Herborizer corner

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Great to see all this Herborizer chatter! What's up, gang?

I can't make any sense of the numbers on my Ti, so I call it the Sebastian (S) Scale. At the end of the day, think of it as an analog dial, but with about 1000 numbers on it instead of ten. Unless you have some specific temp needs, I suggest going by feel no matter which version you get. It shows up set to 700S, I believe, and that's a good starting point. I turned mine down from there, and Troy turned his up.

I think I posted this here before, but ime, the Ti heats up quicker, changes temperature quicker, and seems to stabilize a little better than the analog version. I prefer the cord length and footprint of the analog controller, but I still use the Ti instead on a daily basis.

Oh, and for you new users, don't forget to enjoy the color change on your Herborizer for the first few weeks! It's gorgeous, especially when it's purple.

Vape on, guys!

Shadooz

the Ti heats up quicker, changes temperature quicker, and seems to stabilize a little better than the analog version.
The digiTI heats........ than the TI (analog) version....

It's not really quicker as u can push the analog to 10, what i do and get 3"30 for low temp and 5" for high. which will be the same cause the digiTI numbers won't show the whole heater heatsoak.
Just the titanium temp, which must have been calibrated to give the true temp even if u think it doesn't..

But for stabilisation and convenience it's above for sure.
Above of 200€ :evil:

Last edited:

jindo

i screw the heater further to the airholes, so they r nearly closed... any reason not to do that!?
with that i get nice thick clouds
but dont close the holes too much, the weed will start to swirl around and touch the heater

Shadooz

i screw the heater further to the airholes, so they r nearly closed... any reason not to do that!?
with that i get nice thick clouds
but dont close the holes too much, the weed will start to swirl around and touch the heater
U mean the opposite of what some people have done here ?

Putting the titanium upper will reduce radiation over pure convection, it's a way to pack bigger bowl.
radiation have lower penetration than convection. The toasting effect of (quite?) All the box...

But u will have to put the temp a little higher for the same result.

So it can be usefull for big load but useless to microdose :2c:

Shadooz,

jindo

i dont have to put the temp higher
its getting a pressure in the bowl and heats it quicker,
like a cooking pot with lid on, or like closing the banger when dabbing...
perfect for microdosing

Last edited:
jindo,

trontreez

Woah! Things have changed here!

Still got the old xl sphere model around somewhere.

Remember loading up the chamber so huge and getting properly cooked off herb almost a vapor od lol Never got so high as I did off my xl ...

trontreez,

Anuiel

So I've had the Herborizer for a while now and I've realised that I just don't grab it very often because it's so very heavy on my throat. A few days ago I've used it with my bigger bong and that seemed to help a bit, but by the end of the bowl it still felt pretty bad.

I'm mostly curious if this has been bothering anyone else, and if so how you're dealing with it? I've got the analog Ti and I pretty much keep it at stance 5 to 5.5.

bkkbob

Obsessive Collector
So I've had the Herborizer for a while now and I've realised that I just don't grab it very often because it's so very heavy on my throat. A few days ago I've used it with my bigger bong and that seemed to help a bit, but by the end of the bowl it still felt pretty bad.

I'm mostly curious if this has been bothering anyone else, and if so how you're dealing with it? I've got the analog Ti and I pretty much keep it at stance 5 to 5.5.
Well I got the sphere and it has a huge amount of airflow and cooling going on. Temp wise the TI is reading 350 which means my flower is being heated at about 200 c and both my girlfriend and I aren't coughing at all. We have the VROD and DC Elev8R that are very similar and if we were milking them this much, we would be in bad shape. I have the sphere almost half full. Try it with your new bong. Or see if you can get a sphere around the same dimensions as there's to try. I got it because I saw tons of people on Vaporents just pulling huge clouds with no pain, and its working for us so far! Good luck, let us know how it goes!

Anuiel

Thank you @bkkbob !

I must admit I was tempted to pick up the sphere as well when I bought the Herborizer in the beginning of the year because it looks so awesome, but I was trying to save some money so I ultimately decided not to.

Sadly I don't know anyone with a spherical piece like that, so I think I'll just have to hope it works for me and buy the Herborizer one. I'll be sure to post an update here when I do have it. :D

Anuiel,

bkkbob

Obsessive Collector
It's really a fantastic piece of glass, I'm really enjoying it alot. You won't be disappointed. :)

Find out what 200 C is on the analog controller to, someone here must know?

bkkbob,

Anuiel

Hahah that's good to hear man. I've ordered it now, can't wait!

The Ti user guide says 5 is 190C and 6 is 220C, so I'll just try it again on 5 when the sphere arrives. :D

Anuiel,

3migo

Is this a...what day is this?
Sphere has been tempting me a lot recently as well! So far been able to hold back...

