• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Hopper io

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I called it several years ago; Internal gunk is the Hopper's Achilles heel.
I think if one is going to iso soak the whole internal cartridge, it should be with 99% if you can get it.

Sometimes they come back, sometimes they don't.

Yesterday a Tafee Bowle came into our house, oh, yeaaaaah...
I'm not gonna be hangin' around these parts nearly so much as I have!

tryingtowin

Kind of feels like an old girlfriend that was fun at the start but then started giving me major grief. I eventually moved on after one RMA too many accompanied by bitchy service. Now she's come back into my life giving the impression she's back to the way things were when I first met her. But the trust is gone. I'm on edge waiting for her to get into her old bad habits again. My new GF the XMax V3 Pro is very nice and behaving herself very well so far. Also got a Mighty + which is not stealthy but very good at extraction and getting you ripped. I'm not expecting the good behaviour rom the IO to last very long. Did the same with the 2nd one and I'll try it tomorrow.
hahah nothing like the fresh new gf experience😂..I'm hoping others can try this experiment and see if it revives them. It's funny because if it was such a simple fix they could get a ton more units repaired at home. It's funny to think it specifically says not to submerge it all in iso and now it's a fix hahaha...so my theory of super high heat running the heater longer could potentially keep it from gunk and debris buildup. I feel as if i have a freak IO that needs to be sent to hopperlabs..inspected to see why it's working so good and refuses to quit! The only way I'd allow this is to get at least 10 IO units in exchange incase they start breaking 🤔

JBone65

Just sent my io in for repair. What have people's experiences been with turn around time for io's recently?
I agree with Spleeeno. I haven't requested warranty service in over a year so I only know what I've heard in this thread.

Can I ask a question? Did HL answer your request for warranty service, did they instruct you to send it in for repair? Some folks say they are being ignored. Thanks.

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
I agree with Spleeeno. I haven't requested warranty service in over a year so I only know what I've heard in this thread.

Can I ask a question? Did HL answer your request for warranty service, did they instruct you to send it in for repair? Some folks say they are being ignored. Thanks.
It was approved in May 2021 and I just now shipped it in. Hope someone's still around lol.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Just sent my io in for repair. What have people's experiences been with turn around time for io's recently?
Hey, wait, did you actually get the "a"(authorization) from "rma"?
That would mean you got a response from HL in the warranty portal - can you tell us how long you waited for that?
It's been 8 weeks for mine, still waiting for the "a".

Is your unit new-ish? Sometimes they respond to recent-purchase cases...

vapviking,

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
Hey, wait, did you actually get the "a"(authorization) from "rma"?
That would mean you got a response from HL in the warranty portal - can you tell us how long you waited for that?
It's been 8 weeks for mine, still waiting for the "a".

Is your unit new-ish? Sometimes they respond to recent-purchase cases...
This was mid 2021. I just now shipped it in.

Cheesequake,
Reactions: vapviking

Thebigsmoke

Hey everyone I'm in the same boat as as the last few posts. My Io stopped working (backend) I received the RMA details a few weeks before Christmas but I didn't get around to shipping it till last week. I have the package tracked it's in the USA the last few days so they should have it soon. Are you guys saying that there hasn't been a response from hopper labs for a few weeks? I think someone mentioned a few posts ago that there friend purchase a new unit and has been waiting 8 weeks for it to arrive. have they secretly folded? I hope not.I was tempted to just buy a new backend end until the replacement arrived now I'm not so sure if that's a good Idea.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
hope not.I was tempted to just buy a new backend end until the replacement arrived now I'm not so sure if that's a good Idea.
I bought a "spare body" last year during an rma experience. It took a couple of weeks to arrive, a couple of weeks later the rma body came back and the spare went almost unused.
No matter, neither works now, I've requested service yet again.

