• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Hopper io

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
I’ve had no issues or problems with my Ti IO for 3+ weeks. Except I find the vapor too hot natively. Everything is working fine however. I’ve gone through all of my relatively new batts (6) a couple of times, threads are silky smooth, temp dial works, button works, lights work; good clouds most draws (except when load is done, obviously). Sorry to hear others are having issues. I was definitely apprehensive about getting an IO after having an OG Hopper for 4+ years (one of which it spent at HL for RMA). I just hope HL is not beneath, between and behind (:rockon:) with the IO like they were with the original Hopper. We’ll see. TGIF - time to use the IO and welcome the weekend! :peace:

Guest399

After only 2.5 days the package arrived on Friday from the USA to Germany. It works. And even if I'm the bad man here, which I don't care at all !! .. there are packages that somehow get stuck in the shipment status and remain, that's already happened to me within Germany, even if only very few times. that seldom happens in general, but it does. That has nothing to do with customs, because there is a minimum processing time of 14 days, which I was told by several people. and every good company, as hopper labs has also done, then makes a replacement delivery and either requests the package back or is compensated financially. and not like the man VGOODIEX thinks I might get both packages at some point. no matter. thanks hopper labs, NOT thanks to VGOODIEX
and have fun the others here ;)

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Email from HL this morning (been waiting/hoping for this!);

It has been a bumpy 2020 for everyone but the Hopper io has been shipping for the last 5 months and the results have been amazing. A smooth rollout has put thousands of Hopper io's into early supporter's hands and they are loving it. We designed io with the most power-dense convection heater ever made, improved battery life, and top-notch reliability. We hope the Hopper is helping everyone through this year and truly appreciate the support you showed us. To show our appreciation we will be offering accessory discounts every day for the next 7 days. Follow us on Instagram (hopper_io) for daily updates.

Last edited:

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
As often seems to be the case, Hopper Labs email communucations are sweet for some and rather sickening for others.

It's a shame there has still been no mention, whatsoever, of colour units or of batteries to replace those we were instructed to dispose of due to being a fire hazard.

Targeted emails on these issues to those concerned would be a piece of cake and help reassure customers as well raise opinions.

Instead we receive some (imo) pretty cold feeling marketing.

I'm really not too interested in adding any more batteries to the order I placed back in November last year (along with my colour io) that I have not yet received.

But honestly, I am rooting for Hopper Labs 110% . . . I donated to the fire cause when I ordered even though they have my money from the steel case I ordered more than 5 years ago.

Maybe when the io shows up I'll be able to send my pre-order OG Hopper back to Boulder for another warranty visit . . .

I'm really looking forward to Hopping again - it's been a minute and those times, when they come around, are special.

Sorry for the whingey tone but thanks, all, for the therapy! :mental: :tup:

:peace:

Vaporific

Email from HL this morning (been waiting/hoping for this!);

It has been a bumpy 2020 for everyone but the Hopper io has been shipping for the last 5 months and the results have been amazing. A smooth rollout has put thousands of Hopper io's into early supporter's hands and they are loving it. We designed io with the most power-dense convection heater ever made, improved battery life, and top-notch reliability. We hope the Hopper is helping everyone through this year and truly appreciate the support you showed us. To show our appreciation we will be offering accessory discounts every day for the next 7 days. Follow us on Instagram (hopper_io) for daily updates.

Uh, yesterday was the 10th (I got the email too) and seven days hence is the 17th yet the message and date in the image says the offer expires the “12th”. Either an honest mistake or the usual HL smoke screen and communication confusion :2c:.

