Inductor - Desktop Induction Heater by Camouflet

Wiggle

With a PhattPiggie Dyna stem!:tup:
I have seen several of your short videos now on this. It seems like this device is not portable at all, it is for like desktop use for portable vapes that are "battery free". First, is this accurate? Next, if so, how do you feel about the space it takes up and the cable length and all?

I've seen you pull the cable out in one short vid it looks long, that is pretty nice, but does it feel like it gets in the way or takes up a lot of space?

I am very interested in branching out into getting some Induction Heaters. I like the idea of this as an at home IH that can help reduce use of lighters. However the place I find myself spending most of my time at home at is my PC. With a mixer, external drives, modem, wireless charger, etc. my desk space is very precious to me. So my comments are with this in mind, to see how much of an impact this IH will have on my desk space. And if there is a convenient solution to stowing the box somewhere out of site, but still nearby (like under a desk) safely whilst perhaps keeping the heater on the desk or something.

I feel like you would know the answer since you seem to be fucking with the heater a lot. However, anyone can feel free to answer if they got some perspective, the more the merrier.

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
I have seen several of your short videos now on this. It seems like this device is not portable at all, it is for like desktop use for portable vapes that are "battery free". First, is this accurate? Next, if so, how do you feel about the space it takes up and the cable length and all?

I've seen you pull the cable out in one short vid it looks long, that is pretty nice, but does it feel like it gets in the way or takes up a lot of space?

I am very interested in branching out into getting some Induction Heaters. I like the idea of this as an at home IH that can help reduce use of lighters. However the place I find myself spending most of my time at home at is my PC. With a mixer, external drives, modem, wireless charger, etc. my desk space is very precious to me. So my comments are with this in mind, to see how much of an impact this IH will have on my desk space. And if there is a convenient solution to stowing the box somewhere out of site, but still nearby (like under a desk) safely whilst perhaps keeping the heater on the desk or something.

I feel like you would know the answer since you seem to be fucking with the heater a lot. However, anyone can feel free to answer if they got some perspective, the more the merrier.
The box is big, but nice. It stows under a desk great and the cord is heavy duty, but flexible. The tray comes off for a smaller footprint but it's definitely something for at home on a desk, or maybe on a end table. The cord could easily be passed around a couch or chairs. I put mine above my desk and the cord off to the side behind my desk but the controller sits on the side nicely. It's basically a torch powered ih. It cooks like a torch but electrically. Fast and hard. Saves a lot of time for me which I value the most along with no torches.:tup:
Edit: here is a vid of desk space take-up...

Last edited:

Wiggle

The box is big, but nice. It stows under a desk great and the cord is heavy duty, but flexible. The tray comes off for a smaller footprint but it's definitely something for at home on a desk, or maybe on a end table. The cord could easily be passed around a couch or chairs. I put mine above my desk and the cord off to the side behind my desk but the controller sits on the side nicely. It's basically a torch powered ih. It cooks like a torch but electrically. Fast and hard. Saves a lot of time for me which I value the most along with no torches.:tup:
Edit: here is a vid of desk space take-up...
That box looks pretty big, but that cable length just looks so optimal and doesn't seem to be in the way. Thanks for putting the time into making the video!

If the manufacturer responds in here: This was a pre-order into a launch from my understanding. Is there currently an effort being put into a revised or upgraded version of this item that I should be aware of? Are the units you are selling now indicative of the design for the next year or two or are there plans to improve on something or increase variety, etc. on a future version of this device in the near future? Basically what was learned from the launch and customer feedback and are you looking to improve on anything in the near future or do you believe your current design is solid enough?

I don't mind waiting for product improvements etc. personally and from my perspective, it is always worth it to ask in this particular market of products as revisions and upgrades seem to happen at a healthy rate.

Kudzu407

Para-Vaper

Inductor arrived yesterday. Hooked up a couple of cables and was on my way. It was made for the Convector so that’s where I started. Heated top of cap until red,about 2 seconds,then good hit and repeat. Way more consistent than I could do using a torch. Got 3 really good hits and 1 with a barely roasted taste.Always seemed to go too far with the roasted taste when using a torch. Then on to the Anvil. 6 seconds to the clicks, then 2 hits, then repeat. It works great with the Anvil. I still have a couple others to try it on later. So far it is badass. Very well made. Solid build with no rattling parts. The Head has a heavy duty cable that is about 4 foot long. Packaging was excellent. For a Beta version it is top notch.

