Herborizer corner

shopdognyc

Reporting back. A little more material at higher temp did the trick. A little over 7 (33W), no bowl preheating, and I got huge clouds. I'm absolutely stoned right now :whoa:
The taste is really amazing. I could get tasty hits from all my other vapes but the hit was always weak. But damn is the Herbo strong. Right, here's a comparison after two hits. Very even extraction, doesn't even look like it needs stirring (though I always stir, back from the days of tap-tap-tap after every hit with the MFLB :lol: ). And there's at least a pretty good hit left in there too. Very impressed.
Herbo-bowl-filled.jpg

Edit: Loaded as little material as I was using before and bumped the temp to 8. Great results.

I remember stickstones saying he really liked it over the old one, Iet me see if I can find it.
Found it!
awesome so awesome. just took a bit more experimenting.

vaporoufixtras

sigma vape enjoyer
I read that a stand was definitely recommended but I was too cheap to pay 40€ for it, so I got one from vapefiend instead for half the price (note they say to pick the 18mm option to use it as a Ti stand). I'll report back when it arrives with my herbo.

Checking in for the budget stand, it works really good. It's certainly not as heavy or nice looking as the official one, but it's good enough. Also doesn't seem to get stuck hot or cold.
Thinking about adding some rubber feet and maybe weight in the future.
Herborizer-budget-stand.jpg

Edit: I guess a coffee mug could do the job just as well.
It also works as a heatshield. Though it looks shit :lol:
cup.jpg

Last edited:

Alexis

Checking in for the budget stand, it works really good. It's certainly not as heavy or nice looking as the official one, but it's good enough. Also doesn't seem to get stuck hot or cold.

cup.jpg
Looks should not really matter.

Safety is paramount.

Convenience and ease second. Care is always needed with these heaters.

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
My Herborizer Ti finally arrived! I got to dialing it in right away, though I'm having a little trouble figuring it out. I'll list how I set up everything and hopefully you guys can give me some feedback.
  • Diffuser placement: After reading the manual and looking at some pictures online, I set the distance between the glass and the end of the diffuser at 5-6mm (first image below). I'm also including a couple of close ups of the diffuser, rod and back of the heater so you can tell me if they look ok. Specifically at the back of the heater I noticed some metal strands, doesn't bother me, just wanting to make sure it's normal (you can see them if you zoom in).
  • Screen placement: The original screens weren't included, instead the seller sent some replacement ones that are a bit larger. You can see how they fit in the images below.
  • Amount of herb used: I'm a relative lightweight, so I used enough to almost cover the screen.
  • Temp & preheating: Started off at 5 on the dial and let the Ti heatsoak for over 10' but got very little vapor (and the herb looked really green still). Tried it at 6 then 7 and got similar results. I don't think it was a power issue as the heater was getting really hot and my watt meter showed that the device was drawing 30W from the wall at 7.
    I then tried heatsoaking the bowl for 10' at 7 as well. That time I got a pretty good hit and the herb went a nice even deep brown.

I get the feeling I'm doing something wrong however. My temps feel too high compared to what I've read on this thread. Same goes for bowl heatsoaking times. Any ideas?
I know you adjusted your temps and having good results.
Another way would be to raise your screen. Or put another screen on top with some kinda spacer in between. Hemp fiber, glass beads, basket screen etc. You can effectively lower the needed temp even for micro doses that way.
Have fun!

vaporoufixtras

sigma vape enjoyer
I know you adjusted your temps and having good results.
Another way would be to raise your screen. Or put another screen on top with some kinda spacer in between. Hemp fiber, glass beads, basket screen etc. You can effectively lower the needed temp even for micro doses that way.
Have fun!

Nice idea! After seeing @Zangano Cruel's post here I modded the diffuser placement to 10mm instead of the usual 5mm and it works excellent with small loads. Fully even one hit extraction!

sunyata

IG: sunyata.woods
Accessory Maker
Quick question - I'm not entirely sure from pictures of the XL where exactly the air travels. Does the air touch the stainless heating element/cables on top? Or is it only ever in contact with the glass?

sunyata,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Quick question - I'm not entirely sure from pictures of the XL where exactly the air travels. Does the air touch the stainless heating element/cables on top? Or is it only ever in contact with the glass?
Yes ,it touches the wires and the heater, and i could smell the insulation of the wires emitting off-taste above 7 on the dial. There are very few all glass airpath vapes, if you want you can take a peek at the Vriptech Wand.

sunyata

Accessory Maker
Got a bonus at work yesterday, ordered the ti setup via lacentralvaporisateur today. I long thought these badboys were out of the range I'm willing to pay, but I got the 14mm ti setup (+free bubbler) and the sherlock body for 305€ (using the 10% discount in this thread) with free shipping. Was between that and a minivap, but I think the herborizer fits my vibe more/offers more unique value given the rest of my collection. Just need to turn a lil wooden handle for it so it fits with the rest of my stuff ha.

madhockeydad

Art is beauty
Reporting back. A little more material at higher temp did the trick. A little over 7 (33W), no bowl preheating, and I got huge clouds. I'm absolutely stoned right now :whoa:
The taste is really amazing. I could get tasty hits from all my other vapes but the hit was always weak. But damn is the Herbo strong. Right, here's a comparison after two hits. Very even extraction, doesn't even look like it needs stirring (though I always stir, back from the days of tap-tap-tap after every hit with the MFLB :lol: ). And there's at least a pretty good hit left in there too. Very impressed.
Herbo-bowl-filled.jpg

Edit: Loaded as little material as I was using before and bumped the temp to 8. Great results.

