Herb Grinders

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Hey guys I wanted to get some of your opinions just stoned thinking here? I know there's been concerns with metal shavings or anodized flaking ECT.. do you think a water piece would actually filter out the flakings and get trapped in the water instead of your lungs? I wonder if they're heavy enough or they would get stuck in the water?

Steel mesh screen or other filter or glass piece could do it too, but part of the paranoia I think is about heating and extracting vaporizing from the metal particles as well?

PutOneInTheAir

E-nano, DynaVaps, v3pro, ROFFU
Steel mesh screen or other filter or glass piece could do it too, but part of the paranoia I think is about heating and extracting vaporizing from the metal particles as well?
That's a very valid point, that I wasn't considering.
I would think so. But probably not 100%.
Yeah I would have to say a certain percentage hopefully higher than lower. Lol

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Help me understand what this means
It's a grinder:

I assume they recommend it, but impossible to say without context. Maybe they are just working to earn enough points for the classifieds so they will tell us why they like it later.

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
... is a decent enough mid-range grinder though it cannot perform anywhere near as well as a BCG in my experience ... :2c::peace:
When i just bought it i was very happy with it.
The non stick layer worked really well. But after about 10 months of (admittedly pretty heavy) use it started showing some weaknesses.
First the vinyl (?) o-ring between the two top plates fell apart. Without it there was more metal on metal contact which made it pretty hard to grind. After a while i discovered (duh!) that there was another o-ring between the bottom and middle part so changed it over and was good for a while again.
But then it started to jam (no idea if it was the weed that was more sticky/dank or the non stick coating that was wearing off). Eventually soaked it in ISO and boiled it in water when it was really completely stuck. That got it clean and working quite good again but since then it clogs quite fast and needs cleaning quite frequently.
While overall perfomance went down too unfortunately.. It's the only 'quality' grinder i have at the moment so was looking out for a something better.
Was thinking bout a BCG but then the OMD spinner showed up so now i'm really looking forward to recieving that and expect/hope that it will be a (huge) upgrade.

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
It's a grinder:

I assume they recommend it, but impossible to say without context. Maybe they are just working to earn enough points for the classifieds so they will tell us why they like it later.
I am very aware it is a grinder! :lol:
Still interested in what @Get-A-Fix meant by it.

Sonic_1579

I've been using a Krush Cube 2.0 since a few weeks and am quite happy for the price (35€).
It has two grinding sizes, one finer if you turn CW and one a bit coarser when turned CCW.

Don't know if links are allowed to copy, so I don't.

666Honeybadger

Unknown member

Bought these a long time ago, same as the SLX, for 15€.

Daang, it really looks exactly the same (except mine is silver).
Paid like 5 times that price.... Have to check but paid at least 75, if not more...
:doh:
I remember it was advertised as the next best thing. Rather pricey but actually a real deal for "the last grinder you'll have to buy"!
Something like "Given the buildquality and the permanent non stick layer this thing outclasses other brands and is made to last and perform!"

I felt a bit scammed when it started to fail on me after something like 10 months.
Felt a bit more scammed when i looked into the subject a bit more and found that this brand/grinder never (or rarely) gets mentioned as 'top-tier' option, it's not in most Top 5 or even Top 10 lists...

But the fact that you bought it for €15 is the all time low!

Bamboozled by an add for a magic grinder...
Like a real sucker...

"Scam-overload----mood infected----unreasonable behaviour possible/very likely"

That means i have to stop using that darn thing right now because next time its jams during grinding i know my triple disappointment combined with my dormant but slightly aroused temper might result in a broken window/fish tank, lots of swearing and post factum regrets.
Rather use a free plastic one or my fingers while i wait for the OMD to save the day...

€15 goddammit... Piece of :shit:
;)

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Don't know if links are allowed to copy, so I don't.

Of course we can share links, I always wonder why people think we cannot here, I guess because of the Reddit crackdown?? Unrelated though really (I think there's just a rule about sharing links to knock offs that have fake brand logos here)

I remember it was advertised as the next best thing. Rather pricey but actually a real deal for "the last grinder you'll have to buy"!
Something like "Given the buildquality and the permanent non stick layer this thing outclasses other brands and is made to last and perform!"