3migo,
Reactions: Anuiel

Shadooz

I've realised that I just don't grab it very often because it's so very heavy on my throat
If u do a too strong inhale with wide airflow, u will create pressure point on your throat. Like a dropdown angle...
I'm sensitive back (no smoke since 7 years), but even my tiny bubbler is enough if i put my tongue up, to put pressure where saliva build up...

U must fullfill your lungs not your throat, u may just keep puffing(?crapoter) it too much...
i only feel the sourness in my lungs now, and it has been deeper and deeper with years. The way to maximize assimilation and bronchodilatation.

Anuiel

If u do a too strong inhale with wide airflow, u will create pressure point on your throat. Like a dropdown angle...
I'm sensitive back (no smoke since 7 years), but even my tiny bubbler is enough if i put my tongue up, to put pressure where saliva build up...

U must fullfill your lungs not your throat, u may just keep puffing(?crapoter) it too much...
i only feel the sourness in my lungs now, and it has been deeper and deeper with years. The way to maximize assimilation and bronchodilatation.
Hmmm you could be onto something there, perhaps my water pieces have way too much airflow.

I definitely inhale directly to my lungs though, I've been vaping (and before that smoking) for a long time now. When the Sphere arrives I'll be sure to experiment with my drawing speed, thanks for the advice!

Last edited:
Anuiel,
Reactions: Suki

Suki

Hey guys, just got the analog ti and I'm having a blast, I'm currently using the mega globe but I'm planning on getting the sphere eventually.
I only tried hash at the moment with it but I agree with @Shadooz on the drawing speed, since the bowl is so huge and airflow is unrestricted you have to find the right airflow depending on your material, the amount of it, your glass rig and the temp you're using

bkkbob

Obsessive Collector
Yeah, I'm doing slow long draws with the sphere and I'm loading fairly big bowls 3-4 scoops with the NewVape PAX scoop if you're familiar with it, but the 2 of us can milk the thing all night and it is potent as can be, I really like the Sphere a lot. I tried the mega globe the other day and it was much harsher, the Sphere will bring it up to a whole new level. But even the mega glob was good compared to many vapes.

So what are the advantages of upgrading to the Digital if I have the analog already? Also is the XL better than the original?

Cannabis Connoisseur,
XL is the old original...

TI is above it, then between analog and digital, it's manual or automatic drive difference, mostly 200€ more for convenience

As said in so many post already
Thanks this thread goes back to 2008 wasn't trying to go back that far. Thanks

Cannabis Connoisseur,

Anuiel

Ohh yes I am completely amazed by the sphere, it looks so elegant and I like the hose with the glass tube.

One very amazing surprise was that the sphere doesn't suffer from something that was bothering me while using my TAG bong/bubbler. At the end of the hit if I would stop drawing air from it then there would be some sort of pushback that could potentially send my weed flying straight into the herborizer (which would then stink up the place). I was happy to discover that the rate at which you end your draw does not matter with the Sphere whatsoever.

The first time I filled it I went through my weed in like 4 hits with the first two being really strong, I was so damn baked.
Second time I tried the hose and I had it on 5 (190C I believe) for the entire session, vaping it like I would my Hybrid. That worked pretty awesomely (I am very baked yet again) and I'll definitely have fun experimenting with this and the regular mouthpiece.

The pretty big ball filling up with vapour looks so awesome, and it definitely seems very effective at cooling it. I had to cough fairly badly from the first very strong hit (which I knew was pushing it haha), but nothing lasting like the harsh feeling throat I'd get for hours after using the herborizer with my bubbler. This sphere seems to be exactly what the vape itself needed for me, as I was in love with the effectiveness of its convection power but not with the sore throat aspect. Thanks for recommending it @bkkbob !

It feels like what I'm doing is how scientists would get high :D

Vapordeflor

Hey Anuiel! Very nice add for your Herbo! Love the sphere and hope to grab one soon too :love:
I would stop drawing air from it then there would be some sort of pushback that could potentially send my weed flying straight into the herborizer
Regarding you comment above, in my opinion the best way to use the Herbo is lifting the heater while you are finishing your hit. This way is not possible to achieve the situation that you comment. Also this will keep your inyector (glass joint piece covering the heater) cleaner for a long time. You can leave the bowl in the piece while clearing the sphere no problem on that.

Enjoy! :)

Anuiel

Ah thanks @Mejor.Vapor ! Mine's heating up right now and I bet you won't regret it when you do get it :D

I'll keep that in mind, my "incidents" where I'd blow herb in the heater were all when taking very large hits where I got overwhelmed and didn't feel like I'd have time to get the very hot injector away from the waterpiece hahah. It definitely gives me some peace of mind that I can do an immediate stop of my draw at any moment without having to worry about something now.

Top Bottom