Herb Grinders

MaquinaVapor

Maluco Beleza
max said:
I have a mini Headchef
Same here. I love this little guy Head Chef Mini . And I also like their Hard Anodized 2 piece. It's similar to the MixnBall for less $ but the tooth shape and grip are better on the MnB.

And I find a 2nd grind with a mini like the MF, Nano, or Head Chef Mini really is often worth it for the LB.

I just don't understand why I should believe that a smaller grinder that just has less tooth than my SC, but with same spacing between them will generate a finer product...

For me the finer will always be the good pair of scissors and a shot glass...

or maybe a electric grinder that works like a blender...

and since the I'm sick of using scissors (that's why I've bought the SC), I'm preferring to spend more money on a electric grinder, rather than a mine.

MaquinaVapor,

max

Out to lunch
Actually, when you consider that you can get the Headchef mini and large anod. for about 15 for the pair it's a pretty sound investment that pretty much covers all your grinding needs. Just chuck in a screened box for kief and your set!
I find myself favoring a 2 pc. more and more. I would certainly go that way vs. paying a lot for one of the high end 4 pc. grinders, then still needing a 2 pc. for a fine grind. And you can even pick up some fine mesh screen material and make your own kief screen.

max,

Vitolo

Vaporist
MaquinaVapor said:
Vito, why do you use you 2-piece small more than your 24piece small? Is this because you can't get fine enough with the 4-piece?

Do you reckon that by using the 4-piece upside down (after 1 first pass to get the kief) will give me the same fineness as the 2-piece?

Cheers!
yes this is the reason... and no, turning it upside down does not help as much as just laying the unit on its side ..top to left... bottom to right to gring as though it were in position to roll on the ground.
Even this way, the 2 piece grinds finer every time.

Vitolo,

Ratm22

Cloud Transcender
Just got some new grinders and I wanted to share.
dyTVX.jpg

4 Piece Titanium Space Case
2 Piece Sharpstone
2 Piece Sharpstone Clear Top Push Clean

This will be my second titanium space case as my first one was amazing, but was contaminated. I had heard sharpstones were good and I needed some small two pieces for traveling.

Unfortunately the Push Clean Grinder must have never been tested for grinding. It simply will not break apart herb. There are no indents on the outside wall of the lower piece to knock herb bits back into the teeth. The push clean fucntion was cool and spring loaded, but not sure if it was really necessary. You can even replace the spring. Looks like a nightmare to clean.

The normal two piece worked much better at refining the herb.

Do we have separate thread for grinder models or brand specific threads for easier navigation?

Ratm22,

max

Out to lunch
The SC and 2 pc. should serve you well. The clear top is kind of a gimmick. Sound like you found that out.

Do we have separate thread for grinder models or brand specific threads for easier navigation?
Easier navigation is only temporary if we allow multiple threads on every brand/model/question/issue. After a while the threads get buried and new ones on the same topic get created. Good info gets lost and the same questions get asked over and over. It happens anyway, but at least it's all here in one place for those who know how to scan threads for the good stuff.

Enjoy your grinders and the forum.

max,

Alb

Ent
Guys, how good do you find the small 2 piece Space Case grinder to be for collectig kief?

After reading this thread up to here, I'm getting tempted to buy this bad boy. Any other info would be greatly appreciated.

Alb,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Alb said:
Guys, how good do you find the small 2 piece Space Case grinder to be for collectig kief?

After reading this thread up to here, I'm getting tempted to buy this bad boy. Any other info would be greatly appreciated.

I just bought a small 2 piece Space Case grinder, and I really love it. It grinds my herbs very fine, exactly what I need for my MFLB. It does not collect kief, though. There is no kief collection area in the 2 piece.

Vicki,

Ville23

2clicker said:
are the screens in the SC 4pc removable?
Now THAT is an interesting idea!
I have a med 4pc SC and I've been debating getting a sm 2pc because I'm not really into collecting kief much anymore.
The only problem with the 2 pc is there is nowhere to store the herb.
I was gonna get a small SC stash container for the ground herb.
But if the screen can be removed...maybe a small 4pc is the way to go?!

Ville23,

Alb

Ent
Vicki said:
It does not collect kief, though. There is no kief collection area in the 2 piece.

Aw, That's unfortunate. Well, what is a good Kief collecting grinder that you gentlemen recommend?

I'm looking to spend $20-50.

Alb,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Alb said:
Vicki said:
It does not collect kief, though. There is no kief collection area in the 2 piece.

Aw, That's unfortunate. Well, what is a good Kief collecting grinder that you gentlemen recommend?

I'm looking to spend $20-50.

For collecting kief, I'd recommend the Space Case 4 piece grinder. Thought I would go ahead and throw out a female's suggestion. :)

Vicki,

Alb

Ent
Vicki said:
For collecting kief, I'd recommend the Space Case 4 piece grinder. Thought I would go ahead and throw out a female's suggestion. :)

I looked into those but they are close to $100.

I've heard of some good 4 pieces for around 30ish. I'm just a little skeptical to how good they are.

Edit: Lol I just got your comment about a female's suggestion. Let me rephrase, "Any advice you fine ladies and gentlemen have to offer is greatly appreciated."

Better, lol.

Alb,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Alb said:
Vicki said:

I looked into those but they are close to $100.

I've heard of some good 4 pieces for around 30ish. I'm just a little skeptical to how good they are.

Edit: Lol I just got your comment about a female's suggestion. Let me rephrase, "Any advice you fine ladies and gentlemen have to offer is greatly appreciated."

Better, lol.

