• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Interesting News, Articles & Stuff

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I don't relish anyone sent to prison. I think the American Carceral System should be abolished. So that gives you some idea where I am coming from.

I do not have sympathy for the Jan 6 insurrection. As someone who has been tear-gassed at protests, I can tell you that those people got kid gloves on that day. If those had been BLM protesters violence would have rained down along with rubber bullets. White supremacists got in because the capitol cops saw themselves in the rioters.

Riding a wave of hate brought them to that place. If you follow the trials you would have seen all the racism and antisemitism that they shared. I do see people who are easily demagogued, but I can't say they weren't seeking out the hate.

Again, I don't wish prison on anyone but I do wish there was justice.

Canna Chameleon

Muted by mods. Run off by rudeness.
I get torn on the J6 stuff quite a bit. Not because I think that what any of them did was okay, but because I can empathize with someone who is being shouted at by people they trust that an election was stolen.

If the institutions and humans that I put trust and faith in had so persuaded me that I believed the very foundation of our democracy was at stake, I can’t say my stance would be much different from the average J6er, if my resultant actions may have been different.

look two posts up and see the issue with having empathy for people who have someone influential lie to them.

Scientists suffering insults and mass-spam are abandoning Twitter for alternative social networks as hostile climate-change denialism surges on the platform following Elon Musk's takeover.

we are out of time for empathy. Now we need something more or it will happen again and next time it will be worse.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
31c4394cd584c3db84c829c3ec048df9de0eab23f180ac21177be393b27c4f1d.jpg

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Last edited:

florduh

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017

As nice as things like this are to see, we have to remember that the Christofascists are trying to pass bills that would criminalize people for even leaving the state for reproductive health services, and make them a criminal when they return to the state.

florduh

A gamer tries to create a 0% tax Libertarian paradise in "Cities: Skyline" and it goes about as well as you'd imagine.

My favorite part was creating a theme park that you need to cross through to access most parts of the city with a $200 admission price. See. No evil taxes collected at the barrel of a gun. You still have your freedumb. You can always freely choose to never leave your house.

florduh,
  • Wow
Reactions: cosimo

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
A gamer tries to create a 0% tax Libertarian paradise in "Cities: Skyline" and it goes about as well as you'd imagine.

My favorite part was creating a theme park that you need to cross through to access most parts of the city with a $200 admission price. See. No evil taxes collected at the barrel of a gun. You still have your freedumb. You can always freely choose to never leave your house.

Yeah, seems pretty common sense. We're talking about libertarians here.
It helps to just give them crayons and hope that they tucker themselves out.

florduh

Yeah, seems pretty common sense. We're talking about libertarians here.
It helps to just give them crayons and hope that they tucker themselves out.

I don't think there are more than a couple dozen real libertarians left. Most Right Wingers don't believe the Free Market is Magic anymore. The Free Market is Woke and Gay and must be reigned in.

I'm all for it. Let's teach Woke Corporate America a lesson by launching a massive anti-trust campaign. Employers steal around 50 billion a year from hard working Christian Americans every year. We can get back at the Targets of the world by doing a wage theft audit on every corporation.

Time to turn some lemons into lemonade.

The Air Force is testing an AI system to run its drones. But a human pilot can always say "no" before it initiates a kill.

The AI got tired of some 19 year old, pimply faced product of Joe Brandon's WOKE military not letting it do some murder. So the AI decided the best way to complete it's mission was to drone strike the pussy-ass human drone operator.

Not great. So the Air Force added a rule to the AI, saying it will FAIL its mission if it kills the human operator. Undeterred, HAL decided the best way to proceed was to bomb communication towers, preventing any further orders from reaching it.

james cameron film GIF

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
"hostile climate-change denialism surges on the platform following Elon Musk's takeover."

LOL the vocabulary is so familiar!

Want to go in style, naturally?

the mushroom versions biodegrades and delivers the remains to nature in barely a month and a half.
That might be a tad too early :ko:
we are out of time for empathy. Now we need something more or it will happen again and next time it will be worse.

