• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Herbie V2 by Vape Engineering - 510 dry herb vaporizer

Glorg

Herbie has landed in Canada. First thing I did was inspect the coils and they were touching a bit so I spaced them as VE previously instructed, they do seem really close to the mesh screen the herb is on though not sure if that’s an issue. I have a mirage dna75c mod that I picked up super cheap and a paramour on the way, so far messing with a few settings on the DNA to mixed results. Keep in mind I have no real knowledge of these things but so far using tcr ss316, 40w range and 232c is working pretty solidly, on a previous setting I got one round of combustion but this setting is good so far. 6+bowls in a row has me pretty toasted 👻, flavour is great when it’s working. Also the stock beads are waaay to small, I mixed some 5 and 3s in there instead but we’ll see if I stick with it I find beads clog up too quick, nice feature though. Fun vape so far for sure and I’ll update later after more experimenting.

fangorn

As for tunneling it can be avoided by drawing less hard and tamping the load more lightly.
Hey @KeroZen !

I didn't understand the nuance... Do you recommend packing more, or less to avoid tunneling?

I haven't done many tests yet... 6 or 7 capsules in SS...
Apart from once... I always had mini charred pieces...

I've only used WV so far...started at 32.5W, then 31.5W, then today 30W.
I remember having a session that I was very happy with at 31.5W. I managed to fire 4.5 or 6 rounds, with no trace of charring, with a medium brown avb.

In short, I inhale really very slowly on all my vapes or almost.
I don't think I can shoot much slower...

The duration of the draws should probably have an impact too... I'll explore that too!

Come on... for my science... I'm going to test 2 capsules in the next few minutes...

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Herbie has landed in Canada. First thing I did was inspect the coils and they were touching a bit so I spaced them as VE previously instructed, they do seem really close to the mesh screen the herb is on though not sure if that’s an issue. I have a mirage dna75c mod that I picked up super cheap and a paramour on the way, so far messing with a few settings on the DNA to mixed results. Keep in mind I have no real knowledge of these things but so far using tcr ss316, 40w range and 232c is working pretty solidly, on a previous setting I got one round of combustion but this setting is good so far. 6+bowls in a row has me pretty toasted 👻, flavour is great when it’s working. Also the stock beads are waaay to small, I mixed some 5 and 3s in there instead but we’ll see if I stick with it I find beads clog up too quick, nice feature though. Fun vape so far for sure and I’ll update later after more experimenting.

That’s a great mod, they don’t make anymore. I own one. The TCR that is recommended by the Herbie maker is .00102, which is the value for the mesh coils, which are SS304. The TCR for SS316 is .00088. Someone in this thread said they preferred the lower TCR setting on their DNA mod. You can create custom TCR settings using the DNA software called Escribe, it’s free and there are Mac and Windows versions. You can also download SS304 TCR profiles online. From the computer, the mods connected to via USB, you upload the new profiles to the device. A lot of other non DNA brands have the ability to set the TCR value directly on the device, but most of the ones I own are not accurate at all, or will jump out of temperature control mode when firing. Experimenting is the best way to find the sweet spot.

Spleeeno

Horsin around
I haven't done many tests yet... 6 or 7 capsules in SS...
Apart from once... I always had mini charred pieces...
I sorta have had the same experience.
still doing tests on the dicodes dani sbs, right now I'm down to TCR 105, 45W and 170C - and I also had to enable the expert settings and set heater protection to 2 (which stops the heater for 100ms every 600ms) so stop it from almost-combusting in every goddamn bowl. it's kinda shitty that the timeout of 10s cant be upped either at wattages above 40, but because of that combustion risk its actually kinda helpful.
I might have to play around with boost mode, since the timeout is 20s at wattages below 20, but this will need some more testing. kinda dissapointed of the tc on this so far, or I just havent figured it out...

edit: turns out boost and heater protection are their own modes and only work in wattage, so I'll have to find a different way to tune tc....

Last edited:

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
I didn't understand the nuance... Do you recommend packing more, or less to avoid tunneling?

Tunneling seems to happen when the plant material is packed too densely. But it might also be correlated to the grind size, where a powder-like bits size will likely compact itself more than say hand-tearing the plant bits apart.

In all cases the hot air will follow the path(s) of least resistance. So when everything is blocked because of the packing density, sometimes the air will only find a few small ways through, creating the "tunnel" to get to the other end. In which case mostly everything will stay green excepted the tunnels which will receive most of the energy and will eventually char if they eventually get too much.

A lot of members use a very light pack and some have it super loose and fluffy. I personally like to tamp probably more than most, but the kind of hits I take (short and soft but numerous ones) make me more an anomaly than anything else. When I don't compact the load I find I get too much hot air (suboptimal air/vapor ratio for my personal liking) But if another person were to use my packing technique, but say to take large hits through water filtration, it would surely be a disaster with a big black circle right in the middle or worse.