Still enjoying my newish IO but it leaves me wanting more/better. Can’t run it hot enough natively without scorching vapor and getting decent medicinal effect. I thought the added horsepower would help but it’s been the opposite for me. I’m not giving up at all but it should be easier/better. Honestly, my Tinymight works much better in that I can use it natively at higher temps with cooler vapor. I’m going to use the PFE today instead of the native IO mouthpiece for more contrast and comparison. Yesterday’s hike was underwhelming with the IO yet I still love the form factor and pocket-ability. :peace:

seki

Uh, yesterday was the 10th (I got the email too) and seven days hence is the 17th yet the message and date in the image says the offer expires the “12th”. Either an honest mistake or the usual HL smoke screen and communication confusion :2c:.
To show our appreciation we will be offering accessory discounts every day for the next 7 days.

I think this means that they will be discounting more than just the batteries over the next week. I assume it means that they will be offering 6-7 accessories at a discount in total. The discounts for each item probably last a day or two, which I am also assuming is why the battery discount ends on the 12th.

I understand the PTSD about Hopper Labs' communication, but I don't think this is an error or deliberate obfuscation on their part.

zymos

Yeah, that email kind of left a bad taste in my mouth. Like I’m gonna give you money for more batteries (or anything) before I get the hopper I paid for over 6 months ago??

someTooL

I treated this as a buy 3 get one free deal.

Update on my clicker “issue”. I did another super deep cleaning and ran maybe 10 loads this weekend with only one time of the Ti powering off.

Must still be a happy customer. Bought 4 more batteries lol.

someTooL,
Reactions: Vaporific

nonbeliever

As often seems to be the case, Hopper Labs email communucations are sweet for some and rather sickening for others.

But honestly, I am rooting for Hopper Labs 110% . . . I donated to the fire cause when I ordered even though they have my money from the steel case I ordered more than 5 years ago.

Maybe when the io shows up I'll be able to send my pre-order OG Hopper back to Boulder for another warranty visit . . .
It‘s a noble hope and thought, however, as things stand today, there is a line you have to wait in to send your broken OG Hopper back. They won’t give you an RMA until they are ready for you to send it in (I guess when they’ve sold enough IO’s and stuff to fund the repairs? - er, COVID Is over). 2 weeks ago they told me 60 days which, (based on experience with Hopper time) means next spring I suspect.

mulciber

2 weeks ago they told me 60 days which, (based on experience with Hopper time) means next spring I suspect.
Nine months ago I was told I'd have my RMA unit (which they'd had for 1.5 years) back in 60-90 days. I recently pushed it again and they said sometime next year. There's nothing behind anything they say.

mulciber,

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
It‘s a noble hope and thought, however, as things stand today, there is a line you have to wait in to send your broken OG Hopper back. They won’t give you an RMA until they are ready for you to send it in

Hey man, thanks for the reply but I have been 'round these here parts for a while :freak: so I am fully aware of the current situation and understand there is a queue for warranty repairs on OG units, however, my request has been open for several months with a 'please return your device to Hopper Labs' status - I'm just choosing not to send it back until my io arrives because when I consider the amount of money I have spent with this company and their unfortunately flakey track record, I would be very uncomfortable not holding something back otherwise I would feel there is a very real potential for me to lose almost everything.

I realise this may not sound particularly logical to some (to say the least) as I am ultimately hanging on to a very expensive & over-engineered paperweight . . . . but we all have to do what we have to do in our own way so that we may sleep at night, right?

And just for old-times sake, here's a couple of snaps from the archive of my lovely blue Ti GH, because currently, looking pretty is about all it can do . . .
Aw4WIhQ.jpg

NEnhqsm.jpg

Hop on.

fogbank

IO IO it’s off to RMA I go........this is getting fucking ridiculous. Hopper IO number 3 is starting to act up and not power on as well as going into low power mode with a fresh battery. Before anyone asks, yes, they are fresh batteries from the most recent batch.
I am currently investigating an issue with my Ti IO that is similar to one that you describe.

