Herborizer corner

Anuiel

@bkkbob I do! I've mentioned you in my post past friday. :D

I took it with me to a friend saturday and we had an awesome time with the sphere while trying both the regular mouthpiece and the hose. I've discovered that I can definitely still get hits out of the herborizer that are a bit too harsh for me with the sphere, though I think that only happened because I filled some huge bowls since we were using it with the two of us. :ko:

SquirrelMaster

I just ordered a DigiTi 18mm/injector stand/spare glass cover/Sphere from La Centrale Vapeur to be shipped to Canada! There's a 10% off coupon for FC members FC13LCV10 plus they threw in a free glass piece and the price was a little lower than going directly through Herbalizer. Holy hell I'm pumped for this one! The code doesn't work on everything but there's another REGGAEVAP that's also 10% off.

When the DigiTi came back in stock through Herbalizer I was hesitating, wondering if I really needed to spend so much on another device when I'm flush for hard hitting vapes. I've been having these anti-VAS thoughts lately so I come here to re-assure myself :D .

No matter how much I enjoy my other devices though, I kept coming back to the French elegance of the Herbalizer. @stickstones has had me interested since a post he made on IG quite a while ago which is the first time I remember really seeing one in action. Plus that Sphere! There isn't anything truly the same on the market and I don't often want a piece like I've wanted it.

$765 CDN so far and hopefully I don't get killed on extra fees. The Sphere is $150 CDN of that plus shipping and $600 is comparable to my VROD so I feel like the cost is comparable for Canadians minus that I didn't go the enail route. That's my mind's way of justifying why I just spent a mortgage payment on another vape :lol:.

SquirrelMaster

@SquirrelMaster You are going to love it!
The funny thing is that I ordered hoping it would make its way to me in the next couple weeks before I headed out of town for work for 2-3 weeks. The day after I placed the order the plan changed to me leaving Monday so my package is just sitting at my house (my wife received it), waiting patiently for me to return. I'm not vaping much this week so I expect to get obliterated when I set it up. I'm so psyched!

La Centrale Vapeur shipped my order June 17 (Thursday) and it made it across Canada by the 23rd (Monday) so I am VERY impressed with the shipping speed and their service so far.

Shadooz

so my package is just sitting at my house (my wife received it), waiting patiently for me to return. I'm not vaping much this week so I expect to get obliterated when I set it up. I'm so psyched!
Don't forget the "culottage" (french culinary word, to prepared a pan, or a tabacco pipe..).
Heatsoak the heater at really high temp, for couple of minutes

I headed out of town for work for 2-3 weeks.

Start at a low temp, cut ur bowl in 2 (or 3 max at first), with higher and higher last hit temp. And only go find ur one hit highest temp after tolerency is back.
Even intraday, i never start with a one hit :myday:

Last edited:
Shadooz,

justcametomind

Don't forget the "culottage" (french culinary word, to prepared a pan, or a tabacco pipe..).
Heatsoak the heater at really high temp, for couple of minutes

Start at a low temp, cut ur bowl in 2 (or 3 max at first), with higher and higher last hit temp. And only go find ur one hit highest temp after tolerency is back.
Even intraday, i never start with a one hit :myday:
I wouldn’t risk putting a new digiti “at very high temp” at all, as @Alexis broke his first heater doing so. He didn’t know if his unit was set in Fahrenheit or Celsius, thought it was F when it wasn’t. I have a digiti and I can say it doesn’t need a long heat soak (if any). No need for heat soak is basically one of the few advantages over the analog.
IIRC the digiti isn’t F or C (most probably not Celsius), it’s just a number. I put mine at the 666 range for a fast extraction.

Last edited:

Shadooz

I wouldn’t risk putting a new digiti “at very high temp” at all, as @Alexis broke his first heater doing so. He didn’t know if his unit was set in Fahrenheit or Celsius, thought it was F when it wasn’t. I have a digiti and I can say it doesn’t need a long heat soak (if any). No need for heat soak is basically one of the few advantages over the analog.
IIRC the digiti isn’t F or C (most probably not Celsius), it’s just a number. I put mine at the 666 range for a fast extraction.
U have to do it for the titanium oxyde...
Protective layer and burn residue.

It's written in the notice, 15-20 min... at 8 for an analog... which correspond to 824F...

Heater of analog and digiti are the same. Both titanium part will need that first high heatsoak, as a short heatsoak too before each reheat...