In conclusion: keep experimenting! There's a lot of parameters to play with, and as long as you don't combust in the process, it's often a pleasant journey! :cool:

fangorn

I didn't do 2, but 3 new attempts... I was already in the cosmos before... I'm going to sleep well!

I set it to 30.5w. I packed, reasonably, but I packed. I filled the capsule about halfway. Between 3 and 5 strokes each time. I inhale for about 15 seconds. I release the switch and press it again immediately afterwards, to counter the automatic shutdown. The last hit tells me when to stop. I'm pretty happy with these tests!
I had tiny very dark or black parts during my last attempt. These particles were stuck to the lid of the capsule.
So I think tamping is important for tunneling.
Ah, and on the last capsule, I didn't get much steam...

I don't have an unregulated vape yet, but in WV, it corresponds to the idea I had of these vapes.

In short, I still have work to do (there's more unpleasant work!) but I'm already happy with my trial and error.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I didn't do 2, but 3 new attempts... I was already in the cosmos before... I'm going to sleep well!

I set it to 30.5w. I packed, reasonably, but I packed. I filled the capsule about halfway. Between 3 and 5 strokes each time. I inhale for about 15 seconds. I release the switch and press it again immediately afterwards, to counter the automatic shutdown. The last hit tells me when to stop. I'm pretty happy with these tests!
I had tiny very dark or black parts during my last attempt. These particles were stuck to the lid of the capsule.
So I think tamping is important for tunneling.
Ah, and on the last capsule, I didn't get much steam...

I don't have an unregulated vape yet, but in WV, it corresponds to the idea I had of these vapes.

In short, I still have work to do (there's more unpleasant work!) but I'm already happy with my trial and error.

Variable WATTAGE is a good fallback. While I am pretty experienced with TC on mods from my ECig days, I have to use VW mode with the 510 Stempod device. Which is basically the same idea as the Herbie V2 and others, coils to heat the air, via convection. So I pulse the device, and monitor my inhale speed. What many fail to understand is TC was designed to work in ECig mods with coils that have a cotton or rayon wick that is WET with ejuice liquid, NOT a bare coil, acting as a HEATER. That’s the first hurdle. Hopefully, next week I’ll have mine, and I’ll report back. Seems the package was sent “registered mail”, so it’s SLOW..... As of this post, DHL, handed it off to the USPS, so ......

ConvectCode1

I agree with the post shove regarding wattage mode on the Stempod Si 2.0 at least. Even with TC coils it seems to work better in wattage mode.
Did everybody who already got their Herbie receive tracking info PAST when their shipment was exported from Germany and handed off to local shipping? Did your tracking info follow the package all the way to your delivery destination? Because I’m like damn. Mine left Germany 13 days ago. Shucks.

Razhumikin

I agree with the post shove regarding wattage mode on the Stempod Si 2.0 at least. Even with TC coils it seems to work better in wattage mode.
Did everybody who already got their Herbie receive tracking info PAST when their shipment was exported from Germany and handed off to local shipping? Did your tracking info follow the package all the way to your delivery destination? Because I’m like damn. Mine left Germany 13 days ago. Shucks.
Nope, im in the same boat as you.

Glorg

So after some more wins followed by fails and experiments I’m now on wattage ( I think it’s just wattage it’s called replay on the mod though) at 32w and it’s working better, big hits and not as much hot spotting so far. I still haven’t downloaded the software but I’ll get on that today and see what I can get working based on the suggestions, thankfully it’s on mac too unlike AF.

In terms of tracking mine never updated the tracking beyond saying it will be handed over to Canadapost when it arrives to Canada, I don’t know why that happened but canadapost never had the item to track yet somehow it still ended up at my post office on Friday.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Mine only finally updated from Frankfurt to the US today. I'm honestly not even eager for it to get here if it's gonna be a hot spot hassle; I'm just spoiled I guess and don't really need a pocket option unless it can hang with the TM and V3 Pro for even abv.

@VGOODIEZ no rush I'm sure you have actual responsibilities but were you ever able to get your Herbie's TC dialed in for even abv sans capsule with the Paramour?

dman28

Vaping for the health of it.
So after some more wins followed by fails and experiments I’m now on wattage ( I think it’s just wattage it’s called replay on the mod though) at 32w and it’s working better, big hits and not as much hot spotting so far. I still haven’t downloaded the software but I’ll get on that today and see what I can get working based on the suggestions, thankfully it’s on mac too unlike AF.

In terms of tracking mine never updated the tracking beyond saying it will be handed over to Canadapost when it arrives to Canada, I don’t know why that happened but canadapost never had the item to track yet somehow it still ended up at my post office on Friday.
Did you buy the bundle^ If so what did it cost you landed?(fellow Canadian). Do you recommend buying the Limited edition? Thx in advance.
Addendum
I tried to order and they are currently out if stock.

