• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Hopper io

lisifi

I'm from EU, so i don't know how it goes in the USofA ... but if we get sent a busted device ((DOA)... we have RMA processes to get it back to the manufacturer without making costs for the customer ...

HopperLabsIO_RMA.PNG

Apparently HL sees this differently?
is this legal? can i take action on this?

lisifi,

SquirrelMaster

I'm from EU, so i don't know how it goes in the USofA ... but if we get sent a busted device ((DOA)... we have RMA processes to get it back to the manufacturer without making costs for the customer ...

View attachment 5202

Apparently HL sees this differently?
is this legal? can i take action on this?
If you used a credit card you're probably protected. If they don't budge contact your credit card company and see what they say. It's one thing to pay return shipping if your device broke 6 months down the road but dead on arrival is on them and any respectable manufacturer needs to cover the cost to make it right imo.

lisifi

If you used a credit card you're probably protected.
Ha! Thanks for that SquirrelMaster
Payment was made by PayPal, but as i see it, i can open a "dispute" on PayPal;
that would be the same process?

From the PayPal payment page:

Do you need help?
If there's a problem, make sure to contact the seller through PayPal by 29 May 2021. You may be eligible for purchase protection.

Then realised that I don't really feel any differences in heat between temp 1 and 5 and there is no way any vape can produce so big of clouds at 150°C (what should be temp 1).
Until then I was taking 1 draw at each temp setting and my last draw at 5 was giving me really nice dark abv.
I then tried to stay on temp 1 until vapor trail of and bump to 5 to get what should be left/unvaped and got nothing and the AVB is as dark as it is after big draws on 5.
So I can confirm there is no real heat settings with my io.
Yes Momor,
this was also the issue with me ... Hopperlabs confirmed my issue, and want me to send them the device back ... on my expenses

lisifi,

SquirrelMaster

Ha! Thanks for that SquirrelMaster
Payment was made by PayPal, but as i see it, i can open a "dispute" on PayPal;
that would be the same process?

From the PayPal payment page:

Do you need help?
If there's a problem, make sure to contact the seller through PayPal by 29 May 2021. You may be eligible for purchase protection.

Yes Momor,
this was also the issue with me ... Hopperlabs confirmed my issue, and want me to send them the device back ... on my expenses

Yes you should be covered then. I'd see what they replay back with before you go down that path. It just doesn't seem right to me that a company would expect you to pay return shipping on a device that didn't work from the get go.

SquirrelMaster,
Reactions: lisifi

Momor

Yes Momor,
So they could confirm tour issue before you send it ? They ask me to send mi IO so they can check if there really is an issue
It just doesn't seem right to me that a company would expect you to pay return shipping on a device that didn't work from the get go.
I paid ~30€ to send it back although my IO was defective out of the box :(

Momor,

lisifi

Hi Momor,

how did that story end for you?
So now you paid a Hopper, paid a return shipment ... and do you have anything that works now in your hands?

Momor

Hi Momor,

how did that story end for you?
So now you paid a Hopper, paid a return shipment ... and do you have anything that works now in your hands?
Not yet. I sent it in last week from France and it just arrived in the states, not to HL yet.

Momor,

lisifi

Not yet. I sent it in last week from France and it just arrived in the states, not to HL yet.
OK,
i guess i'm facing the same ordeal;
i did sent them an update concerning opening a dispute with PayPal;
no feedback on that yet;

Oh well, we'll see ...

lisifi,

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Got some new glass this week in the form of 14mm & 18mm j hooks and my IO inaugurated the 14 last night. I had a silicone tip on it and finished off a partially used load (don’t recall what it was) and then filled it with pure Sativa, all on 4.5 which is much higher than I usually run it. Wow! I got baked in 4 draws which were a bit longer than I do natively. Vapor was cool as anything and I got decent clouds (could’ve been denser but I’m not a cloud chaser anyway). But the effects were amazing! I haven’t used my IO or OG for that matter on that high a temp in like a long time. But wow, it’s nice to have a nice and longer cooling option than my little glass spoon pipe that I’ve occasionally used with my IO. The IO still shines brightly in my vape lineup and new glass will help when I’m home (the j hooks won’t leave my house but my Hoppers usually do). :peace:

Jah75

Got some new glass this week in the form of 14mm & 18mm j hooks and my IO inaugurated the 14 last night. I had a silicone tip on it and finished off a partially used load (don’t recall what it was) and then filled it with pure Sativa, all on 4.5 which is much higher than I usually run it. Wow! I got baked in 4 draws which were a bit longer than I do natively. Vapor was cool as anything and I got decent clouds (could’ve been denser but I’m not a cloud chaser anyway). But the effects were amazing! I haven’t used my IO or OG for that matter on that high a temp in like a long time. But wow, it’s nice to have a nice and longer cooling option than my little glass spoon pipe that I’ve occasionally used with my IO. The IO still shines brightly in my vape lineup and new glass will help when I’m home (the j hooks won’t leave my house but my Hoppers usually do). :peace:
I actually linked the below in another post for another vape that I also use it on, but this is what I use on the go with my Hopper IO and it provides nice cooling. I also have some glass jacks and screens coming to rig some cooling turbulence above the 14mm mouth

Last edited:

Jah75

scion34

I keep one for my sic DTV4 (my primary dabber) and one for my hopper/other flower vapes

hehe I do the same thing! I find the herb/flower muddles the flavor a bit if used with both. I’m even thinking about a third solely for travel/vehicle use. :rofl:

If only someone could come up with a silicon sleeve that wouldn’t leak!

tryingtowin

I’ve been rocking my io’s with one of these for a few months now, I’m in love to say the least! I’d highly recommend this pairing, plus Matt’s a good dude

