Herb Grinders

Carbon

Well-Known Member
tdavie said:
I've read, but am not sure if it is true, that an all titanium construction can allo for easier turning.
I was going to say that I'd never heard of a solid titanium grinder either. It would probably cost at least $300 for something like that, so nobody in their right mind makes one.
 
Carbon,

SmokingElectricity

NY Medical Patient
What i do in order to keep the inside and outside rim clean is about once or twice a week [for me] or when needed, dab a little iso onto a paper towel, napkin or q-tip and just rub it along the rims. then just wipe off the residue. keeps it nice and smooth. it works better the more often you do it .



side note: has anybody ever had broken teeth on their crusher, or heard about broken teeth on one?
 

Mr. Smoke No More

Can't stop the head rush!
lowfront said:
Just posted this in the LB thread and figured since i took the time to put it in here as well

I'll give you my grinder recommendation.

Proctor Silex

http://www.amazon.com/Proctor-Silex-E160B-Coffee-Grinder/dp/B00006IUX5


http://smallcoffeegrinders.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/Proctor-Silex-grinder.jpg


Grinds so freaking well, I bought this one after using a mr coffee one and the new one blew it out of the water.


Also added perk to it is that angle that changes on the top of it. Do you see it there? Its almost like a window?

That collects kief compressed basically. And it collects a LOT. So if you want it all its right there for ya. Or just put it back in the bud. I just put it back cause the LB does wonders with the kief.

And its significantly quieter compared to others.. So it doesn't sound like your turning on a damn vacuum at midnight.
Lowfront, or anybody else that can answer this question...Been looking at getting a coffee grinder to vape bubble. Just wondering if its worth it to order this grinder or if i should just get one at wally mart. I like that u say its quiet, that would be nice. Also just want a nice consistent grind. Thanks guys (and girls)
 
Mr. Smoke No More,

VB-MFLB

Well-Known Member
So, I got my large spacecase 3 pc scout in today. yippy. I will give you some first thoughts and then Ill update later on as I put it thru some tests. the holding container can fit between 1/8-1/4 depending on the size of the bud. It feels quite light when empty, though I will say that it still feels sturdy. The magnet is ok. I am use to the large 4pc space case magnet, which has more strength than the scouts. After playing around with it though, the magnet feels fine. The teeth are sharp and it grinds smoothly. With the grinder being so compact, you have to break some nuggets down a slight bit, but even when packing them in the top still slid down relatively easy and grinding wasn't too bad. Having the holding chamber to hold onto while my other hand gripped the grinders top made grinding easier. I really love the size and diameter as it fits in perfectly to my stash can, which I also use to transport my MFLB, so everything fits in snug and perfect. With the o-ring system they have for sealing the holding chamber, it gives a nice snug close which I like, it feels real good and helps give a seal in which case it wont accidentally open up and spill. It looks pretty cool too, very sharp. Well, Ill check back in and let yal know what I think after it gets some wear to it.
 
VB-MFLB,

SmokingElectricity

NY Medical Patient
Last night i saw a "Titanium Crusher" supposed made by the same people as the Chromium Crusher...

anybody have one or heard anything about this grinder? just curious.
 
SmokingElectricity,

max

Out to lunch
"The Titanium Crusher herb grinder is an exquisite grinder made from the best material combination of aluminum and nickel."
vaporme.com/collections/tobacco-accessories/products/titanium-crusher-herbal-herb-grinder

Just an alloy grinder. Another sales gimmick and an expensive one at that- $45-50, including 'Buy it now' auctions on eBay. It's probably worth $20, which is what some are going for on eBay, if you take the time to get a good price. I'd be interested to see how that black finish holds up.
 
max,

Pappy

shmaporist
Mr. Smoke No More said:
lowfront said:
Just posted this in the LB thread and figured since i took the time to put it in here as well

I'll give you my grinder recommendation.

Proctor Silex

http://www.amazon.com/Proctor-Silex-E160B-Coffee-Grinder/dp/B00006IUX5


http://smallcoffeegrinders.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/Proctor-Silex-grinder.jpg


Grinds so freaking well, I bought this one after using a mr coffee one and the new one blew it out of the water.


Also added perk to it is that angle that changes on the top of it. Do you see it there? Its almost like a window?

That collects kief compressed basically. And it collects a LOT. So if you want it all its right there for ya. Or just put it back in the bud. I just put it back cause the LB does wonders with the kief.

And its significantly quieter compared to others.. So it doesn't sound like your turning on a damn vacuum at midnight.
Lowfront, or anybody else that can answer this question...Been looking at getting a coffee grinder to vape bubble. Just wondering if its worth it to order this grinder or if i should just get one at wally mart. I like that u say its quiet, that would be nice. Also just want a nice consistent grind. Thanks guys (and girls)
I swear by the PS grinder.
 
