• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Herbie V2 by Vape Engineering - 510 dry herb vaporizer

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Maybe this one would fit ? :) Dark Wood looks nice .
""The cup is equipped with a self-adjusting floating pin and can accommodate atoms up to 25 mm in diameter although my advice is to consider 24 mm as the maximum limit since any protrusions on the rta could prevent them from screwing correctly.""
We got no protrusions on the Herbie ,so it might fit .
authentic-hippovape-b-adapt-pro-100w-tc-vw-vape-sbs-box-mod-dark-wood-1100w-100315-c-200600-f-1-x-18650-20700-21700.jpg
authentic-hippovape-b-adapt-pro-100w-tc-vw-vape-sbs-box-mod-dark-wood-1100w-100315-c-200600-f-1-x-18650-20700-21700.jpg

Abysmal Vapor

the dani sbs would also fit and probably look sexy af, especially since its partially stainless steel too
006-SBS-orange.jpg

CV2_8320-SBS.jpg
Only 300 euro,lol... No DNA board ? :lol:(That's like the minimum salary where i live)
This is a nice site though they list maximum atomizer size.
Looks like there two more SBS suggestions.
ambition-mods-converter-box-tube-mod.jpg

Last edited:

happynomoretobacco

I abandoned the idea of using my Herbie with my paranormal. I tried many settngs but don't come even close to get ok results.The feedback from @sashka69 was what i was waiting for buying the paramour mod.
I founda pretty good deal on this site. I cost me around 45€ shipped. I hope i'll get it soon ! (i'm alos waiting for the coil that was missing in my Herbie).
Also not happy with result with my old mod. When i do tempmode ss 50 w max
185 c i get always temp protect - and no heat
In Watt mode i get on the lower side little flavour and no visible vapor. On the higher side i combusted- first time since I am vaping. And this was so awful tasting. I can’t imagine i did this for forty years. Also the imidate kick which is nice for sure cant bring me back to smoking.
So the herbie benefits me on remember these things. Hope i will get in love with his "Vaping side" also soon. Will wait on others experience and maybe buy an other mod. Also looking for microdosing experience from others.
So thats where i was brought by my VAS - never wanted a learning curve vape
-never wanted a vape where i have to buy Extras
But hey a little addiction needs everyone

:rockon:

Momor

So thats where i was brought by my VAS - never wanted a learning curve vape
-never wanted a vape where i have to buy Extras
Same here. I wasted a lot of herbs while trying to figure it out. Thankfully I had a bit of quite low quality/cheap cbd flowers, but still.
Early reviews, even before it went for sale, where so positive that I didn't think of the possibility of having so much troubles 😅
I really hope that the paramour will change the game for me (hope it'll arrive soon enough, I just noticed that it's coming from Hong Kong 😕)

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
Same here. I wasted a lot of herbs while trying to figure it out. Thankfully I had a bit of quite low quality/cheap cbd flowers, but still.
Early reviews, even before it went for sale, where so positive that I didn't think of the possibility of having so much troubles 😅
I really hope that the paramour will change the game for me (hope it'll arrive soon enough, I just noticed that it's coming from Hong Kong 😕)

I never got along with DNA chips. I found them awkward to use and not user friendly.

I have had no issues with the paramour. It's straight forward to use and well built.

However it's just the interface. Should not make a lot of difference. Puzzling.

One thing you could try.

Take the screen out of the body section. Put the body back on the base, and look down at the coil. Is it touching any of the sides? If it is adjust.

Also check you are getting good airflow, I usually use the Herbie on two holes. Is the cap unclogged and air going through easily?

ConvectCode1

By far the worst tracking information I have ever received for a shipment. Lol. My Herbie was processed at LAX on 1/3. I live in San Diego. I ordered the day/hour of the drop. Lame. And to order a SBS mod that can hold the atty or a paramour the fastest shipping is 60 business days?! That’s beyond ridiculous too, lol. Guess I should have bought the mod/kit. This 510 herb atty is not off to a great start in my corner. No movement for 7 entire days? Almost not even worth it.

