Interesting News, Articles & Stuff

florduh

4KgLJjJRNSYs.png

Richard Attenborough No GIF by Jurassic World

florduh,

CANtalk

It’s Impossible to Overstate the Damage Done by the Supreme Court in This Term​

How the US supreme court shredded the Constitution and what can be done to repair it​

Meanwhile, in Texas, people are using the Whataburger app to track power outages because the electric company there doesn’t have one​

https://www.reddit.com/r/WhitePeopleTwitter/comments/1dz5ndj

:peace: :leaf:

Last edited:

florduh

GSIqR2uXEAA5sm6

GSEPXi5aUAAxQRT

RBG stuck around because she wanted a white woman, not a black man, appointing her replacement. Maybe there's a lesson here, about people who grew up before modern conceptions of race were established refusing to retire, causing massive amounts of harm to millions of Americans.

florduh,

CANtalk

Even moar

Clarence Thomas Took Free Yacht Trip to Russia, Chopper Flight to Putin’s Hometown: Dems​

Older news
New

It keeps on keepin' on

Moar new

More

:peace: :leaf:

florduh

Greg Marmalade and Doug Neidermeyer

Animal House GIF

Over It Abandon Thread GIF

florduh,
Reactions: Shrike

florduh

Two of the best working investigative journalists, Ryan Grim and Jeremy Scahill, have left The Intercept to start their own outfit. If you appreciate investigative reporting from a Left Wing (not "liberal") perspective that strives to hold the powerful accountable, I highly suggest supporting them:

One of their first stories: The Biden Administration regulator overseeing the UAW is attacking the union with legal bullshit because the GOAT, Shawn Fein, has called for a permanent ceasefire in Gaza.

The calls for a ceasefire are brave, but not unprecedented. The UAW loudly denounced the apartheid in South Africa. They were against the Vietnam War. It's frankly vile they're being targeted by the government for Constitutionally protected speech now.

florduh

If the "long arc of history bends towards justice", why are Reagan and Bush to the Left of Biden on immigration?

florduh,

florduh

The dude who pierced Trump's ear with an AR-15 was a white, 20 year old, registered Republican. The exact demographic of most mass shooters.

While I think we absolutely live on one of the worst timelines, things would be much worse if the shooter was black, brown, Muslim, trans, or any other group the Right views as degenerate.

Coping Right Wingers have pointed out that in 2021, the kid donated $15 to a "Progressive" PAC. This is true. But it's important to point out what this PAC is:

Back in 2016 they were accused of misleading would be donors, sending fundraising emails that looked like bills saying "Final Notice" and other bullshit.

They rebranded, but continued their sleazy fundraising practices.

Politico:

Democrats shunned a top firm over its controversial fundraising practices. It hasn’t gone away.

mvHaTUZh5cwZ.png

An example of their emails:

GScyPYyWkAAz7H7

So, it's very dishonest to paint this dumb kid as a "Progressive" because he got rooked into giving these scumbags $15 when he was 17 years old. Seems more likely that he was simply scammed :shrug:

Last edited:
florduh,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
From the NYTimes,

"There was confusion as the crowd dispersed. Some Trump supporters held hands and prayed and then chanted “USA."

Why is the default move chanting "USA"?
Bizarre.

I was thinking about the Alito upside down American flag, how that it is a signal of distress; that the country is in peril.

Why do conservatives get to do that, to own that?
I think Im going to hang one, because I'm sure the country is in great peril. I hope it catches on.

Michelle Obama dosen't want to be president, but she is far and away a preference among voters.
Okay, so how about Michelle running, with Barack as her VP? He can't run for the office, but he could assume the office after she resigns on day 2.
Just spitballing here...

Last edited:
vapviking,

florduh

Why is the default move chanting "USA"?
Bizarre.

It makes perfect sense to me. Limited access to mental healthcare. Easy access to guns. Generations that know the "American Dream" their parents enjoyed isn't in the cards for them.

A Republican voter tries to kill the head of his own party...a party whose congressmen openly wear AR-15 pins in Congress...with an AR-15.

This was one of the most American events in History.

Happy World Cup GIF by FIFA

If You Say So Shrug GIF

Okay, so how about Michelle running

Democrats aren't even going there. They're too busy crying and praying for the guy they were (correctly) calling a fascistic, Hitlerian figure. Because his ear was grazed by a bullet shot from a gun their entire party jerks off to, wielded by one of their own voters.

florduh,

Varden

The dude who pierced Trump's ear with an AR-15 was a white, 20 year old, registered Republican. The exact demographic of most mass shooters.

