Discontinued Hopper io

Brickeldred

I've been tracking this thread for awhile and I want to pull the trigger so bad, but all these horror stories make it difficult. Are you able to buy additional batteries with a new IO?

BornRedEyed,

Macicman

Mod Note: Double posts merged

You mean #Dope-gun ? That says it all. Looking forward to more IO reviews! I’m jealous but holding out on the IO,and it’s too bad cause I can buy 10 of them now if I wanted to (or any other vape at the moment) but won’t. New replacement batts ASAP for my Hopper would be a (nice) start by HL. We continue to wait... TGIF to all. :peace:
You are profiling me.

It is obvious that the success of this great rebirth of FC is dependent on my hopper IO review.

my assessment (without evaluating them) is that Hopper Labs will not come back here anytime soon.
I am the DopeGun(TM) spokesman now.

Last edited by a moderator:

abcd5432

Ordered on 6/15 and just received today, which was very surprising.

Already by far my favorite vape I've ever used in terms of heat up time, vapor quality and vapor production. We'll see if it lasts, but love it so far.

The tip gets pretty hot at higher temperatures (>3.5) but is manageable native below that. Above 3.5, it is manageable native with a silicone tip. Don't have the PFE yet
Request please to have posts like this removed?
He's purposely trying to drain my bank account.

I doubt I last through the weekend hearing that I can have a new vape in less than 5 days.... I don't even know if I'll last now...

Edit: ew that fast? I thought you got it Friday.... Did you just do standard shipping? Damn... I'm about to order something knowing full well they won't give me the batteries I ask for.....

Edit 2: if I don't order now it won't ship today....

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
I'm about to order something knowing full well they won't give me the batteries I ask for.....
What, if anything, did they say about batteries? I empathize with you, I really do. I don’t need another vape but rather want another. And to get get a suped-up Hopper (which I own one of) in the IO would be great. But again, batteries and the lack thereof right now and waiting for new ones for, lets see - almost 17 frigging months - and the newness of the device though fairly positive yet few reviews thus far, and HLs bumpy track record, I’ll continue waiting.

But I WANT an IO. When I look at all the portables out there I’d next buy an IO - or perhaps another Tinymight (LOL). But a more powerful and allegedly more power efficient IO in a form factor I love, think is easy to use and maintain and one which I’ve been accustomed to for 4 years (minus the one full year in RMA-ville) is very compelling. Need I mention the batteries again however? I can’t imagine being happy with a new IO and just one new battery out of the gate and my legacy Hopper is running fairly well too though my battery supply is running low.

(sigh)

Conundrums! :peace:

abcd5432

What, if anything, did they say about batteries? I empathize with you, I really do. I don’t need another vape but rather want another. And to get get a suped-up Hopper (which I own one of) in the IO would be great. But again, batteries and the lack thereof right now and waiting for new ones for, lets see - almost 17 frigging months - and the newness of the device though fairly positive yet few reviews thus far, and HLs bumpy track record, I’ll continue waiting.

But I WANT an IO. When I look at all the portables out there I’d next buy an IO - or perhaps another Tinymight (LOL). But a more powerful and allegedly more power efficient IO in a form factor I love, think is easy to use and maintain and one which I’ve been accustomed to for 4 years (minus the one full year in RMA-ville) is very compelling. Need I mention the batteries again however? I can’t imagine being happy with a new IO and just one new battery out of the gate and my legacy Hopper is running fairly well too though my battery supply is running low.

(sigh)

Conundrums! :peace:
They didn't say anything about batteries, but I DOUBT I can buy the grasshopper and 5+ batteries and actually receive 5+ batteries from them. I don't trust them since so many people haven't gotten their orders yet.

MoltenTiger

the io is a dope cannon

I just tried out some direct tokes with the front end. I guess it does seem different in some way to the original. I'll further investigate soon. Largely, the rapid intake just allows huge hits before the device/front-end heats up. It's more efficient. I think the insulation is improved and the efficiency too. The herb heats up instead of anything else, which was always a potential problem with the original design.