Hahaha yeah I got mine later at a great deal honestly, but that marketing is such BS, my roommate is using it now, the bottom says "never sticks" or whatever and it's just a total lie you read it as you are trying to turn the damn thing all jammed up lol

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
Hahaha yeah I got mine later at a great deal honestly

Don't tell me you paid even less then €15...

but that marketing is such BS, my roommate is using it now, the bottom says "never sticks" or whatever and it's just a total lie you read it as you are trying to turn the damn thing all jammed up lol

A few quotes from the site where i bought it:

"You won’t ever need another grinder once you get your hands on the SLX 2.5 Non-Stick Grinder. This “Mother of all Grinders” 4-part grinder is manufactured to precision from extra strong aerospace-grade aluminium and will last a lifetime! Nothing will ever stick with the SLX 2.5’s non-stick ceramic coating inside and outside which is 100% non-toxic with no harmful Teflon or PTFE.
The SLX 2.5 sure ain’t just your average aluminium herb grinder. SLX used extra tough aerospace-grade 7075 T6 aluminium which is stronger and more durable
The premium screens of the SLX 2.5 are of the same outstanding quality as the grinder itself. The filters feature a micro-precision manufactured steel mesh that ensures that only pollen gets filtered and nothing else for absolutely no waste!
Unlike other grinders, the SLX 2.5 4-piece grinder will likely last you a lifetime and then some!

"

both of my examples would shed purple every time I wiped them with an iso q-tip, the manufacturer says the material is totally safe, but fuck that shit!

Right.
Also the lifelong non-stick ceramic coating better not be toxic: at first it didn't stick at all but then it turned to being super sticky so not sure when and how it went but gone it was... Did i vape it? Did i boil it off?
"It will last you a lifetime and then some" (does this mean that i'm in my "then some" phase now since it's dying on me?)
"Mother of all grinders"
"Micro-precision manufactured steel mesh that ensures that only pollen"... Uhuh, that mesh is way too fine: not one pollen made it thru, it clogged completely in no time. And the screen partly popped out from the retaining ring when i tried to unclog it with a brush, was cut too narrow/not perfectly round to be held firm by the retaining ring."

And i thought i was settled for life...

Sonic_1579

I am reading on the Shredder and wondering if I should get it and choose the medium 3 or 4 pc version.

Is it worth it regarding grinding quality and does it effect the high much?
Of course quality is another area and there it should be one of the best.

I am not sure if that much money for a grinder is a good investment and not just hype…

Thanks

condition

I have an OG SLX and I admit it needs regular cleaning and the nonstick coating doesn't apply to the OG at least. When it is clean it does a decent job.

condition,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Madtater

I am reading on the Shredder and wondering if I should get it and choose the medium 3 or 4 pc version.

I am not sure if that much money for a grinder is a good investment and not just hype…

Thanks
It depends how much grinding you’re gonna do, how much money you’re willing to spend, and honestly if you suffer from any hand pain/arthritis.

Take it from someone who spent $60 on a shredder. If you’re gonna spend that much on a grinder, you may as well spend the extra $40 and get a flowermill or BCG. I was blown away how much different it is between the flowermill i just got and my SCS. How effortless and how smooth the action is…How consistent the grind is. How much more solid the mill feels. How the mill stays cleaner. Different taste? Debatable. Affect the high? Debatable.

I wish i could go back and do it over. I try to protect my piggy bank by “buy once, cry once”, but not with this….unfortunately.

vapviking

Old & In the Way

Thanks
If by Shredder you mean SCS,
I bought an SCS to replace my very old Cosmic, the threads were finally shot. SCS fit the bill, being similar, and I was happy enough, but within months I realized I needed something easier, I was having some issues with one of my hands. I went for a large BCG, knowing that larger diameter would give me more mechanical advantage.
The BCG went way beyond my expectations; the lack of threads is a big feature as well.
So, I say yes, it is worth a little more money for this clear an upgrade. No hype. (I'd suggest medium grind as a starter)
BCG often has factory seconds at good discounts, and they work just as well as the 'perfect' ones. Most folks can't find the flaw...
Once the OM fidget spinner hits, all bets are off...

Photonic

Lesser-Known Lurker
My "gut" says the OM will be a really terrific, SS grinder with extra cool spin factor and high quality. There's a really good chance I'll pick one up in the future.

That said, I don't know if it will grind any better than the BCG, especially w/o different plate sizes. A SS BCG will likely satisfy many people, sans the fidget spinner feature of the OM.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
A grinder won't affect your high at all. Grinding vs whole Nugs will improve extraction. Scissors or breaking up with your fingers works nearly as well.

Nearly any grinder can give you a nice evenly ground flower, hopefully without smashing it excessively. The SCS works well for this. However a premium grinder should be easy to use and avoid jamming. In some cases, it might even be pretty. A premium grinder should also basically last forever.

I have an SCS, it is fine but mostly sits unused. The HR is basically the SCS but in stainless steel. My FM is excellent but it is almost a different thing altogether. But my BCGs are used all day every day.

Sonic_1579

My "gut" says the OM will be a really terrific, SS grinder with extra cool spin factor and high quality. There's a really good chance I'll pick one up in the future.

That said, I don't know if it will grind any better than the BCG, especially w/o different plate sizes. A SS BCG will likely satisfy many people, sans the fidget spinner feature of the OM.
Whats the OM?

Sonic_1579,
Reactions: LesPlenty
Top Bottom