Herborizer corner

madhockeydad

Art is beauty
All the interesting compounds in cannabis are released below 400 F which is about 220 C. Can someone help with the conversion?

Now if the surface temp of the mail was 500 C, I can’t imagine trying to vape the herb. I think it would combust. I dont think we are using the Ti at anywhere near 500 C let alone 610 C. My dial is at 6 to 6.5 putting the nail at max of 410 C.

I’m not concerned. I clean my nails occasionally with q-tips first dabbed in iso and then water. I like these things cleaned once every few days.

I’m glad people are digging up this info so we are aware and investigating. Great questions.

vaporoufixtras

sigma vape enjoyer
All the interesting compounds in cannabis are released below 400 F which is about 220 C. Can someone help with the conversion?

Now if the surface temp of the mail was 500 C, I can’t imagine trying to vape the herb. I think it would combust. I dont think we are using the Ti at anywhere near 500 C let alone 610 C. My dial is at 6 to 6.5 putting the nail at max of 410 C.

Looking at the Ti manual again we can see the the temp of the air and the heater for the different settings on the dial. At position 10, the surface temp of the heater reaches 500°C and the air around it 300°C. Which makes sense as air is much less heat conductive than titanium, plus it's constantly replaced with fresh ambient air.

madhockeydad

Art is beauty
Who here vapes with the Herbo set at 10 (500 C)? Anyone?

At 6 to 6.5 the roast is really good. I can't imagine going above because as I said, 300 C (527 F) would release toxic materials from cannabis and it's high enough for it to combust. Cannabis combusts at 458 F. I get it the air is moving fast so yes, the material is not at 300 C but it's still a very hot air temp IMO.

To really know we'd need to get heat sensor installed at the screen to measure the heat through a draw with and without material. There is probably a way to figure out pretty closely what the vaping temp is but it would take a lot of setup.

madhockeydad,
Reactions: passenger

vaporoufixtras

sigma vape enjoyer

At 6 to 6.5 the roast is really good. I can't imagine going above because as I said, 300 C (527 F) would release toxic materials from cannabis and it's high enough for it to combust. Cannabis combusts at 458 F. I get it the air is moving fast so yes, the material is not at 300 C but it's still a very hot air temp IMO.

To really know we'd need to get heat sensor installed at the screen to measure the heat through a draw with and without material. There is probably a way to figure out pretty closely what the vaping temp is but it would take a lot of setup.

I completely agree, I'm just working with the most extreme case to cover all possibilities.

madhockeydad

Art is beauty
I completely agree, I'm just working with the most extreme case to cover all possibilities.

I’m pointing out that the most extreme case is not an actual usable temp. I imagine ALL of us are vaping below that max temp.

I think we have to think about the materiel since we want efficient extraction. Compounds that say boil off at 350 F like THC (I don’t recall the exact temp) it’s not clear if some of that would literally boil off before it could be inhaled at very high temps. That’s what happens with combustion. A large percent goes up in smoke that we can’t absorb.

I assume as The temp increases those compounds that have lower boiling points are being less effectively extracted. That’s why I typically preferred step vaping

Alexis

Analogue Ti will combust at 7.5-8 usually.

Analogue XL, can be set to 10 with no combustion though.

Alexis

Xl is a steinless hester enclosed in glass. I don’t think there is any Ti involved.
I am aware. Was just saying for point and record.

I did not follow the whole discussion. I just saw Herborizer on 10 mentioned.

I assumed it was in reference to the Analog Ti.

I have both, know them well. If the XL had any Ti, then the Ti would need a different name perhaps lol.

Alexis,

madhockeydad

Art is beauty
The discussion was about certain properties of titanium at specific temperatures. The XL doesn't pertain only because of the materials.

madhockeydad,

madhockeydad

Art is beauty
Agreed. I just wanted to make sure everyone understood why it wasnt related to the safety question that was being discussed. I welcome the comment - sorry if it created the wrong impression.

Alexis

I think Herbo will be my next vape, I have only 1 desktop with plenty of portables, can somebody show me a powerful cloud at 6 on the dial? Ti..
I don't have a 6. But here is 6.5 from our master in-house vaper lazylathe.

He used to be an excellent friend of mine too, for years here and else.

Unfortunately and tragically though he was compelled to disown me, after we went our staunchly opposite directions politically regarding...IT!

It was his decision, and free choice. But I was a bit upset though, disappointed.

But I understand. People are under buckling strain and pressure, and devious coercement. They don't know it in too many cases but their thoughts and minds are really not their own.

