• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Hex-Nail (HN-01) - RIP

notslim1

My biggest problem is that more often than not the wifi stops working and i cant display it on an external monitor. I use my hexnail pretty much everyday for the last 14 months. No major issues other than wifi. It says it's connected but I cant ping it.

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
My biggest problem is that more often than not the wifi stops working and i cant display it on an external monitor. I use my hexnail pretty much everyday for the last 14 months. No major issues other than wifi. It says it's connected but I cant ping it.

Curious, are you using a 01 or 02?

ensabbahnur,
Just had my Hex Nail freeze up. Walked into the room and the coil was glowing red hot and the unit screen was frozen. Hopefully my coil isn’t ruined. Looks like it may have just started to happen.

this happened to me. Many times. Your coil is probably fine. Get a Max Vapor, if you can.

scalescliffs,
Reactions: muunch

alittledabwilldoya'

Sapphire Powered Dabstronaut.
Just had my Hex Nail freeze up. Walked into the room and the coil was glowing red hot and the unit screen was frozen. Hopefully my coil isn’t ruined. Looks like it may have just started to happen.

Do you keep your HN-01 on all the time?
When I was running mine essentially 24/7 this happened to me a couple of times.

alittledabwilldoya',

ccchase420

TheCCC420 YouTuber
hey guys, i'm having trouble remembering how to access the web interface of the hex nail. the touch screen has started to take a dump on my 01 and it's almost to the point where i can't change the temp anymore. i remember it's a url..something hexnail and a port number..help would be greatly appreciated.

edit: it is still able to connect to my wifi, i just can't remember the format of the url to access it.

edit #2: i think i just killed it completely in my rage tapping on the screen. RIP (but kinda fuck this thing too)

terpy tuesdays back soon.

Last edited:
ccchase420,
Reactions: Silat

Karinyx

If anyone still happens to have the image for the HN-01 1.12 version it would be super helpful. Started getting the localhost rejected connection error recently and hadn't backed up my card cause I didn't want to open it up and mess things up.

Karinyx,

notslim1

Happy New Year. I broke my Galaxy e-Nails 35mm carb cap and banger and was forced to shelve the unit for a while. I'm about to finally get some replacement parts. I broke out the HN-01 and it booted just fine however I am still unable to connect to the in browser GUI. I am connected to wifi and I can ping the device but the GUI refuses to load on any web page.

Its a pretty fun yet useless feature but it is not functioning and I'd like to fix it if anyone has a tip or solution.

Beyond that my HN-01 still seems to be working fine.

notslim1,

buckhakeesah

Amazing! I ended up doing surgery on mine after I couldn't resolve my issues. Completely gutted, took awhile to get through all that hot glue. I wonder if I can repurpose this pi board to do other things. Any thoughts my fellow FC tech minded friends?

MikeRotchHertz

Amazing! I ended up doing surgery on mine after I couldn't resolve my issues. Completely gutted, took awhile to get through all that hot glue. I wonder if I can repurpose this pi board to do other things. Any thoughts my fellow FC tech minded friends?
I picked one up a while back for the first time and it wouldn't power on and then one day it did. Anyway, I moved it and once again no power and this time the switch is not even lit.

I was surprised and the abundance of glue in these things. Kind of sloppy compared to other methods but I can see what they were going for. I found the same model relay and will be switching it out soon. Maybe if I figure it out, I'll take a look at yours too.

buckhakeesah

I picked one up a while back for the first time and it wouldn't power on and then one day it did. Anyway, I moved it and once again no power and this time the switch is not even lit.

I was surprised and the abundance of glue in these things. Kind of sloppy compared to other methods but I can see what they were going for. I found the same model relay and will be switching it out soon. Maybe if I figure it out, I'll take a look at yours too

I was surprised and the abundance of glue in these things. Kind of sloppy compared to other methods but I can see what they were going for. I found the same model relay and will be switching it out soon. Maybe if I figure it out, I'll take a look at yours too.
Unfortunately my LED screen didn't make it 😕through surgery.

buckhakeesah

Yes, it cracked while trying to remove the glue around it. I'd be open to helping you. Just hit me up. Good thing I didn't just toss everything. My memory card went bad initially if I recall, so I don't have a good card to provide. But everything else should be good.

Top Bottom