Last edited:
ConvectCode1,
Reactions: BigJr48

sashka69

Back for report.
Ordered a cheap jhook and will try it without balls unti I find some reasonable priced bigger ones.
Until then I made some test regarding better filling of my capsules.

Result: if I pack my capsules a bit more with herbs, the screen keeps cleaner and the tiny balls also. But no over packing because the airflow will decrease. Now I'm able to go through 8 capsules before the airflow noticeably decreases because of the sticky balls.

I made some pictures of the roasted herbs.
This is the result of 3 hits with 180°C, then I turned over the capsule and took a 4th hit at 200°C. This is the maximum I would go.

Abysmal Vapor

@sashka69 That looks like a nasty hot spotting there and charring . Do you get that without the capsule too ?

Abysmal Vapor,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Back for report.
Ordered a cheap jhook and will try it without balls unti I find some reasonable priced bigger ones.
Until then I made some test regarding better filling of my capsules.

Result: if I pack my capsules a bit more with herbs, the screen keeps cleaner and the tiny balls also. But no over packing because the airflow will decrease. Now I'm able to go through 8 capsules before the airflow noticeably decreases because of the sticky balls.

I made some pictures of the roasted herbs.
This is the result of 3 hits with 180°C, then I turned over the capsule and took a 4th hit at 200°C. This is the maximum I would go.

Thanks for sharing these and glad you're getting improved performance. That abv looks uneven to me but I don't use capsules and my Herbie hasn't updated since it hit Frankfurt on the ninth so who knows.

Oh it's tunneling pretty badly still eh? I was only looking at the dumped out pic at first

Last edited:

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
By far the worst tracking information I have ever received for a shipment. Lol. My Herbie was processed at LAX on 1/3. I live in San Diego. I ordered the day/hour of the drop. Lame. And to order a SBS mod that can hold the atty or a paramour the fastest shipping is 60 business days?! That’s beyond ridiculous too, lol. Guess I should have bought the mod/kit. This 510 herb atty is not off to a great start in my corner. No movement for 7 entire days? Almost not even worth it.

Ha, at least yours is in the US, mine is taking a week and a half tour of Germany....

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: Grass Yes

Momor

Take the screen out of the body section. Put the body back on the base, and look down at the coi
I did that. I even disassembled the inside part of the body to be certain of the position of my coil. It doesn't touch anything. I tried to bend my coil a little bit to make it a bit wider (outside part almost touching the walls) or a bit narrower (so the M shape of the coil is more centered) but it seems it doesn't make a difference.
Airflow is great, nothing is clogged. I also used it a few times without the balls to be certain balls/airflow are not the culprit.
I tried a lot of things with no avail (type of grind, type of packing, draw speeds, with/without balls, another mod, wattages...)
Thank you for the suggestions anyway 👍

I was very optimistic with the first post of sashka69 concerning the performances he gets with the paramour but now seeing his last post, I'm not anymore. Man, imo it's a very uneven AVB with a big hot spot in the middle and that's the kind of results I get right now and I'm not happy with that at all.

Momor,
  • Sad
Reactions: bossman

sashka69

Yeah I had better ones already. Here I pushed herbie and me to our limits. I used it native (with balls but without glass mouthpiece to check if it's possible) and hit it very hard because my lips were getting hot :D

The 200°C are responsible for the very dark spots. Tunneling is mostly because of my hard hits. Usually I stay at 180°C and inhale slower with the provided mouthpiece. Then it looks like this.

sashka69,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
But isn't it symptomatic of all on-demand convection vapes when you try to go too big and too fast?

Even RBT vapes do that if you are not careful. It's an intrinsic problem with round stems that center hot-spotting. As for getting a clear uneven imprinted pattern, it's often due to the heater geometry (deflector / shields can help sometimes but here you can alter the geometry at will) Then ultimately when you get a color gradient from top to bottom of bowl, it's just that the material puck it too thick and micro dosing solves that last one.

