Herb Grinders

The Shrike

So, nobody's got any recommendations for hash grinders?

Come on guys, we're not all as lucky as you and can get our hands on herb/weed/bud!

If this should be a new topic, just say so.

The Shrike,

stinkmeaner

Some might consider you lucky to be able to get hash, especially if it is good hash.

Have you tried a regular grinder?
Maybe a simple acrylic grinder would work because the teeth are usually diamond shape and the hash might not stick as bad.

stinkmeaner,

2Supra4U

wrap up the hash in foil and lightly use a lighter or put it in the oven for a short time to soften it up then use a grinder to bust it all up or just use your fingers (too much on the finger after)

a coffee grinder should be easily be able to break up chunks of hash

2Supra4U,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
The Shrike said:
So, nobody's got any recommendations for hash grinders?

Come on guys, we're not all as lucky as you and can get our hands on herb/weed/bud!

If this should be a new topic, just say so.

What 2Supra4U said, except I would use something I was sure wouldn't get hot enough to start driving off the goodies. A hair dryer comes to mind...

Everything depends on the type of hash. Afghani won't grind no matter what you do, too soft and sticky. Lebanese is hard but should grind nicely. Moroccan is so hard it might not grind at all without the heat treatment. Himalayan is also hard, as is Turkish. Caveat: all of these descriptions are based on my experiences in the 80s, when hash was plentiful but weed was scarce where I was living. I hope I'm not mixing them up.

Seems to me that if you break it up into small pieces and hit it a couple of times, you should be able to dump it out and finger-crumble just about any type of hash. I wish I had some so I could test this theory.

pakalolo,

2Supra4U

A hair dryer would be perfect

Now, why didn't i think of that??....cough...high....cough, sniffle

I wish I was old enough to have had experienced those times. I hear storys from my buddies' dads, sadly i was just a lil guy

2Supra4U,

Persona Non Grata

turn on, tune in, hulk out
that hash grinder from alt looks pretty nifty, I wonder if it works

currently I grind hash in my coffee grinder. as long as its not super gummy. even if it is

Persona Non Grata,

The Shrike

Thanks for all your replies.

Afghani, Lebanese... those were the days right enough. Nowadays, all I can get is pretty generic in comparison, but vaping gets a lot more out of it, quality-wise.

What I do is put it in the microwave till it can be broken into bits by hand, and then grind it.

I've found acrylic grinders won't do it unless specified for use with hash, otherwise the teeth break up as they're meant for herb, or grass as we call it the U.K.

Weed World acrylic grinders or those made from diamatuff are made for use with hash, and I've used them successfully, but I would like to get a metal grinder.

Unfortunately, none specify use with hash, and I was hoping someone might know of some that do.

The Shrike,

SmokingElectricity

WTMF...

i did an iso wash today on my chromium 5pcs, and i notice this groove, mind you this grinder is only about a month old. i thought this thing was a solid tank made from steel and zinc. looks like its not what it claims. look at the difference in the color of metals. i think i'm just gonna drop the money and get a mendo or a space case titanium... not sure which one though.

img20101109231951.jpg

EDIT: think i over reacted. i cant even feel the groove.

SmokingElectricity,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I bought my aluminum 2 piece space case from one of the recommended sellers, forgot which one, but it was not via Ebay.
I found that it's not necessary to soak the grinder in ISO, regular alcohol does the job and it doesn't even take that long.

jeffp,

chucku

Charles Urbane
SmokingElectricity said:
anybody know if waldo lansky is legit on ebay? he has space cases at really good deals.

Also check out Puff-it-Up. I got a good deal on my 2 piece Space Case, better with their discount code and even better with very fast, free shipping.

chucku,

chucku

Charles Urbane
SmokingElectricity said:
i just emailed the seller i bought the crusher from. maybe i can get some dough back. worth a shot.

For a cosmetic flaw? As long as works as it should there is nothing to complain about. Grinders are to be used, not looked at. If my Space Case products (3 grinders, 1 pollen press) were fugly I would still get them because they work so well.

chucku,

SmokingElectricity

chucku said:
SmokingElectricity said:
anybody know if waldo lansky is legit on ebay? he has space cases at really good deals.

Also check out Puff-it-Up. I got a good deal on my 2 piece Space Case, better with their discount code and even better with very fast, free shipping.

do they offer a warranty with the space case? mendo says a lifetime. and its 40 bucks less.

SmokingElectricity,

SmokingElectricity

chucku said:
SmokingElectricity said:
i just emailed the seller i bought the crusher from. maybe i can get some dough back. worth a shot.

For a cosmetic flaw? As long as works as it should there is nothing to complain about. Grinders are to be used, not looked at. If my Space Case products (3 grinders, 1 pollen press) were fugly I would still get them because they work so well.

idc what a grinder looks like, but is threads of metal are coming off the product not an issue for you? i dont want that in my blend.

SmokingElectricity,

chucku

Charles Urbane
SmokingElectricity said:
chucku said:
SmokingElectricity said:

do they offer a warranty with the space case? mendo says a lifetime. and its 40 bucks less.

Check with them, their phone number is on their site. Space Case stands behind their products via their resellers. AFAIK no one has ever had defective product issues with a Space Case. Did not meet expectations, sure, user error, possible. rough handling and abuse, unlikely. A long as you don't drop it from 30,000 feet, drive over it or lose it, it will not let you down.

chucku,

chucku

Charles Urbane
SmokingElectricity said:
chucku said:
SmokingElectricity said:

idc what a grinder looks like, but is threads of metal are coming off the product not an issue for you? i dont want that in my blend.

If it is external you have nothing to worry about.

chucku,

SmokingElectricity

chucku said:
SmokingElectricity said:
chucku said:

its on the inner ring... you see the red arrow?

SmokingElectricity,

chucku

Charles Urbane
SmokingElectricity said:
chucku said:
SmokingElectricity said:

its on the inner ring... you see the red arrow?

Silly me, the top is removed.

chucku,

SmokingElectricity

so i've done a little more digging and found out that the CC is zinc coated, not an alloy as advertised. who the hell wants to vape zinc shards....

SmokingElectricity,

elmomuzz

That just happened...
Another good review for the medium space case titanuim. My old sweet leaf would quickly get jammed up with "grinder hash" and become impossible to use. I had to constantly clean it. The space case almost seems to self clean with the grinder hash removing itself with use. It also grinds the herb much better although the sweet leaf could desead without harming the seeds. Not a big deal since I quit getting weed with seeds years ago. :)

elmomuzz,

max

Out to lunch
=SmokingElectricity said:
Although it's wise to check feedback for eBay sellers, most are there to make repeated sales, not rip off a buyer or two before they get the boot. eBay protects buyers, especially if you use PayPal, which they now own. All eBay sellers should be considered legit, especially if they're selling there on a regular basis to make money. You're more likely to get the short end of the stick by buying from someone who's just trying to unload an unwanted item or two. At any rate, we're not going to get into Q&A in this thread about who is or isn't a legit eBay seller. It really isn't an issue.

so i've done a little more digging and found out that the CC is zinc coated, not an alloy as advertised. who the hell wants to vape zinc shards....
Zinc coated? Really? Got a link? I can provide a link to the #1 CC seller, where you find two different statements of alloy materials. I can tell you for sure that the CC isn't zinc coated aluminum. First, why coat with zinc? If a grinder has a coating other than paint or powder coating, it's anodized. Second, a coated aluminum grinder isn't going to be noticeably heavier than an uncoated one. And the alloy CC is HEAVY-much heavier than any other grinder I've handled, and that's quite a few.

max,
Top Bottom