Pappy,

SmokingElectricity

NY Medical Patient
max said:
"The Titanium Crusher herb grinder is an exquisite grinder made from the best material combination of aluminum and nickel."
vaporme.com/collections/tobacco-accessories/products/titanium-crusher-herbal-herb-grinder

Just an alloy grinder. Another sales gimmick and an expensive one at that- $45-50, including 'Buy it now' auctions on eBay. It's probably worth $20, which is what some are going for on eBay, if you take the time to get a good price. I'd be interested to see how that black finish holds up.

i tried to find more info on it, but not much luck, nickel and aluminum... sounds sketchy. in order for the nickel to bond to alumium, zinc would need to added as well.
 
SmokingElectricity,

PinkFloyd

Well-Known Member
Here is the best, easiest, and most affordable grinder I have ever found:



I use it every day with my Vapir 1. You can set it to coarse, medium, or fine. I use the fine setting which seems to work best.

I toss the entire buds into the grinder and they are ready to vape in 60 seconds. No more hassles or wrist aches from using manual grinders, and it's only $14.95 at WalMart.

:2c:
 
PinkFloyd,

gim

Well-Known Member
max said:
"The Titanium Crusher herb grinder is an exquisite grinder made from the best material combination of aluminum and nickel."
vaporme.com/collections/tobacco-accessories/products/titanium-crusher-herbal-herb-grinder

Just an alloy grinder. Another sales gimmick and an expensive one at that- $45-50, including 'Buy it now' auctions on eBay. It's probably worth $20, which is what some are going for on eBay, if you take the time to get a good price. I'd be interested to see how that black finish holds up.

The Titanium Crusher is indeed made by the same people who made the Chromium Crusher. I picked one up at a head shop almost a year ago for $20. It has been the best grinder I've ever used(so far).

The entire thing is machined and I have not seen any evidence of wear. All the teeth are machined from a single piece of metal and the tolerances are very tight. It has all the functionality of the higher end grinders as well. The 4-piece I've got has a plastic ring to reduce friction and the top is magnetic. The keif screen is high quality. As with any grinder, I recommend doing an ISO wash+toothbrush on it after purchase. I did get some machining oils out. Some places say it is made from Nickel and Steel, others Nickel and Aluminum, and a few say Titanium Zinc. Either way, this thing is quite heavy and feels very solid in your hand.

For what I consider to be a generic grinder, it has gotten excellent 'review' from company that has come over and checked it out.

I do plan on getting a coffee grinder, but have been more than happy with my Titanium Crusher.
 
gim,

max

Out to lunch
The Titanium Crusher is indeed made by the same people who made the Chromium Crusher. I picked one up at a head shop almost a year ago for $20. It has been the best grinder I've ever used(so far).
Since it's the heavy nickel/steel (or whatever) alloy used in the original CC, that makes sense. A $20 price (including shipping) makes sense too. But this 4 pc., 2.5" model has sucked in some eBay buyers and sold for anywhere from $40 up. Several have paid over $90, and that's just nuts.

All the teeth are machined from a single piece of metal
That may be so, but I've seen no ad copy saying that-same for the alloy CC. Any decent grinder these days should be 100% CNC made though.

For what I consider to be a generic grinder, it has gotten excellent 'review' from company that has come over and checked it out.
The line between brand name and generic is a little blurred when it comes to grinders. If I wanted to contract with a company to produce grinders to my specs, and put a name on it, would it be a brand name or a generic? :shrug:

I do plan on getting a coffee grinder, but have been more than happy with my Titanium Crusher.
I think it depends on what vape you're grinding for as far as whether you need a 4 pc., 2pc. or an electric, for a really fine grind. Most vapes do fine with the grind you get from a 4 pc. Smaller bowls, like you have with a log vape, do better with a finer, 2 pc. grind, and a coffee grinder is great for the Magic Flight box.
 
max,

SmokingElectricity

NY Medical Patient
i'm confused...

is the titanium crusher...

titanium coated aluminum like the space case?
titanium/aluminum alloy?
aluminum/ nickel alloy?
is there any titanium in it at all?

think i'm gonna pass on it for the moment.
 
SmokingElectricity,

2Supra4U

Well-Known Member
One seller on ebay which I've purchased from afew times is:

kellysgreatproducts

Has really good prices, many different sizes and styles. And for the pollen grinders, has a few different hole sizes for the size of ground material that falls onto the screen.

I just actually bought a new grinder last night from her. It is a 2.5inch, 4 piece pollen collector grinder, which you can remove the screen portion and use it like a normal 2 piece grinder (i guess most of this type do this now). I got it for $17 US, including shipping to Canada. I think she is in Nevada. Not bad at all. Plus liek I said you can choose your hole size on the bottom grinder section for the size of plant matter that falls through.

