• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Hopper io

jabba

Its nice to see this forum still running full p0wer :)
I thought id ask hereabout 2 things.
1 - hows the GH io going? Are there many faulty ones? Im thinking to get one with the discount and would love a feedback
2 - any AC adapters owners here? Are you happy with it and how can i get one? I get no response from maxvapor. Any ideas?

thanks in advance for your input guys!

There are the usual posts from disappointed Buyers....faulty units and customer service yadda yadda. Very few happy people like me post about their good experience(s) with their units. I love mine....and haven't found a better alternative....and frankly I'm not even bothering to look anymore.
Great minds think alike! :science:

As I’ve stated before after receiving my IO Ti almost 3 months ago, the OG Hopper runs cooler - of course. I’m greatly enjoying the IO though I still think it runs too hot (vapor not to the touch) for me as native user. I’ve been acclimating to it but after a while it starts to irritate me without any external cooling. If I trade in my OG Hopper I’ll lose the low temp end of things when using natively. Don’t get me wrong, I reach for my IO over the OG these days. Maybe a mild case of VAS-19 and the trade-in potential :).

Indeed fresh batteries and GHB3s help in both my Hoppers, especially the IO. To be continued... :peace:

Ya...the io runs a bit warm natively in terms of vapor. But man oh man...I can sneak out to the garage and hit a button and be completely done in a matter of seconds. I have used a silicone mouthpiece since 2016 and use on the io as well. To each their own....If I had full run of my house and could let it all fly lol....I'd likely use my DynaVap and an induction heater. Until my kid goes to college or moves out....the GH io is an amazing, powerful, fast, small, and well made machine. Thanks to the inventors!

My 2016 Titanium had been my backup to my 2016 SS. I traded my SS for the io. I now have a nearly unused old titanium and the new SS io. The io is POWERFUL and fast. Just awesome.

I have old GHB1's, GHB2's, and now I am using GHB3's. Keep good batteries around....they need good power.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I emailed them this morning asking this very question, I have two to trade in.

I'll post when they answer...
Thanks, please do let us know as soon as you hear about this; I would also be looking to trade in 2 og's.
I traded up 2 ss og's a few months back and got the io for about $105.
Anyone know if the offer on ti's is different than the $80 for a ss?

jabba

Thanks, please do let us know as soon as you hear about this; I would also be looking to trade in 2 og's.
They will give you $80 trade value for an OG hopper w/ charger whether ss or titanium no difference

MonkeyTime

I haven't heard back yet, but that is my understanding, it's $80 credit for either unit, no difference.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
I haven't heard back yet, but that is my understanding, it's $80 credit for either unit, no difference.
They will give you $80 trade value for an OG hopper w/ charger whether ss or titanium no difference
That’s what I recall too - $80 trade in for any OG Hopper. So it would be for me for an SS IO: (265*.75)-80 or perhaps (265-80)*.75. I hope the former but we’ll see. No word from HL yet on my general inquiry and I postured the first equation to them. We’ll see... :peace:

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
What's going on for black Friday? I was thinking of getting this tomorrow.
Take 25% off a Stainless Steel Hopper io for the next 7 days.” Received a marketing email from HL on 11/23 with the above. That’s all I know of. Still haven’t heard back from HL about trading in my legacy (pre-order) Ti for a SS IO. :peace:

Momor

Since the reception of this e-mail, i check their IG everyday and nothing yet.
I want to order a SS io but i'm waiting to see if they're really going to make other discounts on accessories. I hope i'm not wainting for nothing...

vapepilot

Since the reception of this e-mail, i check their IG everyday and nothing yet.
I want to order a SS io but i'm waiting to see if they're really going to make other discounts on accessories. I hope i'm not wainting for nothing...
i am the same, i cant order because i want fedex express shipping and wait for an answer and paypal invoice for that for nearly 3 days

vapepilot,

MonkeyTime

No reply to my email asking about the trade in during sale time yet either. I wouldn't be surprised or upset if they responded and said they weren't willing to double up on the offers, but a reply would be nice. During my original emails asking about trade ins (pre sale), I was getting responses within 24 hours while we went' back and forth.

After looking at the math, the sale brings the price down to $199, if I traded in my two OG's it's $105, while the 25% off isn't much (I wouldn't expect them to discount the unit and then deduct my trade ins) it would be enough to help me look past how they handled the correspondence about chargers.

Batteries at 25% off is nice, but $10.50 for this battery, especially noting how inconsistent they are, still feels really high. They did send me my fire-time-please-destroy-them replacements about 2 months ago. They were all marked GHB3, and two of them are great, one is so-so and one was one session maybe two right out of the box. It seems that last one is within their tolerances...

A second IO would allow me to leave one set up with the MaxVapor power unit which raises up the IO even a little more with such consistent power!

