Herb Grinders

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

I mean I love my BCG grind wise. Straight smooth as butter.. I’m just a slight hypochondriac so I’m trying to decide between a solid SS option. I do wonder if brilliant cut will release a SS option soon though? Otherwise I’ll consider the FM! Prob will wait till black Friday regardless tho
FM have a pretty decent FC discount code if you search the thread for it

Boreus

I feel like brilliant cut said they'd be having a SS version in the near future a few years ago...so I'm not holding my breath on that one. Will be interested if it ever drops though.

GoldenBud

What makes you think SS is more healthy?
it's a stronger and a denser material, but i have never seen (like you i guess) any tiny particle from the BCG, even not in a picture... excluding that 1 lemon fucked up BCG that was shown in reddit vaporents

Maxwell

AGENT 86
I feel like brilliant cut said they'd be having a SS version in the near future a few years ago...so I'm not holding my breath on that one. Will be interested if it ever drops though.
There's a few 100 percent stainless steel grinders or on the market right now. All beautiful quality examples. The first I've ever seen is a stout little 2-piece from wackywillysweb dotcom. And the most recent ones I've found are from evolfus dotcom (2-4 piece) and Zam grinders and Odin grinders ALL stainless steel I found on Etsy 🖖

Boreus

True, but I don't believe any of them are Threadless. That's the sell point for the brilliant cut for me, or would if it was stainless.
I talked myself into preordering the 2.5" zam earlier tonight.

Maxwell

AGENT 86
True, but I don't believe any of them are Threadless. That's the sell point for the brilliant cut for me, or would if it was stainless.
I talked myself into preordering the 2.5" zam earlier tonight.
That's what I love the one from Wacky Willy's! I'm more utilitarian myself. That one is a beautifully machined threadless stout little 2-piece that had a perfect fit to each other with the lid staying on by the sheer weight of the steel. Razor sharp, classic diamond/shark teeth.

Maxwell,

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Yeah that's a nice one, never got around to using it because of its size though. I think the BCG will be ideal for me. Since I started conditioning my weed, my herb grinder mini has been a bit lacking. The increase in space (as well as the magic of its teeth lol) should hopefully help make grinding less of a Chore again. Herb grinder easily gets gunked up nowadays.

Edit: *herb ripper

Last edited:

GoldenBud

SS is not an expensive material comparing to Ti etc'.... I think somebody here got the SS grinder from HONEYPUFF in AliExpress? is it good? around 50$ if i recall

GoldenBud,

Boreus

That zam preorder is a reduced price and I was able to locate a discount code, ended up being $67...more than I'd generally drop but figured that would be pretty hard to beat.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah that's a nice one, never got around to using it because of its size though. I think the BCG will be ideal for me. Since I started conditioning my weed, my herb grinder mini has been a bit lacking. The increase in space (as well as the magic of its teeth lol) should hopefully help make grinding less of a Chore again. Herb Ripper easily gets gunked up nowadays.
I don't think it is plus it's almost $200..that's too rich for me

To be clear, I had the UMG and I absolutely hated it lol posted about it previously before I sold it, imo it could not compared to BCG teeth among several other aspects...

That zam preorder is a reduced price and I was able to locate a discount code, ended up being $67...more than I'd generally drop but figured that would be pretty hard to beat.

Yeah that is a really great deal, seems kind of like SLX SCS style teeth, decent if basic, but yeah that price for steel tough to beat:

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
Haha. I asked about the stainless release when I ordered my plates ~a week ago, I guess based on GFL's response I thought it would be a little while later this fall.

I'll have to watch the preorders. I'd love a SS model. They mentioned it will be a while before its available in pretty colors if that matters.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
That thing is just too pretty and shiny for me to own, I'd always be polishing it! Or admiring it...
This is gonna take some time to get used to, maybe by then some colors will come out. In the meantime, my BCG is less than a year old, just ordered a coarse plate for it; I'm good for a while.

gordontreeman

That thing is just too pretty and shiny for me to own, I'd always be polishing it! Or admiring it...
This is gonna take some time to get used to, maybe by then some colors will come out. In the meantime, my BCG is less than a year old, just ordered a coarse plate for it; I'm good for a while.
Yeah I just completed my plate set. I've come to trust GFL as I've had great experiences with my BCG, but I figure as I did that I can let these get out into the wild and make sure everything is up to snuff and maybe colors release before ordering one. I'm not sure how SS is colored. Is it plated or is there a dye process?

gordontreeman,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Yeah I just completed my plate set. I've come to trust GFL as I've had great experiences with my BCG, but I figure as I did that I can let these get out into the wild and make sure everything is up to snuff and maybe colors release before ordering one. I'm not sure how SS is colored. Is it plated or is there a dye process?
You and @Grass Yes were right apparently! I was just told the stainless steel will be inside of an aluminum shell so it can have the same colors and be a bit more affordable... You guys really called it, I'm very excited now, thinking sapphire outside with that brushed steel inside... They say this will be ready a little after the four-piece, and that they still plan to eventually also release a version that is entirely stainless steel (though I don't believe that one will have colors and it will be much more expensive)
@Shit Snacks had the last info that I had heard about how the SS BCGs will be colored.

gordontreeman

@Shit Snacks had the last info that I had heard about how the SS BCGs will be colored.
Cool, that actually makes me feel less bad about buying the Al plates. I’m into the all ss version, but after issues with another ss interior/Al exterior I’m not as sold. This seems like a completely different design, though, so we will see what they come up with.

Top Bottom