I decided since that I'm trying to make the switch completely over to vaping, that I would get one of these grinder to start collecting trichomes to either vape or use for whatever I may decide to make or try. I have always used a 2 piece grinder (cnc'd metal), always with the diamond shaped teeth (not the diamond pyramid type which are shit). But always knew I was using all those broken free trichomes I would see in my grinds, when I could of not and would have still gotten the same effect from that bowl load or joint, as most is lost due to flame.

Anyways anyone looking for a good quality cnc'd grinder check her out on ebay. Might find the deal your looking for :2c:
 
2Supra4U,

stinkmeaner

Well-Known Member
SmokingElectricity said:
i'm confused...

is the titanium crusher...

titanium coated aluminum like the space case?
titanium/aluminum alloy?
aluminum/ nickel alloy?
is there any titanium in it at all?

think i'm gonna pass on it for the moment.
Looks like another cheap Chinese import to me. There is no titanium in that thing, some sellers advertise a titanium coating but I doubt it, they don't even have a website to confirm it. Titanium for a grinder would be pointless, aluminum grinders will last a lifetime if cared for.

I say if you are going to spend any significant money on a grinder then just get a Space Case or Mendo Mulcher, both have solid reputations and work as advertised. I hear the Cosmic Case are good too. Unless they are the 3 I just mentioned, they are the only ones that are made in America and therefore the only worth paying extra for since 99% of the others are just re-branded generic imports.

If you want a cheaper grinder than there are many out there that work the same as the above mentions, in fact I have never seen a CNC grinder that didn't actually grind the herb. Even my acrylic Volcano grinder works great. There are several in this thread, Just try not to buy into brand names because most are like I said before...re-branded generics.
 
stinkmeaner,

The Shrike

Well-Known Member
It may be that this should be a new topic, but I thought it was suitable under this one. If not, my apologies.

This topic as it stands is about herb grinders. Not all of us are able to get herb, and have to use hash/solid as it's all that is available where we live.

Can anyone recommend good quality grinders specifically for hash, as grinders designed for herb are not up to the task?

Thanks in advance for your comments and help.
 
The Shrike,

SmokingElectricity

NY Medical Patient
stinkmeaner said:
SmokingElectricity said:
i'm confused...

is the titanium crusher...

titanium coated aluminum like the space case?
titanium/aluminum alloy?
aluminum/ nickel alloy?
is there any titanium in it at all?

think i'm gonna pass on it for the moment.
Looks like another cheap Chinese import to me. There is no titanium in that thing, some sellers advertise a titanium coating but I doubt it, they don't even have a website to confirm it. Titanium for a grinder would be pointless, aluminum grinders will last a lifetime if cared for.

I say if you are going to spend any significant money on a grinder then just get a Space Case or Mendo Mulcher, both have solid reputations and work as advertised. I hear the Cosmic Case are good too. Unless they are the 3 I just mentioned, they are the only ones that are made in America and therefore the only worth paying extra for since 99% of the others are just re-branded generic imports.

If you want a cheaper grinder than there are many out there that work the same as the above mentions, in fact I have never seen a CNC grinder that didn't actually grind the herb. Even my acrylic Volcano grinder works great. There are several in this thread, Just try not to buy into brand names because most are like I said before...re-branded generics.
if i can find one cheap on ebay i will check it out. but it's not worth my 50 bucks.
 
SmokingElectricity,

stinkmeaner

Well-Known Member
SmokingElectricity said:
if i can find one cheap on ebay i will check it out. but it's not worth my 50 bucks.
If you want, you can search for some posts by one of our moderators named "Max", he has had results with a particular guy on ebay that has some good, cheap, CNC grinders.
 
stinkmeaner,

reece

Well-Known Member
stinkmeaner said:
SmokingElectricity said:
if i can find one cheap on ebay i will check it out. but it's not worth my 50 bucks.
If you want, you can search for some posts by one of our moderators named "Max", he has had results with a particular guy on ebay that has some good, cheap, CNC grinders.

I think it is kelly's great products. Based on Max's posts I bought one and I love it. Very inexpensive quality grinder.
 
reece,

stinkmeaner

Well-Known Member
Yeah Reece found it, "Kelly's Great Products" on Ebay. Inexpensive and still a quality CNC Grinder.

I say that it is smarter to buy a No-Name Grinder than buy the same one Re-Branded for 2-3 times the amount when it is probably made in the same factory. That is what these AEROSPACE and Titanium Crusher types are, just re-branded generics. It is like being middle manned!