My three OG bodies were all running cool enough that they weren't usable and with the IO running so damn well, trading them in would be the intelligent thing to do, but supporting this company is starting to feel wrong. Though I do want them to succeed, the product deserves to live on.

I'm using the IO almost daily, only put aside when the shake I have is too fine to use with it. It's convenient, efficient and fast.

Coombs

No reply to my email asking about the trade in during sale time yet either. I wouldn't be surprised or upset if they responded and said they weren't willing to double up on the offers, but a reply would be nice. During my original emails asking about trade ins (pre sale), I was getting responses within 24 hours while we went' back and forth.

After looking at the math, the sale brings the price down to $199, if I traded in my two OG's it's $105, while the 25% off isn't much (I wouldn't expect them to discount the unit and then deduct my trade ins) it would be enough to help me look past how they handled the correspondence about chargers.

Batteries at 25% off is nice, but $10.50 for this battery, especially noting how inconsistent they are, still feels really high. They did send me my fire-time-please-destroy-them replacements about 2 months ago. They were all marked GHB3, and two of them are great, one is so-so and one was one session maybe two right out of the box. It seems that last one is within their tolerances...

A second IO would allow me to leave one set up with the MaxVapor power unit which raises up the IO even a little more with such consistent power!

My three OG bodies were all running cool enough that they weren't usable and with the IO running so damn well, trading them in would be the intelligent thing to do, but supporting this company is starting to feel wrong. Though I do want them to succeed, the product deserves to live on.

I'm using the IO almost daily, only put aside when the shake I have is too fine to use with it. It's convenient, efficient and fast.
Do you mind if I ask how often approx. you use yours daily and if native or via glass?

I tried to only use my repaired IO during the day time and my desktop at night and it still only lasted me two days before a new component started to go. I’m starting to wonder if I got a dud, or if large repeated hits via a bong is just too much for it for some reason?

It is my favourite vape when it works, but also my most frustrating cause it hardly ever works without some kind of issues...

Coombs,
Reactions: JCat

MonkeyTime

Do you mind if I ask how often approx. you use yours daily and if native or via glass?

I tried to only use my repaired IO during the day time and my desktop at night and it still only lasted me two days before a new component started to go. I’m starting to wonder if I got a dud, or if large repeated hits via a bong is just too much for it for some reason?

It is my favourite vape when it works, but also my most frustrating cause it hardly ever works without some kind of issues...

A good average is 3-5 times a day when it's what I take with me. I only use it thru a glass piece like this without water on the go. Thru larger bongs at home is not uncommon.

abcd5432

Batteries were just added to the 25% discount sale, same code.

I have also (yesterday) sent an email to support, asking if I can trade 2 ogs toward a sale-priced io.
Not sure why they wouldn't finalize a sale rather than add and piss people off potentially that order early.

Also really want the titanium, any reason to go ss?

Wish they had the heat treated available too. Oh well can't trust them to wait.

Not like the nomad, tinymight or tetra are getting a sale so might as well.

vapepilot

did i understand the 25 % off action from HL right that it is including the Monday 30.11 ?

or ends it on Monday ?

vapepilot,
Reactions: Tweakz

howie105

it is not my mother language because of that i am asking. but i understand it that it is including 30th
Hello vapepilot. The 30th would be included. The use of the word through is the key.
Not trying to troll on you, just trying to help. Peace

Kinick23

for those with OG colored units do they hold up well enough or easily get scratched up and look ugly over time? There doesn't seem to be any real communication on when they will ship the colored IOs so I'm debating whether i should swap for a standard titanium unit at this point,

Kinick23,
Reactions: JCat

DelaSheck

for those with OG colored units do they hold up well enough or easily get scratched up and look ugly over time? There doesn't seem to be any real communication on when they will ship the colored IOs so I'm debating whether i should swap for a standard titanium unit at this point,
I have an Gray OG from 2015 and it still looks good.

Take 25% off a Stainless Steel Hopper io for the next 7 days.” Received a marketing email from HL on 11/23 with the above. That’s all I know of. Still haven’t heard back from HL about trading in my legacy (pre-order) Ti for a SS IO. :peace:
I emailed them about the same thing, they said they could it it. I mailed my OG back on Friday. Not sure if they will do the discount on the full price and then take the check $80 off for the trade in, or Trade in and then discount. 118.75 vs 138.75. I would wager the 138.75.

Tweakz

who can say if it's safe to take hopper io now ? does the manufacturer respond to emails now ?

Tweakz,

scion34

who can say if it's safe to take hopper io now ? does the manufacturer respond to emails now ?

I’ve been waiting since Nov. 6 to hear back on a faulty back-end that “separated” after 5 days. Was told they could ship out a replacement back-end on the 9th, that was the last I’ve heard from them. Nothing has been shipped three weeks later, in the time since the unit has completely died. I’ve sent two responses on the previous warranty and even opened a new one 7 days ago. Haven’t heard from em.

Id wager they’re still a gamble.

Top Bottom