Discontinued Hopper io

ShadowLink12

Activist
Speaking of reliability/supply... I was under the impression everything except the colored Ti is in stock, but my order from a few days ago still has not shipped. Anyone know how long Hopper Labs is taking to get shipments sent out? Would be nice if they would give you any indication of timeline when you order.

ShadowLink12,
Reactions: vapviking

abcd5432

Speaking of reliability/supply... I was under the impression everything except the colored Ti is in stock, but my order from a few days ago still has not shipped. Anyone know how long Hopper Labs is taking to get shipments sent out? Would be nice if they would give you any indication of timeline when you order.
It says the colored ti ships next month.

Am I crazy or are there issues with the colored ones? Does the color flake or something? I swear there was some reason why I was just going to go with normal titanium.

abcd5432,

ShadowLink12

Activist

Am I crazy or are there issues with the colored ones? Does the color flake or something? I swear there was some reason why I was just going to go with normal titanium.

I should clarify, I ordered the SS. Still not shipping immediately apparently.

ShadowLink12,
Reactions: abcd5432

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Been saying that for months now. :zzz:
I should clarify, I ordered the SS. Still not shipping immediately apparently.
They don't send shipping confirmations, you have to keep looking back at your order and there will be a link to tracking number when item has shipped.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
6+ weeks with my Ti IO and it still works well. Granted I’m not using it daily, perhaps every other day, but it still works fine. Slowly I’ve been increasing the temp a bit using it mostly, i.e. 98%, natively without the silicone tip. I’ve used it with a small spoon pipe for external cooling, also the PFE which I bought the beginning of this year to use with my OG Hopper. Extraction is great, vapor too though a bit hot in the mouth/throat which I’ve adjusted my draw technique a bit to compensate. It definitely feels more reliable than my OG Hopper and remains fairly cool too except the mouthpiece on quick back-to-back draws (my OG gets much warmer and occasionally hot by comparison). Overall a good purchase with a fairly known commodity (for me). You can’t beat the pocket-ability and portability. Was a 70 watt heater warranted? Perhaps not with the short air path but that’s just me. A slightly less powerful heater would have sufficed but I’m not an engineer so what do I know? I do think HL manages the battery better with the IO - and newer batts work very well with it too.

Is the IO my favorite portable vape? Nah, but it’s darn good! :peace:

ShadowLink12

Activist

Turns out I was mistaken and mine did ship within a couple days. Saw "in progress" and missed that there was actually shipping tracking info for my order. Confusing system, but looks like everything is in stock other than color ti and shipping out quickly.

vapepilot

Today I tried my 2nd Hopper io in SS for the third time (because I first use one until it no longer works, until the bitter end;) )

to test whether a crackling can be heard when vaping. and to my delight, yes it is, however, to the one made of titanium that i have also tested that does not do it. and the ABV was just as dark as on my first SS IO. i am happy. :)))))

and with the SS IO the ABV is not only chocolate brown, it is like bitter dark chocolate brown :)

I only reported something else here because I had only tested it 2 times. The Tinymight can only produce such a dark or evenly dark ABV without a cooling unit with basket screen. then maybe little darker or the same (had tested it long time ago), but then it runs hotter too.

i am full in love with my 4th SS IO`s.

My number 3 and 4 will be unused in the closet until they are needed :)

Edit: ..and my number one works for +4months like the first day purrs like a kitten

Last edited:

ShadowLink12

Activist
Got in my SS IO today. Love at first toke. This thing freaking rips compared to my OG hopper. (Granted my recent experience with the OG hopper was limping along with flashing blue lights trying to maintain heat).

Loaded with a bit more herb than I normally would for a small/microdose. Took two hits on 1 and had massive clouds even on the first hit, one hit on 2 and I was personally done. Herb all perfectly even light brown. Amazing really. Had no trouble with the heat hitting native. Will be trying out PFE next round.

If QC is in check for the Hopper IO this thing is a phenomenal success, and a major upgrade over the original.

JoeKickass

I'll believe it when I see it!

