• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Inductor - Desktop Induction Heater by Camouflet

papa_bear

Inductor Beta Update

Various components have started to arrive this week, and we are working to finalize the beta "head" for this first small production. The Inductor has roughly 38 parts from 13 different suppliers. We have almost every part in production at this point and expect to be able to start some sub-assemblies early next month. We will be waiting a bit longer for items with longer lead times.

Button Assemblies

IMG_6708.jpg

Power Cords

XT60.jpg

Ceramic Covers

IMG_6709.jpg
I’m really excited to try this out! My convector arrives today, waiting on pins and needles for the inductor.

coolbreeze

I'm in. I really don't mind heating my Convector manually, but if the heater can imitate that result it'll be a great tool for quick sessions. Heating other gear as well makes it a no-brainer. Grabbed an extra tip & cap and the freebies to share. Thanks folks!

Camouflet

Manufacturer
Quick Inductor video for everyone's enjoyment. Here we heat the Convector, Anvil and Fusion. For those asking about the Inductor's ability to heat devices requiring greater heat soaks, this video depicts more accurate heating times & positioning for units with larger heat mass. Power setting is set apprx 3/4 full.

Last edited:

Cannabiker

I'm in the queue! I had to wait until today to keep inside the guardrails of my OCD accounting system, so I was psyched to see the Beta was still open. I missed out on the Convector BOGO, but I can only use one at a time anyway, so I added one of those, too.

Camouflet

Manufacturer
Only 10 more spots remaining for the Inductor Beta release! Thanks again to everyone who's supported us so far. We believe the Inductor's F-Core tech is something everyone is going to enjoy and we're eager to share the experience.

Inductor Beta Update

We have been working away on small tweaks to the Inductor Head housing. Our design goals are to have it be comfortable in the hand, easy to use in different orientations and have adequate thermal management. Having gone through and tested about 15 different configurations we have settled on a Beta design and are now proceeding to manufacturing those.

Over the last month, the PCBs have also been getting a few small changes. We are now on V7 of the design and have submitted it to the fab for production and assembly. As we progress through May we expect the arrival of many other parts like our PSUs, internal wiring, LED displays, adjustment dials, and magnets.

IMG_6739_copy.jpg

Camouflet

Manufacturer
Is the rotation here necessary?
No, rotating while heating is not necessary.

While it may not be necessary to rotate, some may find it beneficial for their preferred heating method(s) and different devices. With the Inductor we can target a specific area of a device by making direct contact with the F-Core seen protruding from the middle of the flameless lighter head. Making the Inductor and F-Core extremely versatile with various heating applications and abilities.

Last edited:

Camouflet

Manufacturer
In this video we demonstrate "contactless" heating with the Inductor. The F-Core helps to focus the induction field and is most efficient when the device is in direct contact with the core. That said, the field does propagate out and interact with objects, not in direct contact as shown in the video. This demo/method is not best practice for efficiency = requires longer heating times. It's just a fun demonstration that this type of heating is possible.

Induction works by creating a continuously oscillating electromagnetic field that induces current into the target object. This causes the object to heat up. One of the unique features of our technology is the Inductor is designed to induce a lot of current in a short amount of time and have good material penetration. Where other induction units are good at surface heating we have designed our unit to heat the target more deeply and have a farther "reach".

Last edited:

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
In this video we demonstrate "contactless" heating with the Inductor. The F-Core helps to focus the induction field and is most efficient when the device is in direct contact with the core. That said the field does propagate out and interact with objects, not in direct contact as shown in the video. This demo/method is not best practice for efficiency = requires longer heating times. It's just a fun demonstration that this type of heating is possible.

Induction works by creating a continuously oscillating electromagnetic field that induces current into the target object. This causes the object to heat up. One of the unique features of our technology is the Inductor is designed to induce a lot of current in a short amount of time and have good material penetration. Where other induction units are good at surface heating we have designed our unit to heat the target more deeply and have a farther "reach".

Can you say what the shape of the field looks like roughly as it emanates from the tip of the unit? Spherical? Conical like the shape of a flame?

It's exciting if the field shape is somewhat pointed like a flame so that you can target a spot. Obviously with a coil you're limited to what can fit inside the coil and everything in the coil gets the same field distribution roughly. This is truly a game changer in not just the heating speed, but where you can direct the "heat".

A magnetic "flame" so to speak.

Radwin Bodnic

Can you say what the shape of the field looks
My bet is that the field shape would be omnidirectional or maybe cardioid (with the center being the tip).
A bidirectional shape could be achieved using 2 units with the 2 tips being closely one behind the other (in the same housing). With the right wavelength and polarity configuration of the two tips at the same intensity. (8 shaped field with one lobe positive and one lobe negative.)
With different intensities on the two tips it could become hyper cardioid shaped.

A "canon" shaped electromagnetic field is closer to what you describe but still looks like 2 flames in opposite direction. Not sure how to achieve this one though...

I may just be high and overthinking it...

Top Bottom