I have a brand new battery that I charged in the IO. I got 1-2 draws from it before the Hopper went into low power mode. I then charged it in my Nitecore D4 and tried it in the IO again. It went into low power mode after 1-2 draws. I put the battery into an OG Ti Hopper and charged it internally. I have already managed to get 16 draws out of the battery in the OG Hopper, so the battery seems to be fine. I put a different battery in the IO, charged it internally, and I have already managed to get 8 draws out of it without going into low power mode (I suspect that I will get even more). I will need to re-test the original battery in the IO to see if I can replicate the issue, but it sure seems to me like the battery may be causing issues with the IO Hopper, and not necessarily the other way around.

I wonder if the battery could be providing too little power for the IO to operate in "normal" mode while still allowing the OG Hopper to operate at full power?

Vaporific

Mea culpa: an apology of sorts for my previous post about HL’s latest email and promotion. I read it wrong. Not sure if there will be other discount codes throughout the week, least likely by email. Apparently Instagram (or Twitter) is the latest social media choice of HL to my dismay (and for some of you). Their lack of presence on here sure is deafening though. I’ll leave it there. Hope some take advantage of the promotions; I’m good for now (including batts).

And speaking of batteries, in the past I’ve gotten a few crappy batts in a few different batches. My motto back then was that no two HL batts were the same. Perhaps it’s better now; my latest ones seem to be fairly uniform with respect to performance. :peace:

Vaporific,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I wonder if the battery could be providing too little power for the IO to operate in "normal" mode while still allowing the OG Hopper to operate at full power?
I think this scenario is entirely possible. I had a similar (but not exactly) situation.
It went something like this;
Sometime in 2019 I received a warranty og hopper back (body, iirc) and it would not power up to temp, just went to flashing low-battery lights. The several batts that I had were fairly old by then and while they would work in 2 other, older og's they would not power the more recently updated og. HL suggested battery might be the issue, and they were nice enough to sell me a battery from the 'private stock' they were down to and it worked great. That reworked og heats up (from cold) in about 3 to 4 seconds. Later, HL told us that they had worked some of the io tech into the og repairs' process.

*****************************************​

Meanwhile, in the "good c/s" news category, yesterday HL made me feel like a winner, kudos to them for that. I have ordered 2 batteries at the sale price, and in addition, I finally asked for the 2 I am 'owed' from the fire recall in '19 to be sent (I had waited for an opportunity like this). Asked if I could get my purchase shipped with those, and HL agreed to free shipping. My out-of-pocket* for this deal is less than 20 bucks, and 4 new batteries will be forthcoming. Not too shabby!
*I did originally pay for the 2 recall batts, at a 4/20 sale price.
Thank you's and props to HL for this!

Last edited:

Vaporific

I have ordered 2 batteries at the sale price, and in addition, I finally asked for the 2 I am 'owed' from the fire recall in '19 to be sent (I had waited for an opportunity like this).
Good for you! We however shouldn’t have to ask or nag HL about replacement batteries or anything else we pay for that they don’t ship right away after payment. I understand there are shipping costs involved and I commend you for consolidating your orders to save them (and perhaps you) some money. But the replacement batts are on them, regardless if you don’t add/buy anything else or not. Had you not reminded HL that they owed you a couple of replacement batts they likely would’ve conveniently forgotten about them. They did with me (got mine over the summer, and no I didn’t order anything else) and a buddy (who ordered his batts 2 months before me in ‘19 and still hasn’t gotten them). They still have a ways to go with customer service if you ask me. It has gotten better (got my IO within a week on the East Coast but I had to inquire about it since their order tracking is still abysmal) and far from ideal :2c:. I still have an open order from ‘19 on my account in which I already received my items. For the birds if you ask me. :peace:

Michel

I am currently investigating an issue with my Ti IO that is similar to one that you describe.

Had the same issue. Switched the battery and everything was fine. I wonder if it’s really the battery since I had it in another hopper for 2-3 months.

