Herb Grinders

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
This S&B grinder gets mentioned quite a bit in this thread. Most people are a bit wary of using ISO on it for worries of the ISO leaching the plastic. A hot water bath and scrub with some regular washing up liquid and a nail brush should do the job.
I'd recommend putting the grinder in the freezer for an hour. Get a pick or wire brush and scrape as much of the goodies built up as you can and before clean it.

J.R.R.Tokin',

PieceFrog

The smoker I drink, the player I get.
Any of you gents that have ever tinkered with cars, motorcycles, etc all know the difference between a cheap tool and a proper, well made hand tool. I consider my Mendo to be just that - like a well made hand tool. Works great for grinding herbs for all my vaporizers - MFLB, SSV, and CRZ(s).

I get a good, fine grind by holding upside down for a few turns. Sure, I may lose some tri-chromes from the catch screen when upside down....but, hey, that's never been a bad deal :brow:

Love this thing.

Mendo.jpg

PieceFrog,

SD_haze

I just bought a 2pc mendo and its a ridiculously good value for like $22.

Wish I had the 4pc though, I miss that reservoir (upgraded from 4pc chromium crusher)

SD_haze,

wolf torn

so I went into a grinder market again last night.

I have had small wooden grinder with metal pegs now since I first started smoking like 8 years ago. The only item that has survived my whole smoking career.

Then I got a metal chromium crusher 5 piece grinder. I use it as a 3 piece though...got rid of the kief catchers and just let the bud drop into the holding chamber. I like this grinder but wanted a finer grind for the PD.

For the LB I use a coffee grinder.

So I decided on the titanium space case small 2 piece. I never cared to collect kief and want a fine grind. I think it will work out.

got it on gratefulbuys.com

wolf torn,

PieceFrog

SD_haze said:
I just bought a 2pc mendo and its a ridiculously good value for like $22.

Wish I had the 4pc though, I miss that reservoir (upgraded from 4pc chromium crusher)

That is a great deal for such a decent product.

If I had to do over again, I'd probably get the large 2 piece. Sure, the 4 piece is useful but not a necessity for me.

For the benefit of others, below is what happens to me when I buy 'cheap tools'.

photo-1.jpg

PieceFrog,

PieceFrog

J.R.R.Tokin' said:
Have the heads of the pyramid teeth been knocked off in this pic? What make was it?

Exactly. The points slowly broke off when grinding some 'dense' variety herbals. The make? - not sure, I picked it up last May when I simply didn't know any better...and yes, it was cheap.

Of course, the Mendo continually rips those dense herbals to shreds without a whimper nor complaint! (no, I'm not a shill LOL)

PieceFrog,

max

Out to lunch
PieceFrog said:
For the benefit of others, below is what happens to me when I buy 'cheap tools'.
Inexpensive grinders like Chromium Crusher, Sharpstone, and Sharp Crusher (even a better buy) are high quality and all made in the same factory. What you've got there is just garbage. You can get 100% CNC made grinders in a 4 pc. design for under $20 these days. You just have to know what the good brands are.

the Mendo continually rips those dense herbals to shreds without a whimper nor complaint!
The Mendo, due to the tooth design, can't be beat for quick grinding, but if you want a fine grind, that design is a poor one.

max,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
I use a 4 piece Sharpstone and it has served me well for the price. I actually prefer it over my Diamond.

Gonzo,

max

Out to lunch
Sharpstones used to have problems with bent and broken teeth, but they've been 100% CNC made for a while now, and the new ones are solid, as in cut from a solid piece of aluminum.

max,
J.R.R.Tokin' said:
As to companies with similar quality - I would personally look into Mendo Mulchers - mainly because it's a stand-up product by a guy who clearly cares about producing a top quality product. They seem super sturdy - though there are reports in this thread that the grind is a little rough.
I know Mendo Mulchers now have "Mendo Mulcher 2 screen pollen Herb Grinder Green vape" on ebay that looks like it'll do the trick.

After some more reading on people who have both the Space Case & the Mendo Mulcher, I'm getting the 4 piece Space Case. ;)

Stonefree_OU812,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I have a medium 2 pc, large 2 pc, and large 4 pc, all SC titanium grinders and I love them all. I keep them in the freezer for best performance.

t-dub,
Cool t-dub. :cool: Thanks for the tip.

