• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Herb Grinders

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
The capu is a intresting design for sure...i definitely dig that it has no threads.
Not a bad price either.

Yeah $121 makes it actually less than potent or iaso... Though I could not tell what metal they used to make it out of, on their site??

GoldenBud

The capu is a intresting design for sure...i definitely dig that it has no threads.
Not a bad price either.
i agree, also the magnets are not too big and spreaded over the marginal side of each part, saving more space inside the grinder itself...
i also saw in other website that it is the same aluminum which used in the Pucc grinder, forgot the exact material Aluminum 6063 or 6065...it's good enough but i agree @RustyOldNail i wouldn't buy any grinder without a decent review(s) about it ...

MegaMan2k

Anyone try this capu grinder?

Goes a step further from having a swappable plate, it has swappable top teeth as well! So the whole thing can become stash without any teeth sections too...

Or this iaso steel grinder??

These are the same price as the potent grinder more or less? So who is going to jump in and test these... $140

I cant find anything on their website about which material its made from or which country its produced in.
I just send him a email to get anwsers to these questions...

Im in EU so germany would be good for me shipping-wise, if its made from stainless steel or titanium and made in germany or somewhere else in europe i would probably be willing to give it a shot ^^

PPN

Volute of Vapor
So much new grinders at the moment, a bit too expensives imo, most peoples will never spend so much only to grind flowers, at least where I live.

Hi @Vitolo while using 2 parts grinders with moist flowers do you haven't any issue with ground flowers stucked in the grinder?

GoldenBud

So much new grinders at the moment, a bit too expensives imo, most peoples will never spend so much only to grind flowers, at least where I live.

Hi @Vitolo while using 2 parts grinders with moist flowers do you haven't any issue with ground flowers stucked in the grinder?
most people which use 2 part grinders are the ones which weed is very easy for them to get, growers mostly, because they put all the grinded material on some plate, and it can be left for hours...... they don't care if the weed is not protected by some grinder because it's super cheap for them hehe

Vitolo

Vaporist
I tend to avoid products that have websites, but very little real information. Wish they would spend more resources on just listing the materials and facts, as opposed to fancy 3D animations. No info, no buy....
I agree.. that was something that bothered me (still does) about the OB-Gon grinder... too many animated images.

No. I do not place mist flowers in grinders.
I let them sit out until slightly dry.
If I do get any ground flowers sticking in grinder, I just run a sharp poking tool around in the grinder for a few seconds, and get it all out.
Sometimes I will use a small brush, like the mflb brush.
The problem is very rare for me, as I like dryer bud for vaping.
most people which use 2 part grinders are the ones which weed is very easy for them to get, growers mostly, because they put all the grinded material on some plate, and it can be left for hours...... they don't care if the weed is not protected by some grinder because it's super cheap for them hehe
While I am very "low-income", (I receive $783 a month for my entire rent/living needs), I use a two piece grinder because I prefer the results.
Yes, I sure do leave my ground meds on an open "cookie tin lid", and use what I have ground for the morning from this open surface.
Some of us do not prepare, and use our meds this way due to wealth.
It is done by me and by others for:
  1. Convenience
  2. best texture and prep for our vaping preferences
  3. Having enough meds ready, and on hand to use immediately as symptoms appear and help is needed fat.
  4. Flavor and rapid effects of the meds volitized dry instead of moist.
  5. Having enough meds ready to last at least a few sessions, back to back.
Two piece grinders allow one to keep the kief in the meds, and not remove some of the constituents present for separate use.
Even the poorest of us do have specific preferences stemming from medication value, and us delivery availability.

Last edited:

Vitolo

Vaporist
having to empty into another container is just an extra step I would not like.
I understand.
I store my ground bud right on the same tin that I empty the grinder on.. I clack the grinder halves together to remove the debris.
Business card folded in half the long way scares the herb together, and it gets played over the web, like a tent.
I use a jar if I'll be away from home for an extended time.. that's rare.
Oh, and fuck 4 piece grinders, keif robbers..
Agreed!
Weakens the potency of the herb you're using. There is a reward for later, but it's a trade-off.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Yeah, but I much prefer a 3-piece because I just scoop out of the grinder catch. It can sit in there, just like on @Vitolo 's tin, but that tin is just one more step, and one more way to lose keif.

Also, I have less control over the consistency of the herb with a 2-piece than I do with a 3-piece, which has holes that don't allow herb through till it's the right size.

