Hex-Nail (HN-01) - RIP

Kalikron

My tracking number is active, with any luck I may get it for the weekend!
That's awesome! I hope you get it soon and please let us all have your first impressions; or a review if you have enough time for it....
I'm order #207 (mahogany! So cool looking from pics @HexNailAva has posted).
I know the order numbers aren't 100% indicative of shipping order etc but I hope I get my tracking info soon as well. It's going to be unreal cool to get my hands on the most intelligent eNail in the world.....and then use it like crazy with my new Liger.

HexNailAva

Manufacturer
Glad to hear we've got some activity being seen (finally). We'll be focusing on production until all of our orders are filled. After that improving the tunings and adding more feature into the software will be our focus. We're really looking forward to seeing what people think. Some of the coil v. nail temps were quite surprising to us. ;)

damm

Indeed finally some movement ... I think i'll reset my estimates maybe by Valentines day has taken quite awhile to get this far...

damm,

showman

Hi, what's the difference between the 3 coil options?

Does this work at this point with either the xlr 2.0 or the new mini xlr 3.0 sub?

showman,

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
@showman
FAIK they are testing a Sub 2.0 for optimizing control settings of the HN for it.

They dont want to build in a special connection for the Sub, they are building an adapter to connect the Sub XLR with the HN's existing connection.

Up to now there was no reaction from @HexNailAva to my announcement of the new to come Sub MiniXLR 3.0.
But guess they will build an adapter for this connection too?
Dont know if they have to optimize control settings for the new heating element.
Is general construction the same?
Will only changed design change performance of the heater too?
Atomizer will be the same.

Hogni,

HexNailAva

Manufacturer
We'll have to take a look but generally we should be able to figure it out. We're pretty heads down on manufacturing at this point. I think a few members here might get there units by tomorrow.

@Monsoon & @mutten840 both have units on the way to them. Keep in mind the tunings are still being refined in a lot of ways. They are fairly accurate at this point but we're refining the duty cycle a lot in the coming months.

I hope to have an annotated guide on the current UI up soon.

PoopMachine

We'll have to take a look but generally we should be able to figure it out. We're pretty heads down on manufacturing at this point. I think a few members here might get there units by tomorrow.

@Monsoon & @mutten840 both have units on the way to them. Keep in mind the tunings are still being refined in a lot of ways. They are fairly accurate at this point but we're refining the duty cycle a lot in the coming months.

I hope to have an annotated guide on the current UI up soon.

/JediMindTrick Ship PoopMachines unit.....

mutten840

So I got my hex nail today. Got a chance to do a dab and holy shit it was other level. I had it set to 580 and had to dial it down to 560 on the 20 mm bucket with sapphire insert. The UI is a little buggy, but they are planning on releasing an update soon. I used a stylus for the touch screen since I have fat ass fingers and it made a huge improvement for me. I will post more, but wanted to let you know that unicorns do exist and I have one in my dab lab =)

Much much love and respect to Ava and her band of Dab Assassins for taking care of the people looking for more out of their stuff :clap::rockon::clap::rockon:

Silat

When the Facts Change, I Change My Mind.
So I got my hex nail today. Got a chance to do a dab and holy shit it was other level. I had it set to 580 and had to dial it down to 560 on the 20 mm bucket with sapphire insert. The UI is a little buggy, but they are planning on releasing an update soon. I used a stylus for the touch screen since I have fat ass fingers and it made a huge improvement for me. I will post more, but wanted to let you know that unicorns do exist and I have one in my dab lab =)

Much much love and respect to Ava and her band of Dab Assassins for taking care of the people looking for more out of their stuff :clap::rockon::clap::rockon:

Hiya Mutton.
What temp are you getting inside the dish?

HexNailAva

Manufacturer
I'll have an update coming later tonight and we plan to have more units shipping tomorrow. Liz is out picking up more wood stock now, in fact.

Once we get all of our current orders out we'll be focusing on refinement of the software & UI. As folks receive their nails please message me or email me with any issues or bugs you run into. We'll do our best to fix them quickly. We plan to push quite a few updates for both UI and tuning tweaks within the next few weeks.

PoopMachine

I'll have an update coming later tonight and we plan to have more units shipping tomorrow. Liz is out picking up more wood stock now, in fact.

Once we get all of our current orders out we'll be focusing on refinement of the software & UI. As folks receive their nails please message me or email me with any issues or bugs you run into. We'll do our best to fix them quickly. We plan to push quite a few updates for both UI and tuning tweaks within the next few weeks.

