Discontinued Hopper io

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
HL already using the corona excuse for delays. Prepare to see shipping pushed back multiple months on the io, calling it now. Not trying to be a dick here but if you've already got the parts there shouldn't be any reason for this virus to cause a delay. You supposedly have so few employees it takes you months to get warranty requests fixed so you shouldn't be too worried about the virus spreading around a huge crowded office. I'm still going to my job every day just like normal and so is everyone else I know.

9RSCkMl.png

vapviking

Old & In the Way
You supposedly have so few employees it takes you months to get warranty requests fixed so you shouldn't be too worried about the virus spreading around a huge crowded office. I'm still going to my job every day just like normal and so is everyone else I know.
Let's please not go there.
This is perhaps a more major issue where I happen to be sitting than for you, but it is not something for any of us to take lightly.
Normal is on hold for a while. The people who are sick and those about be to apologize for the inconvenience.

It's not about 'not being afraid of it' -- like the kids insisting on their spring break on Clearwater Beach -- it's about all of us trying (together, for a change) to slow - even by a little bit - the inevitable spread.

Sincere apologies for OT Debbie Downer Digression.

slozukimc

HL already using the corona excuse for delays. Prepare to see shipping pushed back multiple months on the io, calling it now. Not trying to be a dick here but if you've already got the parts there shouldn't be any reason for this virus to cause a delay. You supposedly have so few employees it takes you months to get warranty requests fixed so you shouldn't be too worried about the virus spreading around a huge crowded office. I'm still going to my job every day just like normal and so is everyone else I know.

9RSCkMl.png
Where have they done that? I see you spouting shit but not Hopper Labs.

slozukimc,
Reactions: Vaporific

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
You may not be trying but you’re certainly succeeding. With the entire world in crisis, why don’t we just wait and see what happens as events unfold? :peace:

Where have they done that? I see you spouting shit but not Hopper Labs.

Our first rule is Be Nice. If you want to express your dissatisfaction with @Cheesequake's impatience, please do it respectfully or use a PM. Thanks for your cooperation.

@Cheesequake: if you feel that you need to preface your statement with "not trying to be a dick" then you probably should rethink what you're about to say.

slozukimc

Our first rule is Be Nice. If you want to express your dissatisfaction with @Cheesequake's impatience, please do it respectfully or use a PM. Thanks for your cooperation.

@Cheesequake: if you feel that you need to preface your statement with "not trying to be a dick" then you probably should rethink what you're about to say.
I apologize.

Vapor Mainline

Vapor (Ent)husiast
I’m also wondering where they said this:hmm: I haven’t received an email from them. Though I did have to contact them to receive the email regarding completing my pre order a week or so ago...so:p

Hopper Labs

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
I have the exact same issue. Made an account just to say this so it gets noticed. I have reached out to both support@grasshoppervape.com and support@thehopper.io for almost a week and absolutely zero response on cancellation or refund of my order.

I will be filing a complaint with that Better Business Bureau. If I still don't get a response, I will take them to court in Colorado. I have nothing but money and time.

thanks you for your experience with ho... also current !!! will not buy anything from these "boys" at now. in germany we say the customer is king. but not by Ho...

Thanks guys for reporting very bad customer service from them..

Please PM me if this is the case and we will get it straightened out. We have always issued refunds for unshipped items at any time. I see already Tolamang has.

There is currently not a shipping delay for Hopper io and there likely will not be one unless the government tells us we cannot go to work. Otherwise, we are continuing on and only waiting on the battery as we said before.

AJS

Calm Consistency
There is currently not a shipping delay for Hopper io and there likely will not be one unless the government tells us we cannot go to work. Otherwise, we are continuing on and only waiting on the battery as we said before.
As someone who works customer support, this is exactly how I reply to people who reach out in assumption of something negative about the company. I resonated with this. ..Maybe I just read it in the tone I'm used to typing in :D

Stoked to see these go out. Wishing you guys luck. Been using my Ti Hopper for years now without any issues at all. Still running like the day I got her. Since September 2016...so over 3 years. WOW. That's a long running hopper. Keep going buddy!

lazylathe

Almost there...
Earlier in the thread I posted that I thought there may be a shipping delay due to Covid 19.
Now that the virus has actually made it to the North American continent, things are and have been very real for a lot of people.
Businesses have shut down, employees sent home till further notice and some without any pay.

This pandemic has basically shut down the world one continent at a time and has eradicated generations of families in some areas.

The gravity of the situation will only get worse in the coming weeks and we may have to come to terms with the fact that shipping companies may also shut down or run on a skeleton staff.