Another cool feature I found was the magnetic charger now latches into place with a retaining lip clipping to the middle ring contact. It's really secure, takes a bit more effort to connect but is much more convincing. The back end is really premium. The whole unit seems sealed up and ultra polished. It's the version of the hopper everyone wanted, taking all the problems into account and turning it into pure gold

_20200621_011135.JPG
_20200621_023754.JPG

Using it direct, if you take a decent hit, leave it on and quickly take another, it gets pretty hot. But, you can switch it off and still get two or so tokes. The heater retains heat amazingly well.

I found the trick to huge bong hits was to start with a very slow inhale speed for a short time, and then slowly ramping up speed before inhaling as intensely as possible and then switching off before clearing the piece. It works like magic.

_20200621_013219.JPG

Pretty happy I decided to opt in. Of course the real test is longevity, but it does seem overall more polished, and dare I say trustworthy.

Last edited:

deeznutslol

Request please to have posts like this removed?
He's purposely trying to drain my bank account.

I doubt I last through the weekend hearing that I can have a new vape in less than 5 days.... I don't even know if I'll last now...

Edit: ew that fast? I thought you got it Friday.... Did you just do standard shipping? Damn... I'm about to order something knowing full well they won't give me the batteries I ask for.....

Edit 2: if I don't order now it won't ship today....

lol, should’ve mentioned I live in CO, but still didn’t expect it that fast without priority shipping.

Also, I emailed them before to make sure I could get extra batteries, and they said they were limiting orders to 1 extra battery for now. I’m assuming my email made them ship it out quicker, idk.

Unless you have the disposable income I wouldn’t buy it due to HL, but I will say it’s pretty much my perfect vape so far.

get about 4-5 bowls per battery, charges pretty quick.

shiner25

Unapproved commercial account.
So is the hopper worth getting now in June 2020? I was going to get it in 2019 but went with the firefly 2 plus

abcd5432

lol, should’ve mentioned I live in CO, but still didn’t expect it that fast without priority shipping.

Also, I emailed them before to make sure I could get extra batteries, and they said they were limiting orders to 1 extra battery for now. I’m assuming my email made them ship it out quicker, idk.

Unless you have the disposable income I wouldn’t buy it due to HL, but I will say it’s pretty much my perfect vape so far.

get about 4-5 bowls per battery, charges pretty quick.
Just saw on reddit that the colored ones aren't available. Darn... Why doesn't it just say out of stock....

Macicman

the io is a dope cannon

I just tried out some direct tokes with the front end. I guess it does seem different in some way to the original. I'll further investigate soon. Largely, the rapid intake just allows huge hits before the device/front-end heats up. It's more efficient. I think the insulation is improved and the efficiency too. The herb heats up instead of anything else, which was always a potential problem with the original design.

Another cool feature I found was the magnetic charger now latches into place with a retaining lip clipping to the middle ring contact. It's really secure, takes a bit more effort to connect but is much more convincing. The back end is really premium. The whole unit seems sealed up and ultra polished. It's the version of the hopper everyone wanted, taking all the problems into account and turning it into pure gold

View attachment 1711
View attachment 1715

Using it direct, if you take a decent hit, leave it on and quickly take another, it gets pretty hot. But, you can switch it off and still get two or so tokes. The heater retains heat amazingly well.

I found the trick to huge bong hits was to start with a very slow inhale speed for a short time, and then slowly ramping up speed before inhaling as intensely as possible and then switching off before clearing the piece. It works like magic.

View attachment 1712

Pretty happy I decided to opt in. Of course the real test is longevity, but it does seem overall more polished, and dare I say trustworthy.
Damn! I haven't even tried the PFE yet, because it is on the TI Grasshopper.

Guest399

got my io days ago :)

it is my first device from HL. After some sessions I can not say so much, unless it is very good.

But the frontend gets very, very hot on the lips, which makes it almost impossible to kill a load without taking breaks. there helps the silicone mouthpiece a little bit.

What helps is to do a glass tube from RBT or TM before. Thanks for the tip @MoltenTiger

without silicone mouthpiece of which I luckily have some pieces is in my opionion the Hopper not usable and it would be disappointing at all or with glass tube before or with bong. but i only vape without bong. so it's ok and good.

I have some machine oil inside from the frontend and some inside from the herbal chamber from the hopper. after cleanig with isopropanol remain the stains. but i will want to see over it.

In all it is a very very nice inconspicuous vaporizer which looks fantatsic but not so practiable to using like the TM for me.

