Inductor - Desktop Induction Heater by Camouflet

Camouflet

Manufacturer
In this short video clip, we demonstrate the power output and heating speeds of the Inductor on different devices. Voltage can be adjusted to provide a variety of heating profiles. Here we just show fast heat-ups, with power level set to high. We understand some devices need more time for the heat to "spread" and lowering the voltage allows for slower heat-ups, with less energy being transferred per unit of time. Note that with induction, heating is more penetrating than with a torch. Therefore, heat is initially spread throughout the heater plates inside the Camo Cap more uniformly and with greater accuracy. Higher voltages will heat the Convector to vaping temperature instantly and heat to red hot in a few seconds.

We look forward to sharing the Inductor with the community.

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
In this short video clip, we demonstrate the power output and heating speeds of the Inductor on different devices. Voltage can be adjusted to provide a variety of heating profiles. Here we just show fast heat-ups, with power level set to high. We understand some devices need more time for the heat to "spread" and lowering the voltage allows for slower heat-ups, with less energy being transferred per unit of time. Note that with induction, heating is more penetrating than with a torch. Therefore, heat is initially spread throughout the heater plates inside the Camo Cap more uniformly and with greater accuracy. Higher voltages will heat the Convector to vaping temperature instantly and heat to red hot in a few seconds.

im glad to see it works on the Dani, is there a eta for this yet

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Technical Specs:

- 10 Amp at up to 29 Volts, DC Power Supply
- High energy transfer efficiency
- Up to 15ft cord length
- Small handheld footprint
- Adjustable power range
Plus the title:tup:
This is corded, with a power brick right? More for the desk?
Edit, I put the quotes in upside down so right side up in Australia.:)

Camouflet

Manufacturer
Today we are happy to share photos of the Inductor Beta. Our power supply is housed in a hand-crafted environmentally-friendly Bamboo Box. The top of the box features a power indicator, adjustment dial, and removable "rolling & accessories tray". We intend for the Inductor to be placed on a table and be a heating station for the Convector and other devices in your collection. While our development focus has been on a novel induction heating unit for the Convector, the Inductor works great to heat many other company's devices. More on that to come.

The Inductor Beta will undergo a very limited pre-order release beginning in April and is expected to deliver in June. We recommend the Beta only to those interested in cutting-edge technology, willing to give feedback and try something new. Stay tuned for further updates.

DSC00391.jpg

DSC00392.jpg

DSC00382.jpg

DSC00385.jpg

DSC00388.jpg

DSC00393.jpg

DSC00394.jpg

DSC00397.jpg

DSC00400.jpg

DSC00403.jpg

DSC00406.jpg

Last edited:

tinctorus

Accessory Maker

But fast heatups like that don't actually give you any vapor because the heat doesn't actually soak through the whole cap before it clicks, try a quad flame Dynavap and then tell me it doesn't suck because it's so fast heating up that cap that the heat doesn't go to the bowl

Are these for the "vip" guys?

tinctorus,

Camouflet

Manufacturer
WOW way to go above and beyond - super sick and clever!

What are the three holes left of the magnet for?
The holes allow the Convector and/or other accessories to be placed vertically acting as a stand.
2x 10mm holes
2x 14mm holes

But fast heatups like that don't actually give you any vapor because the heat doesn't actually soak through the whole cap before it clicks, try a quad flame Dynavap and then tell me it doesn't suck because it's so fast heating up that cap that the heat doesn't go to the bowl
The fast heat-up displayed in our recent video was simply a demonstration of the power output capabilities of the Inductor. If you reread the post, you'll see that the Inductor was set to the highest power level in the video and that the power level can be lowered/adjusted. Making the Inductor applicable for heating other devices requiring various heating methods. Remember, with the F-Core tech, we can target specific locations on a device. In the video only the tips are heated, displaying how insanely fast the Inductor can spread heat. For heat soaks, simply target your preferred heating area further away from the snap disc.

Induction is capable of heating "all of the metal at once", so it cannot be compared with a flame torch. Often heating happens from the inside out on thicker material. In industrial forges, they use induction to heat large rods or billets of material very quickly as they pass down a production line.

Take for instance this video of a solid rod.
It is easy to imagine the differences if you were heating that with a torch. One is just as capable to heat to a lower temperature than "red hot" with the same methodology.

Last edited:

SpacelyJetson

Today we are happy to share photos of the Inductor Beta. Our power supply is housed in a hand-crafted environmentally-friendly Bamboo Box. The top of the box features a power indicator, adjustment dial, and removable "rolling & accessories tray". We intend for the Inductor to be placed on a table and be a heating station for the Convector and other devices in your collection. While our development focus has been on a novel induction heating unit for the Convector, the Inductor works great to heat many other company's devices. More on that to come.

The Inductor Beta will undergo a very limited pre-order release beginning in April and is expected to deliver in June. We recommend the Beta only to those interested in cutting-edge technology, willing to give feedback and try something new. Stay tuned for further updates.

DSC00391.jpg

DSC00392.jpg

DSC00382.jpg

DSC00385.jpg

DSC00388.jpg

DSC00393.jpg

DSC00394.jpg

DSC00397.jpg

DSC00400.jpg

DSC00403.jpg

DSC00406.jpg
Sign me up!

tinctorus

Accessory Maker
The holes allow the Convector and/or other accessories to be placed vertically acting as a stand.
2x 10mm holes
2x 14mm holes

The fast heat-up displayed in our recent video was simply a demonstration of the power output capabilities of the Inductor. If you reread the post, you'll see that the Inductor was set to the highest power level in the video and that the power level can be lowered/adjusted. Making the Inductor applicable for heating other devices requiring various heating methods. Remember, with the F-Core tech, we can target specific locations on a device. In the video only the tips are heated, displaying how insanely fast the Inductor can spread heat. For heat soaks, simply target your preferred heating area further away from the snap disc.

Induction is capable of heating "all of the metal at once", so it cannot be compared with a flame torch. Often heating happens from the inside out on thicker material. In industrial forges, they use induction to heat large rods or billets of material very quickly as they pass down a production line.

Take for instance this video of a solid rod.
It is easy to imagine the differences if you were heating that with a torch. One is just as capable to heat to a lower temperature than "red hot" with the same methodology.
Oh I have no doubts it works great, I've been happy with the unit I got in the 1st round and I use it every time I get a new strain because I find it's really good at letting me taste everything

tinctorus

Accessory Maker
Yep. Looking good!
I can definitely get early clicks on the Dynavap depending on where the torch hits and as far as the heatsoak it's pretty noticeable on the difference between using a single torch or a quad in my experience
Bigger torches definitely have there place and I use a large torch on my Dani and on my new ball vape, but on my camouflet unit I'll only use my smallest single torch

All I meant was fast heat up isn't always a good thing, but I realize the 1st video was really just to show it's potential power, not saying to actually use it like that all the time

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I can definitely get early clicks on the Dynavap depending on where the torch hits and as far as the heatsoak it's pretty noticeable on the difference between using a single torch or a quad in my experience
Bigger torches definitely have there place and I use a large torch on my Dani and on my new ball vape, but on my camouflet unit I'll only use my smallest single torch

All I meant was fast heat up isn't always a good thing, but I realize the 1st video was really just to show it's potential power, not saying to actually use it like that all the time
I hate butane...with a vengeance plus you look like a meth head using them with a DV.:2c:

tinctorus

Accessory Maker
very interesting
I like to see something different
This would work very well in something with the Volski Vector heater distribution🤔
Do you have a volski unit? I was looking at them for a bit but I wasn't really sure I would like the unit

tinctorus,
Top Bottom