Last edited:
dman28,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Mine only finally updated from Frankfurt to the US today. I'm honestly not even eager for it to get here if it's gonna be a hot spot hassle; I'm just spoiled I guess and don't really need a pocket option unless it can hang with the TM and V3 Pro for even abv
Mine has also decided to stay in Frankfurt. I am hopeful that it is not disappointing on my existing mods. I don't really like the look of most SBSs. I keep reminding myself that I got this at the "must try" discount price and just wait patiently to try it myself. It will be nice surprise when it finally lands here in the US.

Glorg

Did you buy the bundle^ If so what did it cost you landed?(fellow Canadian). Do you recommend buying the Limited edition? Thx in advance.
Addendum
I tried to order and they are currently out if stock.
No I bought just the vape and got the paramour mod from everzon they had a new year sale, I think it might still be cheap there but it was cheaper to buy it separate at the time so I’m still waiting on the paramour to arrive, hopefully it makes it first time ordering from them. In the mean time I have a mirage and pico but haven’t tried the pico at all on it.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Mine has also decided to stay in Frankfurt. I am hopeful that it is not disappointing on my existing mods. I don't really like the look of most SBSs. I keep reminding myself that I got this at the "must try" discount price and just wait patiently to try it myself. It will be nice surprise when it finally lands here in the US.
Yeah, mine just said Frankfurt for a good while and finally the Herbie has landed. I have some Rim C mods to try just to see if performance is improved without the Paramour
No I bought just the vape and got the paramour mod from everzon they had a new year sale, I think it might still be cheap there but it was cheaper to buy it separate at the time so I’m still waiting on the paramour to arrive, hopefully it makes it first time ordering from them. In the mean time I have a mirage and pico but haven’t tried the pico at all on it.
I got the Paramour from Everzon too. The tracking didn't show me anything until it arrived in the states from China but it arrived safely eventually

SquirrelMaster

Mine was received by DHL on Jan 5 with no progress since. Previous shipments I've received via DHL were received within a week from Florida to Canada and Finland to Canada but this must be a slower shipping method (hopefully no extra fees). DHL's site is acting funny for me though because entering my postal code gives an error and not more shipping details.

Did you buy the bundle^ If so what did it cost you landed?(fellow Canadian). Do you recommend buying the Limited edition? Thx in advance
If you're interested in the mod I would grab the bundle for ease of ordering. You may get dinged in taxes depending on where you live and how VE declares the package value.

VE was out of stock when I made my original order which meant ordering from Aliexpress (there are a few other sites linked to in this thread). The price was cheaper through Ali ($70 CDN) and surprisingly my Paramour is set to arrive on Wednesday which looks to be faster than the vape itself.

ConvectCode1

Mine only finally updated from Frankfurt to the US today. I'm honestly not even eager for it to get here if it's gonna be a hot spot hassle; I'm just spoiled I guess and don't really need a pocket option unless it can hang with the TM and V3 Pro for even abv.

@VGOODIEZ no rush I'm sure you have actual responsibilities but were you ever able to get your Herbie's TC dialed in for even abv sans capsule with the Paramour?
If I didn’t just have to send my TinyMightS to Finland to repair I wouldn’t care when it gets here either. Mine was handed off to local shipping carriers 9 days ago, so Who knows when it will actually get here. Not exactly thrilled with the posted results of using it so far anyhow. Anvil it is.

Trackrat

I ordered my Paramour thru Health Cabin. The same company I got my Dovpo College from. Mod $52.67. Discount $5.27. Airmail $12.38 = $59.78. I feel it's a fair price. I think it took like 2 1/2 weeks for the Dovpo to get to me from China.

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
Agreed, I already had a few lonely Pico mods sitting around, so the SBS option wasn’t an immediate want/need, waiting to see how the sbs plays out for everyone. Looking forward to getting AF dialed in so I can get to vaping. Mine hit customs in NY today, so it’s crawling towards me. I can honestly say no vape has felt more like a strictly impulse buy than this one, and my enthusiasm level for it’s arrival is lower than any past vape purchase. So looking for some shock and awe since the bar is set so low. Fingers crossed.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
IMO ,wattage mode only works better if the TC isnt tuned right or you got a shitty chip .TUBOx with the custom firmare is miles better and safer than wattage mode. I agree sometimes it is a bit of rocket science to tune things right and values varies on one mod to another in order to achieve same results. One of the reasons it works so good is that the maker of TUBO/TETRA line tests each unit with a thermoprobe and he recommends specific cold resistance ,which varies from one unit to another.
Maybe @Vape Engineering could figure some similar calibration profile ,so the user wont have to fiddle too much with e-cig software and values.
It doesnt seem very accurate to recommend a general cold resistance value that would apply to any Herbie out there,since there is variance between mods and units.
Temperature of the coil via TC is calculated based on the shift in resistance as it heats/cools, i dont see how the coil being wet or dry makes any difference.

Last edited:

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer

never made it out of wattage mode. :D

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I’m now on wattage ( I think it’s just wattage it’s called replay on the mod

The replay feature just replays the settings of your last use, so if you were already on wattage, whatever setting, it will just replay that hit, pretty sure that's the case for DNA

Top Bottom