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer

Darth Gram Gram

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
Good to know! Yeah I will definitely trust your opinion on this one, dude. Pretty sure I have seen you use every device ever known. Haha
I judged it based of the heating of the TA. The TA is TI with Balls just on a smaller scale then say the b1. The inductor can heat the TA but by the end gets pretty hot, sometimes triping the auto shut off. That being said, maybe twice and a half the size might work on the terp hammer and such.:tup:

Gdash

Got my inductor a few days ago but haven't had the chance to use til last night. Used with a DV to begin testing. The closest an IH can get to a single jet lighter imo. Hit my M+ a little above the dimples and got one hit extraction. Also works great with infinite spin method and regular cap heating. Only used it on the lowest setting so have to dial it in but so far it's working great.

Last edited:

SpacelyJetson

I received my unit today. The head is so hot to the touch, and the power button is so hot I can’t even press it for more than 1-2 seconds. I have mine on 22. Tries heating a vapcap for 3-4 seconds, but the button/unit is so hot. I will keep experimenting on a lower setting…
Yeah the button does get HOT on back to back long reheat for me. I can use it for my DaniBFG for only initial heat and a reheat then I have to turn it off and let it cool down.

It works great for the Convector which it was designed for though because that heats in 3to5 seconds. You don't run into the hot button issue.

Yeah the button does get HOT on back to back long reheat for me. I can use it for my DaniBFG for only initial heat and a reheat then I have to turn it off and let it cool down.

It works great for the Convector which it was designed for though because that heats in 3to5 seconds. You don't run into the hot button issue.
Yes! Exactly my experience with the Fusion, and I gave up on the TA for now as it got too hot before it was ready.

I have it all the way down to 20 now. Heating a vapcap to the click in 3-4 seconds, nice hit but I think there is something to be said about a slower roast with a vapcap. There is no slow-playing the click here, it’s on you in seconds!

But yes, the convector for 3-5 seconds is perfect!

Pcloudy

So far it seems to work with the lotus, the vapman, and the simrell warhead. Havent really done much other than heat them up so not sure how practical it will be. I had it in my head that a sic cup would work because of the switch but then I remembered the sic cup is actually inside of a stainless cup. Unit gets pretty hot while heating up an armored cap but I had it all the way up to 25v. Seems like it will be a fun device to full around with.

Pcloudy,
Reactions: Kudzu407
Well I have to say, I am having an awesome experience down at 20. Heating a vapcap low on the cap, 6-7 seconds to the click - great!
3-4 seconds on the top of the convector cap - wonderful!

Next up is trying to get right with the Thermal Accumulator. I tried high on the cap for @20 seconds, needed some more time. I may try turning up to 22-23 next…

This thing takes some time to get used to - but once you get dialed in it is like nothing else!

ColdAssistant,
Reactions: Kudzu407

Pcloudy

Have you tried this? I didn't think it would react with these metals?
Yes and just went back and double checked. The lotus plate heats up very very quickly. The vapman a little more slow as I cant get the oven to actually touch. Its a bit closer on the italian vapman. I havent checked to see if its a viable way to actually get the vapman up to temp quickly. Ill have to do some more testing on that.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Havent really done much other than heat them up so not sure how practical it will be

I havent checked to see if its a viable way to actually get the vapman up to temp quickly.
I wasn't totally sure from your posts, but it sounds like you haven't loaded it and hit any of those? I'd be curious if it worked at all for the vapman. The lotus seems that it would be suboptimal given that induction is a skin effect. But this device is unlike other IHs so what do I know.

Pcloudy

I wasn't totally sure from your posts, but it sounds like you haven't loaded it and hit any of those? I'd be curious if it worked at all for the vapman. The lotus seems that it would be suboptimal given that induction is a skin effect. But this device is unlike other IHs so what do I know.
Correct. I just checked to see if they would actually react. I’ll have to get the terpometer out in the vapman

Top Bottom