Herb Grinders

Orvaxxx

Presumably neither is the steel BCG that he already pre-ordered... So probably after waiting and research they feel they would prefer another (note they did not say which)
Felt the same, was thinking of pre-order the steel BCG but then the OMG popped up and I already have two BCG’s which for me are great but not that special, so i went for this new grinder.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
How would he prefer that when it's not even released yet?
I got a message from Ben (OldMate) saying my 2 units are being prepared for shipment so should be posted soon.
Ben makes stainless steel grinders, not steel,
What Is the Difference Between Stainless and Ordinary Steel? All steel is iron based, but stainless steel contains chromium at 10% or more by weight. Steel is susceptible to rust, an active iron oxide film that forms when steel is exposed to air and moisture.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Ben makes stainless steel grinders, not steel,
What Is the Difference Between Stainless and Ordinary Steel? All steel is iron based, but stainless steel contains chromium at 10% or more by weight. Steel is susceptible to rust, an active iron oxide film that forms when steel is exposed to air and moisture

For what it's worth I meant stainless steel when I said steel here and I always do!

felvapes

I never thought about putting a bearing in a grinder before! Looks cool :rockon:. What would make this better than say, a BCG (besides being SS)?
I don't want to fall into the trap of the betters as that starts fights

But I can say what I like about it
It's SS, no Metal on metal contact
Super fluffy consistent grind
Fast af grind (faster than my regular fine plate bcg) - the bearing actually takes the load and helps with the grind ease
So far doesn't gum up in any way that affects the free spin
The free spin feature lets you know the grind is finished
Very easy to turn and grind
The fidget spinner bonus is also nice as an extra feature
It has good grip for people with hand issues
Teeth have stayed sharp so far being SS and no metal on metal contact

Might be other things I like but that's a couple that come to mind as to why it's been winning the reach test (besides I have been testing it)

XpeeN

Found those claimed SS grinders (64mm or 48mm) on AliExpress. I already ordered an Old mate, but some might find it useful :)

Last edited:

XpeeN

the HONEYPUFF from 'HONEYPUFF Store', i think it's really stainless steel. enjoy!
Yeah people actually scaled them too (well, reviewers scaled the 48mm and the seller scaled the 64mm), so it looks pretty promising.
I've looked for those kind of cheap SS grinders for some time, they popped out there relatively recently.
Not regretting my OldMate purchase though :)

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
Magic and levitation?
I'd also like more clarity about the metal-on-metal statement, they will be in the wild very soon, we'll see what's up. I think it means something like 'in the grinding area'? or 'other than the center post'?
Ofcourse there must be contact but i think what was meant by that statement is that there is no 'friction'/'grinding' contact between moving parts of metal?
No magic involved:
the "contact' (between top and bottom) and the movement happen inside the bearing so there's no friction/metal on metal grinding so no risk for metal dust... So that is what the bearing adds (apart from the fun), at least that's what i think is happening? That's also why it can spin so freely: no touching going on!

I’ve owned a bunch of space cases, random head shop models and was using a two piece ti Apex twenty two for the last few years. I love using Titanium tools so overlooked the fact that it would stick together after a few days and drive me crazy with frustration getting it apart. Thanks to everyone on this thread I went and bought a large fine BCG factory second. Wish I had done it a lot sooner. Huge difference, vapes hit better with the fine grind and I’m loving the thread-less design. Also got an Old mate on the way, thanks again everyone.

felvapes

Magic and levitation?
I'd also like more clarity about the metal-on-metal statement, they will be in the wild very soon, we'll see what's up. I think it means something like 'in the grinding area'? or 'other than the center post'?
Yea no teeth touching in the grind area
Definitely touches the centre post and inner bearing race

The reject bin model hasn't had any issues yet
Still getting to know the changed design one as it's different

Top Bottom