Edit:
@Vaporific , I’m totally with you. But knowing their history and financial situation, at this point I’m just pleased owning a working hopper and getting a response through the warranty portal in less than 48h. Of course, no excuse for the desasters some of us went through and are still going through but I guess HL hadn’t much to laugh in the last years neither. I hope they’ll improve their CS constantly and get someone like @VGOODIEZ as employee to clear the mess.

Last edited:

learoydeetroy

is it possible to smoke dabs out of the hopper? Did anyone try it? Like I've had a firefly 2 for a couple of years, but I've kinda killed the vape when I was biking last week, so its dead. I think the ceramic stuff broke inside. Ive really enjoyed the versatility when I was jumping from dry herb to wax. If hopper doesn't work with dabs, can anyone recommend me a good pure convection vape(except the tiny might) which takes both dabs and herbs. Thnx

learoydeetroy,

Coombs

I’ve had to stop using my Hopper while I wait for my hydrotube to arrive. While I loved it for the first few days. By a week in my lungs/chest were starting to hurt after pulling for a few seconds and lots of coughing after. I’m not sure if it is the high heat or the amount of particles I could feel hitting my mouth but I’m not sure I’ll be able to continue to use it natively.

Anyone else experience this? I haven’t had this feeling since I stopped smoking from pipes/bongs 6 or 7 years ago now....

Coombs,

Vaporific

I’m not sure if it is the high heat
It’s the heat for me. I’ve mentioned it above. HL put a super car engine in the same body essentially and it’s been difficult for me to use at higher temps natively sans cooling/filtration. My IO works flawlessly so far (4 weeks) but the heat signature is too hot for me too. My mouth and throat get too dry and irritated after moderate usage. When I use my Tinymight (natively too) it’s way cooler and I can run it at higher temps than my IO, thus the effects are better. Can’t say the same yet for the IO; I’ve had some success but vapor is generally too hot natively. As for the temp of the vape itself, it’s fairly cool and I haven’t noticed it overheating like I do with my OG Hopper (both are Ti). I hope you find your comfort and balance - I’m still trying with the IO... :peace:

Coombs

Thanks for the reply Vaporific. Did it impact your ability to inhale other vapes? I’m finding my lungs/chest sensitive to any of my vapes now. Taking a vape break right now hoping that will fix it and just consuming capsules/edibles to keep my self from going crazy ;)

Vaporific

Thanks for the reply Vaporific. Did it impact your ability to inhale other vapes? I’m finding my lungs/chest sensitive to any of my vapes now. Taking a vape break right now hoping that will fix it and just consuming capsules/edibles to keep my self from going crazy ;)
Maybe. I pretty much use the Hopper - initially OG until I got the IO recently - in tandem with the Tinymight, which I got 5 months ago. The honeymoon with the TM doesn’t seem to want to end and it’s a completely different style of vaping for me in lots of aspects compared to the Hopper (glass vs. metal, wider and longer air path compared to narrower and shorter), and a few other vapes I have yet seldom use anymore. I too may need a break soon to see if it helps. The IO definitely irritates me unlike the Tinymight but I don’t want this to be a comparison post more than I’ve already done. As with all vapes, I thoroughly cleaned my IO when I got it and brush it out often (mouthpiece hasn’t been soaked in ISO yet but soon; backend threads and front too still very smooth). With the added wattage and subtle other features it’s a great upgrade from the OG Hopper. I just haven’t embraced it as much as I was hoping after having an OG for 4 years. Indeed it may be just too hot to use effectively natively for me. External cooling/filtration can’t be ruled out as an essential extra with the IO for me either.

IO IO it’s off to RMA I go........this is getting fucking ridiculous. Hopper IO number 3 is starting to act up and not power on as well as going into low power mode with a fresh battery. Before anyone asks, yes, they are fresh batteries from the most recent batch.
That asked you to send your io back? I just put in a warranty request and they put me in line. Told me I could trade my hopper io in for 80$ off a new io. Hahaha :doh:

BeardedFeline,
Top Bottom