I hope he can open his heart to me again one day. I've closed nothingnor changed a feeling myself there anyway.

So 6.5 it is. :) I bet 0.1 covering screen on regular bowl, one good draw too.

vaporoufixtras

sigma vape enjoyer
My Herborizer Ti finally arrived! I got to dialing it in right away, though I'm having a little trouble figuring it out. I'll list how I set up everything and hopefully you guys can give me some feedback.
  • Diffuser placement: After reading the manual and looking at some pictures online, I set the distance between the glass and the end of the diffuser at 5-6mm (first image below). I'm also including a couple of close ups of the diffuser, rod and back of the heater so you can tell me if they look ok. Specifically at the back of the heater I noticed some metal strands, doesn't bother me, just wanting to make sure it's normal (you can see them if you zoom in).
  • Screen placement: The original screens weren't included, instead the seller sent some replacement ones that are a bit larger. You can see how they fit in the images below.
  • Amount of herb used: I'm a relative lightweight, so I used enough to almost cover the screen.
  • Temp & preheating: Started off at 5 on the dial and let the Ti heatsoak for over 10' but got very little vapor (and the herb looked really green still). Tried it at 6 then 7 and got similar results. I don't think it was a power issue as the heater was getting really hot and my watt meter showed that the device was drawing 30W from the wall at 7.
    I then tried heatsoaking the bowl for 10' at 7 as well. That time I got a pretty good hit and the herb went a nice even deep brown.

I get the feeling I'm doing something wrong however. My temps feel too high compared to what I've read on this thread. Same goes for bowl heatsoaking times. Any ideas?

Last edited:
vaporoufixtras,

madhockeydad

Art is beauty
Glass injector is pushed tight to the nail right. That’s important. That is what sets the distance. I’m not aware of needing to do any other adjustment.

That’s very little material. I put in enough to cover the screen up to the bottom of the handle. You don’t need to extract it in one hit. Hit it. Stir and then come back. Stir right after you hit it.

I have mine set at 6 and works great.

Check that all the cords are fully plugged in. There is one to the power brick, one to the controller and one to the nail. Sometimes one if these comes loose and I think there is a power drop then. Haven’t measured it but it feels that way to me. Try those things.

vaporoufixtras

sigma vape enjoyer
Glass injector is pushed tight to the nail right. That’s important. That is what sets the distance. I’m not aware of needing to do any other adjustment.
Yep, pushed all the way in. It gets pushed anyway when I set in on the bowl. I made the adjustments using the little allen wrench.

That’s very little material. I put in enough to cover the screen up to the bottom of the handle. You don’t need to extract it in one hit. Hit it. Stir and then come back. Stir right after you hit it.
I was worried about that, will give it a try with more material.

Check that all the cords are fully plugged in. There is one to the power brick, one to the controller and one to the nail. Sometimes one if these comes loose and I think there is a power drop then. Haven’t measured it but it feels that way to me. Try those things.
I did check the cords, they were all properly inserted.

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll send a mail to Seb as well.

vaporoufixtras,
Reactions: dimmusp

Alexis

My Herborizer Ti finally arrived! I got to dialing it in right away, though I'm having a little trouble figuring it out. I'll list how I set up everything and hopefully you guys can give me some feedback.
  • Diffuser placement: After reading the manual and looking at some pictures online, I set the distance between the glass and the end of the diffuser at 5-6mm (first image below). I'm also including a couple of close ups of the diffuser, rod and back of the heater so you can tell me if they look ok. Specifically at the back of the heater I noticed some metal strands, doesn't bother me, just wanting to make sure it's normal (you can see them if you zoom in).
  • Screen placement: The original screens weren't included, instead the seller sent some replacement ones that are a bit larger. You can see how they fit in the images below.
  • Amount of herb used: I'm a relative lightweight, so I used enough to almost cover the screen.
  • Temp & preheating: Started off at 5 on the dial and let the Ti heatsoak for over 10' but got very little vapor (and the herb looked really green still). Tried it at 6 then 7 and got similar results. I don't think it was a power issue as the heater was getting really hot and my watt meter showed that the device was drawing 30W from the wall at 7.
    I then tried heatsoaking the bowl for 10' as well. That time I got a pretty good hit and the herb went a nice even deep brown.

I get the feeling I'm doing something wrong however. My temps feel too high compared to what I've read on this thread. Same goes for bowl heatsoaking times. Any ideas?
Simply miscalculated expectations and consequently approach that's all.