Shadooz,

Alexis

Hi there and hope things are going well for you. And nice to be remembered too, I have drifted fairly off map for multiple reasons.

I have been using my DigiTi a lot recently, but it really isn’t allergy friendly enough for me so I think I will sell it as soon as I can energise myself enough for non essential activities, currently undertaking multiple intensive and effective healing regimens.

It’s paying off but seriously hard going. No easier in this insane utopian world after a phenomenal and I mean phenomenal quantity of awareness raising wotsit so far this year.

So just to clarify this- my own case, it wasn’t a case of being unsure if my DigiTi was set in C or F. I knew it as C. It was sent to me already set on Seb’s recommended 350 C and he made that totally clear to me.

The breakage occurred after I first ever tried Rosin on the Enail setup.

I foolishly tried to burn off the residue with a higher temp.

I had been vaping the Rosin at 500 Celsius. I upped it to 800 C. Returning to the room, the temp readings were all over the place.

Returned, repaired, and with an alarm signal Seb didn’t install initially at 600 Celsius, the Unit’s maximum.

Not sure what the Fahrenheit equivalent is but I would assume every DigiTi now is automatically alarmed at 600 Celsius/F equivalent so it’s better protected.

Just never go above, or even too near 600 Celsius.

And rightly so as you say @justcametomind the vaping temp or heat level passing through the bowl, or the heat level of the extraction is not the Digital readout, as with the Flowerpot.

The analogue, each dial setting corresponds to a specific vaping/extraction temperature as with the XL.

So I think setting 5 may be about 190, but there is a chart outlining it somewhere.

Shadooz

I had been vaping the Rosin at 500 Celsius. I upped it to 800 C
Rosin vape at lower temp !...

800C... thought seb would have been smarter and put a limit more than an alarm on it's digiti...

Titanium become toxic above 700C..

The first high burn off still have to be made,
not 800C...
but 800F... for 20min, but for high temp user it will be kind of done again every time..
it's needed for the anticorrosive layer to build. The purple color, or silver now for mine, as i'v let it once at 10 (500C/939F) for more than 30min

the vaping temp or heat level passing through the bowl, or the heat level of the extraction is not the Digital readout, as with the Flowerpot.
It is, it's the PID definition. Even a flowerpot doesn't give bowl temp, just an approximation of the coil...
Digiti may have been unwell calibrated if it is not.

Last edited:

Alexis

Rosin vape at lower temp !...

800C... thought seb would have been smarter and put a limit more than an alarm on it's digiti...

Titanium become toxic above 700C..

not 800C...
but 800F... for 20min, but for high temp user it will kind of done again every time..
it's needed for the anticorrosive layer to build. The purple color, or silver now for mine, as i'v let it once at 10 (500C/939F) for more than 30min

It is, it's the PID definition. Even a flowerpot doesn't give bowl temp, an approximation of the coil...
Digiti may have been unwell calibrated if it is not.
Yes just too high. It was the very first unit sent out ever tbf. Seb never mentioned a maximum temp tolerance. No great harm was done, and as result all future units will automatically have the safety alarm installed.

Your second point, we’re just saying that the extraction of the cannabinoids is not occurring at the PID level readout.

Otherwise it’s combustion for sure.

It was the Vapecritic whose unit arrived set on Fahrenheit no word on it though, so when he initially set it above 600 I urged caution unless it was in Celsius.

That would likely be where @justcametomind slightly mis-recalled the scenario.

Shadooz

Your second point, we’re just saying that the extraction of the cannabinoids is not occurring at the PID level readout
As everyone scale between 600/700F, people may understand it's not the herb temp. When troy use it at 825F in his video...

It's because of ur words placement in your sentence..

he vaping temp or heat level passing through the bowl, or the heat level of the extraction is not the Digital readout, as with the Flowerpot.

"As with the flowerpot", means unlike the herborizer here.
And As they are alike, i had to rectified.

But as it's just an approximation, and it makes those sentences

I have a digiti and I can say it doesn’t need a long heat soak (if any). No need for heat soak is basically one of the few advantages over the analog.
Wrong.

Even when the dial is up to your temp, it's better to wait 1min at least for heatsoak stabilisation (glass injector). From cold or back to back.

Digiti asks the same heatsoak as the analog one. In terms of calories.
Maybe just a bit shorter in time, if the digiti output psu is above analog one (12V X 3.8A = 45.6VA). As i don't own one, i don't know its output power.