I think it's a poor statement about the warranty service when they encourage us to buy spares.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah I haven't followed up with them about how mine arrived cosmetically defective inside the chamber, to get the replacement blue Ti hopper, since it is just so much effort, it was so much effort to get them to agree to send the replacement so I could then send the original back afterwards, to then be told they would not have any blue for another couple months... This was back in the end of August, since it took so much back and forth effort as I said, I have not followed up, feel lucky that it is working at all, I'm not sure actually if the performance is declining since I am not using it often enough to be sure? So yeah, for my needs I guess whatever, for now, I don't have much confidence in the company and their service unfortunately...

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
I emailed HL directly a couple of weeks about potentially purchasing a new IO body and they replied very quickly. I then replied and asked if they had any extra heating chambers for sale instead and they again quickly replied, and the answer was ‘no’ (of course). Not sure who replied but I got 2 quick replies via direct email. :peace:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I emailed HL directly a couple of weeks about potentially purchasing a new IO body and they replied very quickly. I then replied and asked if they had any extra heating chambers for sale instead and they again quickly replied, and the answer was ‘no’ (of course). Not sure who replied but I got 2 quick replies via direct email. :peace:

So they are quick when it is purchasing queries as opposed to warranty claims!

I got my repaired purple IO back at the end of November (still working like new) the turn around was around 12 weeks, i was constantly ignored when asking for an update and I found asking Scott at Vgoodiez to ask on my behalf worked, they seemed to respond to him instantly and he cc’d me in! Maybe worth a try

almost there

I called it several years ago; Internal gunk is the Hopper's Achilles heel.
I think if one is going to iso soak the whole internal cartridge, it should be with 99% if you can get it.

Sometimes they come back, sometimes they don't.

Yesterday a Tafee Bowle came into our house, oh, yeaaaaah...
I'm not gonna be hangin' around these parts nearly so much as I have!
Remember Caroline? Back in the day she reprimanded me for doing the iso soak, that was after they were selling the cups for iso soaks, lol

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Remember Caroline? Back in the day she reprimanded me for doing the iso soak, that was after they were selling the cups for iso soaks, lol
I do and had the displeasure of emailing with her a couple of times. Needless to say it was not an informative exchange. As for the cleaning vial, I bought one a long time ago and it was a great decision and easy way to soak the frontend. About a year and a half ago I bought a 5 pack of them from HL figuring it would be good to have an extra to clean parts from other vapes and possible herb storage too as they’re a good size. I wish I could find a slightly wider and twice as tall size with a screw top to soak my TM short stem instead of using plastic baggies that tend to drip (and usually doubling them up to prevent drips). A bit of my OCD kicking in but I’m surviving, lol. Caroline, apparently, did not survive HL… :lol::peace:

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I do and had the displeasure of emailing with her a couple of times. Needless to say it was not an informative exchange. As for the cleaning vial, I bought one a long time ago and it was a great decision and easy way to soak the frontend. About a year and a half ago I bought a 5 pack of them from HL figuring it would be good to have an extra to clean parts from other vapes and possible herb storage too as they’re a good size. I wish I could find a slightly wider and twice as tall size with a screw top to soak my TM short stem instead of using plastic baggies that tend to drip (and usually doubling them up to prevent drips). A bit of my OCD kicking in but I’m surviving, lol. Caroline, apparently, did not survive HL… :lol::peace:

The TM small stock stem fits in the $1.00 snapcap containers. I’ve soaked the TM with CU for 15 minutes with 99% ISO with no issues. The cap snaps on securely, and since its plastic you can shake it a bit too.

I emailed them Thursday asking about update/estimated time on anodised IO’s, had a generic response within 24 hours saying these are not in stock yet..

Highandhappy,

almost there

The thing that pisses me off the most was from the get go they knew more than 80% of their customers got duds. Yet each and every time I had to go thru this whole song and dance at convincing them I deserve a RMA and it’s the product and not the user . I suspected it was a delay tactic from the start but good to see my hunches were correct. I’m okay with their product not being dependable but I’m not okay with being purposefully misled and strung along by people with no ethics.

Top Bottom