Higher temp.

Or bigger load.

Too little herb there anyway really IMO. It's not even 0.1.

0.05 can be sprinkled over screen and extracted in one hit, but at much higher relative temperature only.

I personally would not load such a small amount using the analog on 5, especially if it is calibrated slightly lower as we did practically confirm can be the case, so yours could match another's on just iver 4 or 4.5, for all we know, and expect much.

Put more in, a little more, and up the temp to 6.

Or fill a bowl, stay at 5. Just take what you need, leave the bowl for resume.

madhockeydad

Art is beauty
Put more in, a little more, and up the temp to 6.
Totally agree. More material and higher temp.

Did you buy the Herbo used? Just wondering if the nail heater is working to spec? I think try more material and 6 or even 6.5. If that doesn’t work it could be the nail or controller but there hasn’t been many problems reported here.

shopdognyc

Didn't know you had to adjust. I've used mine as is.

6 to 7 sounds about right for most people. Works for me. Maybe try more herb there?

If I can share about my Sticky Brick experience...

The instructions say to use a small layer of herb, enough to cover the screen. My experience following the instructions was really weak vapor. Out of curiosity I loaded more herb, and that was it for me.

If 6 doesn't work, try 7 and so forth. Add more herb and see how it goes.

Let us know!

Alexis

Didn't know you had to adjust. I've used mine as is.

6 to 7 sounds about right for most people. Works for me. Maybe try more herb there?

If I can share about my Sticky Brick experience...

The instructions say to use a small layer of herb, enough to cover the screen. My experience following the instructions was really weak vapor. Out of curiosity I loaded more herb, and that was it for me.

If 6 doesn't work, try 7 and so forth. Add more herb and see how it goes.

Let us know!
It isn't that an self adjustment is required.

This particular point has driven so much needless discussion.

It dates back to the Ti's early days when Seb didn't have every little nail ironed out.

He understood I'm sure what the optimal protrusion distance was. But it was passed on from him, by a forum member and professional reviewer Bleak, after it had reached Seb's attention that some users did not have the injector about 0.5 cm outside the glass.

It was just a basic, which should be in the original instruction booklet.

0.5 is the opimum, ideal. I'm sure an effort is, was made to dispatch each unit set optimally.

But then people dissasemble, clean obviously. It was never spelt out anywhere, the optimal distance. So he put the mere message out.

It's blown far on the winds since. If it looks about right as it should, no action. If 2 mm or 8 mm out, you can adjust it, and remember after disassembling crucially too.

It's only a tweak, for more optimal system arrangement but all the tweaks add up by being a part of the equation.

I used my own Ti last night. 2 bowls about 0.5 grams, vaped so quickly. Sent me into a nice drift, kept me comfortable all evening and night since.

The Ti effects stand out here. Long lasting actual baseline medical relief, superior is the Ti in this exact department IME to standard or most vaporizers.

It's not all recreation and psychonautism you know. Health is wealth, in this sense the Ti is an investment, it makes sense to me to make all the weed you use more medicinally active and penetrating.

madhockeydad

Art is beauty
BTW. To Alexis’s point. I own three Herbo’s and I’ve never adjusted the distance with an Allen wrench. No need. Seat the injector all the way on and mine works great.

When I clean the nail I don’t loosen or change anything. I simply clean the outside.

All 3 work perfectly. I’ve read about the distance thing but honestly since mine works why play around.

vaporoufixtras

sigma vape enjoyer
Reporting back. A little more material at higher temp did the trick. A little over 7 (33W), no bowl preheating, and I got huge clouds. I'm absolutely stoned right now :whoa:
The taste is really amazing. I could get tasty hits from all my other vapes but the hit was always weak. But damn is the Herbo strong. Right, here's a comparison after two hits. Very even extraction, doesn't even look like it needs stirring (though I always stir, back from the days of tap-tap-tap after every hit with the MFLB :lol: ). And there's at least a pretty good hit left in there too. Very impressed.
Herbo-bowl-filled.jpg

Edit: Loaded as little material as I was using before and bumped the temp to 8. Great results.

Has anyone already tried the new micro dosing bowle? It's called "gasket bowl". Sebastien sended me the pictures today and looks interesting. Because of the high price (75€ shipped to Germany) I'm interested to know how it compares to the old micro bowl.
I remember stickstones saying he really liked it over the old one, Iet me see if I can find it.
Found it!

Last edited:
Top Bottom