So, it's very dishonest to paint this dumb kid as a "Progressive" because he got rooked into giving these scumbags $15 when he was 17 years old. Seems more likely that he was simply scammed :shrug:
It has been reported that the guy also read progressive media (but could be false) and he lives on a state where democrats have been asking their base to register republican to try to not get Trump elected as candidate, so by the same standard you can say it is very dishonest to paint him as a republican.

Honestly, I do not think we will ever know who he was, specially with the dishonesty of the government, social media companies and legacy press.

What I find more worrying is that given how he was able to position himself over minutes with people warning the secret service to no response, there are only two options.

1. Trump pulled the best executed fake attempt assassination ever, and while not impossible, there is no evidence of it.

2. The USA intelligent services just tried to murder Trump.

The USA is starting to look more and more like late state Roman empire. I know it is starting to be like a clique to compare the USA to the decline of the Roman empire, but it is hard not to.

Varden,
Reactions: cosimo

florduh

very dishonest to paint him as a republican.

He's been a registered Republican since 2021. Who was wearing an ammosexual YouTube Channel's merchandise. So not very dishonest, at least. :dog:

Maybe he's a disgruntled Niki Haley or Rhonda Santis supporter? That theory at least fits the current facts :shrug:

My guess is if he was a registered Democrat wearing a trans flag shirt, we wouldn't be spinning conspiracy theories to give they/them the benefit of the doubt :shrug:. There'd be calls for pogroms.

The USA intelligent services just tried to murder Trump.

Or, it's a country with easy access to guns and limited access to mental healthcare. I'm surprised this sort of thing doesn't happen more often (outside of elementary schools).

Also, Secret Service are cops. Pigs are very bad at their jobs. Local piggies were crawling all over the place too. Didn't do shit. Just like Uvalde.

I remember RFK Jr. whining because he didn't get SS protection. LOL, because they did such a great job with his Uncle and his Dad.

The USA is starting to look more and more like late state Roman empire. I know it is starting to be like a clique to compare the USA to the decline of the Roman empire, but it is hard not to.

Fully agree here, minus the "starting" part.

florduh,

Varden

Or, it's a country with easy access to guns and limited access to mental healthcare. I'm surprised this sort of thing doesn't happen more often (outside of elementary schools).

Also, Secret Service are cops. Pigs are very bad at their jobs. Local piggies were crawling all over the place too. Didn't do shit. Just like Uvalde.

I remember RFK Jr. whining because he didn't get SS protection. LOL, because they did such a great job with his Uncle and his Dad.

Sure, but these are not a police squad from a small town lost somewhere. These are supposed to be top level professionals. And they broke all basic protocols by leaving unsecured a roof very close with direct view. And then ignoring when people that were warning them. The guy took minutes climbing, moving through the roof, setting up the gun... That's not a mistake.

And yes, the Biden administration is playing "stupid games" with secret service protection. I believe they also denied a request from Trump to increase his.

Varden,

florduh

These are supposed to be top level professionals.
Based on what though? Pretty much every person who has taken a shot at a President or Presidential candidate his hit them. Arguably, this was the SS's best showing yet. They only got his ear. Reagan almost died.

That's not a mistake.

Ok, but you're arguing incompetence too.

Either they're incompetent because they're simply bad at their jobs.

Or...they're incompetent because their big evil plan to kill Trump was to let a pimply faced, 20 year old nerd, who was reportedly cut from his school's rifle club for being a bad shot, take a few shots at the President and hope for the best?

I mean, maybe. But that was clearly a pretty bad plan. Because Trump is now more likely to be elected than ever before.

florduh,

Varden

Or...they're incompetent because their big evil plan to kill Trump was to let a pimply faced, 20 year old nerd, who was reportedly cut from his school's rifle club for being a bad shot, take a few shots at the President and hope for the best?
If you check the video Trumps moves the head at the last moment. If he hadn't he would probably be dead.

I mean, maybe. But that was clearly a pretty bad plan. Because Trump is now more likely to be elected than ever before.

Yes, but obviously that was not the plan. What makes it even more suspicious is that all this happened just as Biden is imploding. Reeks of desperation.

Varden,
Top Bottom