The Extraction is fantastic ! overall I'm very happy :)

Edit: i cant see or noticed a differnce between the old and new Frontend for now. but i dont removed the screen from the new one yet.

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Just saw on reddit that the colored ones aren't available. Darn... Why doesn't it just say out of stock....
Did HL post something informative on reddit? Or did someone just say, "unavailable"? That's not what it says on the io website. There, it says Estimated Ship Time July 2020.
Of course, that's just an estimate. :/

One reason they might not say "out of stock" could be that that the item has not yet been "in stock".

It would be like saying the SS Case is not in stock, when really it's just never been built in 5+ years.

Last edited:

Vaporific

One reason they might not say "out of stock" could be that that the item has not yet been "in stock".
From past experience, which continues to this day, HL’s estimates are to be taken with a grain of salt.

The steel case and Hopper Battery Charger have been for sale for like, forever, and has anyone seen these lately if ever? I do recall a few HBCs sold and in the wild but very few. Same thing from HL: collect money and sit on it before sending anything out to customers claiming all sorts of excuses.

Sill want an IO but I’d rather get my batteries first for my legacy Hopper before I throw more money at HL. The waiting continues. Also waiting for their presence herein but I won’t hold my breath for this. :peace:

sammac

I started having issues with my clicker this weekend. Sometimes when I click it - it doesn't turn on and sometimes it doesn't turn off. Also, I hold it similar to how I hold a pencil and use my pointer finger to click and the sideways pressure can sometimes turn it off and on without clicking. I am still loving how it is hitting but I am worried. Hopefully I am a lone case of this. Anyone else experienced anything similar?

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I started having issues with my clicker this weekend. Sometimes when I click it - it doesn't turn on and sometimes it doesn't turn off. Also, I hold it similar to how I hold a pencil and use my pointer finger to click and the sideways pressure can sometimes turn it off and on without clicking. I am still loving how it is hitting but I am worried. Hopefully I am a lone case of this. Anyone else experienced anything similar?
Sounds very similar to issues I've had with some OG's back end(s). The "turn itself on" part is disturbing and I'm not comfortable with one of them in a pocket or in wife's purse unless I put it in a leather sleeve for some protection against this behavior.

Stonedbadger

@sammac sorry to hear about your problems with your Hopper IO, but thanks for sharing them. I hope HL treats you right, but I would understand your concerns.

It's a real shame that HL haven't joined new FC to provide updates and feedback, maybe they found a convenient excuse to stop posting. Hopefully this will change if the sites are merged in the future.

Vaporific

Hopefully this will change if the sites are merged in the future.
I don’t think the moderators will merge the sites and I’m speculating on this. The fact that HL either doesn’t know to sign up for this new site or won’t after several weeks speaks volumes that their heads are still in the sand, likely again eating crow over the latest supply issues and delays - particularly the batteries (AHEM) that power the vapes (IO and Hopper), lack of cash, etc. :peace:

Vaporific,

abcd5432

How would they be able to charge you for something 1-5 years in advance if they said out of stock? Saying out of stock wouldn’t mislead anyone into buying something they will not get for years! :lol:
I had to click in to see the estimated ship of July.

You guys are all mean showing off your hoppers and how good it is.... I'm just going to break down and order it and some bongs.....

Well this and the tiny might are way better form factors than the minivap. I really shouldn't complain. These were the upgrades I was looking for. I wanted something that wasn't so heavy. Now I need some 14mm bongs.... I broke all of mine except the lmz mini taurus. Like that will last.....

Also @deeznutslol literally said I have no disposable income if I don't order.... You're all bullying me!
Did HL post something informative on reddit? Or did someone just say, "unavailable"? That's not what it says on the io website. There, it says Estimated Ship Time July 2020.

It would be like saying the SS Case is not in stock, when really it's just never been built in 5+ years.
Some said they asked for an eta and they were given 30-60 days. So I'm betting that July shop date is really gonna be August or later.

Just my guess given hopper labs

Last edited:

Guest399

what i do not understand is
why HL ordered not 5000 pieces of Batteries or more (and thats in the best some years in the past -but past is pastand if they change it we dont must speak about the past i think) to make all customers happy. to get only some pieces are to low for all vapers
and they can so make money too

Last edited:
Top Bottom