Changed my order to plain Ti and got it the next week, the IO is definitely an upgrade on the Grasshopper!
I actually like it a bit more than the Tinymight for home use, I can get bigger rips from the IO using the Plenty cooling coil than the Tinymight, even using 2 of the TM cooling units!

abcd5432

I'll believe it when I see it!

Changed my order to plain Ti and got it the next week, the IO is definitely an upgrade on the Grasshopper!
I actually like it a bit more than the Tinymight for home use, I can get bigger rips from the IO using the Plenty cooling coil than the Tinymight, even using 2 of the TM cooling units!
Interesting, I never use the tiny might without water.

I'll need to buy something before year end, this is worrisome only having one vape.

I noticed the pfe is listed once in their site but on vgoodiez they have a titanium pfe. Does grasshopper not. List it?

scion34

I noticed the pfe is listed once in their site but on vgoodiez they have a titanium pfe. Does grasshopper not. List it?

Once you click on the listing you have the option to pick between the various metals/colors on their website. The Ti ones cost a tad more than the SS PFE.

Finally bit the dirt on an Ti IO after eyeing grasshoppers for years, arrived on Halloween no less! Just in time for some spooky bowls!

First impressions are that it works beautifully, loving the quickness and density of these hits. I do find the charger a bit wonky, it didn’t like a few usb plugs I tried, and the fact you have to unplug and replug each time is a tad cumbersome.

I do have some gripes with the overall finish, my unit arrived with multiple blemishes and deep scratches to the surface, it drives my OCD wild but I’ll get over it rather than complain to HL...
Slightly weirder, straight out of the box there was visible Scooby snacks (weed leftovers) in the tip behind the screen. I’m curious if I paid full price for a refurbed unit but it is what it is, works great 👍

abcd5432

Can the grasshopper batteries be recharged in a standard rechargeable battery kit like the ones you would use to recharge the standard batteries found in the Tiny Might or the P80?

ChooChooCharlie

I guess HL, and most folks, use "hot" usb ports, like on a laptop, or adapter already plugged into a wall outlet. If you look back a page, I use a timer

The big difference is my hopper attaches to a "cold" charger, no current. After attaching, I tap the timer button which starts current flow. The io lights once, waits ten seconds, then begins normal charge blinking

For kicks, I tried putting hopper on a "hot" charger -- and now I see what you guys, and HL, were talking about, and why they inserted that charging warning on the little slip of paper

Wish they would just recommend connecting to a cold charger. Many devices advise safe charging practice like this anyway. (I didn't really understand before, because of my longtime setup with timer)

Edit: Simpler ... First put io in mag charger, then plug into power

Last edited:

MoltenTiger

Can the grasshopper batteries be recharged in a standard rechargeable battery kit like the ones you would use to recharge the standard batteries found in the Tiny Might or the P80?
Yeah most 18650 chargers should work, so long as you can adjust the terminals to fit the smaller GH batteries

visible Scooby snacks
That's pretty bad! Did you let them know?
Scratches too, that's rough.
Not a good sign that things are still hit and miss with QC. No excuses left after all these years and the same carelessness. They should be triple checking every box.

slozukimc

Once you click on the listing you have the option to pick between the various metals/colors on their website. The Ti ones cost a tad more than the SS PFE.

Finally bit the dirt on an Ti IO after eyeing grasshoppers for years, arrived on Halloween no less! Just in time for some spooky bowls!

First impressions are that it works beautifully, loving the quickness and density of these hits. I do find the charger a bit wonky, it didn’t like a few usb plugs I tried, and the fact you have to unplug and replug each time is a tad cumbersome.