Is a shipping delay a certainty at this time?
Not at this time but just watch the news and you will change your mind quickly.

If there is a shipping delay, it is caused by an extremely serious virus that has made most of North America stay at home and forfeit work for the time being.
This is beyond everyone's control and isolation is the best way to prevent the spread!

@Hopper Labs
I admire you for continuing to work for as long as possible.
Your health and safety are of first concern, so that when this situation resolves itself you will have a full staff returning to work.

I am off work for two weeks and today they announced our first case of Covid 19.

Scary times for the next few weeks!
Stay safe and stay away from other people!

My 3+ year old SS Hopper is still performing flawlessly and will be putting in it's time over this quarantine period!

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Your health and safety are of first concern, so that when this situation resolves itself you will have a full staff returning to work.
I also wish safety and good health to all and I agree with all of what you've said here, except this.
It's a critical mass moment wherein we have to put the safety of others above our own and slow the spread.
As the governor of my state (NY) said, "We are all First Responders."

@slozukimc , I feel ya on the comfort levels. I'm about 4 miles from New Rochelle, NY.
Serious hunker down hopping going on here.

Edit:
@lazylathe
I see already that I may have mis-understood your intent, and if that's the case I do apololgize.

slozukimc

I also wish safety and good health to all and I agree with all of what you've said here, except this.
It's a critical mass moment wherein we have to put the safety of others above our own and slow the spread.

@slozukimc , I feel ya on the comfort levels. I'm about 4 miles from New Rochelle, NY.
Oh fuck dude! I am by Seneca Lake so a ways from there! Best of luck neighbor!!!

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Just got email from HL that the io launch still on for April. Go HL! Good luck with the launch. I’m rooting for you - 2.0.:peace:

EDIT: was out for a long walk with my pre order Ti no less when I tapped out the above. My Hopper continues to rock post RMA. Love my Hopper (again)!

Last edited:

lazylathe

Almost there...

Edit:
@lazylathe
I see already that I may have mis-understood your intent, and if that's the case I do apololgize.

No worries bro!
It's a stressful time right now...

SquirrelMaster

@lazylathe
It's crazy that we're (my province) is only 10 days into the "shit hit the fan" scenario, it feels much longer then that. I had to stop paying attention to the news, it's not good for my health and I know we're much better off in Canada then other parts of the world. I really fear for my southern neighbours, it's going to be very rough ahead. We'll make it though this though and we'll come out stronger and more connected then ever before. Stay safe, stay positive and spread the love.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I wonder, when HL receives the new batteries, which will be prioritized, replacement batteries for the bad batch folks were told to dispose of, or shipment of the Hopper.io? My perspective is that they's devoted almost all time and resource to the io and a lot is riding on its' rollout.

For a product so darn close to shipping, waiting only for batteries, it seems really weird that there hasn't been a video or photo presentation of the actual product. I remember Trevor showing us one he was sporting, but very little in that pic said,"io".

It's crazy that we're (my province) is only 10 days into the "shit hit the fan" scenario
Great analogy!
As we all know, once the shit actually hits said fan it spreads out very quickly...

Last edited:

Hopper Labs

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
io will get batteries and then replacements and then new orders. As @vapviking said we have promised io and should ship as it is ready. This will bring in the necessary revenue for continued operations, especially now during this time. Those who are waiting on replacements can still get 1 battery from the older batch to keep them going during this time, just pm.

We will have video and more photo content coming soon. Our video setup was destroyed in the fire and we have been running a very tight budget. We have a new camera coming this week so expect content soon.

So who wants to get an early release io? We would like to get a few of you guys involved. PM me if you had an early reservation and have completed checkout with a Stainless or Titanium model.

zeus420

@Hopper Labs

Hi! i have sent in my Titanium Hopper via Vaposhop (where i bought it) on the 28th of March in 2018. Thats almost 2 years now.

Vaposhop says that they dont know or getting no info from you guys when the Hoppers are comming back from the Warranty.

Its difficult to deal with you guys is what they said.

Any Idea when Vaposhop.de gets there Hopper back from you guys?!

regards
Florian

ps.: will the GHB2 work with the new Hopper IO

zeus420,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
ps.: will the GHB2 work with the new Hopper IO
They will work, but the io is going to require batts that are in real good shape, and after 2+ years your may be too far degraded.
If this works out, that HL will send your grasshopper (or replacement) back to you, even if just for that one you should ask if a battery is available to purchase from their holding stock.

Top Bottom