If you are going to pay big bucks for a grinder it seems wise to get one from someone that makes them and has their own website like Mendo or Space Case. At least you know you might be paying extra for a reason like fit & finish and a product made in America, not just because someone renamed it and anodized it in colors.
 
stinkmeaner,

2Supra4U

Well-Known Member
yea like I mentioned a few posts earlier (7 or 8) she (Kelly) is the one to buy from

lots of options and why pay 40 50 bucks when you can get one just as good for under 20 bucks shipped??

as long as they dont flake and are cnc'd well there no point to the expensive grinders
 
2Supra4U,

max

Out to lunch
stinkmeaner said:
Looks like another cheap Chinese import to me. There is no titanium in that thing, some sellers advertise a titanium coating but I doubt it, they don't even have a website to confirm it. Titanium for a grinder would be pointless, aluminum grinders will last a lifetime if cared for.
The same would apply for the Space Case Titanium grinders, which started this titanium gimmick. At best this anodized finish allows for less herb sticking to the grinder. At worst it allows the appearance of the grinder to deteriorate sooner if the surface gets marred.

I say if you are going to spend any significant money on a grinder then just get a Space Case or Mendo Mulcher, both have solid reputations and work as advertised. I hear the Cosmic Case are good too. Unless they are the 3 I just mentioned, they are the only ones that are made in America and therefore the only worth paying extra for since 99% of the others are just re-branded generic imports.
I've used all three of these expensive, made in the USA grinders, and I've seen no performance benefit. As for 99% of the rest being re-branded, in my experience there's really no evidence of re-branding with grinders as with the different names applied to vapes made in the big generic factories. If a company wants a good grinder with their name on it, they'll have a company make it to their specs and put a name on it. You just don't see the exact same grinder with different names on it. Too easy to have them cut something a little unique I guess. Doesn't mean that many aren't the same comparable quality though. It wasn't like this some years ago, but now there's no reason, financially, for a company NOT to use high quality aluminum and have the grinder made from one solid piece of it (all CNC). I've seen time and again that it's possible to produce and sell a high quality 4 pc. grinder for $20 or less. Of course that's on-line pricing. Grinders in brick and mortar stores seem to be priced quite a bit higher.

If you want, you can search for some posts by one of our moderators named "Max", he has had results with a particular guy on ebay that has some good, cheap, CNC grinders.
That was quite a while ago, and I've found good grinders much cheaper since then. Kelly's inexpensive grinders aren't advertised as 100%CNC. The only all CNC grinder I got from him was actually a replacement for a cheaper one I ordered ($18) that came in the wrong size. He replaced it with the 63 mm all CNC grinder, which I did find to be as good, quality wise as any other I've used (it does have a rather coarse mesh screen-not good if you want high quality kief, rather than high quantity-I like it though). But he sells this grinder for $44.50 with shipping. I can get 3 Sharp Crusher grinders of about the same size for that price (http://merchantswholesale.ecrater.com/filter.php), and the performance and quality is just as good. He does have some 2 and 4 pc. anodized grinders, with the 'Titan' name on them, that are interesting. They're priced lower and the 4 pc. models have a removeable screen. I like the removeable screens (love the anodized coating) on previous model MixnBall grinders (now there's just the really overpriced Triple Screen though :/ ) I've talked myself into the 2 pc. Titan for $13 delivered. I'll let you guys know how I like it.
 
max,

2Supra4U

Well-Known Member
Yea, max

I was gonna go with 2 pc. again as I always have but I decided to go witht he 4 pc for a couple buck more (won the auction for 12.50) the buy it now price was like 14 15 ish.

Did you get from kelly again?? As I said before my last few that I boguht for me and friends has come from there....been happy every time.

When I get my 4 pc I will take pics and post them up here for all to see.
 
2Supra4U,

stinkmeaner

Well-Known Member
max said:
I've used all three of these expensive, made in the USA grinders, and I've seen no performance benefit. As for 99% of the rest being re-branded, in my experience there's really no evidence of re-branding with grinders as with the different names applied to vapes made in the big generic factories. .
I am not saying that there is a performance benefit by using a Mendo or Space Case, one might have other reasons to buy a Space Case such as an arguably better fit & finish. And since both Mendo & Space Case are made in America, some might feel like spending the extra cash if they have it for that reason if they are the type that like to support the country when they can.

Well Kannaster are re-branded Sharpstone grinders. I am not so sure about any others. My "Re Branding" comments should be clarified, I really meant that they are all made in the same factories and what you are paying extra for is the middle ma. One factory could make dozens of these grinders with different names from people who have contracted an order with the Chinese factory and had them put their own touch on it, like finish or a name. The quality and function remains the same as the plain generic that is half the price, take those Titanium Crushers for example.
 
stinkmeaner,
Top Bottom