays so smooth even dry as I hit it at 620 or even 640
And man does it slap you in the face
Still cleans up fine too

But the face slapping hits, wow
Sesh takes more than one draw for my sized dabs, but it definitely finishes quicker
The hits to the dome tho.... I had a good old floor stare last night, and then when I wrote a post after I had a screen stare before posting

Fun times with the pockety
Buggy unit rocks still

Also speaking with John the temp hunt/session timer issue has been solved
The reset has taken a bit longer to fix, but he thinks he is on it now

It isn't a safety issue for the units we already have though because - 1, we turn it off after the dab and before cleaning anyway so the auto off is not as bad and it doesn't turn on itself
And 2 - the first thought on why it resets was possibly because it has a safety cut off for if the batteries get too hot, he thought it may be happening and reset the unit.
First thought was maybe he needs to raise the safety cut off temp
But this wasn't the case and he is currently testing the reset fix to ensure it is good

Either way
Even if you forgot to turn your device off it won't heat up till it melts as there is a safety cut off switch for the batteries if they get too hot

And in all my 300 setting testing (and couple hundred in C) that I did back to back I worked those batteries hard and the unit did not get very hot all (the chamber got hot but not the body/batteries)
My ALP body gets hotter with use (batteries fine to touch though)

So fixes have almost been finalised and those of us with the small bugs have nothing to be concerned about safety wise - just avoided those 14 temps for peace of mind/ease of use

@DankNug yea I have an OG Carta too
Did it's thing but was a pita to clean hahaa
And those blowing heatplates....fug me

The Carta 2 is no longer attached to Randall so it is now different and has good reviews
The v-go and versa are just using slightly improved versions of the same tech in the Carta though and is all Randall - dodgy suss business practices
I got another update from someone still in there - today they delayed the shipment again for a few weeks but this time they said "if we fly them over it may take a couple weeks, if we ship them it might be 6 weeks" these delays happen every fortnight over there haha
What a joke full of BS excuses -but hey anyone wanna buy majority shares in the company it certainly looks like it's going well
He only changed back and forth between two company names 3 times while I was on pre-order lmao "nothing suss"
China has no issues with post - look how quickly we all get our pocketys lol
Randall has blamed factory shut downs and Rona shipping - all while I buy shit from china constantly with no issues hahaa

Last edited:

OyVape

I ordered mine 10/27 and it shipped 10/31, but tracking shows it stuck in Springfield Gardens, NY for 5 days “on the way to USPS from shipping partner Ding Hong.”

Anyone else experiencing this unknown delay.? Does it mean it was somehow recalled to China for the firmware patch?

Asteroweed

I ordered mine 10/27 and it shipped 10/31, but tracking shows it stuck in Springfield Gardens, NY for 5 days “on the way to USPS from shipping partner Ding Hong.”

Anyone else experiencing this unknown delay.? Does it mean it was somehow recalled to China for the firmware patch?
FYI, even if I think we're not exactly in the same situation: I ordered this monday, and get the firmware bug message on wednesday It says my unit should be sent Nov 17th

felvapes

I am not sure mate sometimes the tracking says lots of weird things to me from merica or China (or elsewhere lol) and sometimes it just turns up the next day
That does look like yours may be in your country though and with local postal services
FYI, even if I think we're not exactly in the same situation: I ordered this monday, and get the firmware bug message on wednesday It says my unit should be sent Nov 17th
Yours will be as you say on hold while he ensures the bugs are fixed and do not reoccur

felvapes

Has anyone tried the dry herb version? Just wondering if it is worth looking at or just an afterthought on a device designed primarily for concentrates. Thanks!
Yea
Not worth imo
As usual it's secondary to the trates and doesn't keep up with a dedicated herb rig

I'm pretty sure I've convinced him to focus on the trates with this rig and if he wants to step into herb it needs to be a seperate rig

I have stepped back to the lower temps lately for flavour
I do prefer it lower down
But it's nice to mix it up now and then

500/555/635 are my temps

felvapes

Before I accidentally damage my atomizer, has anyone broken it down to clean yet? How far? Can I remove the actual heater or does that whole bottom half go into anhydrous alcohol?
It is possible to pull it all apart
There's a video I think on his site
But it doesn't need to be as the whole thing can be put in iso
I would warm it up and then unscrew the chamber
Take the silicone bits off and the insert out
Put the bottom half in iso
I personally wouldn't pull the heater apart unless you had to for some reason
But yes it's possible if you really want to

I have not cleaned my chamber once yet and it's had plenty of use, I've seen no degredation in performance or flavour so far

The reset happened to me again, this time at about 48 puffs
That's the second time for this unit
Still works fine otherwise

felvapes

So I decided to check mine and do a clean
It needed it, but gee it's good for maintenance
I haven't cleaned it since I mentioned that last
I'm thinking between 50-70 puffs?
The airpath has some reclaim but buggar all
Around the chamber had more but easy clean
The glass bubbler had a good bit in the bottom
All cleaned up easy

I opened the chamber and it was reclaimy but nothing serious
I didn't pull it apart though, just in half and then in iso in the US cleaner
Super easy and didn't pull anything apart
All shiny and new and back together again now
For how much I put through it was the easiest clean, and I could have kept going
But yea, I didn't and wouldn't myself bother pulling it apart unless there was need to beside unscrewing in half

The og Carta needed cleaning after a few dabs and was a mess to deal with and fiddly

Top Bottom