Another thing I came across as an alternative to grinders (or even to use it with one as this seems to use trimmings): "BubbleBag - The Highest Quality Plant Essence Extractors in the World". Never tried this or am related to the comapny at all but looks worth investigating. The pollen-kief method looks WAY simpler though.

Stonefree_OU812,

SD_haze

Stonefree_OU812 said:
Cool t-dub. :cool: Thanks for the tip.

Another thing I came across as an alternative to grinders (or even to use it with one as this seems to use trimmings): "BubbleBag - The Highest Quality Plant Essence Extractors in the World". Never tried this or am related to the comapny at all but looks worth investigating. The pollen-kief method looks WAY simpler though.

They definitely aren't a grinder alternative. Bubble bags are only for making ice-water (bubble) hash.

SD_haze,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Evolve Industries just put the Medium Space Case 2 piece on sale for $19.91
I have bought a couple dozen various grinders from these people at Amazon as gifts, and they always have had legitimate products.
I just ordered this Medium Space Case 2 Piece....
I looked at it yesterday and it was 27.95.
2 piece Space Case Medium

Vitolo,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Can anyone recommend something that grinds up stuff really coarsely?

If I take my dry herb, and grind it, it turns to dust basically.

So, I would like to grind up some not-yet-dry herb to a very coarse grind....how can I do it?

sessnet,

max

Out to lunch
Great price Vito, except for the $5 shipping charge. That takes it to $24.90, and you can beat that by a little over $1 by using the FC code for 15% off at Vapeworld.

Can anyone recommend something that grinds up stuff really coarsely?

If the herb is really dry, it won't make a lot of difference which one you use, and if it's fresh and damp, it won't grind fine either. So if you want a coarse grind, do grind it before it dries a lot. As to which brand grinds coarse, I'd say definitely Mendo Mulcher. The teeth only have 2 edges, back and front. I've got an older 4 piece and a small 2 pc. I bought late last year, and they both have the same teeth. The 2 pc. sliced through the bud quickly and then just spun around as if it was empty-a fast but coarse grind. And if you grind before the herb is dried out, you won't get much kief, so I'd just get a 2 pc. and save a bunch of money.

max,

Vitolo

Vaporist
max said:
Great price Vito, except for the $5 shipping charge.......
I didn't even see that there was a shipping charge associated with it. I got free super saver shipping on my order, so shipping didn't even register in my thought process for others ordering!

Vitolo,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Vitolo said:
Evolve Industries just put the Medium Space Case 2 piece on sale for $19.91
I have bought a couple dozen various grinders from these people at Amazon as gifts, and they always have had legitimate products.
I just ordered this Medium Space Case 2 Piece....
I looked at it yesterday and it was 27.95.
2 piece Space Case Medium

Right now, it says "currently unavailable." :(

I wanted to snag one of these. The only two piece grinder I have is a MixNBall Nano. It's getting harder to use with my RA, and this would have been perfect. Damn...

Vicki,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
max said:
Great price Vito, except for the $5 shipping charge. That takes it to $24.90, and you can beat that by a little over $1 by using the FC code for 15% off at Vapeworld.

I'm really glad I scrolled up to see your post!! Thank you for that info! :)

I just placed an order at Vape World for a small, two piece Space Case grinder.

http://www.vapeworld.com/small-space-case-2pc-mag-grinder

The sub total was $22.90. I used the FC discount and saved $3.44. Tax was $1.17, and the total for the order was $20.63. Free shipping 2-7 days. I'm very happy now. :D

Vicki,

friedricey

being human
I just picked up a sharp crusher on eBay to see how goes. I really want to know the difference between the quality when compared with the space case.

friedricey,

2clicker

Observer
max said:
Sharpstones used to have problems with bent and broken teeth, but they've been 100% CNC made for a while now, and the new ones are solid, as in cut from a solid piece of aluminum.

my sharpstone 4pc cleartops teeth are just starting to bend. ive had it for just over a year and its def one of the newer 100% CNC'd units.

im thinking of biting the bullet and getting a SC

2clicker,
Top Bottom