I do have some gripes with the overall finish, my unit arrived with multiple blemishes and deep scratches to the surface, it drives my OCD wild but I’ll get over it rather than complain to HL...
Slightly weirder, straight out of the box there was visible Scooby snacks (weed leftovers) in the tip behind the screen. I’m curious if I paid full price for a refurbed unit but it is what it is, works great 👍
I would be all over them about sending a NEW unit! There is no excuse to get a used or refurbished unit when you paid for brand new. Finding weed remains in the package and scratches says to me that was a defective unit sent to HL and then half assed looked over and sent back out.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I do find the charger a bit wonky, it didn’t like a few usb plugs I tried, and the fact you have to unplug and replug each time is a tad cumbersome.
For kicks, I tried putting hopper on a "hot" charger -- and now I see what you guys, and HL, were talking about, and why they inserted that charging warning on the little slip of paper
I charge on the mag chargers (all 3 "types") most all the time these days and rarely have to 'reset' (my term) the usb. Most often it will need the reset when in a "changed" setup. In other words, if I leave a charger plugged to the same power source (adapter) it does not need re-setting very often, but if I move a charge cable to a different adapter, it may need the reset once Hopper is attached.

Usually, for me, it's a simple matter of clicking the charger on to the Hopper, and making sure I get that first reassuring blink.

someTooL

Been using a 14/18 glass reducer on the PFE as a mp with nice results. I think that was my problem using the silicone mp not getting a good pull. Problem solved.

Biggest part of the post is the brag on the grasshopper Delta 3D mini funnel. Picked this up a couple weeks ago and absolutely a go to. Effortless even pack every time.

slozukimc

Been using a 14/18 glass reducer on the PFE as a mp with nice results. I think that was my problem using the silicone mp not getting a good pull. Problem solved.

Biggest part of the post is the brag on the grasshopper Delta 3D mini funnel. Picked this up a couple weeks ago and absolutely a go to. Effortless even pack every time.
Everyone should try a Hopper Feeder if they can find one.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Everyone should try a Hopper Feeder if they can find one.
If you're referring to the 3d printed feeder from Israel, I did try that a couple of years ago.
I found it to be a decent design concept, but for me, it required being very vigilant about grind, cleaning, amount of fill, etc., etc. I thought it seemed more like a proto-type than a final product.
I found I regularly had to fully dis-assemble, brush out, re-assemble the tool.
Then after a couple of months it broke, probably from some stress or wear stemming from using it when it was somewhat clogged.
If there were some improved version, I might try again; this one is close to the mark, but I can't say I'd get another of this version.

slozukimc

If you're referring to the 3d printed feeder from Israel, I did try that a couple of years ago.
I found it to be a decent design concept, but for me, it required being very vigilant about grind, cleaning, amount of fill, etc., etc. I thought it seemed more like a proto-type than a final product.
I found I regularly had to fully dis-assemble, brush out, re-assemble the tool.
Then after a couple of months it broke, probably from some stress or wear stemming from using it when it was somewhat clogged.
If there were some improved version, I might try again; this one is close to the mark, but I can't say I'd get another of this version.
I agree it can be a bit fidgety and that makes it fit right in with a Hopper. Lmao!!!! Sticky herb requires a LOT of cleaning for sure. It is super handy for a quick discreet load and go if you don’t mind the upkeep.

jabba

Is there any kind of a 'trade' program with Hopper Labs? I have both an original SS and Titanium in box(es) with all original materials. I'd surely like to trade for an io. They both work fine....I mean....I have the typical hot back ends...and flashing light occasionally..and wonky battery life....but they both work. I'd love it if they would give me trade credit for an io.

fogbank

Is there any kind of a 'trade' program with Hopper Labs? I have both an original SS and Titanium in box(es) with all original materials. I'd surely like to trade for an io. They both work fine....I mean....I have the typical hot back ends...and flashing light occasionally..and wonky battery life....but they both work. I'd love it if they would give me trade credit for an io.
I posted this on the Grasshopper thread as well.

Be prepared to receive an offer for an $80 credit for each OG Hopper that you want to trade in. They will probably also ask for tracking numbers to prove that you shipped the OG Hoppers and chargers back to HL.

jabba

This is precisely what was offered. I mailed a perfectly working and exceptionally clean SS OG back to Boulder yesterday. I am waiting for the discount code to purchase an SS io. I have had both an OG SS and Titanium since 2016. I am a light user....but both have worked since original purchase. I only use natively....and infrequently....but I love the form factor. If the io has more power, better battery life, cool back-end, and no flashing lights...I'll be happy.

Top Bottom