Last edited:
Shadooz,

Shadooz

not 800C...
but 800F... for 20min, but for high temp user it will be kind of done again every time..
after that C/F warnings, don't forget the "bluing"

A picture of my silver color titanium with the blue extremity, lovely

20210625-151738.jpg

Shadooz,

Alexis

"As with the flowerpot", means unlike the herborizer here.
And As they are alike, i had to rectified.
Well, I must disagree with respect. I have a reasonably good, nowhere near perfect, grasp of the English language.

To me, “as with” is equivocal, or short for “as is the case with” effectively.

It would be something like, “unlike with the Flowerpot” or way of phrasing it in an alternative way conveying the same meaning.

I do know my English quite well though enough to feel very confident about exactly what I say above.

Shadooz

To me, “as with” is equivocal, or short for “as is the case with” effectively.
"To me, "as with" is non* equivocal, or short for..."

Or "To me, "as with" is equivocal, and here i mean short for..."

english lesson i'v to make...

But as we argue on that, it makes clear it's equivocal

"as with" go with your last sentences,

"the vaping temp or heat level passing through the bowl, or the heat level of the extraction is not the Digital readout..

[As (it is) with] the flowerpot"

Which Means the flowerpot digital readout give the vaping temp or the heat level... which is wrong :bang:

"As With" is not "like", preceded by a negative verb

English is not my first, but french literature is not that far...

Last edited:
Shadooz,

Alexis

"To me, "as with" is non* equivocal, or short for..."

Or "To me, "as with" is equivocal, and here i means short for..."

english lesson i'v to make...

But as we argue on that, it makes clear it's equivocal

"as with" go with your last sentences,

"the vaping temp or heat level passing through the bowl, or the heat level of the extraction is not the Digital readout..

[As (it is) with] the flowerpot"

Which Means the flowerpot digital readout give the vaping temp or the heat level... which is wrong :bang:

"As With" is not "like", preceded by a negative verb

English is not my first, but french literature is not that far...
Okay, I take your points. So I never bashed it out in my head for more than a mere moment, but how about?

“As is also the case with the Flowerpot.”

That is what I mean and just put more simply as “as with”, but I can appreciate how this could be interpreted differently, even argued and I’m not outright rejecting those grounds.

But no need please may I say for the sad face Smiley (lol, contradiction).

Nor even more so, IMO, the Angry face smiley to Justcametomind above.

That just seemed a bit unnecessary and unusual to me. He was perfectly polite, simply speaking his mind and understanding.

We are not foes at all here, is my point. We can remain civil, and friendly, even when we disagree.

I mean, ultimately it’s a case of the interpretation of language essentially. We each can have our own unique ways of expressing ourselves and are all prone to incorrectness too.

So let’s cut each other some slack right?

Shadooz

But no need please may I say for the sad face Smiley (lol, contradiction).

Nor even more so, IMO, the Angry face smiley to Justcametomind above.

That just seemed a bit unnecessary and unusual to me. He was perfectly polite, simply speaking his mind and understanding
The smiley are just simple raw reaction, they bring no malus. It won't gonna put down your score :lol:

Just Smiley of disagreement, which was the case...

Shadooz,
Reactions: Alexis

Alexis

The smiley are just simple raw reaction, they bring no malus. It won't gonna put down your score :lol:

Just Smiley of disagreement, which was the case...
Thanks, warmly appreciated. And nothing to do with scores, popularity is illusory if you “play” for it.

I just value and try to practice good will and sentiment when intent is positive or innocent.

We can amicably disagree, in peace, or agree, either way. We are no foes.

Alexis,
Reactions: Shadooz

SquirrelMaster

First thing I did was read the manual when it arrived. Thought this should be pointed out given the recent discussions.

I am 3 bowls in and I am thoroughly impressed with the signature, power and smoothness this device delivers. The glass parts are on the thinner side, I hope they're annealed for strength but definitely good smooth joints. Very classy feeling device. Did I mention flavour? It has incredible flavour.

When I first ran it I had it going for a good 10 minutes at 350°C (200°C herb) then another 5 minutes at 475°C (280°C) to burn off as I was getting some nasty fumes coming off. Seemed good after that. Is it normal that the wires can be seen from the top down into the hole as well?