I found this Space Case for $65.00, and you can get a discount through Vapeworld.com. They offer a FC forum discount to members here, using code SpaceFC to get 15% off all Space Case grinders. That's $9.75 off, making it $55.25. :)

That's a good deal for a quality grinder. Or, you can skip collecting kief and go with the 2 piece. I paid under $21.00 for my Space Case 2 piece through Vapeworld, with the 15% discount. I guess it depends how badly you want to collect kief.

Vicki,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Another female weighing in here.... this must be your lucky day. :cool:

Before I got my Spacecase, I had a lot of great luck with the ebay vendor kellysgreatproducts. Maybe pick up one to get you through until you can either afford a better one, or win one here.

momofthegoons,

Alb

Ent
Vicki said:
I found this Space Case for $65.00, and you can get a discount through Vapeworld.com. They offer a FC forum discount to members here, using code SpaceFC to get 15% off all Space Case grinders. That's $9.75 off, making it $55.25. :)

That's a good deal for a quality grinder. Or, you can skip collecting kief and go with the 2 piece. I paid under $21.00 for my Space Case 2 piece through Vapeworld, with the 15% discount. I guess it depends how badly you want to collect kief.

Well currently, I use scissors to grind up my herb, so collecting Kief is a new concept to me. I want to go for a Keif collecting because I want to be as efficient as possible when it comes to bud. I figure, I'm going to be grinding up herb anyway, I might as well collect some "bonus" stuff for the future, while I'm at it.

I guess my next question is, and this goes for everyone with the 2pc Space Case;

Using the 2pc Space Case grinder, are you still able to collect kief? Via a Scraper, I'm guessing?

momofthegoons said:
Another female weighing in here.... this must be your lucky day. :cool:

Haha, it must be! Thanks for the input. :)

Alb,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Alb said:
Using the 2pc Space Case grinder, are you still able to collect kief? Via a Scraper, I'm guessing?

You can use a Wikka box (or make one) and collect kief that way and use any grinder or your scissors still.

J.R.R.Tokin',

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Alb said:
Vicki said:

I guess my next question is, and this goes for everyone with the 2pc Space Case;

Not really because the kief is all mixed in with the herbs. There is no way to really separate the two in a 2 piece grinder. If I want to collect kief, I'll use my 4 piece MixNBall grinder.

Vicki,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Well currently, I use scissors to grind up my herb, so collecting Kief is a new concept to me. I want to go for a Keif collecting because I want to be as efficient as possible when it comes to bud. I figure, I'm going to be grinding up herb anyway, I might as well collect some "bonus" stuff for the future, while I'm at it.

Just a quick note, any kief you get is kief you are stripping from your bud.

So you are lowering the potency of your bud by separating kief out.

Having said that, a nice kief topped wand is always :brow:

I personally always grind using a 2 piece (I have a storz and Bickel grinder, and have a medium 2 PC space case on the way) and then sift out the kief in a 4 piece.

Frederick McGuire,

Alb

Ent
Frederick McGuire said:
Just a quick note, any kief you get is kief you are stripping from your bud.
So you are lowering the potency of your bud by separating kief out.

Having said that, a nice kief topped wand is always :brow:

I personally always grind using a 2 piece (I have a storz and Bickel grinder, and have a medium 2 PC space case on the way) and then sift out the kief in a 4 piece.

Ah, thanks for clearing that up. That was exactly my next question, lol.

So basically, Instead of falling through a screen to a separate compartment, any keif that comes off of the bud stays with the grind, right? Sorry to bug with so many questions, I just want to make sure that if I buy that Space Case 2pc, I'm not wasting anything that I could be saving for later.

And if so, what do you do with the ground up herb that's too small to get out of the grinder? Leave it in to scrape out in the future?

Alb,

Ville23

@Alb- Yep...with the 2pc you get everything with the grind. You're definitely not wasting anything.
It really just comes down to if you want to save kief or not?
It is nice to top a bowl now and then with it. But I think I'd rather just have it all together now.
Love my SC 4pc for years but now it's time for a shiny new titanium 2 pc :cool:

BTW you can easily get all the herb out of the grinder, no problem.
I've also heard of some guys here putting it in the freezer...Then, for sure, nothing sticks to it!

I know the SC's can be a bit pricey but with the great FC coupons here, it's totally worth it! :2c:

Ville23,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Frederick McGuire said:

I thought I was the only one doing that, lol.

I didn't like the grind of my 4 piece so I'm mainly using that as kief sifter and storage box for my ground weed, and went back to the old 2 piece for the grinding itself.

I'm glad I bought a cheaper 4 piece then the space case in hindsight, haha.

Alb, if you don't want to pay the price for a 4 piece space case just read this thread, there are many alternatives tested and tried by other members who then took the time to write down their findings, some of them even took pictures for all of us too see.

SC is also making a little thingie that's just a sifter btw, it is suppose to come out in June. Gratefulbuys had it on their website for ages but I just noticed they took it down. You could just get a 2 piece SC and wait for that one. It's not going to be cheap though, I think it was about 45 bucks for the medium size one.

OhTheAgony,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
MaquinaVapor said:
It is very disappointing to invest so much money in a grinder that doesn't grind your herb fine enough :(

I've tried some manipulation methods previously posted here, but I'm still not 100% satisfied.

Now I'm considering spending more money to get a Magic Flight OEM Grinder for a second grinding stage. But is it really worth/necessary?!

and btw the space case (4-piece) has great quality but I can't say it's the best grinder and IMO it's a crap one, considering it's functionality.

$12 coffee grinder solves this problem. fine grind at will.

http://www.amazon.com/Proctor-Silex...IUX5/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1330868724&sr=8-2

ru_frothi,
Top Bottom