Furthermore...I don't like grinding upside down in a grinder at all. If I feel the need to do that, then it means that I don't have the right grinder (or the right grinding plate) for my needs, and I'm just making my grinder dirtier than I should have to.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Yeah, but I much prefer a 3-piece because I just scoop out of the grinder catch. It can sit in there, just like on @Vitolo 's tin, but that tin is just one more step, and one more way to lose keif.

Also, I have less control over the consistency of the herb with a 2-piece than I do with a 3-piece, which has holes that don't allow herb through till it's the right size.

Furthermore...I don't like grinding upside down in a grinder at all. If I feel the need to do that, then it means that I don't have the right grinder (or the right grinding plate) for my needs, and I'm just making my grinder dirtier than I should have to.

Well said, that’s why I went with the BCG with all three plates. For me grinding with my old 2-piece SCS, it was a guessing game, open check, go again... opps too fine....

GoldenBud

Two piece grinders allow one to keep the kief in the meds, and not remove some of the constituents present for separate use.
Even the poorest of us do have specific preferences stemming from medication value, and us delivery availability.
yeah that's right, you never lose your kief. that's the best advantage of 2 piece grinder. i understand why people really like it!!

GoldenBud,
Reactions: Vitolo

Shit Snacks

Same reason I've come to prefer a 3-piece. I like to keep my keif in the herb, not separate it.

I also like a three-piece for that reason, but because it does give me the ability to grind upside down if I do want a further level too. I love my BCG's and use them this way all the time, both my medium plate amethyst and fine plate aquamarine... Though that often requires poking and knocking together the top pieces to get any bits onto the table and then brush them into the dish with the rest... Flower Mill has been nice so far for a totally different experience, but I imagine I will end up using the United Machining Grinder like my Brilliant Cut Grinders once it arrives...

Shit Snacks

@Shit Snacks - I'm looking forward to your thoughts and comparisons. I'm planning on getting a nice grinder next 4/20. Large BCG is the front runner for now but there are so many great options.

Yeah I thought it would be the large BCG for me, but decided to see what steel was all about with the UM, then the FM popped up and felt unique enough to justify it as well!

Vitolo

Vaporist
Nooooooooooo!!! Don't sell your grinders 😧
haha.. love that sentiment.
About 5 years ago I sold just shy 50 of my grinders in one sweep!
The pictures are photo bucket, so they no longer show the amazing pile.
I thought I was all settled then on one favorite, which has now amassed to over a dozen "favorites".
Looks like I am headed in that direction once again.

Speaking of grinders... the new Mill type grinders are the same functional principle used in the
credit card grinders... just like the verbalizer card grinder mentioned in that thread!

Edit:
I claim to dislike 4 piece grinders.... but I just looked back about ten years, and found myself praising this little guy:
SC mini scout is not bad at all!

Last edited:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
haha.. love that sentiment.
About 5 years ago I sold just shy 50 of my grinders in one sweep!

LoL. I get it. I like to collect grinders...but I doubt I have been doing it nearly as long as it took you to collect those 50...but I could see myself falling that far down the proverbial rabbit hole.

I thought I was all settled then on one favorite, which has now amassed to over a dozen "favorites".
Looks like I am headed in that direction once again.

Speaking of grinders... the new Mill type grinders are the same functional principle used in the
credit card grinders... just like the verbalizer card grinder mentioned in that thread!

Yeah, I could not have just one grinder any more. I've spoiled myself.
Well, I could. Hell, I could get by without a grinder at all if I had to, but I would not go without a decent grinder by choice.

I am interested in the new mill grinders. Though I haven't manufactured the determination to bite the bullet on one yet. I'm rarely an early adopter, unless it's a beta tester I was sent, for lack of finances mostly.

Last edited:

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
For me the BCG is the best so far.
I have been testing the Herb Ripper, its nice but in the end the StainlessSteel is just too heavy for me in a full size grinder to pack around. And if it’s in a pack I’m always afraid it will damage other stuff since it’s so tough haha.
the BCG just has the right design, still haven’t cleaned any of my plates. Herb ripper is the same as most other grinders just in SS. Gets gummed up fairly quick.
I was onboard to try the rolei flower mill one, but then they outsourced to China so that was a deal breaker for me.

I have a drawer full of space cases and Santa Cruz shredder. If anybody needs a good grinder for cheap, I got you.
BCG makes them feel so cheap now compared...

Texus

Still waiting on my BCG. But I do really like how my Flower Mill can be so easily converted back and forth between being a 3 and 4 piece grinder functionally with a screw in metal piece with screen that threads to internal threads on main body. Hope that makes sense....

Top Bottom