I remember stickstones saying he really liked it over the old one, Iet me see if I can find it.
Found it!

So psyched to hear!!! It's an absolutely amazing vape. Glad you are enjoying it.

dimmusp

Has anyone tried the Cloud Connoisseur (iDB) "chalice" bowl with the Herborizer Ti?

I don't like how the steel mesh screen fits in the stock 18mm Herborizer bowl, plus the handle being flat in the vertical direction makes it hard to hold.

Thanks

dimmusp,

Texus

Got a bonus at work yesterday, ordered the ti setup via lacentralvaporisateur today. I long thought these badboys were out of the range I'm willing to pay, but I got the 14mm ti setup (+free bubbler) and the sherlock body for 305€ (using the 10% discount in this thread) with free shipping. Was between that and a minivap, but I think the herborizer fits my vibe more/offers more unique value given the rest of my collection. Just need to turn a lil wooden handle for it so it fits with the rest of my stuff ha.
I think you will love it. Such such flavor. Lovely for sipping or milking. Remains one of the real special ones for me.

Texus,
Reactions: dimmusp

sunyata

Accessory Maker
So as far as I understand this runs on 12v right? Has anyone used a normal vvps with this? I have the underdog power supply on my vape shelf and would kinda like to just plug in the herbo when it's needed. What kinda voltage would I run? Rescale the 12pt scale on the vvps to the 10pt scale on the herbo power and adjust the recommended numbers accordingly/try it out? :D

sunyata,

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
So as far as I understand this runs on 12v right? Has anyone used a normal vvps with this? I have the underdog power supply on my vape shelf and would kinda like to just plug in the herbo when it's needed. What kinda voltage would I run? Rescale the 12pt scale on the vvps to the 10pt scale on the herbo power and adjust the recommended numbers accordingly/try it out? :D
I think @RedEyeFlightControl runs his from one of his vvps units that he calls the ATM. If you have a multi meter you could measure your preferred voltage on the herbo PSU.

vaporoufixtras

sigma vape enjoyer

I think your only limiting factor would be the wattage of the power supply. I have another 12V VVPS from my Heat Island. That power supply output is (DC) 3-12V and 100-2000mA, so max 24W. When I crank the voltage to the max (12.5V) with the Heat Island hooked on, my watt meter reads 13.5W. That means it's drawing 1.08A, within spec. When I try to hook up the Herbo though, the wattage rises over 24W well before 12V, which means the power supply is drawing far more than 2A which it's not designed for (plus it made a very audible whining sound).
Now the Herbo VVPS power supply is rated up to 12V@3.8A. With the Herbo hooked up at 10 on the dial it draws around 44W which is exactly what the supply is rated for. When I try the Heat Island and crank the dial to 10 it still draws 13.5W.
My conclusion is that each heater draws a specific amount of amperage depending on the voltage and your power supply just has to rated to at least that number. But get a watt meter to be sure.

Last edited:

sunyata

Accessory Maker
I think your only limiting factor would be the wattage of the power supply. I have another 12V VVPS from my Heat Island. That power supply output is (DC) 3-12V and 100-2000mA, so max 24W. When I crank the voltage to the max (12.5V) with the Heat Island hooked on, my watt meter reads 13.5W. That means it's drawing 1.08A, within spec. When I try to hook up the Herbo though, the wattage rises over 24W well before 12V, which means the power supply is drawing far more than 2A which it's not designed for (plus it made a very audible whining sound).
Now the Herbo VVPS power supply is rated up to 12V@3.8A. With the Herbo hooked up at 10 on the dial it draws around 44W which is exactly what the supply is rated for. When I try the Heat Island and crank the dial to 10 it still draws 13.5W.
My conclusion is that each heater draws a specific amount of amperage depending on the voltage and your power supply just has to rated to at least that number. But get a watt meter to be sure.
Very informative, thanks! So if I am interpreting you correctly (and slightly extrapolating from there) I could also just swap the log vvps for the herbo vvps, and figure out new settings for my logs? As in, the herborizer may frazzle log vvps, but the herbo vvps isn't gonna frazzle the logs?

sunyata,

vaporoufixtras

sigma vape enjoyer
Very informative, thanks! So if I am interpreting you correctly (and slightly extrapolating from there) I could also just swap the log vvps for the herbo vvps, and figure out new settings for my logs? As in, the herborizer may frazzle log vvps, but the herbo vvps isn't gonna frazzle the logs?

That was my experience yes. But like I said double check with a watt meter, they're pretty cheap (~10$).
I did use my Heat Island a bit with the herbo power supply and I found the control a fair bit better than the original one.
Though if you have other 12V devices you'd like to power, @Cheebsy's suggestion for the ATM would be your best choice. Bit of a DIY but it costs less than the herbo supply. It's got enough juice to power anything (250W). Plus you can buy the herbo heater separate and skip on the supply.