:2c:

https://ineedhemp.com/product/hubble-bubble-14mm-glass-hydratube/
Yo this looks nice..know anyone else who carries it?

anyone know how i can clean this? been using 90% ISO for days..is there a special tool or another method? Thanks

Jah75

Yo this looks nice..know anyone else who carries it?
Divine Tribe carries these
anyone know how i can clean this? been using 90% ISO for days..is there a special tool or another method? Thanks

That looks like hard water stains mixed in with some reclaim. You need something to break it down like CLR or Dark Crystal. You can avoid it by using distilled water

tryingtowin

Divine Tribe carries these

That looks like hard water stains mixed in with some reclaim. You need something to break it down like CLR or Dark Crystal. You can avoid it by using distilled water
yea thanks! it's exactly that..I was thinking clr but also if there was anther method so ill be getting some clr....Ive tried the dishwasher and boiling it haha still didnt help

scion34

I’ll let some vinegar sit in mine for a bit inside a plastic baggie after I’ve cleaned with ISO, usually does the trick. Like @Jah75 mentions, CLR works great too if Vinegar and ISO don’t do it, however be mindful to rinse it well.

I’ve also had good luck using Powdered Brewers Wash over the years, found on Amazon. Works great and is faster in cleaning vape residue IMO.

Jah75

I’ll let some vinegar sit in mine for a bit inside a plastic baggie after I’ve cleaned with ISO, usually does the trick. Like @Jah75 mentions, CLR works great too if Vinegar and ISO don’t do it, however be mindful to rinse it well.

I’ve also had good luck using Powdered Brewers Wash over the years, found on Amazon. Works great and is faster in cleaning vape residue IMO.
PBW definitely works and I have no idea why vinegar didn’t come to my mind lol. Much better on your glass than CLR (or easier to ensure it’s rinsed at the very least

jabba

All this talk of glass....I now 'get' it. I've largely been using Hoppers since 2016....quite happily....and haven't combusted since 2016. Now I have an io.....and have been using my hopper(s) more than ever during the last year (pandemania). I also picked up a Dynavap just for fun. Anywho....this all makes me realize that yes....of course with the hopper's short vapor path....the vapor can be quite hot....and with the io quite hot and quite quickly. Is it a problem? Well....the ease of use, maintenance, speed of use, and efficiency offered by the hopper is imo second to none. That said....after using the Dynavap on occasion...I do find the Hopper vapor quite a bit hotter and thus somewhat less pleasant by comparison.

With the old original hopper I was more of a moderate length 10 second constant pull type of hitter. I still try that with the io....but it can get hot. I'd read about using the tongue as a blockade for more of a mouth pull type draw....but I find that can get scorching hot quite suddenly. Lately I have bee playing with taking long but quite slow draws.....less air.....but still 10 seconds or so....but pulling quite quite quite slowly....then a click off.....then a heartier 'clearing' draw. This seems to show some promise.

So the hopper isn't 'perfect'. I mean if you want the speed, stealth, ease of maintenance/cleaning, and ability for FAST and thick vapor from flower, yadda yadda, yadda yadda....the Hopper is awfully good. The vapor is hot....that is the downside. Like any of these vapes...the hopper requires some finesse and experimentation to overcome what I see as its sole draw-back. As a decades long combuster....I s'pose that I had previously found it difficult to complain about a bit of heat. Now that I have 5 years under my belt without combusting...I can see from the vantage of those who'd complained of hot vapor from the Hopper.

Herbie Hancock

The 60 Second Assasin
I received my stainless IO right before Christmas. Unbelievable Instant on experience. I was back in board. So I took advantage of the TI sale... and yea. It is lacking. Not even close to the performance of the stainless version.
My OG TI and Stainless worked identically with each other. For the IO i am seeing a trend here with the TI units.
It does appear to get hot. But it doesn’t seem to extract hardly anything. Very little vapor at 4.5.
I emailed hopper labs for the next step. Very unfortunate.

jabba

I received my stainless IO right before Christmas. Unbelievable Instant on experience. I was back in board. So I took advantage of the TI sale... and yea. It is lacking. Not even close to the performance of the stainless version.
My OG TI and Stainless worked identically with each other. For the IO i am seeing a trend here with the TI units.
It does appear to get hot. But it doesn’t seem to extract hardly anything. Very little vapor at 4.5.
I emailed hopper labs for the next step. Very unfortunate.
Not good news.... With a new TI on the way for Tuesday delivery.

scion34

I wouldn’t worry about the Ti units. When I still had a functioning Ti IO it worked just as well as one of my two SS IO’s that I consider the ‘hot’ one. I definitely have a SS unit that runs on the cool side, however I don’t mind it and it works well for native use.

In my opinion all the IO’s are a bit of a draw whether you receive a hotter/colder tuned one, independent of whether you ordered Ti/SS.

For what it’s worth, I’m still waiting on an “exchange” for the Ti unit - That they offered, instead of warranty service. They’ve had it in their possession since the 17th of Dec. with no word. I inquired the other day just to be told the warranty service is backed up. So I dunno, it’s still a bit of a hair pull dealing with HL.

ChooChooCharlie

My four Ti io units heat very well, don't notice difference between them. Leave dial a bit above 3. My first io was a SS, my memory of it was cooler than the Ti's. It was sent away to see action in AC adapter thread testing, bravely served, now MIA. But, I didn't have gb3 batteries then, and the io seems more sensitive to weak batteries

Edit: One of my TI io units was lent to Bud last Fall. You can see its performance in his video review, I posted it back on page 83

Last edited:
Top Bottom