I regret not getting the Sherlock instead of just the stand for holding the bowl when I'm not using it. The stand is nice, don't get me wrong but for not much more the Sherlock would be a good pick. I'm pretty sure I can buy just the glass sherlock at least. The metal base is nice and heavy, very sturdy feeling and doesn't get hot like the glass on top of it does.

I would say the Herborizer benefits from a heat soak like all my other desktops HOWEVER it IS ready to go when it reaches temp. The hits won't be quite as full but it does the trick. I prefer a dial for temperature like my Auber but I like that I can keep the main switch on and have a smart plug trigger the device on. That's a huge plus imo.

Hitting the Sphere and watching my material is very satisfying as well.

Last edited:

Shadooz

First thing I did was read the manual when it arrived. Thought this should be pointed out given the recent discussions
Yes 500C seems a good security margin, no one will have to use it higher, even Troy and his 450C/850F use temp.

But canada isn't us plug and Fahrenheit ?

then another 5 minutes at 475°C (280°C) to burn off
The "bluing" is good to be made and remade after each long storage.

5 minutes is a bit short, 20 min would have been better, with just a tissue wipe after.

To Keep his tool clean and protect, like a well-seasoned pan

Is it normal that the wires can be seen from the top down into the hole as well?
Yes, a design choice, not the best, but must be to avoid overheating that part

I would say the Herborizer benefits from a heat soak like all my other desktops HOWEVER it IS ready to go when it reaches temp.
Yes, After the Titanium, there is just the glass injector, which get warm pretty fast too. No others passive parts

SquirrelMaster

But canada isn't us plug and Fahrenheit ?
Typical receptacles in the U.S.A. and Canada accept a NEMA 5-15P cord end (the smiley face looking one). Canada officially uses the metric system but some (myself included) go back and forth depending on the scenario.

The "bluing" is good to be made and remade after each long storage.
You lost me at this part. Oxidization doesn't fade (unless cleaned) so why would that layer need to be re-made?

5 minutes is a bit short, 20 min would have been better, with just a tissue wipe after.

To Keep his tool clean and protect, like a well-seasoned pan
The smokey fumes were nearly gone by the time I bumped from 350°C to 475°C but I went high just for piece of mind. I'm not sure what it was, maybe machining oils or something? It freaked me out a bit at first because of how strong the smell was along with the visible wisps if smoke. In fairness I didn't wipe the heater down at all, I ISO'd and rinsed the other parts but they seemed pretty clean.

Yes, a design choice, not the best, but must be to avoid overheating that part.
A built-in safety to not allow temps in access of 500°C would be a good idea to avoid possible warranty issues at the very least I would think but I'm ok with how its set up. 350°C is a good temp for me so far so I doubt I'll get anywhere near 500°C.

Shadooz

Oxidization doesn't fade
Oxidation does fade over years. It's not infinitly anticorrosive.
But i'm talking about years, if u want to use it in 10 years.
But yes, titanium oxide is one that fade the less, at our desired temperature, why it's chosen.

The best is the bluing, the less it will fade.
Does yours became purple ? If not, do it again

And if u let it wait, couple of weeks, it will get homedust.
It's the way to keep every stored vaporizer. Long high burn off before reusing them.
Just heavy titanium need more than just the average burn off of small battery device.

A built-in safety to not allow temps in access of 500°C would be a good idea to avoid possible warranty issues at the very least I would think but I'm ok with how its set up. 350°C is a good temp for me so far so I doubt I'll get anywhere near 500°C.
I would have put a limit more than just an alarm...

350C is the average. Maybe a bit low for true one hit. But it will give a well roast abv on the second hit (or more if u load 0.2)

Last edited:
Shadooz,

Alexis

Yes 500C seems a good security margin, no one will have to use it higher, even Troy and his 450C/850F use temp.
Yes Seb obviously decided to play extra safe. Quite a drop too, 100 Celsius from mine still alarmed at 600.

Maybe he just decided 500 is the maximum the unit simply ever needs to run at so no point putting a degree of extra stress on it.

I was initially experimenting with the totally flawed design of a Glass concentrate bowl, hence needing 500 Celsius, and it still didn’t work.

Direct onto the Ti grooves, lower temp indeed does the job.

I expect 600 would not break a unit, but who can be sure.

Seb never has emailed me to say….Alexis, 600 is too high, buyer beware.

And I support that, 350 C is below what the big one hit extractions would require. More like 365 I bet.

Last edited:
Alexis,
Reactions: Shadooz
Top Bottom