Hitting the Herbo at 6 (29W) with 5' bowl preheating. Everything gone in one hit.
I love watching the weed melt :whoa:

sunyata

Accessory Maker
Should receive it Monday, so psyched. Quick question: can I just leave it in the bowl I vape from when it's hot, and just take it out, fill the bowl, hit it, dump and then leave in the bowl again? Not like 24h, but like a few?

sunyata,

DeezVaprz

Should receive it Monday, so psyched. Quick question: can I just leave it in the bowl I vape from when it's hot, and just take it out, fill the bowl, hit it, dump and then leave in the bowl again? Not like 24h, but like a few?
That should be fine as long as you don't leave the material inside there sitting. I'm still learning this Ti but it seems that any material left in the bowl while the injector is sitting tends to get a little brown/cooked if left for a bit. The XL I have does not do this but I'm guessing it's due to the larger size of the bowl and distance between the heater and materials.

Still playing with the Ti but I think I've finally found my end game desktop unit. Not a fan of the PID units due to size and generally larger form factors so I held off on this one. I also like that the power disconnects from the heater for quick and easy storage, cleaning and handling. A big plus that I didn't think of too much initially. Purchased the XL kit from @VGOODIEZ and fell in love with the taste and beauty but that unit consumes a larger amount of material and will be better suited when hosting or for setting it out for an evening and sipping rips throughout the day from the same bowl.

So far very happy with my purchases and looking forward to more testing! :love:

sunyata

Accessory Maker
It came, but they forgot to put the bowl into the set, so I can't use it. Fuck. Already set up the vvps with my logs though, works perfectly. Started low and worked my way back up, turns out both the underdog and the woodscents run dope at 8. Also turned a wooden handle instead of the silicone on my lunch break, so that was fun. Let's hope they'll send a bowl soon, this thing is making me itchy. Everything makes a super solid impression, also got the glass sherlock which is pretty rad. Like the swanky j-hook. Just need that bastard bowl now. Elev8r bowl doesn't work.

DeezVaprz

It came, but they forgot to put the bowl into the set, so I can't use it. Fuck. Already set up the vvps with my logs though, works perfectly. Started low and worked my way back up, turns out both the underdog and the woodscents run dope at 8. Also turned a wooden handle instead of the silicone on my lunch break, so that was fun. Let's hope they'll send a bowl soon, this thing is making me itchy. Everything makes a super solid impression, also got the glass sherlock which is pretty rad. Like the swanky j-hook. Just need that bastard bowl now. Elev8r bowl doesn't work.
Shucks, that stinks. Hoping they get you taken care of. They are pretty responsive! The sherlock I ordered with my Ti heater arrived broken. It was packaged nicely, but I'm guessing FedEx/Chronopost were a little too rough. Emailed Seb@herborizer and he was able to get a replacement glass started.

My bubbler and Ti/XL stands arrived today. Very good quality, large base and flavor retention is excellent. Using it with a custom made passthrough made by @Oregonglassblower and it places the bowl right at my eyes, a perfect fit! This bubbler has replaced my mini globe which I found robbed a little too much flavor for my liking. I also got tired of its smaller size.

Overall, very happy with my purchases from Herborizer and @VGOODIEZ and REALLY loving this Ti more than I expected, even though my XL is a beauty to look at and use. It has quickly become my end game daily desktop unit and paired with the bubbler it is a real winner. Now to wait for my replacement sherlock glass for that super terp tongue!

Concerned Mother

Is the taller bubbler the same as the roor vapor one but with a different logo printed on it? There’s an old post saying that the roor vapor heater has 1 mm thicker glass, is this correct? Are there any real differences or is a herborizer XL heater with a tall herbo bubbler the same as a roor vapor only with different print?

Last edited:
Concerned Mother,

Texus

Shucks, that stinks. Hoping they get you taken care of. They are pretty responsive! The sherlock I ordered with my Ti heater arrived broken. It was packaged nicely, but I'm guessing FedEx/Chronopost were a little too rough. Emailed Seb@herborizer and he was able to get a replacement glass started.

My bubbler and Ti/XL stands arrived today. Very good quality, large base and flavor retention is excellent. Using it with a custom made passthrough made by @Oregonglassblower and it places the bowl right at my eyes, a perfect fit! This bubbler has replaced my mini globe which I found robbed a little too much flavor for my liking. I also got tired of its smaller size.

Overall, very happy with my purchases from Herborizer and @VGOODIEZ and REALLY loving this Ti more than I expected, even though my XL is a beauty to look at and use. It has quickly become my end game daily desktop unit and paired with the bubbler it is a real winner. Now to wait for my replacement sherlock glass for that super terp tongue!

And I really liked that Herbo pinched mouthpiece in their glass

Texus,
Reactions: JonServo

Finessseee

cup.jpg
Is the first one the stand from V Goodies? Seems like a no brainer to buy that one for $15 while the official stand is $40.. anyone have the two to compare?

Finessseee,
Top Bottom