Discontinued Hopper io

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Well let's kick things off then shall we . . . ?
Last I thought I would drop in a little more info about the Hopper io ;) to get us back on a positive note. The device should likely have its own thread, so maybe someone wants to create that and compile info there.

Hopper io --- io = instant on
  • Zero heat-up time. Click it, and it is ready to use right away
  • Temp high end is now 430f/221c
  • Complete redesign of the backend (50% reduction in contact surfaces, gold plating on existing surfaces, black plastic molded into machined tick marks for better visibility, smoother dial action, increased battery contact pressure, and self-cleaning battery contact.)
  • Completely new internal heater topology allowing 65-watts of power, greater efficiency, cooler operation per-unit extraction.
  • Many many other changes which I will get into as we roll out more info online.

Release date is currently set to April 2020 and it appears that preorder reservations are still available for $99 here:
https://www.grasshoppervape.com/store/product/electric-blue-grasshopper/

pre__order-2.b5386548f5c6.jpg

I know I'm definitely looking forward to this . . . . so I guess I may as well settle in and enjoy the ride.

:peace:

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Woah! Did not see this coming...

I'm a little disappointed to see it is still designed like a pen (clicker tricker instead more traditional button that is easier to press and quieter, more room for body and mouthpiece to stay cool with more vapor cooling) however it sounds like there will be plenty of improvements!

I was an early pre-order of the original, once they were opened up after the original crowdfunding campaign, this will satisfy me as I had high hopes for that one that could not quite be met, but fuck I am still interested in this IO! $99 certainly sounds like a deal to me...

Will all of them be colored black? Or will there be options? Any other kind of improvements and accessories that we can expect to see too? Some sort of cooling mouthpiece perhaps?
(It's a shame that loading the mouthpiece as the chamber never worked out in the final designs)

Somebody try to talk me out of jumping in all over again please? :lol:

Edit: just clicked and read the link, seems The $99 is only a deposit, stainless steel will cost a total of $255 while titanium is $295 apparently... I guess that makes it easier to hold off for me :rofl: but I am still very curious!

Also, @VegNVape I've missed you brother!

Last edited:

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
@Hopper Labs

I know others have mentioned that they believe the max temp of the original 'hopper to be higher than is stated, or perhaps there is a large variance max temp among units. Most of this speculation is due to the color of ABV after a session, which I don't think is particularly indicative of much. Do you have any ways to verify/confirm the max temps reached in operation?

Very much looking forward to this. I have not been this enthusiastic about a device since my OG tubo I think.

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Aw thanks @Shit Snacks - I've missd you too my man. And it's nice to be back & to see so many friendly (old!) faces ;)

Yeah sorry guys (@lookhigh) - my bad for not making it clear in the original post that the $99 is for a reservation spot only - the unit itself will cost $255 for SS and $295 for the Ti version. So the $99 is just a deposit leaving the remainder of the balance to pay when the device is available.

I really don't think Hopper Labs are trying to trick anyone over this - the full price is right there on the same page as where you pay your deposit :2c:

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
@Grepper - perhaps you're right, or maybe we're just happy to try to help one of the (imo) most exciting and innovative vaporizer manufacturers on the planet succeed in bringing an amazing device to the people.

Personally, I think this kind of thing is only for those who have the patience to deal with the wait, along with a rather forgiving mindset - after all, shit happens but who cares if you can roll around and enjoy it like a dirty ol' dog! Plus, a selection of other vapes to tide you over if things go awry is pretty damn essential too.

To be fair, people have been telling me I'm out of my mind on the regular for various different reasons for years, but I'm pleased to say I've generally never paid them too much attention because here I am, still vaping my herbs, eating my greens & recycling my rubbish.

Each to their own I guess.
Make me eat my words hopperlabs
This is what we want to see! :tup:

Last edited:

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
But even when it was not RMA'ed countless times, and it finally worked, didn't nearly all the hopper owners say unanimously that its vapor path was too short and the vapor harsh and hot?

:shrug:

That's the first thing I would be curious about, did they improve that primordial aspect?

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
But even when it was not RMA'ed countless times, and it finally worked, didn't nearly all the hopper owners say unanimously that its vapor path was too short and the vapor harsh and hot?

:shrug:

That's the first thing I would be curious about, did they improve that primordial aspect?
I love absolutely every single thing about the hopper when it works. Clearly a lot of other people do too or they wouldnt still be in business after the multitude of problems they've had over the last 5 or 6 years.
You'd have to be out of your mind to pre order the IO considering the history of this company.

Make me eat my words hopperlabs
:lol:

mixchu69

I guess, as usual online, we hear the critics louder than the supporters then. Because I swear I read the criticism about the hot and harsh vapor more often than the praise, failure rate issues set aside.
Yea, that were the early complaints. Why make such a portable device need a water tool or j-hook. I would like to see something like an adaptation of the nub from lamart or simrell vortex to clip/screw on to the grasshopper, making it one piece and easy to pocket

Top Bottom