You guys are awesome! I have to say you have your shit together especially for a 420 company. You guys and Matt at @divinetribe are the epitome of what this industry should be. Cant forget Josh at CCA either. As this industry keeps growing, people with their shit together and excellent customer service will rise to the top.. its nice to be riding on this train.

mutten840

Guys, I promise to have a full review tomorrow. The testing I have done so far has left me semi incapacitated :science:
I feel like its the first time I had a real dab again and so far I keep dropping the temp and it keeps kicking my ass. Currently at 540 temp on the coil and know I can drop the temp even further. I could not be happier with the quality of dabs. Oh and my wife gave it the complete approval as it looks very sexy with that finished wood case :love:

Promise to have a full review and pics first thing in the morning and anyone waiting for their unit to arrive is gonna be soo damn happy once they do a dab with Hex Nail:rockon:

Stylus pen is a life saver people and make sure to look over the UI breakdown Ava posted earlier. You will need it. Trust me :tup:

HexNailAva

Manufacturer
Guys, I promise to have a full review tomorrow. The testing I have done so far has left me semi incapacitated :science:
I feel like its the first time I had a real dab again and so far I keep dropping the temp and it keeps kicking my ass. Currently at 540 temp on the coil and know I can drop the temp even further. I could not be happier with the quality of dabs. Oh and my wife gave it the complete approval as it looks very sexy with that finished wood case :love:

Promise to have a full review and pics first thing in the morning and anyone waiting for their unit to arrive is gonna be soo damn happy once they do a dab with Hex Nail:rockon:

Stylus pen is a life saver people and make sure to look over the UI breakdown Ava posted earlier. You will need it. Trust me :tup:

We'll be including a 'placeholder' stylus with any orders going out from now on (we honestly just forgot with that round of shipments. Eep). Anyone in Round One can expect a matching stylus (and possibly dabber combo?) once things settle down enough for us to turn out some fun stuff on the lathe. :)

We're super psyched to hear more (and to get feedback and fixes rolling) but we're glad we could give you a good dab. That's what we're here to do. I still don't understand all the math that Liz has crunched to get here...but there's just something to it.

We were definitely surprised at some of the dish temp numbers vs coil temp. We're really seeing how much power it takes to push the Liger to temp and it's awesome.

Kalikron

I still haven't gotten tracking yet but I know I will. I am in what is technically round 1.5, I think. I missed the deadline by a couple days. Still though I hope I see an email with a number soon!
I'm disabled and my income is pretty limited; so I had to wait until all my bills were handled until ordering.
Still though, even with the wait; I consider myself fortunate to get in on the ground floor with a product like the HexNail. Totally dying over here with my new Liger all brand new and ready to use with it....

Kalikron,

HexNailAva

Manufacturer
Just a heads up to everyone chomping at the bit for reviews, it looks like my Hex-Nail won't be here until Monday/Tuesday at this point. I got the walnut one for those interested, gonna be cool to see the pics of all the different woods here as they arrive.
Damn. We had really hoped the extra shipping bump would get it through in time for the weekend. :\

Has it gotten through customs at least? That's always what we worry about just due to bad personal experiences with the great white north. Heh.

I still haven't gotten tracking yet but I know I will. I am in what is technically round 1.5, I think. I missed the deadline by a couple days. Still though I hope I see an email with a number soon!
I'm disabled and my income is pretty limited; so I had to wait until all my bills were handled until ordering.
Still though, even with the wait; I consider myself fortunate to get in on the ground floor with a product like the HexNail. Totally dying over here with my new Liger all brand new and ready to use with it....

We're definitely working as quick as we can. We keep getting slowed down by bad parts. Specifically temp sensors. There's a fairly large (and documented) bad batch that seems to have polluted a lot of the usual sources online. We keep trying to get them in somehow but each new sources delivers the same defective batch numbers.

We're trying to communicate with the one seller that seems to have proper stock to verify before purchase but the nature of the sensor makes it hard to 'test'. We're looking into a replacement that offers the same level of accuracy now, but that's why we picked this part in the first place.

Either way, the next batch out includes @PoopMachine and I believe a few others here at FC. We had another ice storm last night so, naturally, it's like the apocalypse is coming in Portland. We hope to have a large batch go out on Monday. We're planning a pretty sleepless weekend of soldering and tuning so expect more updates on Monday.

Monsoon

Damn. We had really hoped the extra shipping bump would get it through in time for the weekend. :\

Has it gotten through customs at least? That's always what we worry about just due to bad personal experiences with the great white north. Heh.
Last update it was in Toronto but it hasn't gone through customs yet, I'm guessing it'll clear over the weekend based on past experience.

Monsoon,
Reactions: NSCocoa
Top Bottom