As for tunneling it can be avoided by drawing less hard and tamping the load more lightly.

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
But isn't it symptomatic of all on-demand convection vapes when you try to go too big and too fast?

Even RBT vapes do that if you are not careful. It's an intrinsic problem with round stems that center hot-spotting. As for getting a clear uneven imprinted pattern, it's often due to the heater geometry (deflector / shields can help sometimes but here you can alter the geometry at will) Then ultimately when you get a color gradient from top to bottom of bowl, it's just that the material puck it too thick and micro dosing solves that last one.

As for tunneling it can be avoided by drawing less hard and tamping the load more lightly.

I find it strange I am getting such good results and others are not.

I don't tamp at all and only fill 3/4 full. Maybe this is the issue.

Abysmal Vapor

I get that with the TM but not with TUBOx :) ! I get perfect bake and light colored abv and the vapor is thick as milk. Maybe someone can try how good is the TUBO software with the Herbie,although i think the key is in the heater concept.

Last edited:

Spleeeno

Horsin around
I get that with the TM but not with TUBOx :) ! I get perfect bake and light colored abv and the vapor is thick as milk.
I had to upgrade my tubo evic to the tetra heater to get rid of it constantly overheating and hotspotting basketloads. it evened out the abv but there's still some hotspotting if you dont stir it. quite frankly I only get completely even abv from my diy glass symphony and imo thats just down to it having a huge cartridge heater (outside of the airpath) and enormous amounts of boro balls and turbulence. I dont really expect to get that level of even abv from the herbie, but I was thinking about using some of the sticky 2mm balls from the mouthpiece to block the central bottom hole in the capsules to see if it creates more of a ring (while obviously making it a pain to empty the capsules since you have to look out for the balls)

Abysmal Vapor

I had to upgrade my tubo evic to the tetra heater to get rid of it constantly overheating and hotspotting basketloads. it evened out the abv but there's still some hotspotting if you dont stir it. quite frankly I only get completely even abv from my diy glass symphony and imo thats just down to it having a huge cartridge heater (outside of the airpath) and enormous amounts of boro balls and turbulence. I dont really expect to get that level of even abv from the herbie, but I was thinking about using some of the sticky 2mm balls from the mouthpiece to block the central bottom hole in the capsules to see if it creates more of a ring (while obviously making it a pain to empty the capsules since you have to look out for the balls)
I also didnt like the performance of TUBOevic and replaced it with TUBOx and 200w mod, then fine tuned the settings and havent seen neither hotspotting nor the overheating issue since then. Maybe the TCR needed some adjusting with your evic.Also those basket produce tunneling effect of their own , joint packs FTW. When i give my best lung draw the values jumped up to 160w for a fraction of a second at 185c and the herb was still golden brown in the end,this proved to me that it is a very precised tool,and the lower mass of the heater contributed to this ability,cause there wasnt huge lag as with bigger coil heaters.
Anyway enough to that topic here.
How did you like you the Tnew mod with the herbie ? Do you get hot spotting ?
How many seconds till button timeout protection hits ? Does TC works as expected ?

Last edited:

Spleeeno

Horsin around
I just barely finished reading the manual and setting up tc mode :D
the one button interface with two buttons takes some getting used to, its not super intuitive from the start...
might do some testbowls later in the day, but again: no super dank stuff here atm, so I will just look out for how even it roasts.

ConvectCode1

Ha, at least yours is in the US, mine is taking a week and a half tour of Germany....
HA! Mine was sitting in export in Germany for a while too. Now I randomly have a package coming from South Dakota. I want it to be the Herbie but know it’s more Anvil stuff from Vestratto. Man those SBS mods are sexy AF. I still want to blow my brains out for having had it not register in my brain to buy the entire Herbie kit. I’ve for plenty of mods I said to myself. And for only another $60 I could have that Paramour SBS sitting at LAX too instead of waiting months for it like I’m sure some of us are. All the Paramour SBS mods are out of China obviously. Damn.

Top Bottom