Out of time for empathy? So we need hate or .... ? One definition of insanity is having no time to love.... and so it is always worse next time!

sound-of-music-uzis.gif
sound-of-music-uzis.gif
sound-of-music-uzis.gif

Last edited:
Haze Mister,

florduh

Do you also take such a staunch defense for Muslim Americans, African American, Jewish Americans and other Americans, or does your mind singularly focus on the Christian American narrative?

Personally, yes. I do. But I kinda doubt most of the people crying about wokeness would agree.

I'll be more clear: I think if the Right wants to make war on corporate America for being too woke, the Left should use it as an opportunity. Let's strike back at Woke Corporate America by revving up the 'ol Anti-Trust Machine.

Or.... Rob DeSanctimonius wants to go to war with Disney? If Floriduh had a functional Democratic Party, they would've said: "Why aren't you picketing with Union members during their contract negotiation, Rob?"

The hardworking Floridians who make Disney World run should get to keep more of the millions they generate every day. Instead of Woke Disney Executives sitting in Burbank Commiefornia.

Of course...this will never happen. Because Right Wing populism is a farce. They're gonna give those Woke Corporations another tax cut as soon as they can

Plus, looking at this real image of Rob kissing babies in Iowa on Floridians' dime, I don't know if he'd be a value-add to a picket line. Just kind've a weird energy. Looks like he's about to dislocate his jaw and swallow the baby.

1200x-1.jpg

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Personally, yes. I do. But I kinda doubt most of the people crying about wokeness would agree.

I'll be more clear: I think if the Right wants to make war on corporate America for being too woke, the Left should use it as an opportunity. Let's strike back at Woke Corporate America by revving up the 'ol Anti-Trust Machine.

Or.... Rob DeSanctimonius wants to go to war with Disney? If Floriduh had a functional Democratic Party, they would've said: "Why aren't you picketing with Union members during their contract negotiation, Rob?"

The hardworking Floridians who make Disney World run should get to keep more of the millions they generate every day. Instead of Woke Disney Executives sitting in Burbank Commiefornia.

Of course...this will never happen. Because Right Wing populism is a farce. They're gonna give those Woke Corporations another tax cut as soon as they can

Plus, looking at this real image of Rob kissing babies in Iowa on Floridians' dime, I don't know if he'd be a value-add to a picket line. Just kind've a weird energy. Looks like he's about to dislocate his jaw and swallow the baby.

1200x-1.jpg

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

Last edited:

florduh

From the people who brought you:"WE NEED TO GET THE DEBT UNDER CONTROL BY CUTTING FOOD STAMPS!!!!!😭"....

Coming this Summer: "Let's Run Up The Debt by cutting the taxes of the companies that have been gouging you for the past two years!!!😍"

Tax cuts are inherently inflationary. When the government takes in less money, they run The Money Printer to make up the difference.

florduh

NYC:

Fx-rKx8aAAICZ4X

New York City’s New Climate Hazard Is Wildfire Smoke

Not long ago, Canada was seen by some as a potential winner from global warming, with vast stretches of frozen tundra thawing into fertile farmland. Now it’s on fire, a consequence of a multiyear drought. Climate change is causing prolonged spells of heat and drought, raising the risk of such blazes. Cranking up the heat in a system as complex as a planetary climate has complex effects, it turns out.

Last Summer:

Now I don't know Communist Numbers (what do you think the "C" means, sheeple), but 40°C sounds pretty hot.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
NYC:

Fx-rKx8aAAICZ4X

New York City’s New Climate Hazard Is Wildfire Smoke

Last Summer:

Now I don't know Communist Numbers (what do you think the "C" means, sheeple), but 40°C sounds pretty hot.
Yeah, lovely weather we're having in the New York area. Today the smoke was palpable, smelled like something big nearby might be burning, but no such luck.
It occurred to me today that this is the kind of stuff of which extinctions are made.

EarthworldTim

Yeah, lovely weather we're having in the New York area. Today the smoke was palpable, smelled like something big nearby might be burning, but no such luck.
It occurred to me today that this is the kind of stuff of which extinctions are made.
I feel your pain. Last year wasn't bad in California but the previous few were pretty bad. It truly feels like a hellscape especially if it rains ash.

Top Bottom